Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 02:02 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: If XWF was to move to 1 bi-weekly show would you want it on Wednesday or Saturday?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Wednesday
23.53%
4 23.53%
Saturday
76.47%
13 76.47%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As a follow Up...
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

10-27-2022, 10:52 AM

As a follow up to the Where's The Love post I made a week or two ago. One of the ideas we are tossing around is having just one bi-weekly show moving forward. What that would look like in terms of rp limits/word caps etc is still very much in the air and even the notion of having 1 show is not settled. It's among the many options we are discussion. But I did want to put out a poll to get some feedback. I think I already know the answer based on the other thread and what was said to me privately but I would like to confirm that so please vote. No need to explain your answer a simple vote will do and please only vote once.

Also expect more polls in the future. I may do a new poll each week tackling one potential issue. 

The next one will be: Auto Book Yay or Nay. No need to respond to that topic know, there will be a time for that later but I want to try and drill down on a lot of the things people said so we can make the most informed decision possible while also recognizing that no matter what we do it won't work for everyone. There is no perfect solution imo.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
"Venom" Xavier Lux (10-28-2022), Jason Cashe (10-27-2022)
Jason Cashe Online
Champions get their name in red!
TITLE - The TV Champion

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

10-27-2022, 10:55 AM

*Shrugs* Whatever works for staff. 
Hate Post Like Post
Goth Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

10-27-2022, 11:05 AM

voted for wednesday, but i can adapt to what the majority wants. It's just easier for me seeing SCW where i also rp for has the deadline set on friday. giving me time to space things more for xwf depending on whether im double booked and if i have to do one or more rps. so yeah
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

10-27-2022, 02:27 PM

My opinion on keeping Wednesday is that folks will have two full weekends to get their shit in as well as have actual lives. If it's easier for you to post your RP on Friday, you still can! Remember - no one HAS to wait until deadline day.

Warfare has always been the primary brand of the XWF. Savage was added a few years ago. When I first joined in 2014 it was Madness and Warfare, and then Madness kinda went away - so there's some precedent there.

We would still keep the TV title getting defended on every show, so it won't lose activity there.

This is more of a "combining" the two shows than getting rid of one of them, IMO, it's essentially going to end up with the same workload and same number of total matches - just all together rather than split up.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Charlie Nickles (10-27-2022), Unknown Soldier (10-28-2022)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

10-27-2022, 03:03 PM

I would be concerned about getting a little too AEW-ish if we had the uni, the supercon, the xtreme, and the tv title all on the same show. Kind of seems like too many belts for one progrum'.

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charlie Nickles's post:
King Kieran (10-27-2022)
Prince Adeyemi Offline
The Heir Apparent
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

10-27-2022, 07:29 PM

(10-27-2022, 03:03 PM)Charlie Nickles Said: I would be concerned about getting a little too AEW-ish if we had the uni, the supercon, the xtreme, and the tv title all on the same show. Kind of seems like too many belts for one progrum'.

I think this might work if the titles had a clear promo/roleplay type to them rather than a tiered system. Hard to have 4 tiers, but much easier to have 4 types of roleplayers? 

Long-form stories, trash-talk, just verbal promo... etc?
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Prince Adeyemi's post:
Charlie Nickles (10-27-2022)
"Venom" Xavier Lux Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

10-28-2022, 09:56 AM

(10-27-2022, 02:27 PM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: My opinion on keeping Wednesday is that folks will have two full weekends to get their shit in as well as have actual lives. If it's easier for you to post your RP on Friday, you still can! Remember - no one HAS to wait until deadline day.

Warfare has always been the primary brand of the XWF. Savage was added a few years ago. When I first joined in 2014 it was Madness and Warfare, and then Madness kinda went away - so there's some precedent there.

We would still keep the TV title getting defended on every show, so it won't lose activity there.

This is more of a "combining" the two shows than getting rid of one of them, IMO, it's essentially going to end up with the same workload and same number of total matches - just all together rather than split up.

So potentially, it could be Saturday Night Warfare, to keep the original show name on a new night.

[Image: XavierLux2023.png]

In XWF:
13-10-1 
0-4 in PPVs
0-3 in Title Shots

Before XWF: 
3x NLW World Heavyweight Champion
1x OCW World Heavyweight Champion
2x GCWA Tag Team Champion
1x OCW Savage Champion
2x NLW Path of Destiny Champion
1x OCW Paradigm Champion
NLW Hall of Fame
Hate Post Like Post
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Offline
EOL15072023

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

10-28-2022, 10:17 AM

"Venom" Xavier Lux Said: So potentially, it could be Saturday Night Warfare, to keep the original show name on a new night.

Ew.
Hate Post Like Post
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

10-28-2022, 10:26 AM

I'm of the opinion that if we switch to one show on Saturday, we either keep the Savage name or create an entirely new name to respect the combining of the two shows.

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

10-28-2022, 11:30 AM

Saturday Night Savage Warfare

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
Prince Adeyemi (10-28-2022)
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Offline
EOL15072023

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

10-28-2022, 11:31 AM

(10-28-2022, 11:30 AM)Theo Pryce Said: Saturday Night Savage Warfare
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes (Gravy_Xtreme_5000)'s post:
Charlie Nickles (10-28-2022)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

10-28-2022, 12:33 PM

(10-27-2022, 02:27 PM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: My opinion on keeping Wednesday is that folks will have two full weekends to get their shit in as well as have actual lives. If it's easier for you to post your RP on Friday, you still can! Remember - no one HAS to wait until deadline day.

I struggle with your first point as well. Just because the deadline is Friday or Tuesday doesn't mean you HAVE to wait until the last minute but it does seem like no matter what fed you are in or what event you are rping for 95% of the rps come in on deadline day. Errbody a procrastinator I guess. 

Regarding the title thing. Like Lane said, the TV will continue to be defended on every show but others like the Uni, X, Supercon, those are all probably once a month titles. Or maybe the Uni is PPV's only. Or PPV's and one show in between, I don't know. Like I said we are weighing a lot of different options and will likely be doing polls for different things. 

I do think this poll however is pretty clear that if we move to one show, the preferred weekend is Friday. Sorry for the 2 or 3 of you who voted for mid week.
Hate Post Like Post
Prince Adeyemi Offline
The Heir Apparent
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

10-28-2022, 09:47 PM

(10-28-2022, 11:30 AM)Theo Pryce Said: Saturday Night Savage Warfare

Saturday Night Sagfare (pronounced saj*)

Also Saturday Night Vagfare.
Hate Post Like Post