Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-14-2024, 07:38 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Benoit Movie?
Hunter Payne Offline
RIP Ray Peterson

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-07-2013, 05:48 PM

So I heard they're planning on doing a Chris Benoit Movie called "Crossface". And it leaves me with a lot of questions.
  • What actor in Hollywood could play Chris Benoit?
  • Is it going to be like a video documentary or pure high budget Hollywood flick?
  • Is it going to focus on his whole life, or just the negative parts?
  • If the movie does good do you think the wwe will start trying profit off his name again?
  • Will Eddie Guerrero be featured in this movie? And if so who can play him?

What are your thoughts on this movie being made?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvgngElHg6hf5LfpFqufu...4G8ZoiJU1Q]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwfH4qi-tvn6dLM8_3WYh...IbXUoKnxhw]

[Image: 111315-wwe-Eddie-Guerrero-pi-mp.vresize....high.1.jpg]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hunter Payne's post:
LJ Havok (08-08-2013)
Peter Lake Offline
Fortune Favors the Bold

XWF FanBase:
Raging Face

(heavily cheered BECAUSE they'll break rules & bones)

08-07-2013, 06:34 PM

I'm just throwing my two cents in. I think they should lean more toward a documentary. Yes, he did have a storied career, but the end of his life (as we know) was pretty damn tragic, and honestly I don't think it needs to be dramatized by a Hollywood studio. I do realize Hollywood has made other movies of darker subject matters, but for me, with two kids being involved in the tragic outcome, I think it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

A documentary can be more objective and removed allowing the viewer to form their own opinion on the man and the 'superstar.' That's just me. Who knows? There may be a studio willing to dump money into seeing this come together.

[Image: 2lly81s_zps8d4dbaa6.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Peter Lake's post:
Hunter Payne (08-07-2013), Rebel (08-07-2013)
Rebel Offline
Jackass of all Trades

XWF FanBase:
Heel w/ Cult Following

(the heel you love to love; does whatever they want)

08-07-2013, 07:41 PM

I don't know man. The whole thing was sad.I had been a huge Benoit fan from his days in WCW. I didn't want to believe he committed those crimes at first.
But I don't know who could play Benoit, but it would be a touchy subject for any actor. As far as what type of movie, I think it would be more of a biopic. Meaning they would have interviews and maybe some acting.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel's post:
Hunter Payne (08-07-2013)
Matt Lennox Offline
I cry like a baby

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-07-2013, 08:07 PM

Russel Crowe XD

[Image: 311kzti.jpg]

Accomplishments
1 time XWF Xtreme champion
2 time FTW UFO E1999 champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matt Lennox's post:
Peter Lake Offline
Fortune Favors the Bold

XWF FanBase:
Raging Face

08-07-2013, 08:10 PM

That's why I think a documentary would be better. The mainstream media has tried to blame his tragic end on concussions, steroids, lifestyle, etc etc pretty much every which way but Sunday since it transpired. Also, since Benoit cannot speak for himself, it might not be a bad idea to allow close friends, family, and whoever else knew the guy to get some closure on the situation without it being through the subjective lens of the news media trying to run another 'tragic end to famed wrestler' story.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Lake's post:
Hunter Payne Offline
RIP Ray Peterson

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-07-2013, 08:15 PM

I think it could be done in good taste. I mean they shouldn't paint him as a fucking monster you know? They should go into how wrestling was all he ever wanted to do growing up, and meeting his wife in WCW. Making friends along the way (Eddie Guerrero) and of course winning the big one at WMXX. And how the whole time moves like his flying headbutt slowly started to take its toll on him. Then end it on a high note if they can by mentioning how his case is helping athlete's head trauma research.

Hate Post Like Post
Rebel Offline
Jackass of all Trades

XWF FanBase:
Heel w/ Cult Following

(the heel you love to love; does whatever they want)

08-07-2013, 08:16 PM

Yeah. I don't condone anything that Chris might have done. With that being said, he was instrumental in that whole WWE Ruthless Aggression era. He deserves to at least be remembered for some of the things he did before the crime. WWE Hall Of Fame.......I'm not sure he ever gets in there.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel's post:
Matt Lennox Offline
I cry like a baby

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-07-2013, 08:23 PM

If they did do a Hollywood movie have it end when he won the title at wrestlemania

[Image: 311kzti.jpg]

Accomplishments
1 time XWF Xtreme champion
2 time FTW UFO E1999 champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matt Lennox's post:
Hunter Payne Offline
RIP Ray Peterson

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-07-2013, 08:25 PM

The fucked up thing about him in The HOF is, if this is like a big time Hollywood movie that makes more money than the wwe expected (look at The Wrestler) then they may very well want to cash in on the publicity (again look at The Wrestler). What's one way they could do that? Inducting Benoit into the HOF at the time of the movie. It's fucked up but it just feels like something they would do.

Hate Post Like Post
Peter Lake Offline
Fortune Favors the Bold

XWF FanBase:
Raging Face

08-07-2013, 09:04 PM

I don't disagree. Benoit THE WRESTLER deserves a spot in the HOF. He did a lot for the sport and that cannot be denied. However, I think it's going to take a while before that happens -- if -- it happens. That's not to say that every guy in the hall has a spotless record in terms of their life choices, but given what Benoit did makes it a tough sell.

We could argue all day on whether his actions outside the ring overshadow what he did inside the ring, but I think if WWE were to approach this obviously very sensitive topic they should start small. Maybe release a 'Best of' DVD quietly and see how it is received. Maybe even go smaller than that and slowly start to see how mentioning him in one of their recent run of 'countdown' style DVDs goes.

Hate Post Like Post
AnthonyCarter

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-08-2013, 01:29 AM

i would like to see this movie happen i wouldn't be shocked to see who would play Rey and Chavo and Malenko and Saturn. but if this movie does happen i would laugh if does better then any of the WWE films productions did.