Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-30-2024, 01:05 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Which one describes you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I usually try to play along with anything and everything, and am able to use it to my advantage because it gives me even more material to work with!
66.67%
12 66.67%
I usually will try and shoot down gimmicks, no sell attacks, etc... I'm more of a "handler vs handler" type of guy than a storyteller
5.56%
1 5.56%
I'll usually play along as long as it's not TOO over the top sci-fi or unrealistic bullshit. If it's over the top, but the person is good at making their influence felt IN SHOWS (not just RPs) I may be more likely to play along instead of crapping on the gimmick
22.22%
4 22.22%
I have a very specific outlook I'm describing in my reply below...
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please chime in and share your thoughts
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-22-2020, 01:33 PM

I have a question but I'm not sure how to ask it without giving too much away.

Basically I'm trying to get an idea of everyone's current stance on whether they are more likely to play along with (sell) something IC, versus who is more likely to cut down and dismiss something IC.

A couple random examples...

Let's say your character gets absolutely bludgeoned on a show by a sneak attack. To the point where anyone would expect to see hospital time after. Are you the type of writer who sells and plays off of that attack, even though you DIDN'T know it was coming and didn't pre-plan it with someone? Or, are you the type to act like it didn't happen, and perhaps even reply right in the results thread with an IC post as if you're completely unaffected?

Lets say you're booked against someone who has a gimmick like the original Kane or Undertaker. Obviously you never saw people making fun of them, but rather trying to overcome their power and overcome the fear and mystery they present in their gimmick. If a 1990's Undertaker type character was your opponent this week, would your RP be all about what a shitty gimmick he has and just make fun of it? Or would you know how to play along with such a story and feed off of the fear your character would IC be experiencing and trying to find ways to overcome in your RPs?

Hmmm... another variation. Let's say someone makes a character with a gimmick of an MMA fighter who came out of UFC (or wherever) but is obviously made up. Are you the type to go and post things from UFC and try to use "real life" against them, proving their character doesn't even exist at all? Or are you the type to play along and have your character who probably does NOT have the same MMA background, actually take the proper steps to prepare and sell the whole idea of this guy being a beast elsewhere and likely a very unique challenge here?

I hope I made that confusing enough to not give away what I'm not trying to give away. lol I would like the story tellers vs the story killers?(for lack of a better term) to officially make their stance known, so others with similar stances know who to stick with and possibly who to avoid, etc...

Anyone that doesn't answer will probably be assumed to be a story killer instead of story teller, I'm guessing. (I'm not the only person wondering this stuff and looking forward to the replies)

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Zane Norrison (04-23-2020)
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

04-22-2020, 01:38 PM

Even though I'm no longer active, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

It honestly depends. For example, former UFC/MMA fighter? Yeah, I'll sell that and talk about them as a legitimate threat. As well as someone who, in general, has a badass type of character or is just big in general.

Superhero/special powers & abilities? Nah, I'm gonna call that out and act like its special effects.

So I guess, for me, it specifically depends on the situation.

As for a backstage attack I didn't expect, I'd also sell that(as I did when Engy and company attacked me after a match, I used that as the premise of my following RP and felt it was decently done).

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-22-2020, 01:41 PM

(04-22-2020, 01:38 PM)BigD Said: Even though I'm no longer active, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

It honestly depends. For example, former UFC/MMA fighter? Yeah, I'll sell that and talk about them as a legitimate threat. As well as someone who, in general, has a badass type of character or is just big in general.

Superhero/special powers & abilities? Nah, I'm gonna call that out and act like its special effects.

As for a backstage attack I didn't expect, I'd also sell that(as I did when Engy and company attacked me after a match, I used that as the premise of my following RP and felt it was decently done).

Makes sense. So basically you'll sell the gimmicks that are a little more real. Can I ask where that line was drawn originally? Was there a wrestling company that did it that way or is this just your own take? Like, as a fan, were you always wishing guys like Taker and Kane, etc... would just have all their opponents make fun of them and talk about special effects?

Hate Post Like Post
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

04-22-2020, 01:44 PM

(04-22-2020, 01:41 PM)SUPER/Øshame/ShaneCarver.7z Said:
(04-22-2020, 01:38 PM)BigD Said: Even though I'm no longer active, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Makes sense. So basically you'll sell the gimmicks that are a little more real. Can I ask where that line was drawn originally? Was there a wrestling company that did it that way or is this just your own take? Like, as a fan, were you always wishing guys like Taker and Kane, etc... would just have all their opponents make fun of them and talk about special effects?

It's hard, because I honestly don't know. I definitely would say I, personally, prefer the more realistic gimmicks, but I also wouldn't necessarily hate on Kane or Undertaker. When you put it THAT way, I guess it makes me feel a bit more open to sell something, I think it just depends. On what, I don't know. Lol

I guess, again, it's more of a character thing for me. Like, Big D would respect Robert Main but shrug off Zane Norrison because zombies "aren't real." But at the same time, if D's going up the ramp and an opponent makes flames come out from the stage, I would want D to sell THAT.

1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion

pin
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like B.O.B. D's post:
(04-22-2020), Robert "The Omega" Main (04-24-2020)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

04-22-2020, 01:47 PM

Id sell a backstage attack but want revenge

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
(04-22-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-22-2020, 01:51 PM

(04-22-2020, 01:44 PM)BigD Said:
(04-22-2020, 01:41 PM)SUPER/Øshame/ShaneCarver.7z Said:

It's hard, because I honestly don't know. I definitely would say I, personally, prefer the more realistic gimmicks, but I also wouldn't necessarily hate on Kane or Undertaker. When you put it THAT way, I guess it makes me feel a bit more open to sell something, I think it just depends. On what, I don't know. Lol

I guess, again, it's more of a character thing for me. Like, Big D would respect Robert Main but shrug off Zane Norrison because zombies "aren't real." But at the same time, if D's going up the ramp and an opponent makes flames come out from the stage, I would want D to sell THAT.

Ah, so it may be fair to say that it depends on how far that handler TAKES their gimmick. If it's just freaky shit or crazy dominant shit in the RP, you know it never really extends into shows. If, however, the character is good about submitting segments and attacks and carrying that dominant, scary, super genius, whatever gimmick INTO the shows... you'll sell it rather than just ignore it.

I can get on board with that. I think it should matter how much effort is put in. How many others feel this way? If a handler takes their gimmick full force AND is good about sending things in for shows, you'll sell whatever it is instead of just try to kill their story?

Any other takes anyone has on this? Looking for all types of feedback from any side.

Hate Post Like Post
Chris Chaos Offline
Corporate Chaos

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-22-2020, 01:59 PM

For me, I have always liked realism. I have also had my character attacked many times without my knowledge before hand, LOL.

However....

A backstage attack? Sure, I'll sell it. Fuck, I'll pretty much sell anything if it could REALLY HAPPEN and still have my character participate. For example, a backstage attack, or hit by a car, or thrown through a window, or numerous crazy things within the ring, sure. I can have my character appear beaten/bruised in the next promo, vowing revenge.

What I see here sometimes that I don't like is the otherworldly shit (I know, it is some of ya'll cup of tea and I am not knocking it, its just not for me). For example:

If a character is shot, then stabbed, then lit on fire, then thrown off the top of a building 20 stories, then ran over by a steamroller and fed to piranha's then have to come back next week and promo like its all fine and dandy. I can't do that. Like if it would KILL your character, it just doesn't feel real to me and I can't justify a promo saying "YEAH! YOU LIT ME ON FIRE AND RIPPED MY HEAD OFF AND THEN SHIT DOWN MY NECK THEN PUT MY HEAD BACK ON, GOUGED MY EYES OUT AND CUT OFF MY PENIS........BUT IMA GET YOU NEXT TIME!" Ya feel me? Like, for me anyway, at the end of the day this is WRESTLING. It's not sci-fi. I understand some of you have sci-fi based characters and that's all fine and dandy with me, I am just saying I couldn't sell it because it takes the realism out of it for me.

Call me old-fashioned
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Chris Chaos's post:
(04-22-2020), B.O.B. D (04-22-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-22-2020, 02:03 PM

(04-22-2020, 01:59 PM)Chris Chaos Said: For me, I have always liked realism. I have also had my character attacked many times without my knowledge before hand, LOL.

However....

A backstage attack? Sure, I'll sell it. Fuck, I'll pretty much sell anything if it could REALLY HAPPEN and still have my character participate. For example, a backstage attack, or hit by a car, or thrown through a window, or numerous crazy things within the ring, sure. I can have my character appear beaten/bruised in the next promo, vowing revenge.

What I see here sometimes that I don't like is the otherworldly shit (I know, it is some of ya'll cup of tea and I am not knocking it, its just not for me). For example:

If a character is shot, then stabbed, then lit on fire, then thrown off the top of a building 20 stories, then ran over by a steamroller and fed to piranha's then have to come back next week and promo like its all fine and dandy. I can't do that. Like if it would KILL your character, it just doesn't feel real to me and I can't justify a promo saying "YEAH! YOU LIT ME ON FIRE AND RIPPED MY HEAD OFF AND THEN SHIT DOWN MY NECK THEN PUT MY HEAD BACK ON, GOUGED MY EYES OUT AND CUT OFF MY PENIS........BUT IMA GET YOU NEXT TIME!" Ya feel me? Like, for me anyway, at the end of the day this is WRESTLING. It's not sci-fi. I understand some of you have sci-fi based characters and that's all fine and dandy with me, I am just saying I couldn't sell it because it takes the realism out of it for me.

Call me old-fashioned

Ok, but let's say instead of someone doing all those things to your character that would no doubt kill him... he just cuts his ear off? Is that a problem? Could you sell that and role with it, because you easily could include how the issue is handled in your RPs? Does the ear get reattached? lol (I dunno, just wild off the top of my head example there)

I agree though, the attacks that would KILL a victim don't really make a lot of sense. I mean, as far as attacks, I'm asking about stuff that's fucking brutal but your char would IC be able to recover enough over the course of your next RPs that it's believable you COULD wrestle the following card you're booked in.

Hate Post Like Post
The Hired Gun Offline
THE CCWF Hired Gun

XWF FanBase:
Women and gay men

(physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes)

04-22-2020, 02:10 PM

I'd say it depends, in the federation I was in before here, you selling the other person was part of your rp grade. So basically you sold each other, you sold the match, and then you sold why you were going to win. Here it's always been more about tearing down each other, or at least that's how it has always seemed to me. So while I have sold beat downs here, to me the "gimmicks" have always been fair game and I always tore those to shreds in a heart beat. And I always got back as much as I gave so that just seemed like it was always the XWF environment.

pin
[Image: wmDljSa.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Hired Gun's post:
(04-22-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-22-2020, 02:16 PM

(04-22-2020, 02:10 PM)The Hired Gun Said: I'd say it depends, in the federation I was in before here, you selling the other person was part of your rp grade. So basically you sold each other, you sold the match, and then you sold why you were going to win. Here it's always been more about tearing down each other, or at least that's how it has always seemed to me. So while I have sold beat downs here, to me the "gimmicks" have always been fair game and I always tore those to shreds in a heart beat. And I always got back as much as I gave so that just seemed like it was always the XWF environment.

Yes, it is very much an XWF thing in my experience too, but it's always made me curious why that would be the go to. Most people I've talked to 1 on 1 about such things usually say they pretty much just went along with it, or that it's how it already was, etc... lol I have yet to find a person who can tell me they came up with it, or that they even have a great time doing it. It's usually just a case of rolling with punches, from what I can tell...? They get into a habit of rolling with it so much that it becomes the strategy even when the opponent doesn't RP that way, which in turn may convert that new person into doing it too as a defense, etc... etc...

Hate Post Like Post
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-22-2020, 02:23 PM

That’s fair. But how I approach things personally is when I RP against someone I pay no attention to their story. I concentrate on their trash and what happens on the shows. If they mention me during the story that’s the only time my ears perk up, because then you’ve made it a reality IC wise if that makes sense
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shawn Warstein's post:
(04-22-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-22-2020, 02:30 PM

(04-22-2020, 02:23 PM)Shawn Warstein Said: That’s fair. But how I approach things personally is when I RP against someone I pay no attention to their story. I concentrate on their trash and what happens on the shows. If they mention me during the story that’s the only time my ears perk up, because then you’ve made it a reality IC wise if that makes sense

This is an excellent point too. If my character is booked against someone doing all kinds of storytelling that in no way relates or even could cross over into the world of my character, why should my character care? My character would just go by what he has seen in match results, etc....

If, however, that story was obviously written in such a way that it's meant to grab my attention and make my char feel like a target, then I'd be a lot more likely to go all in and sell it WHILE trying to overcome it in my own storytelling/responses.

With having no reason to think I'd be affected or targeted, I'd probably do something like...
Shane: "If that giant monster of a man can punch holes through brick walls while thinking about stuff that has nothing to do with XWF, but he's losing in matches, fuck it.... I don't give a crap how many walls he can punch through. He's still a loser based on his last match!"

**^^ this IC response from me would also be assuming that person doesn't successfully carry their full gimmick and influence into results/shows (no segments, no attacks, no custom matches, etc...), which again would be why Shane might assume he will remain unscathed.

Hate Post Like Post
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

04-22-2020, 03:38 PM

(04-22-2020, 02:23 PM)Shawn Warstein Said: That’s fair. But how I approach things personally is when I RP against someone I pay no attention to their story. I concentrate on their trash and what happens on the shows. If they mention me during the story that’s the only time my ears perk up, because then you’ve made it a reality IC wise if that makes sense

This is where I'm at with it. What Centurion would know is what would be in front of a camera. So a supernatural time traveling demon running around feasting on souls? I likely would no sell it only because I'm not meant to SEE it. If it's on a show or in a promo or something like that, then I would react differently.

As far as attacks and all that? I generally roll with it. Hell, I had my thumb bit off in a match (thanks for that EDWARD) and it became part of Centurion's redemption angle. I'll sell anything if it's a good story.

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Centurion's post:
(04-22-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (04-23-2020)
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

04-22-2020, 05:08 PM

Centurion's comment about getting his finger bit off reminded me of some other stuff. I think a BIIIIIIIG part of alot of this stuff is consent. I know we don't HAVE to get someone's permission to attack them, but under certain circumstances(like losing a body part), I think the person's input is important. You're essentially changing their character by mutilating them, and I feel if someone would have a problem with that, it shouldn't be done. An attack is one thing(we ALL get beat up in our matches), dismemberment is a completely other thing.

It reminds me of another Fed I was in for like a week. They had a 24/7 Hardcore Championship. It wasn't like here where you attack, pin, and wait for a response; theirs was: you respond with a pin and automatically win the belt. After I won it the first time, someone replied and attacked me, along with pissing in my character's mouth. While that may be considered tame compared to other things, it really upset me to the point where I didn't wanna be apart of that Fed anymore.

My point is, we don't attack other people in our RPs(at least, without permission) and I feel the whole point of that needs to be remembered for other situations: it's THEIR character.

2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion

pin
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes B.O.B. D's post:
Atara Raven (04-22-2020)
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

(Physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes.)

04-22-2020, 05:21 PM

I'm more likely to sell it if it's discussed with me and that's as far as I'll go into it. I prefer anything involving my character to be discussed with me. It's courtesy among roleplayers/handlers everywhere and should be the first thing a person does before submitting a segment that involves highly sensitive subject matter.

I like continuity between stories, so no I won't dismiss aspects of your character even if they are unbelievable. I would very much like to include it in my post somehow so even the unbelievable ties into Atara's reality and makes sense.

Surprise Backstage attacks - They are self serving and discourteous, IMO, if they have no bearing on a matches results.

You want to cost someone a match, great, that's good enough reason to keep it secret. Cash Ins, secret.

Random attack to start or further a feud, probably best to discuss it. I prefer we discuss it.

Communication should happen first. You never know. That attack might could have been more and people are more likely to play along when they are included.

*edited because it seemed directed and hostile*

[Image: XV49e2j.png]

[Image: 8pr1Az7.png]
2×
[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: YLZBFO7.png]
2x Freestyle Champion
1× Federweight Champion
2× Heavymetalweight Champion

1x Fade 2 Black High Voltage Champion
1x Fight NYC! Brooklyn Champion
1x Fight NYC! Island Champion
#29 XWF Top 50 2021
AW Top 100 2021
#13 EFed Podcast Top 100 2022
#67 Efed Podcast Top 100 2021
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Atara Raven's post:
B.O.B. D (04-22-2020), Robert "The Omega" Main (04-23-2020)
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

04-22-2020, 05:29 PM

(04-22-2020, 05:21 PM)Atara Themis Said: I'm more likely to sell it it's discussed with me and that's as far as I'll go into it. I prefer anything involving my character to be discussed with me. It's courtesy among roleplayers/handlers everywhere and should be the first thing a person does before submitting a segment that involves highly sensitive subject matter.

I like continuity between stories, so no I won't dismiss aspects of your character even if they are unbelievable.

Just running around writing aimlessly writing backstage attacks to puff your own character without consulting anyone is honestly beyond cowardly, disrespectful, and also kills stories.

Bottom line, communication should happen first. You never know. That attack might could have been more and people are more likely to play along when they are included.

I agree 99%. Anything involving sensitive material should be agreed upon. That one percent is for the random attack to start an angle. Some people like the surprise of it. Personally you want to attack me? Go ahead, but just try to base it as close to reality as possible.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Shawn Warstein's post:
B.O.B. D (04-22-2020), Robert "The Omega" Main (04-23-2020)
Michael McBride Offline
Whiskey, Cigars and guns.

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

04-22-2020, 06:08 PM

I'll sell a backstage attack. I'll sell your gimmick and whatever else. To me. The XWF is not wwe or aew or even ecw. It is it's own Universe. I'm not gonna say that I person who I'm facing isn't who they are. If you're a vampire or a serial killer or some shit. You just happen to be a wrestler as well as all that. XWF isn't and never has been a realistic place since I've been here. We had a buried alive in shit match for the top prize. Which at the time was the Crown lol.

To me. If I don't sell your gimmick then in my eyes I'm pretty much saying you're character is worthless and I'm not about to do that to you. This place would be like any other cookie cutter fed out there if we didn't have the freedom to write what we want. So ya
I'll sell whatever to make a good story. If the story is good then we all benefit from it.

XWF Achievements
1x Hart Champion
2x Xtreme Champion
1x Television Champion
2x Tag Team Champion w/ Peter Gilmour-Purebred Killers
Quadruple Slam Champion
[Image: svR0kd1.png]
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-22-2020, 06:13 PM

(04-22-2020, 05:21 PM)Atara Themis Said: I'm more likely to sell it it's discussed with me and that's as far as I'll go into it. I prefer anything involving my character to be discussed with me. It's courtesy among roleplayers/handlers everywhere and should be the first thing a person does before submitting a segment that involves highly sensitive subject matter.

I like continuity between stories, so no I won't dismiss aspects of your character even if they are unbelievable.

Just running around writing aimlessly writing backstage attacks to puff your own character without consulting anyone is honestly beyond cowardly, disrespectful, and also kills stories.

Bottom line, communication should happen first. You never know. That attack might could have been more and people are more likely to play along when they are included.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying. It sounds like you're describing a system that's more angle or pre-planned across the board...?

The thing is, if you don't like things to happen to your character, there is a counter attack option. The only time to complain about an attack is if you sent in a counter attack the correct way but your counter got totally ignored despite matching the right criteria. Instead of utilizing that option, though, you're taking a stance BEYOND just no selling or shitting on something: You're attacking the handler for submitting attacks and you're calling them cowardly, disrespectful, and claiming IT is what kills stories? Can you give me an example of when somebody keeping their character active on a show somehow killed somebody's story? At what point does activity become cowardice? It's possible I'm misunderstanding you... but by your standards, the attack AND counter attack links all may as well just be removed from the site, correct? Am I understanding that right?

While I don't agree with what I think you're saying, I think you probably DO have the right to that stance based on the rules of the fed, and I personally don't think you should be forced into a position where you need to work with people who send in attacks on the fly and don't get pre-approval, etc, if you don't want to. That's part of the purpose of this thread, that people will have a better feel of who they'll run into possible issues with VS who they will have success working with, without walking on eggshells and without expecting to be attacked as a handler. In the end I would hope all the feedback in this thread would make the XWF a better "play pen" for us all as we have a clearer idea of peoples preferences. After all, we're all just hanging out playing with our action figures, and should all be able to have fun.

Hate Post Like Post
Shooter Syn Offline
Pew Pew Pewpewpew

XWF FanBase:
Very random

04-22-2020, 07:32 PM

Basically, use my as you see fit and long as you don't create backstory for me.

I'll roll with anything, you don't need to ask permission, but don't write my characters past, and don't kill me, or degrade me UNLESS it works in the confines of an angle.

I could take the pissing in the mouth thing is i'd been beaten to a bloody pulp, it fit the character doing it to me, and i was allowed a shot at retribution (even if i decided not to take it)

But you can make a story from anything. I love surprises and not knowing what might happen, and i love doing that for people too, to work with them on angles but throw unexpected cruveballs in there to keep it fun and interesting.

If they control your character and make them do something intentionally out of character, then you're using the character in bad faith.

Piss in my mouth, but don't make me piss in anyone's mouth, UNLESS you get my character and GENUINELY think it's something he'd do

I could elaborate more, but it's 4:30am and i have to start my wife's breakfast. she's early start Tongue
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Shooter Syn's post:
(04-22-2020), Robert "The Omega" Main (04-22-2020)
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

(Physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes.)

04-22-2020, 08:02 PM

If no one communicates to me that I am to be attacked how am I to know to submit a counter? I have actually asked this same question before so that I could counter.

And I wrote 'aimlessly running around doing backstage attacks'. It wasn't an attack on a particular person/s. Just a general statement expressing my opinion on someone who would use it as an excuse to gain 'story advantage over someone'. The segment option can be abused that way, and in that regard it's a dirty way to fluff your own characters.

Eg. Atara week in and week out inputs segment attacking Person A then uses segments as leverage. Person A was never consulted, Persona A has no tie to Atara, Person A in order to sell has to change and adapt their own story possibly ditching ideas with other people to play nice and cater to someone who never consulted them.

Or Persona A can no sell thus wasting all Atara's effort to be active in the community

Pretty much like you just said, it forces people to interact and do things they may not be comfortablle with or it forces them to have to be an ass and dismiss things.

I prefer it be discussed with me, but it's not in the rule so I bitch privately about it Smile and still try to play along.

2×

2x Freestyle Champion
1× Federweight Champion

#29 XWF Top 50 2021
AW Top 100 2021
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atara Raven's post:
(04-22-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-22-2020, 08:35 PM

(04-22-2020, 08:02 PM)Atara Themis Said: If no one communicates to me that I am to be attacked how am I to know to submit a counter? I have actually asked this same question before so that I could counter.

That's the trick of it. You don't know. A counter attack works when you correctly predict that an attack was coming and submit a counter of sorts. I'm pretty sure almost nobody uses them nowadays but it definitely can be fun when people do. Your counter can be more effective and brutal the more accurate you are in predicting the variables of who/when/where... but you should also be able to use a more vague counter to just kind of escape an attack if you weren't able to predict the specifics. At least this is how I remember it working. For example if you KNOW I'm going to attack you during your match, you can probably counter me pretty good and leave me laying. If, however, you just think you might get attacked at some point by some random person and all you want to do is have a strategy of trying to escape, there's a chance it would work even though it's vague, since you aren't dealing damage back to them. There's also a chance you could start getting attacked by them but make your escape (vague counter) before they finished whatever their attack segment was. If you're thinking "well I might have to send one in every week then"... yup, you're right. You'd have to. Countering something is a big deal, and you'd definitely need to submit them regularly to have them just happen to be in place when a surprise attack comes your way.

Can staff let me know if this still works this way for counters?

Quote:And I wrote 'aimlessly running around doing backstage attacks'. It wasn't an attack on a particular person/s. Just a general statement expressing my opinion on someone who would use it as an excuse to gain 'story advantage over someone'. The segment option can be abused that way, and in that regard it's a dirty way to fluff your own characters.

Eg. Atara week in and week out inputs segment attacking Person A then uses segments as leverage. Person A was never consulted, Persona A has no tie to Atara, Person A in order to sell has to change and adapt their own story possibly ditching ideas with other people to play nice and cater to someone who never consulted them.

I don't see your example as being aimless at all; I see it as a systematic series of attacks on a specific person, but I definitely see your point about how it could conflict with others. The best we can hope for is for people to respect your preference now that it's in the open. I personally wouldn't just attack your character out of the clear blue now that I know that.

Jumping around quotes out of order here, sorry...
(04-22-2020, 05:08 PM)BigD Said: Centurion's comment about getting his finger bit off reminded me of some other stuff. I think a BIIIIIIIG part of alot of this stuff is consent. I know we don't HAVE to get someone's permission to attack them, but under certain circumstances(like losing a body part), I think the person's input is important. You're essentially changing their character by mutilating them, and I feel if someone would have a problem with that, it shouldn't be done. An attack is one thing(we ALL get beat up in our matches), dismemberment is a completely other thing.

Not necessarily changing their character beyond giving them material to work with for a week or two where they find a way to tell a story that "fixes" the issue. I could see an ear or a finger being fair game, but I wouldn't think anything larger than that should be removed at random. lol Still though, with you having said this, now we all know to contact you if we want to remove anything from your character's body or cut them up severely, etc...

Quote:It reminds me of another Fed I was in for like a week. They had a 24/7 Hardcore Championship. It wasn't like here where you attack, pin, and wait for a response; theirs was: you respond with a pin and automatically win the belt. After I won it the first time, someone replied and attacked me, along with pissing in my character's mouth. While that may be considered tame compared to other things, it really upset me to the point where I didn't wanna be apart of that Fed anymore.

HAHAHA OMG. Well, don't worry... we don't ever do stuff like THAT around here. lmao Angel (pisses in your eye)

Hate Post Like Post
Shooter Syn Offline
Pew Pew Pewpewpew

XWF FanBase:
Very random

04-22-2020, 08:38 PM

I'd hope if a backstage attack was submitted then the mod would either

A) Reply back saying no, because the subject of the attack is currently in a feud and can't start a new one. Please PM them if you are familiar with their feud and would like to get involved. or

B ) Send a PM to the person saying "Managment have eyes and ears everywhere, we heard there's a backstage attack being planned on you, if you would like to counter then please submit your request or

C) Take where your character is within feuds, current level of on site activity, and whether a story would be great for you just now, and use common sense to let the attack go through.

At the end of the day there are 3 ways to attack, one is through the mod for results, (see above Tongue ), another is PM and discussing with you, which obviously means you have autonomy, and the last being an open attack on the boards IC forums. Where you should be able to reply with "/in" then respond, or simply "/out" in which you could attach an IC or OOC reason for not taking them up on the offer. And if you take that option then the attack is nullified and stricken from fed canon
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shooter Syn's post:
(04-22-2020)
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

04-22-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:That's the trick of it. You don't know. A counter attack works when you correctly predict that an attack was coming and submit a counter of sorts. I'm pretty sure almost nobody uses them nowadays but it definitely can be fun when people do. Your counter can be more effective and brutal the more accurate you are in predicting the variables of who/when/where... but you should also be able to use a more vague counter to just kind of escape an attack if you weren't able to predict the specifics. At least this is how I remember it working. For example if you KNOW I'm going to attack you during your match, you can probably counter me pretty good and leave me laying. If, however, you just think you might get attacked at some point by some random person and all you want to do is have a strategy of trying to escape, there's a chance it would work even though it's vague, since you aren't dealing damage back to them. There's also a chance you could start getting attacked by them but make your escape (vague counter) before they finished whatever their attack segment was. If you're thinking "well I might have to send one in every week then"... yup, you're right. You'd have to. Countering something is a big deal, and you'd definitely need to submit them regularly to have them just happen to be in place when a surprise attack comes your way.

Can staff let me know if this still works this way for counters?

The option actually makes more sense now if this is the case. Thanks a million Smile

2×

2x Freestyle Champion
1× Federweight Champion

#29 XWF Top 50 2021
AW Top 100 2021
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atara Raven's post:
(04-22-2020)
Michael McBride Offline
Whiskey, Cigars and guns.

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

04-22-2020, 08:44 PM

We used to have this thing you could buy with your xbux that counters attacks for you but there was also a counter to that counter if I remember right. Point is. You're not supposed to know you get attack, that's the whole idea of a surprise attack. I've been attacked a few times and sold it. You know what I did? Attacked them back. So even if you don't counter it. You can always get your revenge and that's all that matters.

XWF Achievements
1x Hart Champion
2x Xtreme Champion
1x Television Champion
2x Tag Team Champion w/ Peter Gilmour-Purebred Killers
Quadruple Slam Champion
[Image: svR0kd1.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael McBride's post:
(04-22-2020)
Shooter Syn Offline
Pew Pew Pewpewpew

XWF FanBase:
Very random

04-22-2020, 08:46 PM

PS. Shane, this is a REALLY good topic of conversation and has opened up a lot of discourse. Plus it's really good to see al lthese different points of view. Good stuff man.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Shooter Syn's post:
(04-22-2020), Robert "The Omega" Main (04-23-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-22-2020, 08:49 PM

(04-22-2020, 08:38 PM)Shooter Syn Said: I'd hope if a backstage attack was submitted then the mod would either

A) Reply back saying no, because the subject of the attack is currently in a feud and can't start a new one. Please PM them if you are familiar with their feud and would like to get involved. or

B ) Send a PM to the person saying "Managment have eyes and ears everywhere, we heard there's a backstage attack being planned on you, if you would like to counter then please submit your request or

C) Take where your character is within feuds, current level of on site activity, and whether a story would be great for you just now, and use common sense to let the attack go through.

At the end of the day there are 3 ways to attack, one is through the mod for results, (see above Tongue ), another is PM and discussing with you, which obviously means you have autonomy, and the last being an open attack on the boards IC forums. Where you should be able to reply with "/in" then respond, or simply "/out" in which you could attach an IC or OOC reason for not taking them up on the offer. And if you take that option then the attack is nullified and stricken from fed canon

Having been on the staff and having run many shows, a system requiring staff intervention and/or verification would be tricky and likely very flawed, while also causing delays. I feel it's more up to us as the players to have a feel for who's who, etc... If the staff has to keep track of it and cross check a database for attacks or anything like that, it'll just get messy. Not a knock on staff, but rather just something I'm aware of from my own past experiences in similar spots. Option C, however, sounds interesting if there's a safeguard to not let the potential attacker waste work by submitting an attack that could get vetoed by the other party?

Hate Post Like Post
Calvary Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

04-22-2020, 09:46 PM

This is a fascinating subject matter.

For me, I think it's important for characters to show attacks and possibly react/respond to them in RPs. Now, it could be intentional of the character to ignore the actions, but I would feel remiss if they were treated as if they had just never happened. That being said, I feel like attacks are all fine as long as the attack isn't forcing someone else's character to do something they might otherwise not do. Like Syn said earlier, piss in my mouth but don't make me piss in yours.

As far as reacting to character's gimmicks, I think that's a case by case matter. It definitely depends on the wrestler, but calling out things like super powers or monsters as just hoaky light tricks... well it's lazy in my opinion. Could you imagine Steve Austin just coming out and saying Kane is some dude named Glen wearing a Jason mask? It kills the illusion of wrestling and also... just doesn't read as very strong smack talk imo. It would read much stronger if you were to acknowledge the power of an individual like that and discuss the flaws that you would exploit. I mean everything/everyone has a flaw to exploit. Even going into the records on the shows as an example is a strong case to make if nothing else.

Very interested to see what others come up with for this, but I have liked reading everyone's responses.
Hate Post Like Post
Robert "The Omega" Main Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

04-23-2020, 12:01 AM

So, if my character is attacked and takes a physical beating, I’ll use it and play along with the angle if it isn’t something so out of this world that would never happen. (I.E. getting shot in the head etc.) It gives me more to write about and adds layers to the angle and my RP cycle. It’s a double-edged sword though and can be used against you as well. It also gives matches writers much more to play with while writing a match, if they choose to do so they could tell a story through commentary adding another layer altogether. Attacking or being attacked in my eyes doesn’t kill stories, it creates them. It isn’t disrespectful in any way. Adding some sneak attacks adds deviousness and gives the one attacked the opportunity to be a hero and come out on top. Like Shane said you have the option to counter-attack if you suspect one is coming. As everyone knows I love to tell a good story and in those stories, lots of things have happened. In an attack or segment, you can’t just do what you want with someone’s character. It’s a respect thing. I believe more of us should work together to have better angles/ segments. But when it comes to the RP’s that’s self-explanatory, the best writer wins.

Now as far as gimmicks go. I never have tried to go off how someone looks and attack them (clothing, hair etc.) that’s sticks and stones and honestly boring. “You look like a cheap whatever” isn’t witty or trash talk. You say you are a demon, then that’s who you are. I like to read their story and try to play along as much as I can. Undertaker, for example, depending on which version of Robert we are talking about I would play it a few ways. Acting unafraid but telling a story that says otherwise is very appealing to me. Acknowledging everything about the dead man and his demonly powers is a cool story to tell. If Undertaker was my opponent there would be no talk of a shit gimmick. I’d have Robert looking over his shoulder feeling the Undertaker’s breath on his neck. Telling a story of fear and trauma, then finding the courage to stand up and fight. Playing along is part of the fun and makes you think outside of the box, which makes you a better writer. I go over an opponent’s story with a fine-tooth comb and try to combat their story with a better one of my own. To me, it's not just about who has better trash talk. Story - vs - story and then trash talk - vs - trash talk.

In the world of XWF, I try to do one thing, keep the real world out. I’ll never mention a “real” wrestling federation AEW, WWE, TNA, ROH etc. I’ll also never mention “real” wrestlers. I go off what is here in the XWF as reality to Robert. This place is its own universe as Mcbride touched on. If a character is a zombie, MMA fighter, or anything else then they are just that, I’d never try to prove their character doesn’t exist. A lot of characters here do not have MMA backgrounds, so what I would do is go into the match trying to prepare for an MMA fighter and “if” Robert won have him cheat. Say the MMA fighter gets Robert in a triangle choke for instance. Robert is about to pass out and begins pushing forward placing the MMA fighter shoulders to the canvas and the ref counts to three. The bell rings and Robert’s out cold. Or use a pair of brass knuckles from the tights. Again, I’m always for selling the gimmick or idea another writer has. But communication is key for these stories/ angles to mover forward and is something we all should get better at going forward.

So, I’m a Story teller not a story killer. If anyone wants to work a program with Chris Page, or I please contact either of us and we can go over a plethora of ideas and start something up.

Former:
[Image: 6x9xFnQ.png]
[Image: nLYNvyj.png] x2
[Image: fMJwa5h.png] x2
[Image: WPoUWuI.png]

Longest Reigning Tag Team Champions in modern history. W- Drew Archyle & James Raven
Longest Reigning Hart Champion in modern history:280 days
2nd longest reigning Universal Champion :269 days
Tag Team Champions W- "Chronic" Chris Page as Cataclysm
Trio's Champion W- AX3
2020 May Superstar Of The Month
Winning Team Wargames 2020
Winning Team War Games 2019 W- APEX PROPHECY
2019 Feud of the year W- "Chronic" Chris Page
2019 Tag Team of the Year W- Drew Archyle & James Raven as APEX
Roleplay of the Month February 2019 "Junkyard Dog"
Leap Of Faith Winner 2018
July 2018 Superstar Of The Month
December 2018 Superstar Of The Month
December 2017 Superstar Of The Month
Winning Team War Games 2017 W- APEX
Mr. 24/7
[Image: Qfgvjya.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robert "The Omega" Main's post:
Atara Raven (04-23-2020)
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

04-23-2020, 01:30 AM

Edited my initial post. Less hostile and better clarified my stance.

2×

2x Freestyle Champion
1× Federweight Champion

#29 XWF Top 50 2021
AW Top 100 2021
Hate Post Like Post
Vita Frickin Valenteen Offline
Vicious Frickin Vampire

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-23-2020, 05:51 AM

I'll play along with most anything.

Attacks - I do enjoy the surprise aspect of attacks and usually don't want to be involved/have knowledge of them prior to them happening. There are exceptions, like if it's a big brawl angle or something, but if it's just an attack, keep me in the dark if you can.

Selling a gimmick - I prefer to sell the gimmick. An exception is if the character themselves doesn't believe it. As an example, Vita did not believe in the supernatural when I first brought her here because it felt only natural for a fresh-faced teenage girl just entering the business to not buy into all of that, but as she began to interact with these people she started to become more open-minded.

Something that I have been thinking about recently is that characters that have special powers/skills should add special moves to their movesets where they can show off those powers in matches.

Obviously I don't think anyone wants matches full of people flying around and shooting laser beams out of their eyes and stuff, but if used sparingly it works and doesn't turn the matches into a sci-fi fest.

Think Undertaker teleporting out of the grave at Wrestlemania this year.

At the same time, if you are making a character with powers, you should probably think those powers through a little.

If you are indestructible, why are wrestling moves from regular mortals hurting you?

If you have super strength, speed, or whatever, how is it that you are losing matches?

If you can fly, why aren't you winning every battle royal we do?

I've been thinking that maybe a stamina system just for super moves would work.

This thread is very helpful though as far as knowing who to and not to work with without talking to them first.

For anyone who doesn't know, I was the one who wrote EDWARD biting off Cents finger. I didn't really think anything of it at the time. I was looking to add some spice to Cents story and I thought the idea of it was fun. It also gave us that segment where Cent was able to show his dark side which I thought was pretty cool, so cool that I sold that dark side right into a career-ending disability for EDWARD lol. It seems to be personal preference here, but that's what I like about efeds. Instead of planning out every move that I want to make, I just react to events as the character would. It helps take our stories places that we probably wouldn't have thought to go prior to. Most of what I do is reactionary. As a matter of fact, I can say that everything that I am doing right now with my characters has been based off of a reaction of what others are doing.

[Image: VVbatlogosm.png]

1x Anarchy Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
1x Lord Of Violence (March 2022)
2x Tag Team Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
3x Heavy Metalweight Champion
1x Federweight Champion
24/7 Briefcase Winner - March 2019
2019 Tweener Of The Year

Match History
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vita Frickin Valenteen's post:
Shooter Syn (04-23-2020)
Vita Frickin Valenteen Offline
Vicious Frickin Vampire

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-23-2020, 06:04 AM

(04-22-2020, 05:21 PM)Atara Themis Said: Surprise Backstage attacks - They are self serving and discourteous, IMO, if they have no bearing on a matches results.

You want to cost someone a match, great, that's good enough reason to keep it secret. Cash Ins, secret.

Random attack to start or further a feud, probably best to discuss it. I prefer we discuss it.

I can agree with that in most cases. There are always exceptions though.

Say we spend months building VV and Atara as friends and maybe even eventually a tag team. Then we get a title shot, but instead of trying for the belt, Atara attacks VV in the opening moments and leaves her for dead as our monstrous champions move in to finish the job? That would make a great surprise in the results and set up a feud. At the same time, I would likely have OOC bad feels because a title shot was thrown away for a sneak attack. However, knowing how to use those bad feels to drive your RPs against that character. The trick is to try and not take things like that to heart and allow them to develop into bad feels towards a handler instead of a character.

[Image: VVbatlogosm.png]

1x Anarchy Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
1x Lord Of Violence (March 2022)
2x Tag Team Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
3x Heavy Metalweight Champion
1x Federweight Champion
24/7 Briefcase Winner - March 2019
2019 Tweener Of The Year

Match History
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vita Frickin Valenteen's post:
Atara Raven (04-23-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-23-2020, 08:26 AM

We still have attacks and counters... TBH I don't really know why people stopped using them as much. It may be as simple as others not selling the outcomes as much as they wanted.

Obviously it's hard to address attacks on people who have matches later in the show - we usually have several people writing matches, so if they don't know about the attack or it comes in after the match is written, there may not be any indication.

I've always looked at those attacks as kind of irrelevant, just story building elements. They don't have an impact on anything as far as match outcomes, etc.

Most people just do segs like a shoot promo. Not much in the way of "attacks" anymore.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-23-2020, 08:26 AM

Also LOL at Gilly selling.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(04-23-2020), Peter Fn Gilmour (04-23-2020), Zane Norrison (04-23-2020)
Zane Norrison Offline
The Post-Mortem Punk

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

04-23-2020, 10:28 AM

I try to be open minded about story ideas, to an extent. There are lines that I won't cross but it's gotta be something really fucked up. Like... REALLY! FUCKED UP! Shit that if you actually witnessed or encountered it, you might feel somewhat, mentally scarred afterwards. Stuff that makes you wonder what the writer does, when they aren't rping and if you haven't been talking to some kind of potential, real life, serial killer? See? So that's an intense level, right there. Which thankfully doesn't go down here.

I'm also not a huge fan of pre-determined matches, done for the story aspect or angling. What I like better is random attacks (in ring during a match or wherever, is fine by me) to work off of and build upon.

I'll go along with whatever the character might be too, obviously I have no opposition against strange or unusual stuff but really it could be anything. Whether you're controlling bigfoot, twin demogorgons, a super-realistic, former UFC champion or just a dude working in a barber shop, it's all the same in my book. If you can be creative, capture attention and keep my interest, then I'm all for whatever you want to be in this make-believe land of wrestling. I'll go along with the character regardless but I'm just saying... if you can write the story aspect creatively, it will inspire me to read it and therefore, go that extra mile or take an added step to include everything. When it comes to thoughts and opinions, based on the wrestler and how he/she carries him/herself, through life.

I know Zane's character comes off as very far-fetched but there are ways that I do try to keep him grounded, in the sense that I attempt to write as though, it is a zombie striving to survive and get by in the real world. The issues, drama and internal struggles that he might face; day-to-day, if he wanted to exist as a part of society and not get hauled off by the government and experimented on by a team of scientists. Or hunted down and killed by anyone. He wants to fit in and wishes he could be normal but there's things he must do and endure that prevents that sometimes. Still he tries. And I truly think, he has had quite a bit of character growth, during his time in the XWF.

Also, the rather unrealistic, supernatural qualities and abilities that he does possess, have occurred within fights and segments. Although truthfully, I probably could send in more segments, I don't really do that as often as I should. Anyhow, from his debut match, to now, there have been multiple occurrences, speckled throughout his career. So him being a zombie isn't something that is solely featured, within his rps. But it still seems to be a "go-to" to say he's relying on make up and special effects. Or he's lying... or crazy, basically anything to denounce his legitimacy.

After all this time too, lol. And so much "in show" evidence. Still, to this day, it happens. For me, from my own, personal perspective, I think it's kinda funny. When I come across it, I don't roll my eyes, get offended or become annoyed, I laugh.

I do respect everyone's opinions in regards to this topic, so I hope that doesn't offend cause that was not my intentions, at all. Just thought I'd share, since Zane was used as an example. So maybe you all can see things from my point of view and hopefully understand the character and how I do things, a tad better.

[Image: hZM7vS3.jpg]

1x X-Treme Champ
1x Hart Champion
1x SOTM November 2018
Hate Post Like Post
Zane Norrison Offline
The Post-Mortem Punk

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

04-23-2020, 10:48 AM

(04-23-2020, 08:26 AM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: Most people just do segs like a shoot promo. Not much in the way of "attacks" anymore.

All my future segments, will be interpretive dance, set to jazz fusion. Jk! Or am I?

1x X-Treme Champ
1x Hart Champion
1x SOTM November 2018
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zane Norrison's post:
Shooter Syn (04-23-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-23-2020, 01:07 PM

Definitely liking where this is going. I appreciate all the feedback and, possibly JUST as important, the answers in the POLL.

If you haven't answered in the Poll, please do so.

I know for me personally, in the future I will be checking that poll before I possibly execute an action that may result in unfavorable ramifications if done to/with the wrong person. If I see somebody's cool with anything, guess what? You may have some fun surprises coming your way in the future. Wink Likewise, if it's someone who wishes to be more involved, you may be getting some pitches for ideas in the future. Hopefully everyone uses it this way as it would both minimize awkward OOC situations AND increase activity for everyone of all preferences.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Shooter Syn (04-23-2020), Zane Norrison (04-23-2020)
Zane Norrison Offline
The Post-Mortem Punk

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

04-23-2020, 02:25 PM

IC - "Surprises? That are fun too? Like surprise Zane, here's a remote control helicopter and a box of chocolates, that include a delicious morsel of brain matter, in each and every one? Oh wow! You're the best, Shane!"

OOC - Yeah, that's cool, I'm down with whatever.

1x X-Treme Champ
1x Hart Champion
1x SOTM November 2018
Hate Post Like Post