Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-03-2024, 03:35 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Six Xtreme Title Defenses for a Briefcase?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Six Defenses Makes Sense
82.35%
14 82.35%
Shut Up, Tony
17.65%
3 17.65%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Treme Title Reform: Six Defenses for the Case?
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 06:02 PM

Ladies and gentlemen. Sure, this has to be approved by management, but I want to know what you think. We on the Skype chat have agreed to a six defense qualifier for receiving a 24/7 briefcase. So what do you think? How about turning the Xtreme Title in to something that actually matters? You win the title, and you defend the belt against random challengers throughout the weeks/on actual XWF events. You win six in a row, you get the case. Fair?

September 2013 and May 2019 Star of the Month
1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

[Image: VIh61T5.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-22-2013, 06:05 PM

And of course the 6 defenses are picked by the GM's like all other titles are. So the holder can't just say no to certain members and yes to others. That's what defending it during the week on the boards is about.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
Tony Santos (12-22-2013)
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 06:10 PM

(12-22-2013, 06:05 PM)Theo Pryce Said: And of course the 6 defenses are picked by the GM's like all other titles are. So the holder can't just say no to certain members and yes to others. That's what defending it during the week on the boards is about.

GMs would probably still take into effect anyone who challenges for the belt and the match is accepted. By all means we still would welcome anyone to challenge the champion to a match for a chance at the title... We may make it some kind of a triple threat if we felt someone else deserved a chance as well. We always welcome challengers Wink Just to clarify on that in case someone was wondering.
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-22-2013, 06:11 PM

(12-22-2013, 06:10 PM)Wallace Witasick Said:
(12-22-2013, 06:05 PM)Theo Pryce Said: And of course the 6 defenses are picked by the GM's like all other titles are. So the holder can't just say no to certain members and yes to others. That's what defending it during the week on the boards is about.

GMs would probably still take into effect anyone who challenges for the belt and the match is accepted. By all means we still would welcome anyone to challenge the champion to a match for a chance at the title... Just to clarify on that in case someone was wondering.

True that, I may have botched the wording on that a bit. Didn't mean to make it sound like you can't work out something but it shouldn't be the sole deciding factor.

Hate Post Like Post
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 06:14 PM

(12-22-2013, 06:11 PM)Theo Pryce Said:
(12-22-2013, 06:10 PM)Wallace Witasick Said:

GMs would probably still take into effect anyone who challenges for the belt and the match is accepted. By all means we still would welcome anyone to challenge the champion to a match for a chance at the title... Just to clarify on that in case someone was wondering.

True that, I may have botched the wording on that a bit. Didn't mean to make it sound like you can't work out something but it shouldn't be the sole deciding factor.

Yeah I went back to edit my post to also include the possibility of a triple threat and/or more competitors. For the record I approve of the 6 title defense idea. Whoever came up with that is a damn genius!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wallace Witasick's post:
(12-22-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 06:35 PM

For those of you who don't understand, The X-Treme Title currently gives the title holder:

A US or Tag Title shot after 2 weeks.
A 24/7 briefcase after 6 weeks.

So often times there could be someone who defends the title 6 times in a month and comes up short on the fifth week. Meanwhile, someone else could get away with three defenses in six weeks and not put in as much work as the other person.

I suppose the two weeks rule could remain in place unless people have a better idea for that. I don't think it will matter since people will likely be defending two weeks into it anyway. On top of that, most people prefer to wait it out than cash in their two week title shot since they run the risk of losing their X-Treme title and brief case progress.

Basically this will allow the champ to either spread out their reign and slowly get to the 6 defense mark or to power out 6 wins and claim the prize really quick.

It's a simple fix but changes things for the best, I think.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
(12-23-2013), Theo Pryce (12-22-2013), Wallace Witasick (12-22-2013)
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 06:38 PM

(12-22-2013, 06:35 PM)John Madison Said: For those of you who don't understand, The X-Treme Title currently gives the title holder:

So often times there could be someone who defends the title 6 times in a month and comes up short on the fifth week. Meanwhile, someone else could get away with three defenses in six weeks and not put in as much work as the other person.

I suppose the two weeks rule could remain in place unless people have a better idea for that. I don't think it will matter since people will likely be defending two weeks into it anyway. On top of that, most people prefer to wait it out than cash in their two week title shot since they run the risk of losing their X-Treme title and brief case progress.

Basically this will allow the champ to either spread out their reign and slowly get to the 6 defense mark or to power out 6 wins and claim the prize really quick.

3 defenses = US or Tag title shot

Half way to the briefcase perhaps?
Hate Post Like Post
Smoke Away
://location_unknown---

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

12-22-2013, 06:41 PM

I think the main problem is making things complex. How would you explain this to a new person, for example?

[Image: logosmoke_zpsfca57577.png]

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
4x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 06:41 PM

Yeah, that would be good too. Keep it optional still though.
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 06:42 PM

(12-22-2013, 06:41 PM)Smoke Man Said: I think the main problem is making things complex. How would you explain this to a new person, for example?

All we want to change is "weeks" to "defenses." I think it will be easy to understand.
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(12-22-2013, 06:38 PM)Wallace Witasick Said:
(12-22-2013, 06:35 PM)John Madison Said: For those of you who don't understand, The X-Treme Title currently gives the title holder:

Seconded.

Hate Post Like Post
Smoke Away
://location_unknown---

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

(12-22-2013, 06:42 PM)Theo Pryce Said:

Seconded.

Thirdeded.

[Image: logosmoke_zpsfca57577.png]

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
4x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Hate Post Like Post
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 06:44 PM

(12-22-2013, 06:41 PM)Smoke Man Said: I think the main problem is making things complex. How would you explain this to a new person, for example?

Personally I think it would be easier to explain a numerical value of defenses then the 'weekly' ordeal anyways.
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce (12-22-2013)
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 06:46 PM

(12-22-2013, 06:44 PM)Wallace Witasick Said:

Personally I think it would be easier to explain a numerical value of defenses then the 'weekly' ordeal anyways.

We could even keep some sort of counter on the main site. Hell, that might encourage people to want to go after the champ, making it that much more contested.

1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

12-22-2013, 06:48 PM

(12-22-2013, 06:44 PM)Wallace Witasick Said:

Quoted for truth.

Hate Post Like Post
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 06:51 PM

(12-22-2013, 06:49 PM)Michael McBride Said:

I forth that xD

I do like that, as long as you forfeit your right to the rest of the conquest. You go for the US/Euro Title/Tag Titles, you get no shot at the briefcase.

1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tony Santos's post:
Theo Pryce (12-22-2013)
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 06:54 PM

(12-22-2013, 06:51 PM)Tony Santos Said:
(12-22-2013, 06:49 PM)Michael McBride Said:
(12-22-2013, 06:38 PM)Wallace Witasick Said: 3 defenses = US or Tag title shot

I forth that xD

I do like that, as long as you forfeit your right to the rest of the conquest. You go for the US/Euro Title/Tag Titles, you get no shot at the briefcase.

Kind of makes it interesting if you want to take the 3 defenses shot or gamble and go for the full 6 to get the briefcase.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Wallace Witasick's post:
Theo Pryce (12-22-2013), Tony Santos (12-22-2013)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

12-22-2013, 06:56 PM

(12-22-2013, 06:54 PM)Wallace Witasick Said:
(12-22-2013, 06:51 PM)Tony Santos Said:
(12-22-2013, 06:49 PM)Michael McBride Said: I forth that xD

Kind of makes it interesting if you want to take the 3 weeks shot or gamble and go for the full 6 to get the briefcase.

Interesting. I like.

Hate Post Like Post
Liz Hathaway Offline
Do you have the power to let power go?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

12-22-2013, 07:50 PM

Can we just give the title to raYne?

[Image: 246195bf6992c5da7d09ff840f1abc76.jpg]

XWF Record
8-11-1
W-L-D

Hate Post Like Post
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 08:50 PM

(12-22-2013, 07:50 PM)Liz Hathaway Said: Can we just give the title to raYne?

Or... You can earn a briefcase by going back and reading every single one of his posts and write a 10 page essay on it instead of the six title defenses.

We are open to any opinions here in the XWF!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Wallace Witasick's post:
(12-22-2013), Jessie-ica Diaz (12-22-2013), Liz Hathaway (12-23-2013), Steve "KingSlayer" Davids (12-23-2013), Theo Pryce (12-22-2013), Tony Santos (12-23-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 09:27 PM

Seconded
Hate Post Like Post
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 09:28 PM

All of these should be sent directly to Paul Heyman. He will be reviewing the raYne essays and judging them.
Hate Post Like Post
Jessie-ica Diaz (12-22-2013)
Jessie-ica Diaz Offline
Only to find it again.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

12-22-2013, 09:30 PM

(12-22-2013, 09:28 PM)Wallace Witasick Said: All of these should be sent to Paul Heyman. He will be reviewing the raYne essays and grading them.

Seconded.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jessie-ica Diaz's post:
Wallace Witasick (12-23-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 09:30 PM

Makes sense, he was the raYne's biggest supporter.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
Wallace Witasick (12-22-2013)
Liz Hathaway Offline
Do you have the power to let power go?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-23-2013, 03:21 AM

Come on Paul! Get that damn review up. We need a raYne storm to wash away all the madness of 2013?

[Image: 246195bf6992c5da7d09ff840f1abc76.jpg]

XWF Record
8-11-1
W-L-D

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Liz Hathaway's post:
Wallace Witasick (12-23-2013)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-23-2013, 09:56 AM

A lot of people don't know that a rule already is in place similar to this, but more lenient. It basically states that in order for a person to receive a briefcase as a result of the X-treme title that person must have had at least one credible title defense that resulted in a victory for that person.

If everyone was as worried about this rule as they appear to be now, you guys would have caught when Mr. Radio almost received a briefcase with NO successful title defenses during his 6 week+ reign. I was the only one who caught it, and he was told of this rule and informed he needed to schedule a title defense. If he won, he'd get the briefcase. Unfortunately he lost and did not receive a briefcase even though he had the title longer than 6 weeks.

What's interesting to me is how this can happen silently behind the scenes and nobody else pick up on it, but when Peter Gilmour has already had successful title defenses since winning the belt, these concerns are suddenly brought into the light.

Yes, Gilmour got out of hand and received a temporary ban. No, it doesn't mean we should change the x-treme title rules. No, he won't get "Credit" for his banned week toward a briefcase.

Another thing I'd like to point out is how only a small fraction of the current roster would have the ability to even hold the x-treme title for anywhere close to 6 weeks. The current time limit for kickouts is 12 hours, and that's the shortest it's ever been. It used to be 24 hours but I felt that was too easy on the champion, because all he'd have to do is show up once a day and check for a pin in the old days.

Think about it... how hard is it to maintain a life but also make sure 12 hours NEVER pass without you getting online and kicking out of a possible pin? That in itself means the person must really be glued to our site, and we LIKE that sort of thing! That's actually the reason I originally decided the x-treme title should have the briefcase option... it means that person must be a complete XWF maniac to successfully kick out of every pin in less than 12 hours for 6 weeks.

In the old days, I was x-treme champion under the 24 rule. I won it under the 24/7 pin and I lost it the same way later on...just a week or two later. lol Even I couldn't have earned a briefcase (if they were around back then) and that was with having 24 hour kickouts. The current setup is more than challenging enough.

With how few briefcases have been actually awarded through the x-treme title this year, I really can't imagine why we'd need to make it harder on people all of a sudden.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Scott Charlotte (12-23-2013), Steve "KingSlayer" Davids (12-23-2013)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

12-23-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:If everyone was as worried about this rule as they appear to be now, you guys would have caught when Mr. Radio almost received a briefcase with NO successful title defenses during his 6 week+ reign. I was the only one who caught it, and he was told of this rule and informed he needed to schedule a title defense. If he won, he'd get the briefcase. Unfortunately he lost and did not receive a briefcase even though he had the title longer than 6 weeks.

Actually this scenario was brought up a few times, by a few different people in the Skye Chat, as my very first post said yesterday, this isn't about Gilmour specifically. But his actions caused a lot of people to reevaluate the title itself. Sometimes all it takes is for one event for people to stop and look at things. That's what happened here. This isn't about trying to screw Gilmour, it;s about trying to enrich the experience associated with winning and defending the title.

You also mentioned:

Quote:A lot of people don't know that a rule already is in place similar to this, but more lenient. It basically states that in order for a person to receive a briefcase as a result of the X-treme title that person must have had at least one credible title defense that resulted in a victory for that person.

How do you define credible? That seems rather vague. By forcing there to be 6 defenses to earn a brief case it makes the title harder to obtain and makes the rewards more deserving based on the efforts you put in to obtain it.

The Xtreme title is the only one that allows you the opportunity to earn guaranteed shots at other titles, why not make it worth it?

Hate Post Like Post
Steve "KingSlayer" Davids Offline
Steve Davids

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

12-23-2013, 11:19 AM

I'm of the opinion that the Xtreme title does not need reform. Forcing someone to write a RP every day, no matter how short is pretty cruel...

As Shane says, the title is already hard enough to defend. I won the belt then lost it four days out because I went on a night out and was in a car crash on the journey home. That was gutting enough, I know that i for one would be very put off winning the title if I knew I had to write every single day to defend it.

Not to mention how hard it would be to judge 200 words vs 250.

[Image: Gtfmgih.jpg]

3x Xtreme Champion
1x Briefcase Holder
1x Television Champion
1x Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-23-2013, 12:42 PM

I'm all for reform here. As a compromise, I'd say enact the new rules (should they get passed) after Gilmour no longer holds the title. Here's the other compromises:

1) Make it 6 defenses, not 6 weeks, to earn the briefcase. They should be hard to earn, not just handed out.
2) Make it three defenses for a shot at any other singles title. It should only be once, and not for every 3 weeks, in my opinion. I'm hesitant to include the tag & trio titles simply for the fact that if the title challenger won, someone else would become champion without earning it. But, thats just my opinion.
3) Forget the RP thing on the 24/7 board, keep that as is.
4) Never disqualify any roster member from trying to obtain any title, simply based upon their supposed "status" among the numerous talented writers we have here. Ever.

I think these new rules would enhance the competitiveness for this particular title. Those holding it would be willing to defend more often, those chasing it would chase it harder. I think its more fun for all. Obtaining that 24/7 briefcase should be a challenge.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul Heyman's post:
Steve "KingSlayer" Davids (12-23-2013), Theo Pryce (12-23-2013)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-23-2013, 12:44 PM

The smaller regular shots that are earned while holding the xtreme title (US and Tag) don't require any additional stipulations to be met but in order to receive a briefcase you must have had at least one successful defense in which you were the listed as the winner in the results. Anything we as the staff deem credible.

(12-23-2013, 10:06 AM)Theo Pryce Said: How do you define credible? That seems rather vague. By forcing there to be 6 defenses to earn a brief case it makes the title harder to obtain and makes the rewards more deserving based on the efforts you put in to obtain it.

The Xtreme title is the only one that allows you the opportunity to earn guaranteed shots at other titles, why not make it worth it?

A very good question and it's another one of those unwritten understandings just like the "must defend successfully" rule that only gets brought up when it needs to be enacted. XWF has two ways of scheduling title matches for the X-treme title: Actual scheduled defenses for the sake of defending against a worthy challenger, and defaulted 24/7 defenses that come into play during most otherwise standard matches.

In other words,

If we book Wrestler 1 against Wrestler 2 and Wrestler 2 is the X-treme champion by chance, then most likely the title will be on the line in that match. If the champ LOSES the title before this match happens, this match still happens as a non-title match because it was booked for the purpose of seeing Wrestler 1 against Wrestler 2.

Alternatively, if we book Wrestler 1 in an X-treme Title Match and Wrestler 2 happens to be the champion but LOSES the title before the match, then the NEW champion will be put in the match to defend against Wrestler 1. These are considered actual X-treme Championship matches and would fall under "credible" because these don't get booked for just any random challenger. An example of this would be when Gilmour defended the title in the Elimination Chamber, which was going to be for the X-treme title no matter who was champion when that match finally happened. Peter entered as champion and was able to win the match, which by our standards was considered a credible X-treme title defense because of the quality of opponents in the match. Also, as a side note, he almost didn't win that match with how close it came in the end so he certainly wasn't handed an easy win.

I definitely understand about one person making noise and attracting attention to something else and yes many debates about the x-treme title have been had over the years. It's definitely not a perfect system that we have in place, but then again I don't think such a system can exist in the way that all participants would view it as perfect. No setup is going to please everybody.

I will say that if we had more strict rules for the X-treme title, we might not have ever had a single person win a briefcase yet. Remember, Sid had a briefcase from winning last year's Lethal Lottery. John Austin had a briefcase from winning a special event that I believe was called "Thunderdome" if memory serves me right. The entire year is already over and the number of actual briefcases handed out for the X-treme title is staggeringly low. Does anybody know the exact number for this year? I'm not looking at actual stats right now but I'm thinking it's a grand total of: 2. I believe Luca won a briefcase through the xtreme title and Angelus earlier in the year. One of them cashed in very quickly and the other has never even cashed in. Are there any others I am forgetting from the last year? Why is it we want to cut down this number again?

Hate Post Like Post
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-23-2013, 12:49 PM

In my opinion, I'm for the changes simply because it does enhance the value of holding and defending that title, not because of briefcases. I love competitiveness.
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

12-23-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote: An example of this would be when Gilmour defended the title in the Elimination Chamber, which was going to be for the X-treme title no matter who was champion when that match finally happened. Peter entered as champion and was able to win the match, which by our standards was considered a credible X-treme title defense because of the quality of opponents in the match. Also, as a side note, he almost didn't win that match with how close it came in the end so he certainly wasn't handed an easy win.

I would definitely qualify winning a match like that as being a credible defense.

Quote:I definitely understand about one person making noise and attracting attention to something else and yes many debates about the x-treme title have been had over the years. It's definitely not a perfect system that we have in place, but then again I don't think such a system can exist in the way that all participants would view it as perfect. No setup is going to please everybody.

Also true, but I would say that just because there is no perfect system that you(the royal you) should keep the current system in place. I do think there are other alternatives here and some of the things Paul listed were ideas that multiple people came up with not one individual. For what it is worth, I brought up the topic of X-Treme reform on Skye but I can't say that any of these suggestions, 6 defenses for a case, 3 for a US/TV shot were things I came up with because they weren't.

Quote:I will say that if we had more strict rules for the X-treme title, we might not have ever had a single person win a briefcase yet. Remember, Sid had a briefcase from winning last year's Lethal Lottery. John Austin had a briefcase from winning a special event that I believe was called "Thunderdome" if memory serves me right. The entire year is already over and the number of actual briefcases handed out for the X-treme title is staggeringly low. Does anybody know the exact number for this year? I'm not looking at actual stats right now but I'm thinking it's a grand total of: 2. I believe Luca won a briefcase through the xtreme title and Angelus earlier in the year. One of them cashed in very quickly and the other has never even cashed in. Are there any others I am forgetting from the last year? Why is it we want to cut down this number again?

That one I can't answer since I only have a 1/4 of the year to draw from and I'm too lazy to go back through results and forums to look the info up.

Hate Post Like Post
Jessie-ica Diaz Offline
Only to find it again.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

12-23-2013, 01:12 PM

Either way, I think there could be a compromise. Six weeks with the briefcase plus 2 credible defenses (This part shouldn't be too hard, seeing as though the title should be defended every match the champ's in) OR six defenses in any time span before the six weeks gets a briefcase. Seeing Shane's point and the one brought upon by multiple people, it combines both ideas.

This is just an idea I had that could work possibly.
Hate Post Like Post
John Austin Away
Grizzled Young Vet

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-23-2013, 01:17 PM

The Baked Potato Said:Remember, Sid had a briefcase from winning last year's Lethal Lottery. John Austin had a briefcase from winning a special event that I believe was called "Thunderdome" if memory serves me right. The entire year is already over and the number of actual briefcases handed out for the X-treme title is staggeringly low. Does anybody know the exact number for this year? I'm not looking at actual stats right now but I'm thinking it's a grand total of: 2. I believe Luca won a briefcase through the xtreme title and Angelus earlier in the year. One of them cashed in very quickly and the other has never even cashed in. Are there any others I am forgetting from the last year? Why is it we want to cut down this number again?

1: John Austin =Thunderbowl Event
2: Sid Feder =Lethal Lottery 2012
3: Luca = See Angelus
4: Angelus = I want to say through some X-treme title big battle or singles match, can't place my finger on what match it was though.
5: Egyptian Snow Pharaoh = Something from a Madness or Warfare?
6: Dr. Zero = See ESP

And I believe that is all of the 24/7 case holds of the 2013 year.... I can't think of anyone else, maybe there was someone else before I came in last May but this is who I am aware of.

To find John, turn those lights out because he will then appear...
XWF LEGEND and the only man who punked out Duke TWICE
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-23-2013, 01:18 PM

(12-23-2013, 12:49 PM)Paul Heyman Said: In my opinion, I'm for the changes simply because it does enhance the value of holding and defending that title, not because of briefcases. I love competitiveness.

I can see where that would work well but at the same time, I think as long as that title has 24/7 rules it's going to be talked about in character as being the lowest title in the fed except for the UFO title. For some reason ever since it was created a decade ago or something, the xtreme title has been treated like a joke anytime it's talked about in an RP or segment. Even with it being called "the X-treme Championship" and being in an e-fed called "the X-treme Wrestling Federation" it has still somehow always been thought of as a bottom tier belt. I honest believe this will never change as long as it is a 24/7 title, and that's probably never going to change because the 24/7 stipulation is what MAKES it what it is.

I don't think it needs a boost in ranking or prestige from a rules change standpoint... I think it needs a boost from somebody finally holding it who decides to MAKE it our top title. Many over the years have claimed they can do this, and some have tried... but all have failed. I thoroughly believe that the right person, with the right mindset, could make this the biggest title in the entire fed. Who is up for the challenge? (this is me kind of getting in character lol) Come on guys? Who has the balls to take that title since it's supposedly so easy to win? Gilmour is still going to be champ when he returns but will indeed be booked again before any briefcases happen... so who's lined up to do something about it and stop him? Even if it's not him... who can take the x-treme title from somebody, start defending it like crazy on BOTH shows, and hold onto it for 6 months instead of 6 weeks? Who can turn themselves into the most spotlighted and talked about xtreme champ in history? (/sorta ic)

Seriously though. The right person could respond and crush any claims of discrediting the hardest title to hold onto for a long period of time. Any downplaying of the xtreme title in character would be SO easy to counter in an RP battle but very few people actually do it. The right person could turn the x-treme title into "the title that earns you shots at all the LOWER titles under it" instead of being thought of as "the title that isn't that good, so that's why it earns you US and Tag shots"... Neither one of those believes are written in stone, actually. Either one can become the solidified reputation for that title. It's up to the holder to do that though; not up to the rules to be changed.

Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

12-23-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:I can see where that would work well but at the same time, I think as long as that title has 24/7 rules it's going to be talked about in character as being the lowest title in the fed except for the UFO title. For some reason ever since it was created a decade ago or something, the xtreme title has been treated like a joke anytime it's talked about in an RP or segment. Even with it being called "the X-treme Championship" and being in an e-fed called "the X-treme Wrestling Federation" it has still somehow always been thought of as a bottom tier belt. I honest believe this will never change as long as it is a 24/7 title, and that's probably never going to change because the 24/7 stipulation is what MAKES it what it is.

I don't think it needs a boost in ranking or prestige from a rules change standpoint... I think it needs a boost from somebody finally holding it who decides to MAKE it our top title. Many over the years have claimed they can do this, and some have tried... but all have failed. I thoroughly believe that the right person, with the right mindset, could make this the biggest title in the entire fed. Who is up for the challenge? (this is me kind of getting in character lol) Come on guys? Who has the balls to take that title since it's supposedly so easy to win? Gilmour is still going to be champ when he returns but will indeed be booked again before any briefcases happen... so who's lined up to do something about it and stop him? Even if it's not him... who can take the x-treme title from somebody, start defending it like crazy on BOTH shows, and hold onto it for 6 months instead of 6 weeks? Who can turn themselves into the most spotlighted and talked about xtreme champ in history? (/sorta ic)

Seriously though. The right person could respond and crush any claims of discrediting the hardest title to hold onto for a long period of time. Any downplaying of the xtreme title in character would be SO easy to counter in an RP battle but very few people actually do it. The right person could turn the x-treme title into "the title that earns you shots at all the LOWER titles under it" instead of being thought of as "the title that isn't that good, so that's why it earns you US and Tag shots"... Neither one of those believes are written in stone, actually. Either one can become the solidified reputation for that title. It's up to the holder to do that though; not up to the rules to be changed.

To counter this, what if someone wins the X-Title, holds it for 6 months and loses it on the 24/7 board because some freak thing happened over the weekend and they couldn't access the internet? Just as what Austin described earlier in terms of uncontrollable circumstances. How is that fair to the guy or gal who busted their ass for months only to lose the title without being out RPed for it. I think that might be my biggest frustration of all and why it's seen as a joke. You don't have to out RP anyone to win it, and RPs are the biggest part of efeds.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-23-2013, 01:25 PM

I'm a fair man. I will make a compromise. If somebody can win and hold the x-treme title for 6 months straight going by our current rules, I will let that person post a poll with a list of options and whatever gets the majority vote I will apply as the new rule for the title.

Who can do this? Smile

(I may even make a compromise at 3 months if somebody can pull it off)

Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

12-23-2013, 01:29 PM

And who said Shane was a benevolent dictator?

So I understand you, someone has to win the title from Gilmour, which is fair and then has to defend the title 6 times in order to qualify for a brief case, as well as deal with defending on the 24/7 board, and hold the title for 6 months, at which time you will consider change?

Well now that I got the ball rolling with this I will leave it for someone else to pick up and run with. Shane is right, the title is a joke but someone with the right mindset and attitude can make it great, I look forward to seeing someone do it. I have a few people in mind who I think can do it and do it right.

Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

12-23-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:Hell I hold it higher then the crown. In my eyes yes. Does that make me crazy?

No but it does make you dead to me.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
(12-23-2013)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-23-2013, 01:36 PM

(12-23-2013, 01:22 PM)Michael McBride Said: Shane, I wanted to know. When you're X-Treme champ, lets say you're in a tag match and you get pinned, does the title change hands, I mean it's a 24/7 belt right? So even if you're in a match that's a tag match, and YOU get pinned. Doesn't that mean you lose the belt. You have to defend it 24/7. I think that's how the Hardcore title worked in The WWE. I don't remember tho xD

Yes, if the champ is pinned they lose the title. In the past, some tag matches and other strange matches have had the x-treme title in play even though the match itself was not "for" that title. So yes, the champ would lose the title if they get pinned BUT NOT lose the title if their partner got pinned or if some other circumstance led to another winner. This would be an example of a non-credible title defense.

(12-23-2013, 01:22 PM)Theo Pryce Said: To counter this, what if someone wins the X-Title, holds it for 6 months and loses it on the 24/7 board because some freak thing happened over the weekend and they couldn't access the internet? Just as what Austin described earlier in terms of uncontrollable circumstances. How is that fair to the guy or gal who busted their ass for months only to lose the title without being out RPed for it. I think that might be my biggest frustration of all and why it's seen as a joke. You don't have to out RP anyone to win it, and RPs are the biggest part of efeds.

That's what I'm saying too though... as long as it's a 24/7 title it will be thought of like a joke because of how easy it is to win if you're in the right place at the right time. People look at that BEFORE they look at the fact that it's the hardest title to KEEP. I'd almost feel like crying for the person who lost it like that after 6 months because I can only imagine how that would feel after all that work! It would suck my left nut.

Anyway though as far as the current scene, I like our title balance because we have both sides of the fence.
We have the hardest title to KEEP: X-treme title.
We have the hardest title to WIN: TV title.
(And then we have the semi-joke title: UFO E1999 title, which is the official lowest title in the XWF)

Arguments could be made about why both the TV and XTreme titles should have some adjustments made. No system will ever make everyone happy. It could be claimed that the TV title is SO easy to keep once you hold it, that it should be the lowest title. I believe this never gets touched upon because of how highly respected the TV champion is OOC. I mean let's be honest guys... if Gilmour was TV champ, we'd all be talking about TV title rules right now and how it's been way too easy for him to hold onto that title. lol

On an unrelated note to the actual topic but still related to the x-treme title, I also was considering adding SUBMISSION attempts to it! It's still an early thought but basically I'm considering adding another way to win that will reflect what a submission victory might take out of or require from both the attacker and receiver to either succeed or escape. Something different than simply kicking out in 12 hours, but not quite as complicated as the UFO method. Any ideas on this idea are welcome.

Hate Post Like Post