Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-03-2024, 02:59 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Six Xtreme Title Defenses for a Briefcase?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Six Defenses Makes Sense
82.35%
14 82.35%
Shut Up, Tony
17.65%
3 17.65%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Treme Title Reform: Six Defenses for the Case?
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-23-2013, 01:42 PM

(12-23-2013, 01:29 PM)Theo Pryce Said: Well now that I got the ball rolling with this I will leave it for someone else to pick up and run with. Shane is right, the title is a joke but someone with the right mindset and attitude can make it great, I look forward to seeing someone do it. I have a few people in mind who I think can do it and do it right.

The trick is it would need to be a top tier player but also somebody with constant availability, AND a desire to spend much of that available time on XWF. It would take an x-treme maniac through and through, brother!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-23-2013, 01:47 PM

I also see it as someone who people might see as mid level talent taking this and running with it to the point where they change everyone's views on them. They go from a bottom of the line up type guy to the heart of the order, to use a baseball analogy.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
(12-23-2013)
Steve "KingSlayer" Davids Offline
Steve Davids

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

12-23-2013, 02:05 PM

On a side note, does this ban effect my match with Gilmour in a couple of weeks?

[Image: Gtfmgih.jpg]

3x Xtreme Champion
1x Briefcase Holder
1x Television Champion
1x Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-23-2013, 02:10 PM

iAm one of those that vowed to change it, and failed, lol... Won it (sorta), said I'd change its image, lost it two days later in a tournament for a different title... ol' WW, always out to get the Duke...
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul Heyman's post:
Wallace Witasick (12-23-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-23-2013, 02:34 PM

Two points I want to hit on real quick.

(12-23-2013, 09:56 AM)The Baked Potato Said: What's interesting to me is how this can happen silently behind the scenes and nobody else pick up on it, but when Peter Gilmour has already had successful title defenses since winning the belt, these concerns are suddenly brought into the light.

It's not about Gilmour, in fact we brought up in Skype how Mr. Radio had the same situation going on. With Gilmour it might have been more obvious because it seemed like he was trying to avoid commitments and talked about how he would intentionally no-show if he got an opponent he didn't like. Those convos all went down OOC on Skype.

Quote:Think about it... how hard is it to maintain a life but also make sure 12 hours NEVER pass without you getting online and kicking out of a possible pin? That in itself means the person must really be glued to our site, and we LIKE that sort of thing! That's actually the reason I originally decided the x-treme title should have the briefcase option... it means that person must be a complete XWF maniac to successfully kick out of every pin in less than 12 hours for 6 weeks.

Surprisingly it's not as difficult as it would have been, say 10 years ago.. How many of us have cell phones with decent internet access? I'm not saying it's easy for everyone because certain, serious situations to pop up in real life, but those are situations that could also take out someone from RPing which is an entirely different case.

Gonna keep reading, this thread got pretty lengthy.
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-23-2013, 02:57 PM

Others could have noticed the Radio situation but I just mean nothing got brought to my attention or posted on the boards about it to any extent, which to me is very different than what was happening lately. One situation I handled silently behind the scenes with nobody else going out of their way to point me in the direction of it, and the other situation has blown up into a fed wide concern due to the nature of the title holder's actions OOC. Then that OOC air transfers over into the xtreme title rules being looked at as possible problems.

Gilmour's OOC actions accomplished 2 things... They got him banned and they drew attention to the xtreme title rules being less than perfect. I might make some revisions when I implement the new "submission" attempts for that title but there's nothing currently so wrong with the x-treme title scene that it needs to be addressed by a drastic, immediate rule change. The title is constantly on the line and we don't let people just take off for 3 to 6 weeks just so they can get an easy briefcase. Even in tag situations and multi-person situations, if the champ gets pinned they lose the title.

People are worried about someone repeatedly backing out of matches to delay until they can get a briefcase, but rest assured we'd SEE that happening and if somebody skated along for weeks while just dodging matches, management such as myself would step in and that person would need to jump through additional hoops before winning any briefcases.

Please everyone have faith that we'd catch things like that even if there's not a series of rules printed out that directly address them in advance. There are a lot of things I look at that aren't necessarily printed out in the rules. Let's say somebody wrote a computer script that could automatically reply to pin attempts with an instant kickout... I'd be able to figure this out and I'd see the patters very clearly. Once I confirmed this was a person kicking out out automatically, I'd come up with some new inconvenience for them to make their path much harder. There doesn't need to be a "don't make kickout bots" rule on the site for me to take action against it. I'm fun like that.

Hate Post Like Post
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-23-2013, 03:03 PM

(12-23-2013, 02:57 PM)The Baked Potato Said: Others could have noticed the Radio situation but I just mean nothing got brought to my attention or posted on the boards about it to any extent, which to me is very different than what was happening lately. One situation I handled silently behind the scenes with nobody else going out of their way to point me in the direction of it, and the other situation has blown up into a fed wide concern due to the nature of the title holder's actions OOC. Then that OOC air transfers over into the xtreme title rules being looked at as possible problems.

Gilmour's OOC actions accomplished 2 things... They got him banned and they drew attention to the xtreme title rules being less than perfect. I might make some revisions when I implement the new "submission" attempts for that title but there's nothing currently so wrong with the x-treme title scene that it needs to be addressed by a drastic, immediate rule change. The title is constantly on the line and we don't let people just take off for 3 to 6 weeks just so they can get an easy briefcase. Even in tag situations and multi-person situations, if the champ gets pinned they lose the title.

People are worried about someone repeatedly backing out of matches to delay until they can get a briefcase, but rest assured we'd SEE that happening and if somebody skated along for weeks while just dodging matches, management such as myself would step in and that person would need to jump through additional hoops before winning any briefcases.

Please everyone have faith that we'd catch things like that even if there's not a series of rules printed out that directly address them in advance. There are a lot of things I look at that aren't necessarily printed out in the rules. Let's say somebody wrote a computer script that could automatically reply to pin attempts with an instant kickout... I'd be able to figure this out and I'd see the patters very clearly. Once I confirmed this was a person kicking out out automatically, I'd come up with some new inconvenience for them to make their path much harder. There doesn't need to be a "don't make kickout bots" rule on the site for me to take action against it. I'm fun like that.

Sorry dude. Didn't mean to behind your back or anything. We just stirred up some momentum behind it all so I thought putting a poll up to get people's thoughts would be good.

I just feel like this setup would be better than the "pin, kick out" bit that currently occurs without any real effort needing to take place, especially when a briefcase is the end goal. A 250 word max RP wouldn't be tough to drum up, and hell, we could make it so the champ has two or three days to respond instead of one. Then, they'd have plenty of time and we could see some entertaining side matches.

For me, this had nothing to do with Gilmour. I'd been thinking about this for a while, since it feels like a wasted title that could have so much potential.

September 2013 and May 2019 Star of the Month
1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

[Image: VIh61T5.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-23-2013, 03:29 PM

I've often considered forcing some kind of rule to make pins AND kickouts more entertaining for us all. Maybe a word limit on pins and kickouts could be added but to me I agree that has nothing to do with Gilmour. I'm pretty sure he'd still do the same crazyass kickouts he is known for. What irks me sometimes is when a champ will ALWAYS reply with just "kickout" and nothing more. I believe pins should be exciting to read and I believe the kickouts should be just as fun. Something like this might get added along with the new submission idea. Maybe we'll roll it all out for the new year. I'm all for being more entertained by what I see on the 24/7 boards.

Hate Post Like Post
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-25-2013, 04:51 AM

Just to throw one last thing in the mix here that I would like to say.

I don't believe that the Xtreme Champion should be allowed to make 'non' title matches during his reign as champion. In Gilmour's case with Fatback it made more sense due to storyline purposes, seeing as the Fatback character was going to cease to exist after the match anyways. (Although I wish he would stay because I haven't laughed that hard at a week of rps since the HOGM days!). I'm totally game for anything if there is a story behind it. Otherwise though, I think that if the champion is in a match there should always be the possibility he could lose the title, somewhat reinforcing the 24/7 aspect of it. Not sure where this would fit in on the House Show aspect, but it's something to think about.

I don't believe we've ever touched on both these aspects of the title yet to my knowledge, or I got high and forgot which is definitely possible.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wallace Witasick's post:
Theo Pryce (12-25-2013)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-25-2013, 06:53 AM

We definitely don't give the champion the right to make a match non-title. It would need to be special circumstances where all parties (champ/challengers/gm) agreed to turn off the 24/7 rules for a special match. Other than that, like with the Fatback situation, that title is able to be lost ANY time the champion themself is pinned.

House shows would probably never have any title on the line unless it were specially requested by all parties including the champ.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Wallace Witasick (12-25-2013)