Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-30-2024, 12:06 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Who was Septermber's STAR of the month?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Thaddeus Duke
60.00%
9 60.00%
Sarah Lacklan
6.67%
1 6.67%
Robbie Bourbon
6.67%
1 6.67%
Thunder Knuckles
13.33%
2 13.33%
Miss Fury
0%
0 0%
Money Oswald
0%
0 0%
Other
13.33%
2 13.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SEPTEMBER SOTM
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

10-01-2020, 06:49 AM

OH LOOK it's October!

Time to determine who we thought had the best September here in XWF. I think there's a lot to choose from and plenty of discussion to be had, but we've put together a little list above with what the GM team sees as the most obvious choices right off the tops of our wee little heads.

As always, throw a vote on and give us a good reason for it. If you think it's someone unlisted, feel free to choose "other" and tell us who and why.

Thanks homies!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Chris Page Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

10-01-2020, 07:31 AM

Going Thad on this one. He’s a treat to work with and makes this shit easy.

- HALL OF LEGENDS 2019
- 2019 Heel of the Year
- 2019 Locker Room Leader of the Year
- 2019 Feud of the Year w. Robert Main (you’re welcome)
- Former
[Image: OW3ycxe.png]
[Image: fMJwa5h.png]
With
Robert "The Omega" Main
[Image: OZdvB4F.png]
XWF World Heavyweight Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Chris Page's post:
(10-01-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (10-01-2020)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

10-01-2020, 07:53 AM

Thad bringing in Heyman has been amazing and he went 3-0 at Relentless (like he said he would).

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Charlie Nickles's post:
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

10-01-2020, 07:55 AM

I would have considered Charlie for it but I know we try and space it out so people don't get it twice in a row still, right? If we look past that, let's take a look at the amount of work and character development that he put out, outweighing what most people do in a full month just during his cycle/shot at the Uni title. Even when given little to work with at times by his opponent and being forced to sit through long "anti flood" windows where he couldn't post RPs if Sarah didn't, he was still out there making 24/7 posts and promoting activity while trying to encourage more posts from Sarah. He may have slipped up at the end and got bit by the anti flood rule on his last RP that didn't count since Sarah never posted the last few days, so he kind of accidentally "out RPed himself" if you think about it. Aside from that though, as a fresh challenger to the scene and apparently new member of the fed, he did EVERYTHING right with what he was given to work with. He also seems to have been graceful in defeat and taken it as largely a learning lesson above all else, rather than getting upset about the rules, circumstances, etc... This man is a CLASS ACT and knows how to play the game. 100% deserving of SOTM.

Staff, are we allowed to have back to back SOTM's currently or should people default to your list? I'll vote in the poll once I know.

If we don't want to give it to the same guy twice in a row, I can understand that, and from there I'd shift focus to Sarah Lacklan. I feel like the landscape was pretty evened out when I look at the rest of the names in the running, so if things are fairly evened out, the one holding the highest championship should get the nod. I've also noticed that sometimes she gets overlooked, for example in past RPotm and SOTM threads where someone like Duke strolls in and says "I'll vote for Sarah since nobody else does lol" but in all seriousness, I think she has shown improvement when it comes to cooperating and fitting in with a fed that doesn't pre-plan everything (that's difficult, and takes time for some to adjust to), and I think she's done a better job at rolling with the punches since her return than people have seen in the past. She DOES deserve more serious considering this round, guys. She played chess with Charlie and won by looking several steps ahead. To me, showing improvement on an important personal level AND being able to retain the top title through capitalization on a firmer grasp of the intricate RP rules than her opponent (winning at Chess instead of wasting more ammo), is a major accomplishment and I'm proud of her for it.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(10-01-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-01-2020, 08:04 AM

You don't have to default to the list, it specifically says so and gives an "other" option.

I try to avoid going two in a row but there's no hard rule against it. I just like to see variety.

Hate Post Like Post
Ash Quinn

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

10-01-2020, 08:06 AM

I think Sarah and Charlie had a great build up to their match but I didn’t think Charlie had as much focus as Sarah
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash Quinn's post:
(10-01-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-01-2020, 08:09 AM

Got it. Was just making sure "other" could include a back to back. The last owner was usually against back to back SOTM awards but he did a lot of drugs and it was a different animal then.

1 vote for Charlie with Sarah getting the secondary nod.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Offline
EOL15072023

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

10-01-2020, 08:27 AM

I'm going to throw a vote to Nickles too. He's really gone above and beyond this month, not only proving his place at the top of the card, but seamlessly weaving himself into multiple stories and planting seeds for future matches and feuds. His first month was impressive because he was a new guy making an impact. I think this month is impressive because he's proven that he's not just a flash in the pan, but someone that you can build stories with.

[Image: MOSHED-2023-6-19-16-15-56.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like (Gravy_Xtreme_5000)'s post:
Madison Dyson Offline
Not a fascist! :)

XWF FanBase:
Not Over

(the perfect heel; hated even by the fans who usually cheer heels; pisses off internet fans too)

10-01-2020, 08:31 AM

I'm throwing it to Duke. Tons of character development, a real presence on the card, and that showing at Relentless was top notch.

Informally, I'm not in favor of back to back SOTM's either, but in my mind Charlie and Sarah are tied for second.

[Image: Dyson.png?ex=65a2219d&is=658fac9d&hm=e67...y=lossless]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Madison Dyson's post:
Thunder Knuckles™ Offline
A No Good Bastard

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

10-01-2020, 09:25 AM

My vote will be going to Duke. His body of work for this PPV is more than deserving of this award. He made a splash on night one and rode the wave throughout. Pat yourself on the back, sir. You deserve it.

[Image: newtngb.png?ex=661f68da&is=660cf3da&hm=6...9be1b4b4b&]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thunder Knuckles™'s post:
(10-01-2020)
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

10-01-2020, 09:41 AM

My vote is for Duke. I see how much work he put into the PPV and I talk to him often so I really see how much work he's been doing. He's really thriving and really deep in his work right now and it deserves the nod.

I know this isn't a post about why we're not voting for someone, but I can't help but give a nod to our Main Eventers! They put in a lot of work, too, but i wouldn't want any less in their position. The top position, the top titie... no limits... If they didn't go balls out I would have been disappointed. Kudos for meeting the bar i see. They both deserve honorable mentions.

[Image: Kd641BT.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Doctor Louis D'Ville's post:
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-01-2020, 10:16 AM

This is all a bit overwhelming. Yes, I'm in my feels. I'm almost never not. Thank you all for the kind words. It means a lot to me that so many of y'all are enjoying the work with Thad. If it wasn't for my dance partner (Chris Page), and the unlucky August, I'm not sure the we see what we see now with the Thaddeus Duke character.

you hoe, my vote for Lacklan after LoF was legit, i wasn't being a smart ass lol. I know its supposed to be monthly body of work, but she won LoF then won the Uni in the same night. Pretty fucking amazing.

All that aside, I gotta give my vote to Robbie. Always entertaining and lethal. Had he not fucked me up twice in August, I'm probably not even in this conversation this month. Domino's.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thaddeus Duke's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (10-01-2020)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-01-2020, 10:21 AM

Oh yeah! I almost forgot! I wanted to give a shoutout as honorable mention to TK. He did some really nice work against Page and added a 6th time TK "shocked the world." Really fucking proud of you.

74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (10-01-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (10-01-2020)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-01-2020, 10:47 AM

(10-01-2020, 10:16 AM)Thaddeus Duke Said: you hoe, my vote for Lacklan after LoF was legit, i wasn't being a smart ass lol. I know its supposed to be monthly body of work, but she won LoF then won the Uni in the same night. Pretty fucking amazing.

Oh no I didn't mean that, I was thinking of something a while back. It wasn't anything malicious, just pretty funny at the time how you popped into whichever SOTM/RPOTM thread it was and said it however you did. lol Not sure which "otm" discussion it was tho. I was just making/supporting a point that as of right now she's worth a second look and serious consideration because she's the best she's been here.

Hate Post Like Post
Unknown Soldier Offline
HAIL SATAN!

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

10-01-2020, 12:13 PM

Going with Duke because his storyline as a whole over the entire month has been probably the most entertaining thing for me to read. Nickles stuff deserves a nod again I loved his stuff against lacklan, but Dukes storyline really was top notch for him and I’ve been reading him since 2013.

[Image: MGncwBi.jpg]

XWF Record
56 - 20 - 1

1 (X) Universal Champion
4 (X) Xtreme Champion
1 (X) Tag Team Champion (w/ Doctor Louis D'ville)
1 (X) Anarchy Champion
2 (X) Superstar of the Month
Hall of Legends member inducted 9/27/20 at Relentless

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Unknown Soldier's post:
(10-01-2020)
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

10-01-2020, 12:41 PM

All of these are great choices and deserve props for their individual accomplishments, but I gotta go with Thunder Knuckles here. The Draw with Page a while back was shocking enough, but to come back and WIN against him is HUGE. I don't know alot of people I'd pick to beat CCP, and TK doing it is easily the highlight of his career, IMO

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like B.O.B. D's post:
Chris Page Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

10-01-2020, 01:13 PM

(10-01-2020, 12:41 PM)BigD Said: All of these are great choices and deserve props for their individual accomplishments, but I gotta go with Thunder Knuckles here. The Draw with Page a while back was shocking enough, but to come back and WIN against him is HUGE. I don't know alot of people I'd pick to beat CCP, and TK doing it is easily the highlight of his career, IMO

Dude did you not get the memo that everyone beats me?

- HALL OF LEGENDS 2019
- 2019 Heel of the Year
- Former
With
Robert "The Omega" Main
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Chris Page's post:
(10-01-2020), (10-01-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (10-01-2020)
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

10-01-2020, 01:48 PM

(10-01-2020, 01:13 PM)CCP Said:
(10-01-2020, 12:41 PM)BigD Said: All of these are great choices and deserve props for their individual accomplishments, but I gotta go with Thunder Knuckles here. The Draw with Page a while back was shocking enough, but to come back and WIN against him is HUGE. I don't know alot of people I'd pick to beat CCP, and TK doing it is easily the highlight of his career, IMO

I did not, but while we're on the subject, when's a good time to schedule myself a win?

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like B.O.B. D's post:
(10-01-2020), Doctor Louis D'Ville (10-01-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (10-01-2020)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

10-01-2020, 09:43 PM

I picked Thad so he dont beat my ass

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
(10-02-2020)
Chris Page Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

10-02-2020, 02:13 AM

(10-01-2020, 10:16 AM)Thaddeus Duke Said: If it wasn't for my dance partner (Chris Page), and the unlucky August, I'm not sure the we see what we see now with the Thaddeus Duke character.

Any angle is only as good if the participants involved put in the work to make it good. What I love about this ride we're on is how we've meticulously and methodically have collaborated with each interaction; the bouncing off ideas and incorporation of damn near everything we've discussed has been flawless and is a breath of fresh air. I've been doing this for over twenty years and worked with a shit load of writers but can count on two hands the ones that have taken the time to start and finish a solid story. What's crazy about this is how it wasn't really supposed to be this drawn out but has organically grown into this based off our ideas.

... as far as what we see now with the Thad character; everyone has a dark side that needs to be let out, right Robert?

- HALL OF LEGENDS 2019
- 2019 Heel of the Year
- Former
With
Robert "The Omega" Main
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chris Page's post:
(10-02-2020)
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

10-02-2020, 04:26 AM

About that...

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Centurion's post:
Chris Page (10-02-2020)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-02-2020, 06:24 AM

(10-01-2020, 09:43 PM)Peter Fn Gilmour Said: I picked Thad so he dont beat my ass

I mean, that's as good a reason as any in my opinion.

74-31-1
Semi-Retired

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thaddeus Duke's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour (10-02-2020)
Chris Page Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

10-02-2020, 01:19 PM

(10-02-2020, 04:26 AM)Centurion Said:

About that...

Wasn’t a singles match... perhaps I should be more specific 😂😉

- HALL OF LEGENDS 2019
- 2019 Heel of the Year
- Former
With
Robert "The Omega" Main
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chris Page's post:
Thunder Knuckles™ (10-02-2020)