Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 12:16 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Who was the August Star of the Month?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Goth
7.14%
1 7.14%
Raion Kido
21.43%
3 21.43%
Bobby Bourbon
21.43%
3 21.43%
Mark Flynn
14.29%
2 14.29%
Micheal Graves
28.57%
4 28.57%
OTHER
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AUGUST 2022 STAR OF THE MONTH
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

09-05-2022, 07:34 AM

So here's what we're gonna do this month. I'm going to give a handful of possible names for the August Star of the Month... but I'm going to ask that when you vote for SOTM, you ALSO give us a recommendation for the RP of the Month, rather than listing another poll with a bunch of nominees.

I'd like to see what you guys genuinely think was the standout work here, and I think this is a good month to do that since it was an no-PPV month with a lower than usual amount of activity.

SO - pick a name from tis list, OR, pick OTHER and name someone new. Vote, then drop a comment telling us why you voted that way AND ALSO give us a nomination for the RPOTM.

Thanks!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

09-05-2022, 02:38 PM

i liked the gravy groundhog days roleplays

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Thunder Knuckles™ Offline
A No Good Bastard

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

09-06-2022, 05:50 AM

I voted for Graves for the number of shows he did running the same RP over and over again but differently. I think it was a fresh take despite the outcomes of the matches. Which takes big balls coming in and taking on the number one contender and the uni champ in the same show schedule. P.S. Bobby did a great job winning the TV title and probably deserves this nod too.

[Image: newtngb.png?ex=661f68da&is=660cf3da&hm=6...9be1b4b4b&]
Hate Post Like Post
Game Girl Offline
(ง︡'-'︠)ง

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

09-06-2022, 05:52 AM

Voted for Gravy, just great RPs and was a workhorse this month also just a fun character. Shout out to Goth too, really enjoyed his stuff and he's just a stand up guy in general, he just needs to fine tune his stuff, definitely future SOTM winner and champ.

[Image: mAmAfiJ.png]

Hate Post Like Post
Peter Vaughn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

09-06-2022, 05:54 AM

I think Raion Kido has been so good over his XWF run that people are just seeing it as an "ordinary" month now, but he deserves credit for what he did in August.

Kido won a Triple Threat over Angelica Vaughn & Ring Master, won a Non-Title match over Lexi Gold, and then defended the Universal Title by taking down Michael Graves. 3-0 over four very good rp'ers.

Edit: On a similar vein, I'll nominate Kido's "The Value of Gold" roleplay:

The Value of Gold

[Image: mechanicposter.jpg]

CWF Paramount Champion
GCWA Hardcore Champion
Outsiders Champion (x3)
OCW Craze Champion
OCW World Champion
TPW International Champion (First-Ever) (x2)
PW Valor World Heavyweight Champion
XWF Universal Champion
Level Up Game Genie Winner
XWF Supercontinental Champion
WGWF West Coast Rumble Winner
WGWF World Heavyweight Champion
SCW (Sin City) Roulette Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Vaughn's post:
"Venom" Xavier Lux (09-06-2022)
Marf Offline
THE Marf

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

09-06-2022, 06:22 AM

I voted for Bourbs because he got Jenny shaved at last.

Honourable mentions to Kido and Graves!

2x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
5x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Member of Charlie’s Carnies
Hate Post Like Post
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

09-06-2022, 06:37 AM

With not a lot to go on, because I’ve admittedly not paid enough attention, I’ll give my vote of SOTM to Thunder Knuckles. That match against him was a sweaty on savage, and I know we both put forth our best of efforts. Then he was able to turn right back around and pull off some great work with me in another fed (I know that doesn’t matter)

As far as RPOTM I really enjoyed this banger from GG

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=44208

It’s just a fun read, and kept up everything we loved from the WarGames squad.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

09-06-2022, 08:15 AM

Going with Gravy. The man went around the block across all the different shows and fought everyone he could and pumped out so much good content around that time and was an absolute treat to read. Even if he didn't pick up the win, the fact that he was able to go head-to-head against a very dominant Universal Champion like Raion has been says it all IMO.

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finn Kühn's post:
Dolly Waters (09-06-2022)
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Offline
EOL15072023

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

09-06-2022, 10:49 AM

Went with Mark Flynn because I've really enjoyed his build to Relentless, but also his time in "my world" was pretty great too.  Tongue

On the RP side, I'm going to opt to shine a little light over on the Anarchy peeps this month with some of the standouts from that brand IMO. That said, my noms for RP of the month. 

And one from Madness since I have a softspot for CDs.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like (Gravy_Xtreme_5000)'s post:
Dolly Waters (09-06-2022), Theo Pryce (09-06-2022)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:

09-06-2022, 12:56 PM

I think shattered souls turn cold scores very very low because LSM ended up eating the pinfall in that multiman!, So that shouldn't get a nom!

But the rest of the anarchy rps are real good, always love seeing a spotlight put on the 'A'narch brand!

Hate Post Like Post
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Offline
EOL15072023

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

09-06-2022, 01:10 PM

(09-06-2022, 12:56 PM)Charlie Nickles Said: I think shattered souls turn cold scores very very low because LSM ended up eating the pinfall in that multiman!, So that shouldn't get a nom!

But the rest of the anarchy rps are real good, always love seeing a spotlight put on the 'A'narch brand!

I'm allowed to disagree
Hate Post Like Post
Mark Flynn Offline
24/7 Briefcase Holders get their name in GOLD
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

09-06-2022, 03:50 PM

All in on Gravy. What a delightful month of stories. Super glad for the chance to work with him and that he let me play with his cool story experiment 😊
Hate Post Like Post
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:

09-06-2022, 05:49 PM

I voted for Flynn because I thought he had the best strength of schedule and went undefeated in August, but that was a gut feeling I didn't check that for factual accuracy.

Gravy's work was super phenomenal but I have just never been the type to vote for something that didn't result in the 'W', ie why no one should vote for that LSM RP for anything! This is a WINNER'S award, baby, and I love Gravy, but he came out on the wrong side in close one against other names on this list.

Bobby & Raion took care of their business but I just thought Flynn's schedule was a little harder so I voted for him.

I'm only posting this because Vinnie Lane threatened to cancel me on twitter if I didn't explain my vote, and by god I can NOT handle another one of those this week.

Hate Post Like Post