Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-27-2024, 07:17 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback wanted! Hello everyone...
theNewBreed Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-10-2019, 09:41 AM

Hi. Was wondering what your thoughts were on my first piece.

I felt good writing it and was interested in the return, so it made it easier to get out, but I wondered, in a new company, am I on the right track?

Is it what you guys see as a good enough piece?

I want to make you guys feel like I am pulling my weight in our angles and matches going forward, so I guess I'm just trying to find out if there is any glaring things I need to change to or be mindful of in the future.

Also, if you take a look at my roster profile, wondered if you had any thoughts on it or questions or anything?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I appreciate it.

[Image: gZNikNC.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Ghost Tank Offline

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-10-2019, 12:09 PM

I see GT going after you for your character calling himself The New Breed.

Mostly because GT calls himself The New Breed of Beast, a New Kind of Monster. He's gonna wanna come after you.

As for the promo, I liked it. Not much of those feedbacker types that can tell you in depth what is wrong/good, I'm just short and to the point and say if I like it or hate it and in the rare occasion, love.

[Image: Vn6ynTV.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost Tank's post:
theNewBreed (08-10-2019)
theNewBreed Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-10-2019, 12:43 PM

That makes a lot of sense to see that after seeing you dislike the RP... lol... thanks for that. I appreciate it. I didn't know anything about that tbh... i'm not very familiar with the current roster.

To be fair tho... I started this gimmick in 1997... so i know i didnt copy you. lol... not that i think you copied me mind you... but I know for sure i didn't copy anyone to come up with it if that helps.

Hate Post Like Post
Ghost Tank Offline

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-10-2019, 12:51 PM

I know you didn't. I'm talking about the characters are gonna have a problem. I have 0 problem with you OOC for doing this Tongue. TBH, It actually will give us both RP opportunities now and a reason for us to go after one another.

[Image: Vn6ynTV.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost Tank's post:
theNewBreed (08-10-2019)
theNewBreed Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-10-2019, 01:15 PM

OR... to join forces... just saying...

Hate Post Like Post
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-11-2019, 04:49 PM

Hey buddy, nice to see you. I’ll check the piece out and get back to ya.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes James Raven's post:
theNewBreed (08-11-2019)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-11-2019, 05:04 PM

Teaming with Ghost Tank is a FANTASTIC idea.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Corey Smith (08-11-2019)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-11-2019, 05:08 PM

First off, welcome!

As for feedback, I did read your promo. I think it was pretty strong. I like how you leveraged your past with Tristan into some drama and tension in the present, making it clear that you're not completely on board with what's been going on but that you're willing to chance it to rectify a hole in your resume, so to speak. It came off sensible and well written. Speaking of the writing itself, you have a pretty good vocabulary and by and large your writing came across as confident and illustrative. You have something a gift for metaphor, though the Holocaust ovens one was a little odd, lol...

The promo itself was serviceable, but I'm going to address one thing that I think the faction as a whole is going to have to come to grips with going forward. It's not a very strong argument to keep ripping on the XWF and it's talent like they're nobodies when the cold hard fact is that the faction hasn't had much actual luck winning high profile matches. That's not a personal shot, it's just something that somebody who has a lot of history writing "shoots" would look at and probably rip apart. I know I would have gone for the throat on that one. I think you would have been in a much stronger position acknowledging that, and maybe even ratcheting up some of the inter-faction tension with some "if I had been here, I would have gotten shit done". Again, what you wrote wasn't BAD per se, but I'm one of those people who has always felt that the key to coming across strong and confident is acknowledging past losses (granted, they weren't yours although that would have made it even easier on you) and stating why the won't happen again.

If you stick around I think you could be very successful. Also, as a general heads up you might want to change your user handle to your actual character name as it makes thinks less confusing.

Again, welcome!

EDIT: Oh shiiiiiit, mad props for using Snitsky as your pic base. In a hobby that tends to see people using the same bases over and over again, I've never seen somebody use him and always thought he'd be a great one.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
theNewBreed (08-11-2019)
theNewBreed Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-14-2019, 03:13 PM

Sorry i didn't get back to this right away... I have been a little busy.

Now... first of all, thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it. It is hard for me to go to a new place where i am having trouble figuring out where to read everything in the first place, let alone trying to figure out where i fit in all of this.

Be assured, in the coming weeks, you will see less of the "shitty roster" angle and more of the meat of who and what I am IC as I get used to being here and learn more about the members.

I can only speak for myself on this, but i am pretty sure as the weeks go on, the other guys in the invasion faction will also do the same. We are using that angle to work our way into the company again, and to set the tone for what is to come, or at least I am anyway...

as for my name... I usually handle a whole group of characters that surround John Cable, and then entire group is referred to as the New Breed Foundation... so my profile is the handling account for all (even if it is currently just John) characters in the stable and as it goes on, you will see more of that.

on the pic base... I used to use Jason Mamoa for John... but then he got half his face ripped apart, and just isn't that cute anymore.

Hate Post Like Post