Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-28-2024, 04:32 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Worst of Us
The Blue Tango Offline
HERO

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-04-2023, 10:51 PM

[Image: unnamed-2.png]

Lightning flashed, lighting up the night sky as well as the pitch dark bedroom.  Calypso lay face down and buried into a pillow, depressed and sulking over his most recent loss to Peter Vaughn on Warfare.

How many times am I going to be taken to the cleaners by this guy?

The worst thoughts raced through his head.  He thought about walking away from the business altogether.  Hanging up his boots, his tights, and saying goodbye to the chance of any type of superstardom for another life.

He thought about vengeance.  After all, each time Vaughn and Calypso were in the same ring together, Vaughn walked away with dirt on his hands.  But could Calypso bring himself to stoop to the same underhanded tactics Vaughn employed to secure victory, or in some cases, simply not lose?

Another flash of lightning lit up the room accompanied by a silhouette of a person slipping past his window.  Sensing eyes upon him, he picked up his head and looked around.  First scanning the room, he then stared outside where the rain relentlessly pelted the window in heavy waves.  Letting out a long, depressing sigh, he buried his face back into the pillow again.

A few seconds later, there was a loud banging on his front door.

[Image: removal-ai-647eb111-b4de-4fae-8278-39c8e...9exhjc.png]

[Image: removal-ai-2d462fbb-520d-4eca-8d8e-a046f...3azldj.png]

[Image: removal-ai-92d053f7-907e-48eb-b320-7430b...6lzxwl.png]

Calypso jumped up and nearly fell from the bed getting to his feet.  He shook the cobwebs from his head and slowly left the bedroom.  He noticed the digital clock next to the bed said it was just before midnight…  And there was no way anyone on his friend or fiend's list would be showing up at this hour, he thought.

Stopping midway, he second guessed the situation.  He hasn't slept well and knowing he wasn't coping with all the losses, was he hearing things?  He convinced himself it was nothing when the knocking came again.

[Image: removal-ai-92d053f7-907e-48eb-b320-7430b...6lzxwl.png]

[Image: removal-ai-647eb111-b4de-4fae-8278-39c8e...9exhjc.png]

"Who's there?!" Calypso shouted from a distance.

No answer.

He took a step back and jumped when there was a third series of knocks.  Slower, this time.

"Hello?!"

He approached the door and spoke through it.

"I said, HALLOW!  Who is–"

He pulled open the door as more lightning struck close by and for a few seconds revealed the mysterious visitor.

[Image: unnamed-1.png]

"What the?"

Calypso gave a double-take.

The woman in the doorway was no ordinary midnight visitor.

Cloaked in shadows, her daunting figure was testament to a world that Calypso had only begun to dip his toe into.

"Uh… Atomic Bat, right?" He murmured, squinting at the figure. He knew her, everyone in the city did, but how did she know him?

"Calypso," she said, cutting through the silence. Her voice rang with an authority that made his insides clench. "We need to talk."

"Bout what?" Calypso quipped, trying to keep his tone light.

"You," she said, not falling for his carefree act. "And Blue Tango."

At her words, Calypso's heart seized. He laughed nervously. "Blue Tango? That's a new one! Why would I know anything about the Blue Tango?"

In response, Atomic Bat lifted her hand, a small, dart-gun in her grip.
Aiming with precision, she fired a dart, embedding it into a poster on his wall.

It was a rather artistic portrayal of the Blue Tango symbol lighting up the night sky that asked the very question that she had come here to find the answer to.

"Who is the Blue Tango, Calypso?" she asked, her tone pressing.

Calypso couldn't help but swallow, his throat suddenly dry. "I have no idea what you're talking about," he replied, a hint of defensiveness in his voice. “Why would I know anything about the Blue Tango?”  He repeated.

Atomic Bat scrutinized him with her piercing gaze as she let out a weary sigh. "If you're set on peddling falsehoods and squandering my time, I might have to resort to other means to uncover the truth."

Calypso tightened his fists.  What did she mean?  Was she looking for a fight?  At this hour?! 

Atomic Bat was not looking for a fight at all.  She figured that he would be at least a little resistant, but there was no time to not be persistent.  She insisted on his allegiance, and would go as far as making him a familiar to do so.

However, after weeks of watching this failed act go on…  She knew most of Calypso/Blue Tango's secrets that she had him standing in checkmate.  She pulled her grappling gun from her side and shot it past Calypso's head into his closet door and gave it a hard yank!  The door pulled open hard, sending the tall mirror hanging on the inside flinging off and onto the floor, shattering it.  Hanging inside was the full Blue Tango get-up, organized head-to-toe.

"Dude!"  Calypso shrieked!  He raced over to the door and tried to shut it again, but the top hinge was half pulled from the wall.

Calypso struggled with the door for another second before giving up and puffing his bottom lip back at the Atomic Bat.

"Alright," he said, a sigh escaping his lips. "I am… I am the Blue Tango!”

With a flamboyant flourish, Calypso engaged his superhero pose.

"But," he continued, uncertainty filtering through his tone, "I don't understand... what is it that you want from me?"

[Image: unnamed.png]

Vita Valenteen pushes a shopping cart through the cold section of a grocery store.  She pulls a carton of orange juice from the shelf and behind it is Calypso poking his head out from inside the cooler, scaring Vita half to death.

"Dude!"  She says hopping a full step back.

"VITA!"

She tosses the carton into the cart with a huff.

"Need you back at HQ, like, pronto, Vita!  We need to talk!"

"Why on earth are you here?! Couldn’t you have simply sent me a text?!"  She hisses, her voice barely above a whisper as she glances around the store, ensuring no one else is privy to their peculiar exchange.

But when she whipped her gaze back to the refrigerated shelf, expecting to meet Calypso’s blue eyes stare, all she found was another carton of orange juice, perfectly aligned with the others.

Calypso, it seemed, had vanished as abruptly as he had appeared.

[Image: 8dDskLd.gif]

The Atomic Bat walked into the HQ, or at least what they've "deemed" HQ for the time being, and gasped at what had in a short time become of the place.  The air was stale and gross, thick with smoke from their newest frenemy, the Smoker.  She coughed and waved what smog she could from her face and continued on.

Harlot was busy at her computer, as usual, clicking away and likely researching whatever she can regarding Doomsayer and his whereabouts.  The Blue Tango was in the kitchen, and was, judging by the smell, cooking breakfast for everyone.  To the Atomic Bat's surprise, there were a few extra faces in the HQ that weren't there previously…

Around a card table sat Smoker, puffing away at a cigarette, as always…  but he was playing poker with two henchmen, each smoking their own cigarettes.

"How?!  How can you people stand this," the Atomic Bat stammered, "Someone open a window!"

Which she took upon herself to do as everyone watched.  Slamming it open, she turned and faced Smoker pointing at the two strangers.

"And just WHO are THOSE TWO?!"

Smoker set his hand of cards face down on the table and did a half turn around his chair.

"Who?  *COUGH!*  Them?"  He pointed back with his thumb.

"Yes, THEM!  Who are they and what are they doing here?!  Tango!"

"Five more minutes!" Tango yelled from the other room.

"No!  Report!  Now!"

The swinging door opened and Tango stood in full uniform plus a chef's hat holding a sizzling skillet.

"Do you want the flap jacks to b—  Oh."

"What's going on here?"

Tango shoved the skillet, oven mitts, and chef's hat away off screen in the other room and let the door shut behind him into his back with a *thud*.

"Well.."

"No!  First…  WHO.  ARE.  THEY." She said sternly and pointed aggressively at the two other men.

"They're my re- *COUGH!* recon guys!  Christ, I've basically been on house arrest since Harl' and I showed up *COUGH!*  *WHEEEEEEZ!* here…  How am I supposed to help if you guys won't even let me leave the block?!"

"If you don't understand that we might have some trust issues then that smoke is doing more than damaging your lungs!"

"Well, no kidding!  It's the leading cause for heart disease, too, ya dumb BUH–BUH–  *COUGH!*  *COUGH!*  Hehehe–  BUHH–!  *COUGH!*  You get the picture."

Atomic Bat narrowed her eyes and took a step closer to the table.

"This is NOT a place for your legion to 'hang-out' in between whatever sickening, vile deeds you have them do, Smoker!  You are not here as a prisoner, but under strict… and I mean STRICT surveillance and rules the ENTIRE time!"

"Obviously!  Hehehehe  *COUGH!!!!*"

Frustrated, AB turned her focus onto Harlot, but her sidekick quickly averted her attention back to her computer and started chattering away at the keys once again. 

Then AB moved her eyes to the Blue Tango, who stood white as a ghost still pressed against the kitchen door.  The look on his face would be the look he had if he hadn't realized but at the last second he walked in front of a fast moving train. 

Stuck there on his face as AB slowly moved towards him.

"Is this some kind of joke?" She asked close to a whisper.

"Well, no, of course not."

"Really?  What is going on?!  Are you seriously cooking for them?"

Tango shrugged.

"They were hungry.  And they said they had intel!  That's why I told you to come back right away!"

The thought of Tango leaving them behind and going to the grocery store to cook for them crossed her mind and it made her cringe, but she quickly swept it from her head. 

"What," she paused and took a breath, "What kind of intel?"

"I dunno.  You'll have to ask them.  I figured we'd hear it as a group."

AB rubbed her one temple and B-lined it back to the card table where Smoker was dealing a hand.

"Alright, Tango said you have some kind of intel?"

Smoker never stopped dealing the cards or looked up.

"Intel?  INTEL?  Babe, we've got a fu– *COUGH!* –king LEAD."

A puff of smoke wafted up past her as he nearly choked on the cigarette itself.

"Well?" She prodded.

"Well!  I've got a couple of guys that were supposed to meet with a couple of guys and set something up somewhere where they'd get some inside information about someone who knows something about Doomsucker."

She stood dumbfounded for a couple of seconds before snapping out of it.

"That is hardly anything!  How is that a lead?!"

"What do you mean?  *COUGH!*  *WHEEZ!*  I have some of my best guys on it!  They'll come through.  *COUGH!*  Trust me!"

"Not a chance, Smoker, but I might take your word for it.  For now."

Atomic Bat began to walk away as the three of them continued their poker game.  After taking a couple of steps she turned.

"And smoking is only allowed outside!."

That was met with three long groans from each of them.

[Image: smoker.png]

AB approached the Blue Tango, who was still standing as still as a statue in the doorway.  She slapped him in the gut with the back of her hand (pretty hard) and pointed outside to the balcony.

"Balcony!  Now!"  She yelled through her teeth.

Tango obeyed like a puppy dog with his tail between his legs much to the amusement of the three criminals playing poker.

"I still can't believe what I walked into.  Do you even realize what's at stake here?  We don't just have Doomsayer to deal with this week, we're defending the titles again, too."

"ALREADY?!"

"What do you mean?  We haven't defended them since June."

"Huh.  Still feels like yesterday.  I guess it's been slim pickin's in the tag team division as of late?"

"One would only assume…  Anyway–  We have Ned Kaye and Isiah King."

Tango's face distorted in confusion.

"We have them, what?"

Atomic Bat met Tango's face with a similar one.

"As opponents.  We're defending the gold against them."

"OH!  They're a team?!  Geez Louise…  They put up a sign up sheet, or what?"

"I don't know!  It doesn't matter!  All that matters is I need you focused!  Not slaving around to…  those…  Villains!"

"Slaving around?  Cooking relaxes me!  I was in a state of meditation until—"

"Until what?"

"Nothing!  Nothing!"

Atomic Bat sighed and noticed an XWF camera looming above them.

"Look, we have a lot to discuss here, so…  Can we just?"

Tango looked up and adjusted his cowl and cape.

"Ready!"

SUPERHERO POSES : ENGAGED!

“Citizens of the XWF universe!!

Brace yourselves for a showdown like no other!

The Atomic Bat and Blue Tango, the Tag Team Champions, are standing tall, ready to take on all challenges, and our next challenge comes in the form of the valiant duo of Ned Kaye and Isaiah King!  They've chosen to step into the ring with the best of the best. But let's be honest here, they're facing an insurmountable force!  Don't get us wrong; We have the utmost respect for both Ned and Isaiah. They are true warriors of the ring, and their hearts are in the right place. But when it comes to Tag-Team wrestling, there's no denying that The Atomic Bat and Blue Tango are a force to be reckoned with!"

"We've earned these Tag Team Championships through blood, sweat, and tears! We've faced some of the toughest opponents this division has to offer and came out on top every single time… Though nobody ever seems to remember!"

"We've dethroned Raion Kido and Jason Cashe, defended our titles against the fierce Guardian Protection Services, and we've even taken on the supervillain Doomsayer, all while keeping this city safe from crime and chaos!  We are not just superheroes; we are a sensational Tag-Team who can work as a unit to outmaneuver, outsmart, and outperform anyone who dares to step into our path!”

“Ned, you may be a household name, but you've struggled to find your footing in the XWF since day one. Your heart is in the right place, and your dedication to leading by example is admirable, but that alone won't make you a champion."

You see, in the XWF, it takes more than just goodwill and determination to reach the top. It takes skill, technique, and a certain level of ruthlessness to succeed in this cutthroat world of professional wrestling.”

“Ned, your faith in humanity and your belief in doing things the right way, even when it's tough, may be noble, but The Atomic Bat and Blue Tango have faced countless adversaries who thought that their hearts and good intentions would be enough to overcome us. But time and time again, they were proven wrong. Because when you step into the ring with us, you're not just facing any tag team, you're facing two seasoned vigilantes who know the ins and outs of this business as well as we do each other.”

“That's right, AB! We've been through the trenches together, fought against the most cunning villains, and emerged victorious time after time. Our unity as a team, our understanding of each other's strengths and weaknesses, it's what sets us apart and makes us the unstoppable force that we are today.”

“Isaiah, early in your career here, you secured a Television championship win over Michael Graves. However, it didn't last long, and your subsequent reign was even shorter. Let's face the facts here, a couple of short and forgettable singles reigns won't cut it when you're up against the best tag team in the XWF today. While "The Kaye and King Connection" might have a nice ring to it, the reality is that it's merely a name without substance – just like your status as an actual tag team!

During the Leap of Faith match, I observed glimpses of chemistry between you and Ned as you worked together towards your individual goals. But let me be crystal clear, hitting a few moves in sync and wrestling for the XWF Tag Team Championships are two TOTALLY different things! We are an ultimate tag team force, honed through countless battles, victories, and losses that have solidified our bond and sharpened our skills.  Our teamwork is on another level, flowing seamlessly in perfect harmony. When we step into that ring, our unity becomes an unstoppable force, and there's no doubt that we will decimate anyone who stands in our path!”

Tango sounded out and emphasized each of the words.

"DESS-IM-MATE!  ANN-EEEE-ONE!!!  It may have been awhile since the champs have done their sworn duty, but it's not our fault the competition is basically asking if anyone wants to show up to get their cans kicked in.  We'll show up anytime we're asked to.  We answer the call."

"I am curious when the real tag teams will start showing up, though.  Even the last duo that had all that stupid intergalactic stuff going on weren't a real team.  Jay Omega just drug his partner into the ol' XWF a couple days or weeks prior to taking on the champs…  THEN…  They got beamed up by Scotty, or something like that.  They're not around anymore.  Are we literally eliminating the competition?  I may be tooting my own horn here, but it certainly appears that way!  I don't see Raion the Lion pouncing around in fields of daisy's lately and I never really noticed Jason Cashe around anyway.  POOF!  Gone like the wind, they are!"

"Will this be a three-peat?  Don't read into that question too much, I know we'll win..  but are we going to chase Ned and Isiah off campus, too?  I know those guys played patty-cake during War Games a little bit but I watched that circus and the most I saw was a group hurricanrana that had the "Oooh-aaah" effect of four high-divers belly-flopping from the high dive.  Other than that Ned saved a couple of pinfalls, but you guys knew the goal at the end and Mark Flynn was the only one good enough to do it."

"Not a bad thing, though, of course.  Mark Flynn is better than anybody, right?!  That's why the chips fell where they did to begin with cuz Ned was thinking straight for the first time ever.  He was thinking about Ned.  Screw anybody and everybody else because I wanna win baby!  And he kinda did.  Like I did a year prior with Flynn's partner.  What a co-wink-a-dink!"

"It may not sound like a very hero thing to say, but to the right person it is.  Ned Kaye needs to start worrying more about Ned Kaye.  For weeks.  WEEEEEEEEEEKS.  We watch Ned go through rehab.  Watch and rewatch and get reminded over and over again of the death and despair that seems to loom over his head everywhere he goes.  I'm going to buy the poor kid an umbrella, RIGHT after I get a prescription to Zoloft.  Is that Ned's superpower?  Crippling depression?  I was two seconds from calling an 800 number the one night before I remembered I was watching an old promo and not something recent.  Then I kept going and realized…  It doesn't get much better than that.  The same old thing of surrounding himself with all that drama that drains every bit of humanity from him.  It leaves him as a shell that resorted to the liquid devil of all things to ease his pain.  All that did was create a monster didn't it?  And future kidney and liver problems!"

"Wait, wait, wait.  I'm not here to lecture.  But I felt I really connected with Ned Kaye this week.  I never really took the time or bothered with him because we never truly crossed paths before and the guy was so caught up in his own crap that I never really thought we would.  Know what I mean?  Even when he was Bad Ned for a little bit and let the crap get to him, I just looked at him like I do every other bum on the street with bigger fish to fry.  There's always going to be a way bigger, more dangerous, far more nefarious threat out there than little ol' Ned Kaye.  And now that he's crying in the corner again I don't think he's going anywhere, UH-gain…  He had all the momentum you could want coming out of War Games.  He won a couple of matches, one against Bobby Bourbon, then fell flat on his face at Leap of Faith…  Against Bobby Bourbon.  I mean, there's always a lot of factors, especially when it's the Leap of Faith match, itself…  But how deflating!  Ned was already riding a broken bike and now the tires are flat and you expect him to carry Isiah King into a Tag Team Title Match?!"

Tango stared up at the camera with his arms out.

"What the heck, Theo?!"

He looked over to AB who simply gave him back a shrug and motioned him to continue.

"Well, if we're the ones to finally break Ned Kaye I don't want to hear about it later.  The guy was broke when we got him.  Anyway, about him carrying Isiah King; I'm not too awfully worried about this guy, myself.  Isiah KING the KINGslayer.  That's dumb.  Off topic, I wonder how many kings actually lay slain at his feet?  'Cuz I know of about six of them that are still walking around here fine and dandy….  I'm not underestimating him, by any means, AB, but…  C'mon.  We've got three villains inside waiting on a call about the location of a monster that's going to destroy the world!  I'm not worried about some rookie that Ned Kaye might feel lucky with.  Like you said, he's a former TV Champ…  Heck!  I'm a former—  I mean…  I KNOW a former TV….  Nevermind."

Tango grumbled and coughed while pretending to wipe something off his shoulder.

"Hey, fun fact!  Isiah King lost his first TV TItle TO Ned Kaye!"

Tango paused to no applause.

"Not that it matters.  That was months ago and water flows under bridges all the time.  History is history, I suppose, but I still don't think a few minutes in the ring at War Games amounts to the work we've put in as a team in and outside of the ring.  These two truly have no idea what they're going up against and I'm sad that they're going to find out the hard way.  I almost feel like they're being punished in a way, like there's really nothing left for them out there and this is their one, final chance to make something of their endless circle, the non-stop chase, the same old scenery…  Wait..  Didn't we see that tree a few miles back?  A chance to break a cycle that always ends with them on their back and empty handed.  If anyone's noticed yet or needs a reminder, we come well equipped and ready to go each and every time.  There will be no break to any cycle because there is no cycle with us, just a straight, linear line that takes us ahead towards our goals and….  AND….  victory.  We have yet to find a hill we could not climb or a wall that we couldn't blast our way through.  Anything and anyone that has had OR WILL HAVE the bitter luck of landing between us and those goals OR our gold has and WILL find out the hard way that there's nothing keeping us apart."

Tango pointed up to the camera with a snarl on his face and paused.  AB stood with her arms folded against the one railing and watched as he stood for several seconds pointing up to the hovering camera.

"You don't have to do that, you can just stop."         

Meanwhile, just inside……….

*BRRRRRINNG!!*  *BRRRRRRINNG!!!*

An old telephone started to ring from somewhere.  Tango and AB both look around confused then look over to Smoker who can't hide the smile on his face.  He reached inside a brown bag beside him and pulled out an old rotary phone, connected to nothing, and set it on the table as it continued to ring.

"I hope it's who I think it is!"

[Image: 8dDskLd.gif]

In the stillness of the night, Atomic Bat, and her partner, Blue Tango, slinked through the grimy, deteriorating back-alleys of the city.

Their destination?

An abandoned warehouse, rumored to serve as a meeting point for persons of interest in their continued search for Doomsayer, a force of cruelty responsible for the deaths of the vast majority of both the city's villains, and heroes.

The source of this tip?

The Smoker, a maniacal clown known for his erratic nature and nicotine laced trickery.

As our heroes closed in, the eerie silence enveloping the warehouse seemed unusual, even for a villain's rendezvous.

Atomic Bat and Blue Tango moved with calculated precision, their practiced ease highlighting the experience earned from their many nights of fighting as a unit.

Once inside of the warehouse, they shared a perplexed glance.

The quiet was unsettling, and entry far too easy.

Could the Smoker have duped them?

Their doubts were abruptly shattered when harsh fluorescent lights illuminated the vast interior, revealing a rising platform.

Center stage, stood the sneering Doomsayer, decked out in his powerful armor.

A set up!?!

Atomic Bat, her eyes flashing with defiance, shouted at their foe, "Surrender, Doomsayer! Your reign of terror ends tonight!"

Blue Tango confidently nodded in agreement as he stood by his partner at the ready, but instead of fear, a gruff laugh rumbled from Doomsayer. His cold, calculating eyes gleamed ominously at our heroes.

"What naive fools……” Doomsayer mocked calmly.  He remained still and growled a laugh deep within his chest.

Blue Tango, standing shoulder to shoulder with Atomic Bat, felt a shiver run down his spine. His gaze darted around the darkened corners of the warehouse, before ultimately resting on Doomsayer. The blatant confidence of their adversary was daunting, and for a moment, Blue Tango questioned their odds.

But Atomic Bat remained unyielding. “Do you hear me?!  Surrender now!” She said, meeting Doomsayers gloating gaze with a fire in her eyes.Your evil plans have been foiled, Doomsayer!”

Doomsayer paused as he gazed at Atomic Bat with a bemused smile. “My dear, your narrow perspective is truly charming. My plans? Evil? Far from it! I plan to establish peace and harmony in this universe! A world where disorder, anarchy, and miscreants like you will cease to exist!”

A flicker of resolve sparked back into Blue Tango’s eyes. His gaze shifted from his friend to their formidable foe. “Let’s do this!”

They launched forward in unison, a coordinated front against Doomsayer, but they were suddenly halted when an intimidating figure emerged from the shadows.

[Image: Vain4.jpg]

Taken aback by the sudden appearance of the resurrected Vain, Atomic Bat and Blue Tango take a moment to assess their new adversary.

Even with his enhanced monstrous form, they are far from shaken.  Blue Tango shouted after him, "Vain?!  You're supposed to be dead!"

The apparently resurrected monster, Vain, responded with a gurgled roar that shook the walls.  Atomic Bat wasted no time and made the first move. With otherworldly agility, she vaulted towards him, her cape flaring out behind her.

Vain, however, was ready and swung a gargantuan fist at her, but she twisted in mid-air, evading his counterattack with grace!

As she landed on the warehouse floor, Blue Tango lunged at the behemoth.

Blue Tango's approach was more confrontational and direct.

He went headfirst, employing the basics of boxing rather than the supernatural finesse of his partner.

He hurled himself at Vain, fists flying, punching and jabbing at any opening he could find.

Yet, subduing Vain was no simple task, even before his resurrection. His retaliatory strikes now were so powerful they seemed to threaten the very stability of the warehouse itself.

"Bat! We need a strategy!" Blue Tango hollered as he skillfully deflected Vain's terrifyingly forceful strikes.

Atomic Bat was in constant motion, circling the combatants and scanning for an opportunity as Blue Tango danced a deadly dance of evasion and deflection.

Vain's formidable attacks seemed to dwindle in intensity as the fight wore on, but at the press of a button, an Egotist Elixir was pumped into his veins to renewed vigor.

That was the moment of realization.

"Maintain your current strategy!" Atomic Bat shouted to Blue Tango, already firing her grappling gun and disappearing into the overhead darkness.

"WHAT!?! I'M NOT SURE HOW MUCH MORE OF THIS I CAN TAKE!" Blue Tango's voice echoed around the warehouse, even as he narrowly evaded another of Vain's devastating swipes.

Vain's attacks became increasingly sluggish and less precise as Blue Tango continued his evasion.

From her perch in the shadows, Atomic Bat watched intently, timing her intervention perfectly.

With the agility of a predator, she launched herself from the darkness, ripping away the hose providing Vain with the Narcissus Nectar fueling his increased strength.

Using Vain's head as a stepping stone, Atomic Bat fired back into the sky, descending gracefully onto a stack of crates.

Her intervention provided the necessary distraction for Blue Tango to land a forceful uppercut, temporarily stunning the towering Vain.

Atomic Bat quickly seized the opening created by their teamwork as she vaulted from the top of the towering pile of crates, her legs tucked tight against her body, soaring through the air towards her target.

And with an explosive force, she fired her feet into the chest of Vain with her powerful Bat Stomp, landing it with devastating precision and sending the villain crashing into a wall where he lay motionless.

Our heroes stood panting under the harsh warehouse lights.  After their triumph, they turned to face Doomsayer once more, but he'd vanished with no sign of him.  Just as they came together, several vines burst through the walls and crates and wrapped themselves around the two heroes, lifting them high into the air!

"What's going on?!"

Another mysterious figure emerged from the shadows and revealed themselves.  Tango shouted in disbelief!

"Toxicity?!"

Toxicity was another off and on foe of the Blue Tango's.  One who also perished in the villain genocide by Doomsayer.

"What?!  You're alive again, too?!  What's going on?!"

She said nothing and approached Atomic Bat and Blue Tango who still hovered in the air under "her" grasp…  Suddenly, flowers began to spontaneously burst out of the concrete floor and walls and bloom to extreme size.  Toxicity stood by, motioning with her hands, orchestrating the entire thing.

It had to have been hundreds of large, pink and yellow flowers that surrounded our heroes.  They stood by and watched as the warehouse became like a rainforest around them…  When suddenly the flowers around them all burst and a sparkly dust blew into the air.

"Tango!  Hold your breath!  It's some kind of toxin!  Don't!  Don't…  Don….."

There was no stopping it.  The heroes were equipped with gas masks and all the jazz but there was no way to activate them while in the current situation…  They succumbed to the dust and lost consciousness as the newly resurrected(?) Toxicity hummed and continued to orchestrate the nature around them.

TO BE CONTINUED…?
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like The Blue Tango's post:
Christian_Andrews (08-08-2023), Theo Pryce (09-04-2023)