Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 10:05 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what did you think of C-Fest?
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

01-28-2020, 01:28 PM

I don't mean the outcomes, or how the matches were written(they were all awesome btw) but more so the concept. Even further, the notion of a character hosted PPV? As far as I know, and I absolutely could be wrong here so Shane please correct me if I am but this is the first character/non GM/fed hosted PPV since I showed up back in September 2013 and it came about really because we wanted to do something different for the winner of Lethal Lottery. In the past the winner has to the best of my recollection received a 24/7 briefcase. And as Vinnie said a few months back we want to get away from them being given out so often. They are pretty special and the more of them there are floating around the less special they are. So when Lethal Lottery came around and we wanted to do something different the idea of letting the winner "host" the PPV was an idea that we settled upon. And now that it's over I want to hear from you all.

Did you like the concept?

Is it something you'd like to see continue maybe on a yearly basis? We have some PPV's that we want to keep around each year but I think we will always have 1, maybe 2 PPV's where we may revisit old concepts or come up with new ones.

If we did continue with a roster member hosted PPV what would you like to see change?

Any other feedback would be appreciated?

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
Shawn Warstein (01-28-2020)
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-28-2020, 01:39 PM

Honestly I loved it, but then again It was me. I felt it added weight of the LL and made RPing for LL that much easier IMO. I liked it because it was bigger than a Shove-It and honestly other than the name and stips I was very minimally involved. (By choice I’m sure if I wanted to do more or be more involved I could’ve, that wasn’t meant as a slight on management at all.)

Now that CuntFest is out of the way I’m sure the names would only become more PC.

[Image: 193QVMb.png]
Banner Made By: @reinventiongfx
Hate Post Like Post
Vita Frickin Valenteen Offline
Vicious Frickin Vampire

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

No big surprise here, but I loved the concept. IDK if anything needs changed. This one seemed to work out perfectly.

[Image: VVbatlogosm.png]

1x Anarchy Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
1x Lord Of Violence (March 2022)
2x Tag Team Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
3x Heavy Metalweight Champion
1x Federweight Champion
24/7 Briefcase Winner - March 2019
2019 Tweener Of The Year

Match History
Hate Post Like Post
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

I think it was a great idea, especially since you want n alternative to Briefcases for the reward. It's nice because not only does the winner get to make a PPV that'll make them be remembered whenever someone goes back and reads it, they can also use that PPV FOR a Uni shot or whatever they want, so it's still on the same level of a briefcase wherein you can still get a Title shot as your reward.

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes B.O.B. D's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (01-28-2020)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

01-28-2020, 01:45 PM

I feel like we kinda didn't put Noah and Fuzz over enough? Like couldn't we have had them drag Engy out at the end of the show and just take turns beating him?

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(01-28-2020), B.O.B. D (01-28-2020), Corey Smith (01-28-2020), Theo Pryce (01-28-2020)
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-28-2020, 01:47 PM

(01-28-2020, 01:45 PM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: I feel like we kinda didn't put Noah and Fuzz over enough? Like couldn't we have had them drag Engy out at the end of the show and just take turns beating him?

Dammit I knew I forgot something. Just give me editing privileges on that and I’ll get it taken care of.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shawn Warstein's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (01-28-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-28-2020, 01:47 PM

Yeah, it's the first full character run PPV that I'm aware of, period. If it was done before, maybe Raven has seen it, but anytime I've been paying attention to the fed, it hasn't been executed to this degree. The others were guest host/gm shows that were independent, and I think during Jonathyn's ownership there may have been some gimmick where a PPV was "booked" by a character, but that's all. I don't even think they got to name the show or theme.

Personally, I thought the ppv was a more fun read than usual because of the humor and consistency of Fuzz/Noah throughout. Fuzz interrupting the HOF induction had me laughing my ass off as I read it and pictured it playing out in my head. There were a lot of highly entertaining moments and of course comments throughout.

Would future shows of this nature have those same elements and feel as streamlined? It probably depends highly on who is running it. If you're ok with the occasional disaster, then I'd say keep the concept going at least twice a year! Shake things up.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Theo Pryce (01-28-2020)
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

01-28-2020, 01:48 PM

I'm still a relative young'un to all this, however I agree with keeping this around as a yearly prize. I feel it's a far more exciting reward that assists in keeping the 24/7 Briefcase unique in its own right. Having this kind of winner-driven PPV as a special event also makes each year a little more distinct, as well. I entirely support with it being kept around for most years and I can't wait to see the next PPV idea someone comes up with!

EDIT: Put some healthy thought into what might need to change and I'm not sure you'll run into too many problems. At least, if it's an LL prize each year, odds are the handler is doing well enough RPing to give a good PPV idea that can add a new flavor to the PPV cycle.

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
59 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
61 | 39 | 4
Hate Post Like Post
Noah Jackson Offline
Very Serious Wrestler

XWF FanBase:
Hardly anyone to be honest

(booed by most fans; hurts people even when not supposed to; often angry and shitty)

01-28-2020, 02:05 PM

I'd love to see other people's version of PPVs. Shove its are fun but they're usually gimmick heavy, a PPV is just a person's show and can have a nice twist/flavour. Be great to see more, but I do think there should be a match against a car in each one going forward

[Image: iwofq6s.png]
FORMER:
[Image: OZdvB4F.png]
[Image: l6KRzu8.png]

W | L | D
226 | 11 | 81

Star of the Month (August 2019)
1/3 Star of the Month (January 2020) with Fuzz and our Subaru
RP of the Month (November 2019) with Big Disappointment
Holder of the most wins in the XWF (Mostly house shows)
Holder of the most draws in XWF (All on Anarchy)
Winner of Sickest Cunt of the Year 2020
Winner of Greatest Wrestler who ever lived 2022
Holder of the world's rarest pog collection (Valued at $200)
Owner of Ned Kaye's cat that Ned named Deepthroat for some weird reason
Voted most feared man by Centurion (Twice!)
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Noah Jackson's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (01-28-2020), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (01-29-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-28-2020, 02:07 PM

Shit, did the car win the HMW???

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Jim "the Jim" Jimson (01-28-2020), Noah Jackson (01-28-2020), Theo Pryce (01-28-2020)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-28-2020, 03:45 PM

I enjoy the idea, but my hot take is that the person who wins the accolade be given even MORE control. I'm not clear on if the way Fuzz handled it was personal preference or what, but I think it would be great if they actually booked the card and hell, even picked the winners. This may be a tall order if the player wants to actually participate, but I think it would give the reward even more prestige. Obviously, there would have to be SOME management oversight but yeah, I say fuck it, really give 'em the wheel.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-28-2020, 03:47 PM

(01-28-2020, 01:45 PM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: I feel like we kinda didn't put Noah and Fuzz over enough? Like couldn't we have had them drag Engy out at the end of the show and just take turns beating him?

I was 100% expecting a cash in.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
Vita Frickin Valenteen (01-28-2020)
Vita Frickin Valenteen Offline
Vicious Frickin Vampire

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-28-2020, 03:47 PM

(01-28-2020, 03:45 PM)ENGINEER.EXE Said: I enjoy the idea, but my hot take is that the person who wins the accolade be given even MORE control. I'm not clear on if the way Fuzz handled it was personal preference or what, but I think it would be great if they actually booked the card and hell, even picked the winners. This may be a tall order if the player wants to actually participate, but I think it would give the reward even more prestige. Obviously, there would have to be SOME management oversight but yeah, I say fuck it, really give 'em the wheel.

Letting them book I agree with. As far as allowing them to pick winners, the furthest I could support with that is to allow them to guest judge (with a GM) for matches not involving them.

[Image: VVbatlogosm.png]

1x Anarchy Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
1x Lord Of Violence (March 2022)
2x Tag Team Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
3x Heavy Metalweight Champion
1x Federweight Champion
24/7 Briefcase Winner - March 2019
2019 Tweener Of The Year

Match History
Hate Post Like Post
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-28-2020, 03:49 PM

(01-28-2020, 03:47 PM)Vita Frickin Valenteen Said:
(01-28-2020, 03:45 PM)ENGINEER.EXE Said: I enjoy the idea, but my hot take is that the person who wins the accolade be given even MORE control. I'm not clear on if the way Fuzz handled it was personal preference or what, but I think it would be great if they actually booked the card and hell, even picked the winners. This may be a tall order if the player wants to actually participate, but I think it would give the reward even more prestige. Obviously, there would have to be SOME management oversight but yeah, I say fuck it, really give 'em the wheel.

Letting them book I agree with. As far as allowing them to pick winners, the furthest I could support with that is to allow them to guest judge (with a GM) for matches not involving them.

The decisions could be subject to admin review, I agree. Kind of like how Shove Its are done. When I did mine anyway I had winners in mind but discussed my decisions with Shane and Vinnie.

Hate Post Like Post
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-28-2020, 03:56 PM

Just for historical context, there WERE previously character hosted shows but they haven’t been done in a long time. Off the top of my head I can think of “What Would Jonathyn Do?” which was Bigg Riggs PPV, and “Mutiny” which was Daniel Malcolms. Both of them earned the right to run the show through winning a tournament. Also, Centurion and I used the old equivalent of XBUX to buy a PPV called “Prophecy Fulfilled” in 2009 where we basically booked our full stable for title shots. I definitely wrote that whole show, and Jonathyn (the then owner) just judged the Prophecies matches.

Not to take anything away from anyone, this was spectacular and I think we should continue it, but yes. It was done in the past, but likely not in about 11 years.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Hate Post Like Post
TBS Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

01-28-2020, 04:01 PM

(01-28-2020, 03:56 PM)James Raven Said: I definitely wrote that whole show, and Jonathyn (the then owner) just judged the Prophecies matches.

Yes he did.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes TBS's post:
James Raven (01-28-2020)
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-28-2020, 04:06 PM

Die in a grease fire.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes James Raven's post:
Shawn Warstein (01-28-2020)
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

01-28-2020, 04:58 PM

(01-28-2020, 03:47 PM)ENGINEER.EXE Said:

As I’ve stated earlier on the discord, with the stamina system in place there was no way in hell I was going to cash in after two matches already.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-28-2020, 05:04 PM

(01-28-2020, 04:58 PM)Fuzz Said:
(01-28-2020, 03:47 PM)ENGINEER.EXE Said:

As I’ve stated earlier on the discord, with the stamina system in place there was no way in hell I was going to cash in after two matches already.

Incoming retroactive cash in at CF confirmed.

Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

01-28-2020, 11:22 PM

was a fun event. maybe we can do more.. like maybe...

SCARS AND STRIPES!!!

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

(Physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes.)

01-29-2020, 12:31 AM

Think my favorite thing was the Backstage setup, but it's a fun thing to give a little power to the player. Keeps them vested, and everything else everyone has already said.

[Image: XV49e2j.png]

[Image: 8pr1Az7.png]
2×
[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: YLZBFO7.png]
2x Freestyle Champion
1× Federweight Champion
2× Heavymetalweight Champion

1x Fade 2 Black High Voltage Champion
1x Fight NYC! Brooklyn Champion
1x Fight NYC! Island Champion
#29 XWF Top 50 2021
AW Top 100 2021
#13 EFed Podcast Top 100 2022
#67 Efed Podcast Top 100 2021
Hate Post Like Post
Brooke Hernandez Offline
Your Fucking Nightmare

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

01-29-2020, 01:24 AM

Loved it. Great way to further this hobby I've been a part of for the better part of 15 years. Fuzz and Noah were excellent choices as well.

Can't wait for Geri Miller presents High Times hahahah jk
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brooke Hernandez's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (01-29-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-29-2020, 05:48 AM

Noah and Fuzz did actually judge their own matches. In retrospect that may have been too much. Can't believe they went 3-0!

Hate Post Like Post
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

01-29-2020, 05:57 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Fuzz and Noah should never be near the booking table ever again?

Yes?

THEY PUT ME IN A FUCKING DRESS!

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

01-29-2020, 06:04 AM

And Cent you looked absolutely SMASHING.

I think we did you a favor. Now you’ve got an ever bigger demographic.

Uhh You’re welcome.

Hate Post Like Post
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

01-29-2020, 06:18 AM

(01-29-2020, 06:04 AM)Fuzz Said: And Cent you looked absolutely SMASHING.

....not the point,

XWF Record - 212-97-9
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

01-29-2020, 06:26 AM

(01-29-2020, 06:18 AM)Centurion Said:
(01-29-2020, 06:04 AM)Fuzz Said: And Cent you looked absolutely SMASHING.

....not the point,

Disagree.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Scully Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

01-29-2020, 06:39 AM

It was done really well. The commentating with Noah and Fuzz made it more fun to read. The whole PPV was awesome, from top.to bottom. It worked and maybe somehow there could be more within a year, rather than waiting for another LL winner? I don't know. I mean I could put two people in a on a pole match, for example. I think if whoever got to do it and put enough effort it, it'll still be good.

Maybe just one a year is enough? Who knows?!
Hate Post Like Post
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

01-29-2020, 06:49 AM

(01-29-2020, 05:57 AM)Centurion Said: Am I the only one who thinks Fuzz and Noah should never be near the booking table ever again?

Yes?

THEY PUT ME IN A FUCKING DRESS!

Just for that Centurion, I’m gonna win next years lethal lottery.... if you think a dress was bad.

Hate Post Like Post
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

01-29-2020, 07:00 AM

Fuck

XWF Record - 212-97-9
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion