Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 10:32 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Is the new one roleplay option something you would consider picking?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
86.96%
20 86.96%
No
13.04%
3 13.04%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The One Roleplay Option
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

04-23-2021, 06:26 AM

So I've been kicking this idea around for a bit and after discussing it with the rest of the GM team it's time to pull the trigger.

Those of you who have been or are in other feds know that these days it is a rarity to write more than one roleplay for a match, that we do so here is part of what makes this place special but it also means that there are good writers out there who don't give this place a shot because they don't want to write more than one roleplay in a cycle.

Well that's is now going to change.

Starting with the first shows POST Leap of Faith we are now going to have a One Roleplay option available on both Warfare and Savage Opt in threads. Those shows will continue to function with their current roleplay structure, 3 rps with no word limit for Warfare and 2 rps with a 3k word limit for Savage but in addition to that people opting in can now also pick the ONE RP Option. What that will mean for Warfare is one roleplay with no word limit and for Savage it means one roleplay with a 3k word limit. If you select the one roleplay option it also means that your trash talk CAN NOT be in response to your opponents trash talk in that cycle. So effectively that means that both yours and your opponents RP's will be a cold open.

The hope here more than giving the current roster another roleplaying option is to attract new members by providing this previously unavailable option.

If this proves to be successful we will likely add a title that will be exclusive to this RP option and if we have this title and it is defended on a PPV then the champion will get to pick whether they want to utilize the Warfare or Savage option. But that is a down the road type of deal.

Lastly, if you opt in for a show and you select the 1 rp option you will also need to make clear in your opt in whether you are ONLY opting in for a 1 rp match(meaning if no one else picks that option you won't be booked) or if your preference is 1 rp but if that can't be worked out you are good to be booked on that show regardless.

So yeah, that's where we are at with things. Tell your friends. Spread the word. Let's see what we can do with this.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
Miss Fury (04-23-2021)
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

04-23-2021, 06:31 AM

(04-23-2021, 06:26 AM)Theo Pryce Said: If this proves to be successful we will likely add a title that will be exclusive to this RP option and if we have this title and it is defended on a PPV then the champion will get to pick whether they want to utilize the Warfare or Savage option. But that is a down the road type of deal.

Hmmmmmmmmm

[Image: xwf-beltcan1.jpg]

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Centurion's post:
Miss Fury (04-23-2021), Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)
Miss Fury Offline
BURN IT ALL

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

04-23-2021, 06:45 AM

(04-23-2021, 06:31 AM)Centurion Said:
(04-23-2021, 06:26 AM)Theo Pryce Said: If this proves to be successful we will likely add a title that will be exclusive to this RP option and if we have this title and it is defended on a PPV then the champion will get to pick whether they want to utilize the Warfare or Savage option. But that is a down the road type of deal.

Hmmmmmmmmm

[Image: xwf-beltcan1.jpg]

Yes!

[Image: 1invQS6.jpg]
[Image: BOBClub.png]
#JoinBOB #JoinbWo
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miss Fury's post:
Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-23-2021, 06:56 AM

I like the idea but I dont know how often I would chose it as I like the back and forth element. I'm also not sure we really need another title? We've got a ton as it is.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Corey Smith's post:
Charlie Nickles (04-23-2021), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (04-23-2021), Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)
R.L. Edgar Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-23-2021, 06:57 AM

I think it’s a great idea. Not just for newcomers, but folks here who don’t want to take off, but would rather do a lighter cycle every now and then. Big fan. Good move.

[Image: nSPgiDy.png]
-Thank you for the banner Atara Themis-

Former:
1x Hart Champion
1x Federweight Champion
April 2021 RP Of The Month Still Waters Run Deep
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like R.L. Edgar's post:
Charlie Nickles (04-23-2021), Jordan Knoxville (04-24-2021), Marf (04-23-2021), Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

04-23-2021, 07:02 AM

(04-23-2021, 06:56 AM)Corey Smith Said: I like the idea but I dont know how often I would chose it as I like the back and forth element. I'm also not sure we really need another title? We've got a ton as it is.

I actually agree with you on the title thing. I feel like we have too many as it is but if this option becomes it's own division with enough people in it I feel like there needs to be some kind of end game to it and a title makes the most sense.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
R.L. Edgar (04-23-2021)
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

04-23-2021, 07:04 AM

(04-23-2021, 06:56 AM)Corey Smith Said: I like the idea but I dont know how often I would chose it as I like the back and forth element. I'm also not sure we really need another title? We've got a ton as it is.

My response to that would be a title in this division could be cross branded, with not just Warfare and Savage in the mix, but the folks on Anarchy also getting a shot at it. Granted, you are right - there are a bunch of belts, but I can think of two belts off the bat that could potentially be scrapped.

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Centurion's post:
R.L. Edgar (04-23-2021), Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)
ALIAS Offline
Space Jesus

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

04-23-2021, 07:25 AM

I voted 'yes', but it would be sporadic. Currently, I use Savage as a way of acknowledging I won't have the time to balance Warfare for a cycle. This is another option like that, especially for those of us who would struggle at the Anarchy word limit. It's a cool addition, but another title? There's SO much already!

Do you have a light?

[Image: 7qdASxF.jpg]
(Banner courtesy of Atara Themis)
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes ALIAS's post:
Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)
Miss Fury Offline
BURN IT ALL

XWF FanBase:

04-23-2021, 07:35 AM

Just throwing this out to be discussed, but what bout the TV title? It used to be special because it was defended every week. So, what if it were disassociated as a Savage exclusive belt, and instead defended across all brands in this division?

[Image: 1invQS6.jpg]
[Image: BOBClub.png]
#JoinBOB #JoinbWo
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miss Fury's post:
Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Miss Fury's post!
Charlie Nickles (04-23-2021)
Kieran Overton Offline
"The Destructive Beast"

XWF FanBase:
Hardly anyone to be honest

(booed by most fans; hurts people even when not supposed to; often angry and shitty)

04-23-2021, 09:20 AM

I like it, although I think it should be more optional for people who want to do more than one. I've not got the time to do two or three RP's all the time. Then again, I always forget to opt in because I'm used to being booked automatically rather than choosing when to be booked. I know for sure, I will be using 1 RP option.

[Image: GoGnCPQ.png]

[Image: krB0tFp.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Kieran Overton's post:
Charlie Nickles (04-23-2021), Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

(Physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes.)

04-23-2021, 10:18 AM

100% Behind it.

[Image: XV49e2j.png]

[Image: 8pr1Az7.png]
2×
[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: YLZBFO7.png]
2x Freestyle Champion
1× Federweight Champion
2× Heavymetalweight Champion

1x Fade 2 Black High Voltage Champion
1x Fight NYC! Brooklyn Champion
1x Fight NYC! Island Champion
#29 XWF Top 50 2021
AW Top 100 2021
#13 EFed Podcast Top 100 2022
#67 Efed Podcast Top 100 2021
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Atara Raven's post:
Charlie Nickles (04-23-2021), Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:

04-23-2021, 11:09 AM

I won't be using it but I think it's a very logical feature that should be had.

Another title belt? What about like a dynamite diamond style ring ala MJF? Or something like that Warfare MVP Bourbon still holds?

Or fuck it the canadian belt lol

Don't touch the TV or internet titles.....

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Charlie Nickles's post:
Marf (04-23-2021), Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)
Ariel Dixon

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-23-2021, 11:13 AM

It could be a jumping off point for us new folks if we just wanted to get our feet wet
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ariel Dixon's post:
Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-23-2021, 01:03 PM

The idea here is to make another option for people - which hopefully would translate to more people joining. If that works and it turns out to be a popular option, then we'd want to add a title for it since that would probably be where those people who joined up specifically for that option would be competing.

I'd agree we have enough titles as we are now, but if 20 more people join and they are all doing the 1 RP option, it would make sense for them to have their own thing.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
B.O.B. D (04-23-2021), Charlie Nickles (04-23-2021), Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)
Andre Dixon Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-23-2021, 02:38 PM

This is exactly how I feel.

[Image: 1920x1080-white-solid-color-background-2...009550.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andre Dixon's post:
Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-23-2021, 04:15 PM

I'd probably never use that option, but I voted yes because why not?

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thaddeus Duke's post:
Theo Pryce (04-23-2021)