Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-07-2024, 06:51 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUGGESTION/Idea/Thought
Great Buzzard Eli James IV Offline
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-08-2013, 05:48 AM

Just had a idea and see what everyone thought.

1) Depending on the match.. set a total rp limit. Some examples:

Singles - 4 rps per person

Tag Match - 3 per person (6 per team)

Championship Match - 3 per person
(the CHALLENGER must rp first.. gives a slight disadvantage.. makes winning title more difficult).. could change the rp limit depending on the title.. like King of XWF have 2 rp limit.. European and US 3 rp limit.. Tag Team 6 per team rp limit.. Xtreme ?? etc.

Battle Royal/Royal Rumble - no limit
-------------------
My thought is it pushes you to be more creative with each rp.. some people are busier than others so it helps balance all that.. it makes titles more prestige and difficult to win.. its easier to read everyone's rps.. PLUS you get to/can add more of your story in the News, Rumors, Char Dev thread.

It also may help those who write results do it quicker.. judging can be quicker.. etc.

Thoughts?

[Image: N1KpZEA.jpg]

1x Universal Champion
1x Undefeated Trio Champion (1/3)
1x Undefeated Tag Team Champion
1x Undefeated European Champion
2x Undefeated UFO/FTW (Ark of the Covenant) Champion
1x United States Champion
2013 July Star of the Month
The One Who Ended & The Administrator
Former Owner of the XWF
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Rebel Offline
Jackass of all Trades

XWF FanBase:
Heel w/ Cult Following

(the heel you love to love; does whatever they want)

08-08-2013, 06:10 AM

I completely agree man. I'm working mad overtime at work and don't have a lot of time to put into role playing.
Hate Post Like Post
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

08-08-2013, 06:21 AM

I completely disagree. I don't think anyone's creativity should be limited to the amount of role plays they write. I know that they CAN write character development posts but who is to say that one of those posts may not have actually been a winning role play?

I know this may effect people who have less time but as management will surely will tell you it's not all about the amount you write. It's much more about the quality and entertainment value of the writing.

It just doesn't make sense to me and if limits were something management wanted I believe they would have already put them in place.

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

[Image: 97166.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Angelus Offline
The Whole Damn Show

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

08-08-2013, 06:32 AM

Definitely good suggestions, Eli. But Archie is right. Management would have limits in place if they felt they were necessary. That being said, I do like your idea of when a challenger is taking on a champion. It does add a level of difficulty, but like most things, I think that should be worked out with all parties involved. For instance, if the challenger say, can't RP until two days or a day before deadline, that doesn't really give the champ much to work with or the challenger to maybe rebuttal what the champ has said. I think in most situations if that's something both guys (or gals) want to work out ahead of time then that's what works best.

[Image: fightaboutit.jpg]
2x XWF X-Treme Champion:
1.31.13 to 3.31.13: 62 days
8.14.13 to ???
Current Reign: 21 Days
Hate Post Like Post
Sincere Lee Wild Offline
XWF's Ultimate Sin

XWF FanBase:
Monster Heel

(always booed; cheats; hurts people)

08-08-2013, 06:42 AM

Agreed I don't think that someone should be judged on the quantity but instead the quality I have said this time and time again. I would rather lose to someone who has 1 fantastic RP than to someone who posted more than me just because they had more time to write. Some of us have hectic jobs life's, or are attending school and our schedules conflict with us being able to dedicate as much time as we would like to the XWF and or opponents.

Amber

[Image: jf84dg.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sincere Lee Wild's post:
Andrew Morrison (08-08-2013)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-08-2013, 06:42 AM

i say keep it the way it is. for me, i can only do 2 MAYBE 3 rp's a week. Im a very busy man with work kicking my ass and a social life as well.

so keep it the way it is

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

08-08-2013, 07:08 AM

I just want to further what I said earlier...

Some people are 'trash talkers'. Many trash talkers including myself benefit from writing multiple RPs in the week that are much shorter than those RPs that contain more words. This would hinder a lot of work through out the fed as well. I do agree that it would encourage creative stories but that's not the only type of RP throughout this fed.

In all, I can see your point, but I think changes are unnecessary.

P.S Oh and by the way the TV title has the challenger difficulty to make it hard to earn. That's why I see it as the most prestigious belt in the federation. Of course falling only second to the crown.

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

[Image: 97166.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-08-2013, 08:18 AM

What you are suggesting, Eli, sounds good at first but it quickly explodes into an epidemic of quantity being all that matters. XWF has done this in the past so I've seen it first hand. Before I took over, XWF spent YEARS using limits and it turned into an incredibly obvious system of numbers...

First, the RP limits came in the form of X number of RPs per match... let's say 3 RPs was the average.

What did people do? Tried to out length each other in word counts.

The solution? Now XWF had to add WORD LIMITS to the actual RP limits too. It got messy... now you'd see matches with a 3 RP limit and then there would ALSO be a word limit per RP. Once a fed gets to the point of the number of RPs being what matters AND the number of words in the RP being COUNTED, then the fed might as well admit quality was abandoned.

It turned into a war of people trying to make SURE they hit EXACTLY the amount that the word count was for each RP, and then judges started not knowing how to react because people would lose their minds if they knew they wrote 10 more words than their opponent but lost. Little by little, even the judges pretty much just looked at word counts and numbers to decide winners. If a match was even SLIGHTLY close, the way they'd figure out the winner was the word count.

It took a lot of work to bring XWF back to a point where we're all on the same page as far as simply having RPing guidelines instead of limits. We suggest a word count of 1000 to 2000 words per RP, but if somebody wants to go higher or lower that's FINE if it fits their style and flows well. We've also seen where a small number of RPs can defeat a large number of RPs, and that's something very rare in e-fedding today. All feds like to say "quality over quantity" but this is one of the few feds where that is demonstrated to be true on a regular basis.

That said... if people want to agree on an RP limit for their own match, and all parties IN the match agree, then you're welcome to do that. (this has always been acceptable since it's a deal between the RPers in the match)

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
DeathMerchant (08-08-2013)
Great Buzzard Eli James IV Offline
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-08-2013, 08:26 AM

Gotcha. I see everyone's other side and they make a good case too. Good thoughts.

[Image: N1KpZEA.jpg]

1x Universal Champion
1x Undefeated Trio Champion (1/3)
1x Undefeated Tag Team Champion
1x Undefeated European Champion
2x Undefeated UFO/FTW (Ark of the Covenant) Champion
1x United States Champion
2013 July Star of the Month
The One Who Ended & The Administrator
Former Owner of the XWF
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-08-2013, 08:30 AM

I'm sure Shane will stop by and give the appropriate response that he always gives to these types of threads.

It's not really a big deal to me. I'm cool either way we go as far as RP limits are concerned. I see the benefits of both having limits and not having limits.

For Warfare, I don't think anyone had put out more quantity than the other-- not to where it was noticeable. Peter Lake vs. Stevie Tyler was 1 rp vs. 2 but the difference in word count was only ~300. It was hardly noticeable.

The Tag Titles match, I'm not even sure who had more RPs than the other. I imagine Duke might have taken the lead there, but I thoroughly enjoyed the stories he did with him getting rescued and dealing with personal/family issues. I believe his final number was 8... but I think 2 of those were extremely short and only took like a minute to read. The rest weren't even that long neither.

Back to the discussion at hand...

There are several ways we can tackle the issue if it's something that all of you want changed.

- We used to have it to where one show was a 2 RP limit show and the other was unlimited. Could always use either Warfare or Madness as an RP-limit show where a certain number would be put in place. Keep in mind that we would also have to closely watch word count as well since one 10,000 word RP is basically the same thing as five 2000 word RPs. What if we just had one show where the daily limit was one RP per day? Would that be an improvement?

- We could turn the Television Title into a title contested under RP limits. Possibly even a "division" that people sign up for so that we know who wants RP limits every week.

Like I said, the debate over quantity has been done to death and I really don't want to revisit it. If enough people want a show or title that's contested under RP limits then I think we should give that crowd something to go for. I certainly wouldn't mind it since that would make reading RPs go a lot quicker. I'd also be able to book longer cards since 15 RPers = 30 possible RPs rather than 15 RPers = 30 - 180 possible RPs. Not that I'm complaining, I actually don't mind the way things are at the moment.
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-08-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:That said... if people want to agree on an RP limit for their own match, and all parties IN the match agree, then you're welcome to do that. (this has always been acceptable since it's a deal between the RPers in the match)

Forgot to mention in my post that this^ is probably the best solution. You can always request rp limits in the booking threads.
Hate Post Like Post
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

08-08-2013, 08:55 AM

I'm totally not in favor of RP limits ever. Madness used to be a two RP limit show before I took it over. It was the first thing I wanted to change when I took over the show and Shane was on board with it and allowed me to remove the limits.

Now, I understand that some people are a lot busier than others. Trust me. I'm a pretty busy guy myself these days. Even being so busy, I want the guys and girls on the Madness roster to be able to let loose when they have that desire. I'm never in favor of restricting someones work.

If they choose to set an RP limit between themselves then I'm ok with that.

I'm also not in favor of making changes to the Television title since its unoficially Madness' second title.

Eli, I definitely appreciate your desire to contribute to fed operations though.
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-08-2013, 08:58 AM

(08-08-2013, 07:08 AM)Archie Lawson Said: P.S Oh and by the way the TV title has the challenger difficulty to make it hard to earn. That's why I see it as the most prestigious belt in the federation. Of course falling only second to the crown.

That's one way to look at it. Yes the TV is the hardest title for a challenger to win because they're put at a disadvantage (just like a real TV title should be, with a time limit that favors the champ because he retains if time runs out, etc) ...but if you also consider that the current TV champ DID NOT have to go through that challenge when he won it, I don't think the TV title has really earned its stripes like the X-treme title has. (note: the current champ renamed the North Korean Championship the TV Championship and that's when we initiated the new RP rules for that belt, which state the challenger can only RP once a day at the most AND they're supposed to get their first RP up very early in the week)

Another way to look at it in terms of difficulty for a title is that the X-treme title is the hardest to KEEP. Some have argued that the X-treme title could be considered the most prestigious for that reason... you have to be a maniac with kickout out of the 24/7 pins AND winning regular title defenses AND the X-treme title is ALWAYS on the line in every single match the champ is in. If the champ is in a tag match and he is the one who gets pinned, he loses the title in the tag match. It's so easy to lose that title.

I enjoy having a title that's very hard to gain as well as a title that's very hard to retain. Most feds don't have those unique options all in place at the same time.

Hate Post Like Post
Stevie Tyler Offline
This sucks.

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-08-2013, 09:12 AM

I agree wholeheartedly...that the X-Treme Title is the mist prestigious.

[Image: pDvrWlI.jpg]
2x Xtreme Champion
1x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
10-3-0
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stevie Tyler's post:
Great Buzzard Eli James IV (08-08-2013)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-08-2013, 09:25 AM

(08-08-2013, 09:12 AM)Stevie Tyler Said: I agree wholeheartedly...that the X-Treme Title is the mist prestigious.

So it should go to Mystica?

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
DeathMerchant (08-12-2013), Great Buzzard Eli James IV (08-08-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-08-2013, 09:41 AM

Shove-It also allows you guys to run a 2-RP limit show if you choose to, just for the record.
Hate Post Like Post
Stevie Tyler Offline
This sucks.

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-08-2013, 09:49 AM

(08-08-2013, 09:25 AM)Administrator Said:
(08-08-2013, 09:12 AM)Stevie Tyler Said: I agree wholeheartedly...that the X-Treme Title is the mist prestigious.

So it should go to Mystica?

I deserved that.

[Image: pDvrWlI.jpg]
2x Xtreme Champion
1x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
10-3-0
Hate Post Like Post
Ricky Desmond Offline
Business as Usual

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

08-08-2013, 12:13 PM

I know the current champion is yet to have to win under these rules, but it is the hardest to gain. I think the Xtreme title is certainly unique, however I never liked the idea of having to check the page between 12 hours just to kick out. It seems harsh but I guess that's sort of the point.

Appreciate Eli's thoughts though, I think the more suggestions made the more the fed can continue to improve.

[Image: oNSyU33.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post