Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-18-2024, 05:54 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
match idea
Captain Extreme Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

08-28-2013, 08:48 PM

OK so I was just thinking about my first match I created (Cage of Horror) and the second match I made up (the asylum match "this was never used") and I was thinking about how they could be topped

I have found an answer

The match is a Survival of the Fittest match

This match is fairly simple

at least in my opinion this would be a more higher end match.

Rules

1Big Grinepending on however many are in the match they will be divided in half for the start for example if 10 signed up it would start 5 v 5
2:elimination style, pins or submission to eliminate a person
3: no weapons at the start, trust me there is a reason it is survival
4: when it is down to about half of the group the teams are off. Every man/women for themselves
5: to add to the more survivalist thing at random and unannounced points in the match shit will happen for example: weapons drop from the rafters to be used, ring and outside of ring have random explosions, cell/cage drops confining the competitors, ramp way sets on fire, lights go out, etc.
6: Last one standing wins (preferably a more major title/title shot/briefcase
7: if you want you could also add the health thing although that doesn't need to be there

I find it would be fun but I want your opinions

What do you think?
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Smoke Away
://location_unknown---

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

08-29-2013, 02:55 AM

Wow. Just wow. I think that's way too extreme for my liking. How the heck are you going to read about a match with all that shit going on? "x performs a suplex on y while the ramp catches z on fire while a spears b on the outside of the ring making them get caught in an explosion that sends them flying into the crowd as weapons fall from the sky injuring wrestlers and fans alike".

That run on sentence was oh-so intentional.

[Image: logosmoke_zpsfca57577.png]

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
4x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-29-2013, 04:15 AM

i say.. NO! NO! NO!

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Captain Extreme Offline

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

08-29-2013, 04:57 AM

It doesn't happen all at once and they fall from the rafters like just above the ring

I mean it Happens at random intervals. Almost like a not so contained hell dome match with the exception of having to enter at a certain point and wrestlers knowing when the thing is going to happen.
Hate Post Like Post
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-29-2013, 05:59 AM

Honestly, this just seems like too convoluted of a concept to work, mainly for the writers. I'm under the firm belief that match stipulations should affect us on the writing side, since that's where we're really participating. Having stipulations and gimmicks that only affect the match add nothing to the RPs, but rather just make the writers have to put more forward.

September 2013 and May 2019 Star of the Month
1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

[Image: VIh61T5.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Lightning Offline

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

08-29-2013, 06:03 AM

I have to agree with the majority here. I meqn ove got my work cut out for me with the thunderbowl I'm doing for shove-it. That match is at least 15+ in the ring at once. I have a plan for it, but the idea is NOT an easy concept to go about doing.

[Image: 11038946450a12998492046l.jpg]
When there is a storm...Lightning strikes!
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-29-2013, 06:10 AM

(08-29-2013, 05:59 AM)Tony Santos Said: I'm under the firm belief that match stipulations should affect us on the writing side, since that's where we're really participating. Having stipulations and gimmicks that only affect the match add nothing to the RPs, but rather just make the writers have to put more forward.

That's a great point and something I like to keep in mind when I'm coming up with special/insane matches. I like it when the RPer has to approach the upcoming match in a certain way, for instance RPing out what they're strategy might be to avoid getting eaten by a lion in a lion's den match... or RPing about who they might trust and who they might turn against in a large, randomized team situation. There are endless possibilities but if you can incorporate a match that actually matters to those RPing as they prepare (or even requires them to RP a certain way) instead of just being something they'll read in the results, everyone has more fun.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Lightning (08-30-2013), Peter Fn Gilmour (08-29-2013), Tony Santos (08-29-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-29-2013, 07:54 AM

Such a terrible match. I mean, what's the point of setting the ramp on fire if a cage is gonna be dropped?
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
Cam Lang (08-29-2013), Peter Fn Gilmour (08-29-2013), Smoke (08-29-2013)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-29-2013, 08:03 AM

The roof of the arena can also be set ablaze.

Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-29-2013, 08:06 AM

Everyone should be armed with flame throwers.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
Cam Lang (08-29-2013)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-29-2013, 08:11 AM

Arena staff are sent out to the parking lot to set fans' cars on fire during the match, to give the fans a permanent piece of wrestling history to drive home in or have towed.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Cam Lang (08-29-2013)
Smoke Away

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

08-29-2013, 08:13 AM

Pyro is also released from the ceiling at random places at random intervals, raining down meteor-like fireworks onto the crowd and wrestlers.

Make the fear real.

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Hate Post Like Post
Cam Lang Offline

XWF FanBase:
Tweener/Neutral

(crowd reaction varies; dips between face & heel)

08-29-2013, 08:49 AM

I have an idea for a match, hear me out about this guys.

1. We'll start with each member of the roster standing in the ring, fuck that war games shit we're going with one fucking ring for this one. Even if the mat breaks who gives a fuck.

2. Inanimate objects will be dropping from sky. For example, bricks, certain things made with glass, hammers, dumbbells, etc...

3. The only way to be eliminated is to pass away due to the extreme head trauma caused by these objects.

4. The winner won't get anything because he'd be the only active member of the roster, I guess we can give him the crown and every other title considering he/she would be the only roster member alive if not nearly dead already.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Cam Lang's post:
(08-29-2013), Smoke (08-29-2013)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-29-2013, 09:18 AM

^^thats crazy dude..

how about we do a scramble match with about 5 or more ppl in the ring and the winner gets a title shot? Kinda like how ROH does it.. or for tag matches if the legal man goes outside the ring, his partner can come in and doesnt have to tag..

it sounds complicated but i think this could work

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Captain Extreme Offline

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

08-29-2013, 09:22 AM

(08-29-2013, 08:49 AM)Cam Lang Said: I have an idea for a match, hear me out about this guys.

1. We'll start with each member of the roster standing in the ring, fuck that war games shit we're going with one fucking ring for this one. Even if the mat breaks who gives a fuck.

2. Inanimate objects will be dropping from sky. For example, bricks, certain things made with glass, hammers, dumbbells, etc...

3. The only way to be eliminated is to pass away due to the extreme head trauma caused by these objects.

4. The winner won't get anything because he'd be the only active member of the roster, I guess we can give him the crown and every other title considering he/she would be the only roster member alive if not nearly dead already.

XD!!!!!!!!!!

I went a little extreme with examples for what to input in the match, no, I doubt anyone would actually write in setting the fucking ring on fire.

I guess they would probably have to rp how they plan to stay in the match last for example staying out of being the legal man and what not

Look there are two matches this truly are a combination of....

The Random Rumble (only seen it used by Johnathyn Brown) the match starts as an over the top rope battle royal but at random points the style of the match would change, here is a few I remember

1: True Violence match
2: Ladder match
3: Falls Count anywhere
4: Cage match
5: normal 1 v 1 match (I think this was for the final two)

And the chaos of a hell dome match, the xwf most extreme match I've seen (similar to Wargames except all members of one team "or all other members", had to be eliminated except a few things would happen, again a few I remember

1: Electrified Cage
2: Sting Grenades
3: earthquake
4: I think they might have had tornado like winds at one point
5: extreme heat

Etc.
Hate Post Like Post
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-29-2013, 10:21 AM

You have to remember some things when trying to come up with new match types. Practicality is a major concern. For example, when CM Punk was around, he had a thing for barbed wire matches. While visually brutal when watching it on television, it's not practical in an efed setting. I mean, I for one, don't want to sit here and try and describe barbed wire tearing flesh a dozen times. I think this type of match falls into that category.

Punk was also all about the scaffold match. I made that one work better than I thought I would, and that we may see again somewhere down the line. I put a twist on it to make it work in an efed world. I made the scaffolding stationary and not free swinging like the old ECW ones. Competitors started in the ring, and so on.

It's usually better to take a match style that already exists and put your own spin on it that adds drama. Take Heymans Chamber of Horrors. It's nothing more than an elimination chamber match. Except inside the pods are weapons, not humans.

In the final analysis, you have to think about what would be appealing to read. On top of that, you have to remember that matches are about the competitors, not the environment they are on. You can't get too gimmicky. Is that a word?
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Paul Heyman's post:
(08-29-2013), Cam Lang (08-29-2013), Peter Fn Gilmour (08-29-2013)
Smoke Away

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

08-29-2013, 10:29 AM

How about this:

A match is set up like a ladder match, except with a super special stipulation. Instead of a single belt being hung above the centre of the ring: ALL the belts are hung from the ceiling around different parts of the ring (the corners, sides, centre etc.). As such, each champion will be competing in this match, alongside two contenders who had earned their place.

The object is to climb up a ladder and retrieve a championship. Once you have, then you are no longer in the match, so you leave with your title and do not compete any longer. The match goes on until two people are left, and they fight for a #1 contender's shot at the crown or the X-Treme title or something. Loser gets nothing.

When I mean every championship, I mean including the crown. From the match we could see the WTF Champion win the Crown, or even the person who walked in with the Crown leaving with nothing. The order the championships are removed depends on whoever reaches it first, which is more likely the crown, since it is the most prestigious one.

In terms of RPing, the participants can state their intentions of which belts they are personally aiming for, and who they will look out for. The belt's positions will vary each time the match takes place, adding to the mystery and the unpredictability (side note: the tag and trio tag titles would be hung separately, as the match is free-for-all).

Also I guess you can adjust the height of the belts, as in certain belts would need certain heights of ladders to reach, but that's just an added stipulation if you wanted to go there.

If we had this match, for example, with our current champions, it would be:
John Madison vs. Angelus vs. Eli James IV vs. Luca Arzegotti vs. Mr. Satellite vs. Sebastian Duke vs. Griffin McAlister vs. Peter Gilmour vs. Unknown Soldier vs. Poppa Feder vs. Mr. Radio vs. two additional competitors.

Just imagine the roleplays heading into the match with these giants!

It may get claustrophobic, however, so I guess just a night dedicated to it like War Games? It's pretty much just a ladder match with a shit-load of guys so it'd at the very least be easier to write than whatever Captain Extreme came up with xD

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Hate Post Like Post
Mr. Radio Offline
Best in the Multiverse!

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

08-29-2013, 10:36 AM

You guys are giving me idea's for Shove it into *spoiler* *spoiler* Electric boogaloo (Radio edition)

[Image: tumblr_mo8afmAXfD1rregw1o1_500.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
Smoke Away

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

08-29-2013, 10:39 AM

And some of them are very good.

*wink*

...*wink*

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Hate Post Like Post
Matt Lennox Offline
I cry like a baby

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-29-2013, 10:48 AM

I have a match idea!!!! It's a ladder match except when you climb to the top I shit on your head. The only way to win is to put a cork in my ass

[Image: 311kzti.jpg]

Accomplishments
1 time XWF Xtreme champion
2 time FTW UFO E1999 champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 11 users Like Matt Lennox's post:
(08-29-2013), (08-29-2013), (08-29-2013), Archie Lawson (08-30-2013), Cam Lang (08-29-2013), Jessie-ica Diaz (08-29-2013), Lightning (08-30-2013), Mr. Radio (08-29-2013), Smoke (08-29-2013), Tony Santos (08-29-2013), Unknown Soldier (09-19-2013)
Smoke Away

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

08-29-2013, 11:41 AM

Don't let Mr. XWF in that match. He'll put his cock in your ass so fast and in such a way that he wouldn't even need a goddamn ladder.

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Hate Post Like Post
Jessie-ica Diaz Offline
Only to find it again.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

08-29-2013, 01:33 PM

The gimmickality.

The Contrivedness.

It hurts the deeper echelons of my soul.

So, let's get off topic of this (in honor of Bryce's MO) and talk about shitty deathmatch gimmicks in general. For example, did you know that in some promotion over in Japan (where all the weird shit happens, it seems. Those nukes really fucked them up.) there was a match in which live, as in living fish and other sea creatures were used as weapons? They literally beat the fish and stuff to death by using them on each other. I'm a fan of deathmatch wrestling, but that went a little (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay) too far.

Don't believe me?

Seriously. That happened.

Back on topic for a moment, seriously? There is so much stupid, contrived, over the top garbage in this match that it makes that WCW Electric Chair match look good.

It's so contrived that I'm pretty sure TNA is going to use it on one of their upcoming PPVs.

And it's so contrived that I'm pretty sure some fuckwit filled indy fed has already ran like seven of them in seven back to back shows.

Fuck.
Hate Post Like Post
Smoke Away

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

08-29-2013, 01:36 PM

(08-29-2013, 01:33 PM)Jessie Diaz Said: There is so much stupid, contrived, over the top garbage in this match that it makes that WCW Electric Chair match look good.

It's so contrived that I'm pretty sure TNA is going to use it on one of their upcoming PPVs.

And it's so contrived that I'm pretty sure some fuckwit filled indy fed has already ran like seven of them in seven back to back shows.

Fuck.

So true. At least I tried making my match freaking reasonable (why am I trying to 'defend' it so much Confused).

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smoke's post:
Jessie-ica Diaz (08-29-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-29-2013, 01:54 PM

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
(08-29-2013), Jessie-ica Diaz (08-29-2013)
Jessie-ica Diaz Offline
Only to find it again.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

08-29-2013, 02:03 PM

Hate Post Like Post
Lightning Offline

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

08-30-2013, 06:52 AM

How about a one on one match. Win comes only one of two ways. By pinfall or submission! Now that's insane!!

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lightning's post:
Smoke (08-30-2013)
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

08-30-2013, 07:24 AM

The jokes keep getting worse and the actual ideas are terrible. Why don't you all join me in a early retirement?

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

[Image: 97166.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Smoke Away

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

08-30-2013, 07:32 AM

(08-30-2013, 07:24 AM)Archie Lawson Said: The jokes keep getting worse and the actual ideas are terrible.

Sad

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Hate Post Like Post
Lightning Offline

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

08-30-2013, 01:50 PM

I think that's the whole point there archie.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lightning's post:
Tony Santos (08-30-2013)