Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-09-2024, 10:31 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read This... Or don't. that's fine too
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-05-2020, 10:24 PM

So...

To kinda preface this post, I'm not looking for more congratulatory messages or anything of the sort. I've had plenty of that and I continue to appreciate all of it. I got some things I need to get off my chest, and I've started writing this post like 13 times since the results for High Stakes went up and any time I try to do this, I get all up in my emotions and can't find the words.

First of all... I need to thank Doc D'Ville. He and I have talked about working together for years and it was always supposed to be OG Duke and Doc, not the boy wonder. Yet here we are with a tag team that on paper... doesn't work. It shouldn't work. It's a young kid that's all smiles and lighthearted joking, the good guy, the hero. And the manifestation of evil in the human form of an old man. But somehow, someway it works and I told him that even if we lost the tag match I couldn't be more satisfied with the results of the work we put out. That shit was the ultimate fun to plan and write (also fucking exhausting). Working with Doc has absolutely been one of the highlights of my time in the XWF. No regrets whatsoever, even if we'd have lost.

If y'all aren't hooking up with someone else to explore your creativeness with others, then you're playing the game wrong. Some of the most fun I've personally had in this game was working closely with others. [Theo, , J Mad, Griff/Az/Nate, Dolly, Corey, Doc, Caedus, Gravy, probably a slew of others]

To the emotional part... Seriously for like the last year I've been a highly emotional person and I fear I may be turning into a pre-menopausal woman. I'll let you know for sure when I find out.

I've been part of the XWF off and on for 8 years. I've done a lot of fun things, cool things, had a lot of different characters, but the one constant has been Duke. The saga started 8 years ago with the old man and continues on today with Thad. No matter what I did or didn't accomplish with OG, no matter his place on the all time list or in the Hall... that character fucking sucks compared to Thaddeus. I put a lot of me into Thad, the real me. From his personality and juvenile sense of humor, to his sexuality, to wearing his heart on his sleeve. All of that mirrors his handler, current day at least. Despite the backstory, he's far more easily relatable to every day people than OG ever was. I've put a lot of time and effort into creating the universe in which both characters live, and Thad especially, means a lot to me. To me at least, he's perfectly imperfect. OG was cold and ruthless, very seldom showed emotion. With Thad, he tends to hold back on the ruthlessness and when he doesn't, regrets it soon after and searches his soul for what the hell that means to him.

Kinda like real people. None of us are perfect and we make mistakes that we come to regret and seek redemption, forgiveness, absolution.

Anyway, I love Thad. He's easily my greatest creation and again, that character means the fucking world to me. So, winning the Uni title against that particular field of awesome writers has legitimately been a humbling, emotional experience and I can tell you with absolute certainty, winning the Uni the hard way versus cashing in a briefcase... There is no comparison. I've done it both ways (go figure) and doing it the hard way means so much more. There was no euphoria. I mean, when I can separate myself from the character, yeah I'm totally stoked for Thad, but as the handler... I was only shocked, and sigh emotional.

I debuted Sebastian Duke at the 12/12/12 ppv in a fucking squash loss to Soldier. The first Savage after the ppv is on 12/12... I don't believe in gods or anything, neither does Thad, and I don't know if fate is actually a thing, but I have a really hard time seeing it as a coincidence where I get to march Thad's pretty boy ass onto Savage as World Champion 8 years to the day OG made his debut.

Maybe it's like one of Bob Ross' happy little accidents?

Anyway, thank y'all for letting me play with all of you.

In closing: Try not to take shit too seriously. I know its hard sometimes because a lot of us can get emotionally invested into what we're writing or the characters we create. We win some and lose some. Losses can sting like hell sometimes and sometimes a win can hit you right in the fucking heart and make all those painful losses mean something after all.

That sounded like one of Jerry Springer's 'Final Thoughts'

Take care of yourself... and each other.

TL;DR version: Just read it, you're probably taking a shit anyway.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
75-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 19 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
(12-06-2020), ALIAS (12-05-2020), Atara Raven (12-06-2020), Barney Green (12-08-2020), Chris Chaos (12-05-2020), Chris Page (12-07-2020), Corey Smith (12-06-2020), Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-06-2020), Dolly Waters (12-06-2020), Great Buzzard Eli James IV (12-26-2020), HeavensToBetsy (12-06-2020), Johnny Legend (12-06-2020), Marf (12-06-2020), Ned Kaye (12-06-2020), Peter Fn Gilmour (12-06-2020), SavannahKnightley (12-06-2020), Theo Pryce (12-06-2020), Tommy Romeo (12-07-2020), Unknown Soldier (12-06-2020)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Thaddeus Duke's post!
John Madison (12-13-2020)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

12-06-2020, 12:24 AM

youve been a good man dude. i remember coming here i think back in 2010 or so not knowing what to fuckin do then I got put in the Dynasty with Trent Gein and I forgot who else was in that group and learned quickly how to mold my character but as of late my character is getting stale and I dont know where to take him. Im trying to do this demon love angle with peter and his demon assasin where they fall in love but on his bday his wife Maria Brink shows up and they have a lovely 3 way dance of death if u know what I mean. That might be the last you see or hear from maria as I will try to push her out of storylines unless needed like if a new tour comes out or album. But i want to focus on peter and valerie a bit more and try to delve into the dark realm of things kinda like how Rosemary is right now, not as evil as she was in Decay but she talks about the shadow realm and talks very evil. its hard to portray valerie in her sense but i try to throw a few lines rosemary might say in.

Ive been here for a long time as well and Ive made friends and enemies here but Im just trying to have fun. It sucks when I lose cuz i feel my work is good but could be better and im really trying my best. I hit a peak in 2013-14 with winning the SOTM and winning a ton of titles in that span. but lately I just dont have the drive that I had back then. I feel like im just putting up bullshit every show. With my work schedule easing up until xmas and new years, i can focus more on my rps. I mostly work on weekends now but when xmas and new years come ill prob be a busy guy but at least i get off on xmas eve and maybe xmas (boss told me im off xmas anyways but i asked for my bday off and could work xmas if needed though i just hope im off both days then go in after xmas and work through new years into 2021.

but duke u been a good friend thru the years and im glad we worked together in matches or storylines.. hope we can maybe do it again for old times sake Wink

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
(12-06-2020), (12-06-2020), Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-06-2020), Dolly Waters (12-06-2020), Theo Pryce (12-06-2020), Unknown Soldier (12-06-2020)
SavannahKnightley Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Men and Lesbians

(physically attractive female on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes)

12-06-2020, 12:54 AM

When I opened this I was all ready for this to be a "sorry I have to quit" post so was glad to see I was wrong and it wasn't as you are a talent that couldn't be easily replaced and I can't wait to see what you do next now that you are a double champion.

[Image: savannah.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes SavannahKnightley's post:
(12-06-2020)
Ash Quinn

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-06-2020, 05:48 AM

You actually have kept me from jumping off the ledge about this or that around here. I appreciate everything you tell me and have taken it all to heart and mind. Thad is a well deserving champ as you can tell you have built him up. Hopefully Ash can get her shit together and be half as great
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash Quinn's post:
(12-06-2020)
Brooke Hernandez Offline
Your Fucking Nightmare

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

12-06-2020, 12:02 PM

Thad,

From the time I came to XWF you were someone I admired the work of. You and Centurion gave me hope with Geri.

You most definitely deserve this. A few months ago, I decided to retire Geri. Seeing your work made me want to come back!

Thanks for being an inspiration!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brooke Hernandez's post:
(12-06-2020)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-06-2020, 01:41 PM

tl;dr

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
(12-06-2020), Corey Smith (12-06-2020)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-06-2020, 04:10 PM

[Image: giphy_9.gif]

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Corey Smith's post:
(12-06-2020), Atara Raven (12-06-2020)
Unknown Soldier Offline
HAIL SATAN!

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-06-2020, 04:23 PM

I knew 8 years ago exactly that this would happen. Congrats duke. As someone who definitely remembers your first match here, you’ve come a long way and definitely deserve this moment. You’ve grown so much as a writer it’s insane. Big props from the guy who first saw you in action here in xwf.

[Image: MGncwBi.jpg]

XWF Record
56 - 20 - 1

1 (X) Universal Champion
4 (X) Xtreme Champion
1 (X) Tag Team Champion (w/ Doctor Louis D'ville)
1 (X) Anarchy Champion
2 (X) Superstar of the Month
Hall of Legends member inducted 9/27/20 at Relentless

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Unknown Soldier's post:
(12-06-2020), Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-06-2020), Dolly Waters (12-06-2020), Peter Fn Gilmour (12-08-2020)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-06-2020, 05:04 PM

Gilly: guys i got Gilly all up in his feels! I deserve another accolade for that alone. For real tho Pete, a lot of people may not know this, but you are a hell of a lot of fun to work with.

Ash: keep your head down and your eyes up. Not everyone "gets it" out of the starting block. Keep trying and working hard, it'll start clicking soon.

Savannah: One thing about making him "real," is it's given me a ton of material and ideas. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Geri: ...wow thank you. As a writer, there is no better compliment than to have someone tell you that you inspired them to do what they love.

Theo: you read it on the shitter, don't lie.

Corey: get nekkid

Soldier: i should have brought this up and now i feel like crap. I was in Ash Quinn's position once. I didn't really know what to do because things just weren't clicking. It was Soldier that kept chirping in my ear. It was him that kept giving me advice on writing and how to do it better. It was a slow process but it did finally click... then OG became the first mother fucker to ever pin Soldier and I'm still proud of that fact.

Guaranteed, without Soldier in my ear, there's no way i stick it out.

TL;DR... Theo likes chicks with dicks and i promised I'd never tell anyone so I'll just keep that to myself.

75-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
Dolly Waters (12-06-2020), Theo Pryce (12-07-2020), Unknown Soldier (12-06-2020)
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

(Physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes.)

12-06-2020, 05:44 PM

Thad, I have a short list of people I absolutely have to read. You're on it. Here, discord, Twitter, you're always fun to interact with. A real asset to the community. Thanks.

[Image: XV49e2j.png]

[Image: 8pr1Az7.png]
2×
[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: YLZBFO7.png]
2x Freestyle Champion
1× Federweight Champion
2× Heavymetalweight Champion

1x Fade 2 Black High Voltage Champion
1x Fight NYC! Brooklyn Champion
1x Fight NYC! Island Champion
#29 XWF Top 50 2021
AW Top 100 2021
#13 EFed Podcast Top 100 2022
#67 Efed Podcast Top 100 2021
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atara Raven's post:
(12-06-2020)
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

12-06-2020, 06:35 PM

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dolly Waters's post:
(12-06-2020)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

12-07-2020, 01:14 AM

Hey Thad, heard you were fishing for more compliments and congratulations!

Congrats bro!

"Controversial"
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Charlie Nickles's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-07-2020), Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-07-2020)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-07-2020, 06:29 AM

I hate you Charlie

75-31-1
Semi-Retired

Hate Post Like Post
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

12-07-2020, 06:30 AM

You're alright

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 214-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Centurion's post:
(12-07-2020)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-07-2020, 06:31 AM

They said it couldn't be done, but by god we just saw a man blow himself.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Unknown Soldier (12-07-2020)
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

12-07-2020, 06:42 AM

*First Half Of This Thread*
"Awesome, Thad! Congratulations! You deserve it!"

*Second Half Of This Thread*
"Go fuck yourself, Thad"

XWF Record - 214-97-9
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Centurion's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-07-2020), Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-07-2020), Marf (12-07-2020), Paul Heyman (12-07-2020)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-07-2020, 01:33 PM

(12-07-2020, 06:42 AM)Centurion Said: *First Half Of This Thread*
"Awesome, Thad! Congratulations! You deserve it!"

*Second Half Of This Thread*
"Go fuck yourself, Thad"

I know right? God forbid a guy have some feelings and want to share them lol

75-31-1
Semi-Retired

Hate Post Like Post
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

12-07-2020, 03:07 PM

Also, go fuck yourself, Thad.

XWF Record - 214-97-9
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion