Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-02-2024, 09:34 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! Clarification
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

09-14-2019, 02:17 PM Thumbs Up  Clarification -->

It's been brought to my attention that there's some speculation that perhaps the things I say or do here are taken differently or carry a different "weight" than others, or that certain parties may take things I say OOC or IC more "personally" and overreact because they panic and aren't sure how to handle it. From what I'm told, the speculation that this may be happening is primarily because I'm a former owner and still using the former owner account/character I guess?

While I'm not aware of any confusion being brought directly TO my attention by a confused party, I wanted to just make sure any speculation from others who think there's confusion among any third parties can be laid to rest. In other words, people say to me they think OTHER people react certain ways to me that they maybe shouldn't...? I dunno, I'm a bit confused by it too. lol Anyway, let's clear it all up!

Yes, I'm a former owner. Yes, Shane is that former owner character. Does that mean when Shane talks IC (gold font) anyone should take it personally or overreact? No. If I'm IC, I am always coding my font golden and am speaking IC no matter WHAT the content of the text is.

Next up, is there any reason to overreact or worry if I say something in an OOC section that might be taken as a sarcastic joke or even just a friendly jab? No, don't worry about it. It's the same as if any other RPer joked with you or poked fun at you, or decided to sarcastically make light of a situation. Play along or ignore it! Tell me to eat shit! Whatever feels natural. I'm not that bad of a guy and I'm not going to hurt you.

I also should point out that I will probably be posting some IC material in the VERY near future that goes against rules and boundaries I previously adhered to and used to aggressively enforce while I was owner. Yes, I'm finally going to embrace the seemingly increasingly popular "crossing OOC lines" while staying IC, but I need you ALL to remember I'm simply adapting and playing along with what others have been allowed and encouraged by the staff to do. DO NOT take it personally if it involves you. Play along. I'm sure we're all adult enough to mess with each other without going TOO far, and I know for a fact if it ever gets too far where everyone is going insane with 4th wall breakage then Vinnie Lane is more than capable of handling it.

So yes, hopefully that clears up any misconceptions about my place/role here. I'm just one of you guys, now! I'm here to have fun and I'm here to adapt and see if I can help change the game even further based on recent trends and shifts in guidelines.

Thanks for your time, you filthy animals.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
#MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (09-14-2019), Steve Jason (09-14-2019)

Messages In This Thread
Clarification - by Carver's Sheath - 09-14-2019, 02:17 PM
Clarification - by Carver's Sheath - 09-14-2019, 03:13 PM
re:Clarification - by drezdin5788 - 09-14-2019, 06:26 PM
Clarification - by Carver's Sheath - 09-14-2019, 03:21 PM
Clarification - by Centurion - 09-14-2019, 03:44 PM
re:Clarification - by Steve Jason - 09-14-2019, 06:30 PM
re:Clarification - by Carver's Sheath - 09-15-2019, 10:55 AM