Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 09-21-2024, 03:36 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback, please.
Adam Rollins

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-08-2013, 04:03 PM

Hate Post Like Post
Shawn Steele Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Heel w/ Cult Following

(the heel you love to love; does whatever they want)

07-08-2013, 05:59 PM

First, the positives.

1: You get your character across easily. Only he's no where near any kind of face, or even "anti-hero". The way you're playing him, he's a pure heel. But that comes across clear as day. That's pretty much it for the positives.

The negatives:

1: Too short. Far, far too short. There's no kind of scene established. Nothing that lets the reader get into your character. Get into where you're at. You're painting a picture with your words, essentially. You need more detail. More depth.

2: Too much cursing. This isn't to say don't curse, but use it a bit more sparingly. It's a good way of getting across your character's anger, so if you're doing it constantly, it begins to lose it's meaning.

3: "I am above all of you in this @#$% company" ... this is, I'm sorry, horrible. You can run down your opponent. You can run down the authority figure. But talking shit about the XWF as a company makes no sense. If you want to portray having an issue with the company, attack the the authority. In that one little line, you called the XWF a piece of shit company which begs the question, why are you a part of it?

It seems to me like you need to take your time a bit more. Think out some plot lines for your character for your RPs. Build your own story that can run throughout your career. Maybe even write down a few bullet points you want to touch on when it comes to your opponents, and then craft your RP around those bullet points.

Good luck.

[Image: euegoy.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Adam Rollins

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-09-2013, 03:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I do have a problem with making RPs too short.
Hate Post Like Post