Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:04 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Identity Crisis!
The Blue Tango Offline
HERO

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-10-2021, 07:11 PM

“Sometimes you wear a mask so long, you forget you who were beneath it.”

[Image: KXK20Kt.png]

The pale glow from the Tango-puter lights up Calypso’s masked face as he sits in the darkness on his bathroom floor in his underwear. He clicks around the laptop on his crossed-legs and rubs his right temple through the eye-hole of his mask.

“This just doesn’t make any sense…”

Calypso says out loud in a deep, raspy voice. The camera slowly pans around behind him and looks at the screen from over his shoulder. We are now looking at two side-by-side pictures of Micheal Graves. One of old and one from just the other day. Calypso leans back against the cabinet below the sink and sighs.

“Why would you do it, Graves? Why take off the mask? Why now?”

He clicks away the picture on the screen and brings up a video of Graves bound in chains.

“What’s this?”

The video plays and Calypso watches several trained riflemen all aim their weapons towards him. Zooming in on the video, he sees that Graves remains to sit calmly while being restrained before he begins reacting strangely. Graves howls and barks at the full moon shown behind him on the footage and Calypso is horrified. He pauses the video and gets up from the floor.

“No. This can’t be…”

Calypso clicks off the video and switches to another with Graves standing in front of several members of the NRA.

“The NRA?! What are you up to Graves….?”

Before the video shows the conclusion where Graves is hunted by the NRA members and actually turns into a werewolf, Calypso ends the video by closing his laptop.

“I need answers… And there’s only one place… One person I know to get them from…”

[Image: 8dDskLd.gif]

The scene opens back up to Vinnie Lane lounging back on a chair beside a swimming pool. Time slows down as Roxy Cotton pulls herself out of the water and rests her butt on the edge and twirls her hair around shaking the wet out of it.
”Lookin’ good babe!”

Vinnie says, peeking above his sunglasses.

“How are you on the White Claw?”

Roxy grabs the empty White Claw sitting nearby and holds it upside down with a pouty face.

“I’m on it!”

Vinnie springs out of the chair and trots in his flip flops across the patio to a screen door that he slides to the side. He tosses two empty cans into a bin specifically for recyclables and opens up the refrigerator.

“Why did he do it, Lane?”

Vinnie bumps his head off the top of the opening in the fridge and drops several cans of White Claw. One even burst open on the floor and started spraying everywhere! In a panic, Vinnie grabs the can and tosses it into the sink from a distance then looks around for the low, raspy voice coming from the shadows.

“Hello? Who is that?!”

The Blue Tango takes a step forward and reveals himself.

“Calypso?”

“Blue Tango!”

Vinnie looks dumb.

“Uh, oh yeah, right…. Why are you talking like that?”

“It’s how I talk. Answer the question, though… Why did he do it?”

“WHO?!”

“Graves.”

Vinnie’s dumb look turned to a worrisome one.

[b]“Gawd damn it… … What’d he do now? Do I even want to know? Yes tell me. No, Don't tell me. We’ve had six lawyers quit already because of the crap from before..”

“He removed his mask.”

"He what?"

"He took off his mask. He doesn't wear it anymore."

“Oh. Dude, THAT'S what this is about? Man, I don’t know. Who cares? That guy does… Well… Let’s just say he’s done things in the past that raise a lot more questions. Nothing to do with his attire, I’ll tell ya. Well... No. Never mind.”

Roxy walks into the house the same way Vinnie did.

“Hey, babe, what’s the— Who’s that?”

Tango puffs his chest out and stands straight up.

“‘Member Calypso?”

Tango coughs and scoffs.

“I mean, the Blue Tango.”

“Afternoon, ma’am!”

Tango gives her a short salute. Roxy stares at the two of them for a moment and without saying another word, grabs the White Claw on the counter, rolls her eyes and heads back outside.

“I see he is doing business with the National Rifle Association, as well. Is he into dealing arms now? It makes me question what other no-good, rotten stuff this guy could be up to.”

Vinnie scoffs back at him.

“You have no idea… But about the NRA thing… I, uh, might have a little bit to do with that.”

“He’s selling weapons on the streets, isn’t he?”

“What? No. Well, maybe? I wouldn’t hold it past him, I guess… But, uh, honestly, uhh… I sent the guy there to sign a few autographs.”

“You sent him to an NRA meeting to sign autographs? Since when do we do that?”

Vinnie shrugs.

“I dunno. We’ll, uh, set that up anywhere if the demand is high enough, ya know? And those NRA-freaks really wanted some time with Micheal Graves….”

There’s a pause and an awkward silence between the two of them for a few seconds.

“Anyway, dude, I have a lot of work to do today…”

“Vinnie…. I’m burning up! I need your help with my back, please! You and your XWF friend should wrap it up!”

Roxy can be heard yelling from out by the pool. She DOES look in distress with arms too short to reach the center of her back. Vinnie smiles and points his thumb out towards his lady by the pool and looks back to his uninvited guest.

“See? Hey! Now, where’d you go?!”

Tango is no longer standing in the kitchen with Vinnie. In fact, he’s no longer in the house at all.

”I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.”

[Image: 8dDskLd.gif]

Vinnie’s not telling me something. I have a sixth sense for that type of thing… He’s holding back and I’m sure if I kept at it I would’ve gotten the answers I was looking for… But today, apparently, wasn't the day.

I’m going to have an opportunity to get real up close and personal with Graves coming up. Saturday Night Savage will see me facing off against the new #1 Contender for the Television Championship! Yeah, been there done that, bruh, and let me tell ya… It’s nothing to get too excited about.

Have you noticed the turnover rate of that title?

It’s absolutely insane. Look at the past year and the ten whole champions we’ve had… TEN! That’s almost one a month, dude… And it’s not like the list of names is anything to sneeze at either! Corey Smith had it less than a month. Bob Bourbon had it less than a month. Crikey, the #5 All-Time Kid’s Personal Choice Awards on Twitter only had the title for just short of a month. Now, we’ve got Charlie Nickles… THE NICKLEMAN…. Probably doing unspeakables to the poor pieces of gold and leather every night and several times a day… Man…

Now take this from a former champion, himself. I’ve witnessed the curse FIRST HAND. I had the title for a little less than two weeks before the Universe decided that it was time for another one. What will the Universe decide THIS week?! Or next? Or come the pay-per-view when Graves finally gets his shot? Do you think you have what it takes, Graves? I mean, I’ve seen you take some nasty falls in the past… And lemme tell ya, consider Calypso as a rite of passage, if you will, into that Television Division! My reign may not have been a Marf reign or anything, but it was impactful! I defeated N.A.Z.I. who defeated Chris Chaos who defeated Drew Archyle… and the list goes on. That makes me better than all of those folks, right? Then again, I lost it to Abigail Monroe who lost it to Damon Tyler who then lost it to Mastermind.

Nevermind.

My point is, our number one contender for the TV TItle is apparently going through some identity crisis right now. And I didn’t even want to bring up to Vinnie the weird stuff with the chains and guns I saw on the last video… Is Graves some kind of monster, too? Is that why he no longer wears the mask? Because he doesn’t want to rip it or ruin it when he transitions into whatever abomination he becomes?

I don’t understand… But I’ll find answers. I’ll find out why, Graves… Even if I get pinned trying….

[Image: vXer9Ro.gif]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like The Blue Tango's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-11-2021), Billy B. Blankenship (12-10-2021), JimCaedus (12-11-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (12-10-2021), Vita Frickin Valenteen (12-10-2021)