Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-28-2024, 06:35 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Year-End Awards!!!
Peter Principle Offline
XWF Management
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

12-28-2023, 10:22 PM

Hey guys!

Back by quasi-popular demand, it's the End-of-Year 2023 XWF Awards! Excuse the Vinnie Lane font, a fair chunk of this is STRAIGHT-UP COPY-PASTED FROM LAST YEAR!

Same rules as last time, we're NOT running polls for each individual award. Instead, we're going to list them all here in this post and YOU (that's right, YOU!) will cast your vote by replying to the thread OR send me a PM with your choices if you'd prefer to be anonymous about it. Just easier for me to keep tabs on things that way.

Also, if you have any additional ideas for categories that you think should be recognized, feel free to put it out there!

So, here we go...

PPV OF THE YEAR!!!

Snow Job: White Out
March Madness V
War Games
Leap of Faith
Relentless
Remember, Remember the Fifth of November
Fire & Ice II: Double Cross
Denzel Porter Presents Grand Awakening*
Denzel Porter Invitational II*
XWF: Sound and Fury
MayDay II

* = These shows were not technically XWF PPVs, but they were hosted by us and relied on a ton of XWF talent and work. I think it's appropriate to include them here!

ROLEPLAY OF THE YEAR!!!

This is hard! So what I'm going to do is link all of the different "RP OTM" threads here. Each one will have all the nominees for RPOTM linked for each month, which should cover all the best RPs we saw in 2022!

December 2022
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November

There were others suggested in those threads as well, so definitely scroll through them - or if something gets posted between now and the end of the year, definitely give it a shout out if it blows you away!

BIGGEST OOC MOMENT!!!

Are all of these OOC Events? Some of them happened in-universe, BUT MOST OF THEM HAD AN OOC POST COMPONENT AND THAT'S WHAT I'M GOING OFF OF!

XWF Hires New Chief Branding Officer
Thaddeus Duke takes over Madness
The Return of Fire & Ice
The New RP Rules!!!
The Announcement of Free-For-All

Or SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY!

BRAND OF THE YEAR!!!

Warfare
Anarchy
Madness
Cross-Brand

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR!!!

"The Good Guys" Mark Flynn & Bobby Bourbon
"The Just US League" Blue Tango and The Atomic Bat
B.o.B.
Dolly Waters and Charlie Nickles
Angie Vaughn and Sarah Lacklan
Raion Kido and Jason Cashe
Isaiah King and Ned Kaye
Angie & Maddy Jr.
EDWARD, North Korean War Criminal and A Literal Gorilla
THUGS
Team KTFO
Themis Palaestra

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR!!!

Dionysus
The Atomic Bat
Roger
Sean Parker
Chad GPT
Ham Sandwich
CRAM
Slade Durant

RETURNING STAR OF THE YEAR!!!

Kieran King
Chris Page
Thad Duke
Bobby Bourbon
Barney Green
Doctor Louis D'Ville
B.o.B. D
Centurion
EDWARD
North Korean War Criminal

Mister Oz
Kris 'The Hammer' Von Bonn
Corey Smith
ALIAS

I know some of these guys only "left" for a little bit, and others maybe didn't "return" full time, but deal with it. I probably forgot a couple? VOTE FOR WHOEVER YOU WANT

OOC HANDLER OF THE YEAR!!!

This is more about someone who has done a tremendous job putting XWF out there for others to see, getting folks to check us out, doing extra work such as podcasts and graphics etc. - AS WELL as having handled a character in outstanding fashion. Think of someone who has done great at one or the other or even both. I genuinely don't know who should go on this list, so please nominate some names and I can add them to the thing!

MATCH OF THE YEAR!!!

I'm not going to even try to list any here, because there were some bangers. Stips, turnout, surprises, etc. Please review the cards for 2022 and get back to me!

BRAND MVP!!!

I want 4 names, one for each of the 4 XWF brands! Who was the big hero for each one?

INSERT YOUR OWN JOKE CATEGORY HERE

It's after midnight and I want to hit post already, write my jokes for me please, thanks.

STAR OF THE YEAR!!!

Here are all the SOTM winners for the year so far (starting with December 2022):

Ned Kaye
Tommy Wish
Sidney Grey
Bobby Bourbon
Raion Kido
Corey Smith
Mark Flynn
Angie Vaughn
EDWARD
Thunder Knuckles
Bulk Logan
Isaiah King

Or pick someone else!

Okay everyone! Get at me with those votes! And yeah of course you can make recommendations, duh, that's always the case! If you don't see someone and you're like "Hey, this fucking idiot forgot the ONE THAT DESERVES THE AWARD!" Please write-in your candidate and I'll add them to the nominations list!

OKAY, PLEASE VOTE, BYE[/b]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Peter Principle's post:
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (12-30-2023), Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-30-2023), Madison Dyson (12-29-2023), Mr. Oz (12-29-2023), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (12-31-2023), Theo Pryce (12-29-2023)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-29-2023, 02:08 PM

PPV OF THE YEAR!!!

War Games: It's my favorite despite the fact that every year I curse myself for getting involved!

ROLEPLAY OF THE YEAR!!!

This is hard!

Yeah, no kidding, so I abstain. I didn't come close to reading all these RP's so it seems monumentally unfair to choose. Sorry!

BIGGEST OOC MOMENT!!!

The New RP Rules!!!L And it's the one I like the least, but out of all the options this is going to change the face of XWF the most.

BRAND OF THE YEAR!!!

Warfare

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR!!!

"The Just US League" Blue Tango and The Atomic Bat: held the belts a huge chunk of the year

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR!!!

Dionysus:Jumped right in with both feet and already been very successful

Doctor Louis D'Ville

Thad Duke: for Madness and for being a great brand ambassador all around

MATCH OF THE YEAR!!!

Thunder Knuckles versus Corey Smith, Relentless Night 3: I am entitled one self serving pick and its this one. I'm very proud of how that feud ended and the absolutely psychotic match that ended it. 

BRAND MVP!!!

Warfare: Mark Flynn
Anarchy: Edward

The other two I'm really not sure. Sorry.

Can I just name a funniest new character? And it's Roger. 

STAR OF THE YEAR!!!

Thunder Knuckles: This was the year TK "made it" after 4 long years. I don't rememeber who said it but someone called TK the quintessential XWF success story, going from little to no experience to the top champ in 4 years time, all the while hustlin' in the mid card with numerous title runs to boot. The Year of Thunder Knuckles, kids. 
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Corey Smith's post:
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (12-30-2023), ALIAS (12-29-2023), Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-30-2023), Peter Principle (12-29-2023), Theo Pryce (12-29-2023)
Mark Flynn Offline
24/7 Briefcase Holders get their name in GOLD
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

12-29-2023, 10:38 PM

OOC: It's my first year having a GM role, do I still get a vote if I'm administering the election?

PPV OF THE YEAR

WarGames. I have to second Corey's vote. Even if the winners get nothing, it's still the biggest event of the year for me. It's got that big match energy I wish we could carry into every week. The story was excellent and the interwoven narratives of a dozen or so talents were perfect.

ROLEPLAY OF THE YEAR!!!

Manifest Victory - Dolly Waters

https://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=46477

In a different parallel universe, Dolly drops a second killer RP this cycle, shocks the world, beats Corey and Kido and scores her first ever Uni reign.

She rules the XWF with an iron fist.

We don't live in the universe above, but holy shit, I really liked Dolly's first RP for the Uni. No-showed week two, but goddamn, what an opening salvo.

BIGGEST OOC MOMENT

The new rules. I hope this is looked back on as the moment that the XWF exploded in popularity and a bunch of holdouts gave the fed a shot and figured out why the rest of us love the fed so much. Knock on wood, fingers crossed.

BRAND OF THE YEAR

Warfare, with Anarchy being a surprisingly close second.

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR

"The Just Us League" Blue Tango and Atomic Bat. When a tag-team holds the belt for over 183 days, legally they have to win this award, whether or not they actually deserve it. Or as this rule will be referred to going forward "The Flynn and NK rule".

lol jk, Tango and Bat fucking crushed it all year. The comic book style was tone perfect and virtually no other team could match their style and energy.

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR

Dionysus. 2-time TV champ AND thus far dominant TV champ. He's put out stellar work.

Runner-up nod to CRAM, who's been dominating the TV title division the last month and a half. If I'm running this poll again, I'll be nominating CRAM next year for this as well, he came surprisingly close to snatching it after like six weeks of appearances.

RETURNING STAR OF THE YEAR

DOCK. Goddamn, ain't nothing changes the entire landscape than Dock opting in multiple shows in a row. Especially with a briefcase.
It's not a question of IF King Doc takes back his dominion over the XWF, it's a question of when.

Bobby Bourbon. What a mad genius. Bourbon's goals crafting stories, crafting storylines, working angles, has always been the benefit of the larger narrative. He beat me, then turned around and dropped the Uni the same night to Sidney Grey, because he wanted the winner of March Madness to immediately get the shine they deserved.

Bourbon is an absolute mensch. Someone out here whose goal at this point in their career is making the whole fed more entertaining. As such, I gotta throw him my vote.

BRAND MVP

Warfare: Micheal Graves (RIP)
Anarchy: Roger
Madness: Sean Parker
Cross-Brand: Denzel Porter

Best Ham Sandwich --> Ham Sandwich

STAR OF THE YEAR

Ned Kaye. I might be jumping the gun voting for him before he has his best year yet, but I wanted to shout out Ned now. Captain of the Team that won WarGames 2023. Scored multiple victories over Chris Page after failing to knock that monkey off his back last March Madness. Closed the year with a win over myself and Bobby. Even if Ned didn't secure the Uni (yet), Ned's 2023 was absolutely absurd in terms of big wins and RP quality.

I believe with my entire heart 2024 is going to be the year Ned explodes to the fucking stratosphere. But, I also felt like voting for him this year.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark Flynn's post:
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (12-30-2023), Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-30-2023), Madison Dyson (12-29-2023), Ned Kaye (01-01-2024), Theo Pryce (12-30-2023)
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Offline
EOL15072023

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

12-30-2023, 05:20 AM

PPV OF THE YEAR!!!

War Games

ROLEPLAY OF THE YEAR!!!

How Does SUCCESS™ Feel?

BIGGEST OOC MOMENT!!!

The New RP Rules!!!

BRAND OF THE YEAR!!!

Anarchy  Tongue

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR!!!

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR!!!

Sean Parker

Centurion

Mark Flynn - handles, leads, hosts entertaining shove-its, and does tons extra, like this poll.

MATCH OF THE YEAR!!!

Doc vs Bobby - various events/points in history - booked at Relentless Night 3

BRAND MVP!!!

Warfare - Mark Flynn
Anarchy - EDWARD
Madness - Sean Parker
Spooky Savage - Gator for bringing it back

I want 4 names, one for each of the 4 XWF brands! Who was the big hero for each one?

"Most Spectacular In-Ring Non-Debut" - Dave Blandman (FCBS's Tag Team partner)

STAR OF THE YEAR!!!

Thunder Knuckles
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like (Gravy_Xtreme_5000)'s post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-30-2023), Ned Kaye (01-02-2024), Theo Pryce (12-30-2023)
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

12-30-2023, 07:40 AM

PPV OF THE YEAR!!!

WAR GAMES

ROLEPLAY OF THE YEAR!!!

This is hard! So what I'm going to do is link all of the different "RP OTM" threads here. Each one will have all the nominees for RPOTM linked for each month, which should cover all the best RPs we saw in 2022!

I re-remembered loving Atara's rp from Dec 22 and it's on the list so that's my vote.

Farewell Savage

BIGGEST OOC MOMENT!!!

The New RP Rules!!!
The Announcement of Free-For-All

BRAND OF THE YEAR!!!

Warfare

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR!!!

- sue me.  we rocked.

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR!!!

Dionysus

B.o.B. D

THAD DUKE - DOES THE TWITTER AND PICKED UP MADNESS.  LOVES THE FED NO MATTER WHAT HE SAYS.

MATCH OF THE YEAR!!!

Man, there was a lot of good matches.  I'm piggy-backing Graves though because the amount of work that Bobby put into the Doc vs Bobby match at Relentless was just.... crazy.  I'll expand on it later.

BRAND MVP!!!

WARFARE - FLYNN
ANARCHY - EDWARD

I didn't really stretch too far from those two most of the year.

BEST FANBASE- BARNEY GREEN

STAR OF THE YEAR!!!

I was in a toss up between Flynn and Bobby.  I've worked with both and they're both mad geniuses.  They're both pretty much equally active, I think.  Both had Uni's and others.  I could go on.

I'll go with Bobby Bourbon because for years we talked about a match at Relentless and when we finally agreed to one, he spent a year orchestrating our time-traveling, universe-crossing ladder match from Hell.  So I guess that did it.  Crazy bastard.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Doctor Louis D'Ville's post:
Mark Flynn (12-30-2023), Theo Pryce (12-30-2023)
ALIAS Offline
Space Jesus

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

12-30-2023, 07:09 PM

PPV OF THE YEAR!!!

March Madness. Felt like a really monumental show with the rise of Sidney Grey, the end of Mark Flynn's reign of terror, etc.

ROLEPLAY OF THE YEAR!!!

My favourite of the year was Sarah Lacklan - The Restoration of Anarchy Part III - SarTalk (https://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=46264)

BIGGEST OOC MOMENT!!!

New rp rules, I guess. Feels like a bigger deal for the new year though, but the moment happened in 2023.

BRAND OF THE YEAR!!!

Warfare gets the nod due to the first half of the year, but it's only just. The opt ins really started dropping off later in the year, and I think Madness became a really prominent part of the fed under its Duke era. Still, Warfare gets my vote.

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR!!!

"The Just US League" Blue Tango and The Atomic Bat. Really the only logical vote.

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR!!!

Actually had Dionysus in here, but I went back just to see when Sidney Grey actually debuted. Roster page went up in Dec 22 and I think first match was Jan 23. The first half of the year she dominated. Sidney Grey is my vote.

Thunder Knuckles - came back from a break to take the Universal Title and cement himself as a major singles name alongside his already impressive tag career.

(Copied from Corey) Thad Duke: for Madness and for being a great brand ambassador all around

MATCH OF THE YEAR!!!

Bobby Bourbon vs Mark Flynn - March Madness. The insanity of some of Flynn's title stipulations was amazing, and the conclusion here was fantastic with great effort put forth by both.

BRAND MVP!!!

Warfare: Was tossing up between two people here, and ultimately settled on Mark Flynn because the other person will get a nod later on.
Anarchy: EDWARD. Sidney Grey makes a run for second place burt EDWARD was Anarchy for most of the year.
Madness: Honestly I think there are three main names here. I think I'd get a look in with Kieran King for trying to promote things via Twitter and trying to work to get others over. Penelope helped add some credibility to the brand when she came in. But really, through most of the year, Myra Rivers has been the champ and the focus of the show. She gets my vote.

I don't think we vote on Cross-Brand. Any reference to another brand is likely a product of this being copy and pasted from last year.

STAR OF THE YEAR!!!

I mentioned with Warfare MVP I was tossing up with someone else, and that person is Bobby Bourbon. I think, of all people, I remember more of what Bourbon has done throughout the year than anybody else, and thus he gets my vote
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like ALIAS's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-31-2023), Theo Pryce (12-31-2023)
Prof. Bobby Bourbon Offline
Mad Scientist

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-31-2023, 04:02 AM

PPV OF THE YEAR!!!

War Games. I say that as the guy who wrote the three preliminary matches and I got to read everybody's work on the boards.

Hon Mention: Shove-It! Sound and Fury. The turnout wasn't massive but the results were top notch, also well beyond my grasp of recreating.

ROLEPLAY OF THE YEAR!!!

A Deal is a Deal. I said it August, I'll say it now, RPotY. Ever read someone's RP and immediately think "Damn, I fucking lost!"? Yeah, that.

A Deal is a Deal (xwf99.com)

BIGGEST OOC MOMENT!!!

Chief Branding Officer. The new RP rules are big, but again the impact we won't see until next year.

BRAND OF THE YEAR!!!

Warfare. Anarchy had it's moments.

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR!!!

"The Just US League" Blue Tango and The Atomic Bat. 

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR!!!

Dionysus, both for his work on the boards and for generally being a convivial guy OOC too. Sorry I left you hanging the other night on untap!

Thunder Knuckles. 

Thad Duke: always contributing, was down to clown on Twitter/X not too long ago for the sake of having fun with the hobby.

MATCH OF THE YEAR!!!

Bourbon v Doc. Yes, I'm patting myself on the back, but more for selling the world on the notion it was the first time Bobby and Doc faced each other when they had a match in 2018, and then retconning it so it was.

BRAND MVP!!!

Warfare: Mark Flynn. He needs some recognition from me, and it will be here.
Anarchy: EDWARD, by a mile.
Madness: Parker.

MADE-UP CATEGORY: BEST COMEDY WRITER:

Roger. I laugh my ass off every single time.

STAR OF THE YEAR!!!

Ned Kaye. Ned has been the barometer of the fed all year, the character you could empathize with as a real person the most readily, and I honestly feel if he took more than he gave, he would have had at a potential Universal Title run.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Prof. Bobby Bourbon's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (12-31-2023), Ned Kaye (01-01-2024), Theo Pryce (12-31-2023)
Mad Scientist

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-31-2023, 01:48 PM

Also, I feel since the guy hasn't been represented anywhere near enough in this thread, can we get a shoutout to Isaiah King? Ended the year as the Uni, has been on his game all year and where some (of us; I mean me) kind of had their character's trajectory slope downward, he's been steadily moving up all year.

Most Improved: Isaiah King.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Prof. Bobby Bourbon's post:
ALIAS (12-31-2023), Dolly Waters (01-01-2024), Ned Kaye (01-02-2024), Prince Adeyemi (01-01-2024), Theo Pryce (01-01-2024)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-31-2023, 04:17 PM

(12-31-2023, 01:48 PM)Robbie Bourbon Said: Also, I feel since the guy hasn't been represented anywhere near enough in this thread, can we get a shoutout to Isaiah King? Ended the year as the Uni, has been on his game all year and where some (of us; I mean me) kind of had their character's trajectory slope downward, he's been steadily moving up all year.

I agree with this and I wished he could have gone in the returning star category. He wasn't here as King but used to be here as Danny Imperial, and if the category worked  that way I certainly would have votes for him there.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Corey Smith's post:
Prince Adeyemi (01-01-2024), Theo Pryce (01-01-2024)
ALIAS Offline
Space Jesus

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

12-31-2023, 04:35 PM

(12-31-2023, 01:48 PM)Robbie Bourbon Said: Also, I feel since the guy hasn't been represented anywhere near enough in this thread, can we get a shoutout to Isaiah King? Ended the year as the Uni, has been on his game all year and where some (of us; I mean me) kind of had their character's trajectory slope downward, he's been steadily moving up all year.

Seconded. Or thirded, I guess. Never knew the Imperial character, but Most Improved is a great category to add and I can't think of anybody else more suitable. Maybe TK, but I actually think he's been at that level for a while now and only just getting the recognition.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like ALIAS's post:
Dolly Waters (01-01-2024), Prince Adeyemi (01-01-2024), Theo Pryce (01-01-2024)
Dionysus Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-31-2023, 06:22 PM

…Convivial?

[Image: Many-Faces.png]
1x XWF Xtreme Champion (November 2023)
2x XWF Television Champion (May/August 2023)
2x RP of the Month (March/October 2023)
2023 Rookie of the Year
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dionysus's post:
Theo Pryce (01-01-2024)
Peter Principle Offline
XWF Management
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:

12-31-2023, 08:11 PM

[Image: Screenshot-2023-12-31-at-10-10-44-PM.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Principle's post:
Theo Pryce (01-01-2024)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-31-2023, 08:26 PM

(12-31-2023, 08:11 PM)Peter Principle Said: [Image: Screenshot-2023-12-31-at-10-10-44-PM.png]

Thank you I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
Theo Pryce (01-01-2024)
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-01-2024, 01:44 AM

(12-31-2023, 04:17 PM)Corey Smith Said:

I agree with this and I wished he could have gone in the returning star category. He wasn't here as King but used to be here as Danny Imperial, and if the category worked  that way I certainly would have votes for him there.

WHAT
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Doctor Louis D'Ville's post:
Dolly Waters Online
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

01-01-2024, 02:01 AM

Seconded.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Dolly Waters's post:
Dolly Waters Online
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

01-01-2024, 02:02 AM

Seconded.
Hate Post Like Post
Prince Adeyemi Offline
The Heir Apparent
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

01-01-2024, 02:30 AM

(01-01-2024, 01:44 AM)Doctor Louis D'Ville Said:
(12-31-2023, 04:17 PM)Corey Smith Said:

WHAT

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b9525aldvyp7skd8qt1wktv...w.gif&ct=g]

I think I was around 2017/18 as Imperial! Memories a little fuzzy though. Stumbled back on here last year to sharpen some writing skills after forever!

PPV OF THE YEAR!!!

War Games

I had the most fun personally reading and writing for Wargames! The dynamics of the matches were fun, roleplays were wonderfully collaborative. It just felt like an altogether enjoyable time.

March Madness takes a great honorable mention though, the final match and drama on that card really left me itching to get more involved.

ROLEPLAY OF THE YEAR!!!

[TBA - I need to go refresh my memory on some of these]

BIGGEST OOC MOMENT!!!

Thaddeus Duke takes over Madness

Madness has really come into it's own, it feels like a whole fed of itself. Warfare folk really gotta step up our storytelling game if we're going to want to keep up with them. Props to Duke for taking it on!

BRAND OF THE YEAR!!!

Madness

Leading from the previous award, it feels like Madness has only leveled up throughout the year and gotten more and more entertaining.

In contrast, it feels like Warfare has our large chunk of roleplayers but is trying to find it's brand, it's story. Hopefully this new year Warfare will come in swinging!

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR!!!

B.o.B.

Ima be a little rebel and say B.o.B - sure I don't think they've been as dominant as The Just-Us League, but I think they've produced some of the most entertaining tag-team roleplays. As a stable, they've killed it this year.

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR!!!

Dionysus

Brother, you've been consistently entertaining. Loved the TV title interaction stuff you were trying to do, and it felt like the title definitely leveled up while you held it. Kinda wish you still had it and had a monster reign

Doctor Louis D'Ville

I'm a simp for Doc's work, always have been. He always adds a level of threat and excitement to shows when he's on it. Love the segments and matches he's done with Bobby, feels like he's not just a visiting character but a genuine danger to whoever's feeling like top dog.

I'm not very involved OOC-ly, but I think Theo should get an award for carrying the fed, thinking hard about changes and putting them to effect. I'm sure he's got the whole team behind him, but its felt to me at least like the man's been GRINDING this year.

MATCH OF THE YEAR!!!

The Finals of War GAMES

BRAND MVP!!!

Warfare: Mark Flynn
Madness: Kieran King
Anarchy: Sidney Grey

STAR OF THE YEAR!!!

Mark Flynn

Started off the year as one of the most dominant Universal Champions around - has carried the Xtreme belt and the Tag Belts in the year, sole survivor of his War Games team. Constantly involved in writing segments and feuding with people. Give the man an award larger than his ego pls - because he is madly humble and always keen to help OOCly too.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Prince Adeyemi's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (01-01-2024), Ned Kaye (01-01-2024), Peter Principle (01-01-2024), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (01-01-2024), Theo Pryce (01-01-2024)
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

01-02-2024, 02:02 PM

Incredibly massive year for the XWF. Hard to compress all of my thoughts into one place, but I will do my best to do so ajd give credit where it is due despite still feeling a bit brain scrambled.

PPV of the Year
War Games- I admittedly was trying to find an excuse for another show, but its really hard to oversell just how huge War Games was this year. All of the teamwork and concepts presented were huge and the ramifications of this event are still being felt in a lot of ways. Plus, the matches were fantastic. I want to give a shout out to MM and Relentless, but its hard to top the kaiju theming and pure madness of War Games this year.

RP of the Year

Silent No More: Part 2- I thought about this for a while and there are probably some RPs I've had some involvement with I'm maybe a little more partial to and likely some that are a little more technically savvy.(Huge props to A Deal is A Deal.) This one is RPotY for me more because it represents the culmination of someone who's journey here is very similar to my own and shoes a defiance, fire, and quality that has stuck in my mind for months now. The moment TK embraced his upper limit with the confidence and class that he'd been worthy of long prior to the moment. For those reasons, it's my pick.

Also Rodney Dangerfield lol

Biggest OOC Moment

Thaddeus Duke takes over Madness- It’s difficult for me to not consider this pretty huge. Following Vinnie's need to step away for a bit, the newest and most approachable show needed somebody who was going to really take the ball and keep it running. Duke launched it into the fucking stratosphere. I don’t think I can say much more without repeating stuff that's already been said.

Brand of the Year

Warfare- Should it probably be Madness due to how quickly it has become such a strong part of the fed? Probably. Am I choosing Warfare because it's my brand and I feel some loyalty to it? Probably again, however, I think Warfare has a truly great year. Obviously, the roster shrank a bit, but that resulted in really consistent, competitive matches that highlighted why it remains an incredibly important stage. Anarchy and Madness cards are never weak, but Warfare can feel like a PPV regularly.

Tag Team of the Year

"The Just US League" Blue Tango and The Atomic Bat- I was thinking about this for a while, but honestly The Just Us League had a great reign. Just banger after banger roleplays. Obviously, several other tag teams are close to my heart, but it's difficult not to give the nod to them. What can I say? I'm a sucker for workhorses.

Newcomer Rookie of the Year

Dionysus- I wanted to say Roger so bad, but if we're being serious, it's Dio. Talk about someone who jumped into the fed and acclimated pretty perfectly. It's crazy for me to think of him as a new face because he already feels incredibly ingrained here. Plus, several title runs at this point if I remember correctly? Who are we kidding, Dio has all the potential to be an XWF Hall of Famer in by next year. Guy's fantastic.

Returning Star of the Year

B.o.B. D- I gotta give it to D. He's the most proper return I can think of and he immediately jumped into a new situation that's been good for his character. You can tell he feels renewed and focused and I just like the guy. I think his work upon returning really speaks for itself.

OOC Handler of the Year

Theo Pryce- Infinitely helpful. Moves heaven and earth to keep things moving. Stern, but fair. Blunt, honest, receptive, kind. Theo has absolutely been a huge force both keeping the fed together and keeping me from totally falling apart this year. I also want to give shout outs to Gator, Mark, Isaiah, TK, Bobby Bourbon, and Dio for also being awesome and there and just incredibly lovely people who've kept me going and kept me focused. Couldn't have made it to 2024 without all of y'all.

Match of the Year

Ned Kaye Vs. Chris Page(Relentless)- I know I'm fucking biased here, but I really did love the absolute shit out of this match. Page is one of the best match writers around and you can tell how seriously he takes the characters everytime he gets the opportunity to write anybody. Incredibly generous, talented, and thoughtful, he brought what I consider to be a masterful chapter in this ongoing rivalry between Kaye and Page and I would be remiss not to pay it the respects I think it deserves.

Brand MVPs

Warfare- Bobby Bourbon(All over the damn show and has been kind of the main character of Warfare, if such a thing exists, in a ton of ways. Plus, his consistency is insane.)
Anarchy- EDWARD(It was really between ED and Centurion here and I went ahead and gave EDWARD the nod for his lengthy reign. It was just so jam packed and fun.)
Madness- Da Bing Bong Twinz(I am a monster and Sean already has it on lockdown)

Most Improved

Isaiah King- The heights that this guy has climbed to this year are just absolutely insane. His storytelling is unique and vivid and effortlessly bounces off of everyone else. To see him come into his own has meant a lot to me and I can't wait to see how high he continues to climb.

Least Improved

Da Bing Bong Twinz- I feel like their work has stagnated. Where once they could have effortlessly looked like the villains of a Grey Poupon commercial, now they've regressed to Chuck E. Cheese rivals. Hopefully in 2024, they can find their own again and smell like the unwashed Supreme shirt they strive to be.

Least Existant

Joey Wheel-and-Dealer- Fuck happened to this gimmick that everybody loved tolerated? If I had to guess, the writer has been sitting on his ass and needs to get his shit together.

Most Likely to be Voted Prom King

Crash Rodriguez- Who singlehandedly pulled me through War Games based on the result of a fantasy football game.

Ned Kaye of the Year

Jim Jimson- God fucking dammit not again

Biggest Loss in Momentum

The Eagles(Philly)

Mediocrest Musical Act

The Eagles(Band)

Bird

The Eagles(Bird)

Star of the Year

Mark Flynn- I gave this a long think and it's hard for me to pick someone who has been as ubiquitous and important to the fed as a character as Mark Flynn. The glue that ties nearly everything together and a fantastic writer, he blends comedy and more dramatic pacing to write some of the most off the wall shit I have ever read. He has chemistry with everyone. He understands the game better than 99% of people I've spoken to, which is not to disrespect anyone else, he just is wired that bit differently. His endless success seems to know no bounds and the angles he and Bobby have taken part in this year have been amazing. I struggle to give it to someone else given how vital Mark has been for the entire year.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Ned Kaye's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (01-02-2024), Prince Adeyemi (01-06-2024), Theo Pryce (01-02-2024)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

01-02-2024, 02:38 PM

(01-02-2024, 02:02 PM)Ned Kaye Said:
Biggest Loss in Momentum

The Eagles(Philly)

Did you think the nice things you said about me earlier would dull the pain of this? Because it didn't. Not. One. Bit.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (01-02-2024), Ned Kaye (01-02-2024)
Mad Scientist

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

01-03-2024, 11:35 PM

(01-02-2024, 02:38 PM)Theo Pryce Said:
(01-02-2024, 02:02 PM)Ned Kaye Said:
Biggest Loss in Momentum

The Eagles(Philly)

Did you think the nice things you said about me earlier would dull the pain of this? Because it didn't. Not. One. Bit.

Live in the now, the green teams of Jersey are dead.

Brown teams of Ohio!

TK loves the Browns!

Dallas gonna lose by Miles. Cool
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Prof. Bobby Bourbon's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (02-02-2024), Theo Pryce (01-04-2024)
Sean Parker Offline

TITLE - Anarchy Champion

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

01-12-2024, 01:58 AM

PPV of the Year: I only joined XWF in July-ish, so this was right after Leap of Faith I believe. Just because Sean and Kevin Mears had an absolute banger from a selfish standpoint, I’m going to say Relentless.

RP of the Year: Thad Duke’s RP against myself for Fire & Ice II (“The Week That Was”)

Biggest OOC Moment of the Year: Thad Duke takes over Madness - easy! It’s what brought me to XWF in the first place.

Brand of the Year: Madness!

Tag Team of the Year: "The Just US League" Blue Tango and The Atomic Bat

Newcomer of the Year: I’m not neurotic enough to vote for myself so the big man, Dionysus gets my vote.

Returning Star of the Year: Kieran King

OOC Handler of the Year: Coin flip between Theo Pryce and Thaddeus Duke

Match of the Year: I know I said I’m not neurotic to vote for myself but I’m extremely proud of this match and it’s Kevin Mears vs. Sean Parker from Relentless.

Brand MVPs:

Warfare: Thunder Knuckles
Anarchy: EDWARD
Madness: Myra Rivers

Star of the Year: Thunder Knuckles

XWF Record
Wins -
Losses - 3
Draws - 1

Achievements
1x XWF Anarchy Champion (current)
Roleplay of the Month - December 2023
Superstar of the Month - February 2024
Madness Brand MVP - 2023

Non-XWF Achievements
1x WCW World Champion
1x Zion Endurance Champion
1x PWV Spirit of the Fight Champion
1x 5LW Television Champion
Zion Breakout Star 2023
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sean Parker's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (02-02-2024)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

01-12-2024, 03:26 AM

PPV OF THE YEAR!!!

Relentless

ROLEPLAY OF THE YEAR!!!

TK's second rp against Corey Smith from Relentless

BIGGEST OOC MOMENT!!!

haha, you don't want me to say.

BRAND OF THE YEAR!!!

Anarchy

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR!!!

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR!!!

Roger

B.o.B. D

Can't properly give this to someone who DOXes, so I'mma throw it over to my buddy Tee-Kay. He's a very collaborative guy who's always looking to elevate folks.

MATCH OF THE YEAR!!!

Thunder Knuckles vs Corey Smith, but not Relentless, Leap of Faith!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charlie Nickles's post:
Thunder Knuckles™ Offline
A No Good Bastard

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

01-12-2024, 09:40 PM

PPV of the year: 

My answer has always been the same Relentless. Biggest show with the biggest feuds, also I hate War Games.

RPOTY:

A DEAL IS A DEAL. To say Doc crushed it would be an understatement.

Biggest OOC moment of the year: 

New RP rules. It's the biggest. I might not call it the best but it is the biggest.

Brand of the Year: 

Warfare, a lot of big matches that could have headlined PPVs happened.

Tag Team of the Year: 

"The Just Us League", anyone who says otherwise is a tool.

Newcomer of the Year:

Dio. He came out of nowhere and shook up the TV title scene and hasn't stopped since.

Returning Star of the Year:

Big D as B.O.B. D. Shout out here for D, getting out of of his comfort zone, and taking a chance.

MVPS:

Warfare: Bobby Bourbon
Anarchy: Edward
Madness: I'm not going to insult anyone by acting like I read it.

Best Ham Sandwich of the Year:

Ned Kaye

OOC Handler of the Year: 

Me. Fuck you.

Biggest OOC Heel of the year: 

Charlie. No, Charlie, that's not a good thing.

GM of the Year:

*Rubs hands together with a smirk on his face* Smokin' Bob Williams.

Match of the Year:

Hands down, Bobby vs Doc, Relentless, the first time ever match. To get that to work the way they did and the insanity that ensued is priceless. 

Star of the Year: 

Mark Flynn, no one stepped up into this role better than Mark. Uni Champ to start the year, 1/2 Tag Champs to end it. Plus so much more in between.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thunder Knuckles™'s post:
Peter Principle Offline
XWF Management
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:

02-02-2024, 07:11 PM

VOTING IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!

You can still post in this thread... I haven't locked it, I'm just no longer obligated to care about your opinion! Smile

Check back later, after I've counted all the votes for who won what, and wrote nice little write-ups for everyone! Yaaaaaaay, write-ups!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Principle's post:
Dionysus Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-17-2024, 02:01 PM

One Eternity Later
Hate Post Like Post