Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:28 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
New Flames: RP #3
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-06-2021, 06:31 PM

Woolworth Tower || Tribeca - New York City || 11:21 AM

Laying here in my bed and staring at the ceiling, I’m unable to wipe the smile from my face. Men and women have needs and despite those needs being met, that’s not the reason for my happiness. Looking to my right… that’s the reason. Brandon was kind and understanding of my initial awkwardness. He’s a sweet guy and after last night on my car, I brought him home to New York with me. It’s the city that never sleeps and we gave that moniker a run for its money.

I don’t know how to explain what it is I’m feeling and to be perfectly honest with myself, I’m not exactly sure what I’m feeling. Brandon crossed off a few ‘firsts’ in our short but oh so sweet time together. Traditionally, I’m not a real slutty guy so that was the first time I slept with someone I’d just met. On top of that, I’d never bring someone into my home this quickly. Neither here nor in Connecticut. It just begs questions that I’m never prepared to answer about my life.

It sounds crazy, I know, but I’m entirely taken with him. He just has this ability to make you feel comfortable with him the moment he utters his first word and its equal parts exciting and terrifying. He didn’t know who I was so I’m at least convinced that whatever this is doesn’t have anything to do with who I am, what I have or what I can do for him. That’s a refreshing change of pace. Don’t get me wrong, I’d give anything to anyone, but I’d be lying if I said it didn’t hurt when people revealed their intent to be ‘what can you do for me’. Despite my flaws and my mistakes, I am a good person. I deserve better than that and it’s high time I start standing up for myself in that regard.

Watching him sleep, I start to wonder what the future holds for us. Was it a one time… well, one night thing? One time passed by eight hours ago. There had been several times since. Or is this something more? Similarly, I felt the same way when I first got with Elizabeth but I don’t remember feeling quite this great. It’s nothing against her, she’s a wonderful woman and a great mom to our kids. She was exactly what I needed, at the time.

Brandon opens his eyes and blinks several times in an effort to clear his vision.

”Good morning,” I say to him and at the sound of my voice, he smiles wide.

”It was real,” he says as he moves closer to me. ”Thought it was a wild crazy dream or something. I’m happy to know it wasn’t.”

His unencumbered thoughts cause me to chuckle a bit. ”Is that funny to you?” he asks as he runs his fingers through his hair.

”No,” I answer honestly. ”It’s just usually me that’s all gushy feely. It’s a nice change of pace.”

”So uhhh,” Brandon begins as he snuggles right up next to me. ”You wanna,” he says with a kiss on my chin. ”Like,” another kiss. ”Go for round 12 or whatever it is?” he concludes with another kiss.

His question makes me laugh a bit. ”I would absolutely love that,” I answer him. ”But we can’t.”

He sighs a deep sigh and rolls off of my chest.

”My son will be here in a few minutes,” I explain.

”Oh my god, should I even be here?” he asks as he sits up on the bed.

”I appreciate that,” I tell him. ”Being concerned over what a ten year old might think is pretty much what I go through every second of every day. Relax though,” I say as he lays his head back down on my chest. ”I hide nothing from him.”

”Not even partners?” he asks with some dubiousness in his voice.

”This is uncharted territory actually,” I admit to him freely. ”I’ve never really been this promiscuous.”

”Awww so I’m not just a notch on your bedpost?” he asks, somehow snuggling even closer to me.

”They’re very lonely notches.”

”That’s kind of surprising,” he says after a kiss on my chest.

”Why?” I ask of him as I start to twirl his hair in my fingers

”Looking the way you do,” he begins to answer. ”I kind of figured you’d have your pick of pretty much whoever you wanted.”

”I prefer much deeper connections.”

”Well I think you succeeded,” he jokes.

”Shut up,” I say with a laugh just as my phone rings with a Zoom call.

”Is that your son?” he asks a bit worriedly as he sits up again.

”No,” I reply as I sit up and put my feet on the floor. ”It’s my baby momma,” I say with a smile.

”Hey can I shower real quick?” he asks.

”Of course you can,” I answer him. ”If you want a change of clothes, the closet is right over there. Wear whatever you want.”

He hops off the bed entirely naked and I can’t help but watch him a second.

”Your phone hun,” he says as he disappears into the bathroom with a seductive kick out of his hip and a giant smile.

”Hey,” I answer my phone, all smiles.

”How was your night?”

”Started out shitty, but...” my voice trails off as I start to reminisce a little. ”It ended fucking incredibly.

“How are my babies?”
I ask, quickly trying to change the subject.

”They’re fine,” she says with a bit of dread in her voice. ”I take it you and Garrett hit it off again huh?”

”Fuck no,” I answer with a laugh. ”I hit it off with someone else though, but let’s not talk about that. I don’t wanna upset you.”

”No its fine hun. Just as long as you’re happy,” Liz says, at least sounding sincere. ”Did you...”

”Mmmhmm.”

”Wow,” she says with a raise of her eyebrows. ”This girl must be special. It took me months to get into your pants.”

”He,” I correct her assumption. ”And Brandon is… different.”

”What about Garrett?”

”What about him?” I ask with animosity evident in my voice.

”Y’know I debated telling you at the time but decided against it,” she prefaces, piquing my interest.

”Tell me what?”

”You remember when we split up the first time?” I nod my head in response. ”You remember when I came home and as soon as we got home I went into town to see Garrett?” Again I nod. ”I’m sorry I never told you, but he threatened me.”

”He what?” I ask angrily.

”I told him to stay out of our lives and he flat out told me he’d use your volatile emotions to manipulate you anytime he felt like it.”

Saying nothing, I can feel the redness bubbling to the surface on my face.

”He legit made himself cry as he acted out a scene in which he’d cause you to come running to him,” she explains further. ”That boy is a sociopath and if you’re not with me, I’m glad you’re not with him because I don’t know if that’s something I could handle.”

”Why did you never tell me that?” I ask of her as the fury within starts to boil over.

”I didn’t think I’d need to.”

”Y’know, the only reason he invited me yesterday was to use my wallet for backstage passes?”

”I’m sorry baby,” she replies sincerely. ”You didn’t do it did you?”

I shake my head. ”No, but I used some connections so that I could meet her,” I say with a sly grin and she laughs. ”I found out he’s been showing private pics of me to his fucking friends,” I say with a sigh.

”Aww honey I’m sorry.”

”He let me delete them though,” I tell her as my anger starts to subside some. ”And he’s a paranoid little twit so he doesn’t use the cloud. Unless he backed them up on a card or something, I’m probably safe.”

”Brandon?” she says, causing me confusion for a moment. Turning around, Brandon is standing there naked and dripping wet as he towels his hair.

”Oh my God it’s a video call!” he cries out as he quickly retreats back into the bathroom.

”Thad… good job, he’s cute!”

”He really is,” I agree.

”Thank you,” he calls out from the other side of the bathroom door.

”And judging by what I just saw, he’s got some goods too,” she says with a raise of one eyebrow. To which, I neither confirm nor deny. ”Who has more, you or him?”

”Liz!?” I cry out with laughter. ”I’m not answering that.”

”Him,” Brandon answers her, still hiding in the bathroom.

”I’m not sure I should tell you this part but…”

”It’s not Garrett so you can pretty much tell me anything and I’ll be fine with it,” she says in an effort to reassure me.

”Well, I don’t really know how to put it into words, but… he just makes me feel incredible about myself.”

”Awwwww!” again, from behind the door.

”Shush, you!”

She smiles in response but says nothing.

”What Liz?”

”Nothing,” she lies. ”It’s just really nice to see you smiling and happy again.”

Turning myself on the bed so that all she can see behind me is the wall. ”Brandon I moved, you can come out and she can’t see nothin’.” Liz giggles and Brandon opens the door a crack, looks at me, then swings the door wide open. He stands in the doorway looking at me and I give him a once over with my eyes. Then another and a third.

”What?”

”You should probably put some clothes on,” I say to him. ”You’re making me real fucking hungry and we don’t have time,” I tell him, momentarily forgetting I’m on the phone. He smiles wide as he disappears into the closet.

”Brandon honey,” she says, reminding me she’s there. ”I’ll warn you that he has a rather ferocious appetite for... activities.”

”Oh good,” he replies as he walks out wearing my pink ‘Shit Happens’ hoodie and a pear of my Wranglers.

”Thad, give me to Brandon please,” she insists and I look at him. He shrugs so I hand him my phone.

”Elizabeth, right?” he inquires.

”Liz is fine honey, but listen,” she prefaces. ”There’s a lot about Thad that you don’t know yet and I know that because you two have only known each other less than a day and if he was telling you everything, he’d still be talking.

“What I’m saying Brandon, is don’t be intimidated. He’s a sweet man and once you’re in, you’re in for life as long as you don’t take his loyalty for granted like some people we won’t mention.

“Garrett,”
she says under her breath.

”Well to be honest I’m a little uneasy talking to one of his exes right now,” he admits.

”It doesn’t have to be that way,” she says in her calming nature. ”What he and I had was great in its own way and it still is. I consider myself a really good judge of character which is why I didn’t like Garrett almost right away and also why I do like you. In some ways, you remind me a lot of Thaddeus when I was getting to know him.”

”Thank you for saying so,” Brandon says with a sweet little smile.

”He’s an easy man to like and to love so, I just wanted to make sure you knew that I’m okay with you being in his life. And not that either of you need my blessing, but if you’re in his life then by default you’re in our kids’ lives too.”

”I can respect that,” he replies.

”He’s also frustrating as hell sometimes...”

”Hey!”

”Brandon, I’m just saying he’s worth the trouble,” she concludes as the babies start crying somewhere in the background. ”Okay I gotta run. Thad’s demon spawn need fed, but honey I look forward to meeting you in person sometime real soon.”

”I’d really like that,” he says with a sweet little smile while handing my phone back.

”Bye guys.”

”I’ll call you later,” I say as we mutually end the call.

”She seems really nice, how come it didn’t work out?” he asks.

”She’s great honestly,” I answer without answering. ”Is this something you want to pursue?” I ask of him and looks at me. ”She’s right, there’s a lot for you to learn and it’s overwhelming even for me sometimes and I’m fucking used to it. So like, if you’re hesitant or if you think it might all be too much for you then...”

Before I could finish, he grabs my face and pulls me into a kiss. A few moments later, he releases me with a nibble of my lower lip.

”...then I’ll understand,” I finally conclude.

”Does that ease your fears?”

”Not really,” I answer him truthfully. In response, he reaches his hand under the blanket and into my sweatpants. ”Maybe it’s just lust.”

”Can’t it be both pursuit and lust?” he asks as the doorbell rings. ”Oh my god is that your son?” he asks as he continues things.

”Not a chance,” I answer him. ”Frankie barges in like an adorable little wrecking ball.”

Again, the doorbell. This time, several times and Brandon removes his hand from my nether regions.

”That’s gonna hurt for awhile,” I tell him as I get out of bed and start for the door.

”I’ll make up for it later,” he calls after me as I start heading downstairs.

”I very much look forward to it,” I yell back to him.

Leaving him behind, in just my sweatpants I head down the two flights of stairs to the entry area of the penthouse as whomever is here, rings a couple more times. Opening my front door, I’m both surprised and dismayed to see Garrett standing on the other side. He looks pissed and pushes right past me and into my place.

”Nice to see you too G,” I say sarcastically.

”What the fuck man?” he asks angrily. ”You ditched me and my friends in the middle of fucking no where! Why would you do that?”

Looking him in the face and thinking about how to respond and in what manner, I decide on a fuck you approach to his madness. ”Something came up,” I reply in jest.

”Really?” he asks sarcastically. ”Something came up and you didn’t have time to shoot me a text and say it’s time to go?”

”That’s exactly what I’m saying Garrett,” I say while pointing to my crotch. ”And before I forget...”

SMACK!

Using my right hand, I club his left ear and he falls to the floor in shock as he rubs his ear and the side of his head. ”What the fuck was that for!?” he cries out as he starts to climb back to his feet.

”For making me think you were my friend,” I answer him calmly.

”I am your friend!” he protests.

”Yeah? Friends don’t blackmail other friends under the threat of exposure...”

”Ancient history...”

”Friends don’t use their friends unstable mental state to help them cheat on their girlfriend...”

”You wanted it that night as much as I did and I apologized...”

”Friends don’t invite their friends to a concert only to ask them to fork over a thousand dollars at the last minute for backstage passes...”

”You’re still on that? Seriously?”

”Friends don’t show their friends private pics to strangers as if they were some kind of fucking trophy...”

”I’m sorry! Jesus!” he continues to protest. ”I let you delete them. How many times do I have to apologize for...”

”And in recent developments I’ve just learned of, friends don’t threaten the pregnant girlfriends of their friends.”

Silence.

”Tell me it isn’t true,” I insist as I grab him by his shirt and slam him into my front door.

”Oh,” he says as he rubs the back of his head. ”I see the real reason you ditched me,” he says as he looks passed me. Turning my head, Brandon stands in the middle of the stairs watching.

”This doesn’t have anything to do with him,” I say, returning my attention to Garrett. ”Is it true or not? Did you threaten Elizabeth when she was pregnant with my children!?”

”It wasn’t like that!” he protests as I move him aside and open the door, then shove him toward it. ”She’s fucking lying!”

”Bad answer man,” I say with a shake of my head. ”This is your opportunity to defend yourself Garrett, so take it.”

She threatened me first! I’m sure she omitted that part Thad! She embarrassed me in front of my employees by shoving me over a chair!”

”So your only course of action was to threaten the mother of my children?” I ask of him calmly.

”I just wanted her to back off! I’d have never done anything...”

”You know me Garrett! NOBODY! Threatens someone I love.”

”But you love me too,” he protests some more. In response, I shake my head.

”Only one of you has ever lied to me and it sure as hell isn’t Liz.”

He stands in a bit of stunned silence for a moment.

”This is your cue to leave Garrett. I’d advise you to take it,” I tell him as he defiantly takes a step forward. ”I don’t know what it is we had man, but it wasn’t love and it sure isn’t loyalty. At least not from you to me.

“This is the end of the line man. You’ve proved your disloyalty despite my willingness to give you so many chances. I’m not innocent either, but I’ve always owned up to my faults as a man. Don’t ever come back here again.”

”You deserved anything I put you through,” he says quietly but defensively. ”I thought you were dead and you just went on for six months allowing me to believe it.”

”That’s fair,” I admit freely.

”And to be honest...”

”Now that would be a refreshing change of pace,” I interrupt before urging him to continue.

”Even if you hadn’t done that, I’d probably still do it all again,” he continues. ”Maybe you want to hit me now so I urge you to do it, Thaddeus. This is your last chance to show me how you really feel.

“See, I have ways of getting exactly what I want that don’t involve violence. I use my brain to do it and I chose you. I wanted you. And I got what I wanted and who’s to say in six months it won’t happen again,”
he says loud enough for Brandon to hear.

”Trust me, that’s not gonna happen,” I say as I shove him out of the door and into the hallway.

”We’ll see Thad,” he says confidently.

”The last person you want to reveal sinister intentions to, is the intended victim dumbass,” I say with my anger at him starting to reach critical mass. Like an idiot, he throws a punch at me striking me in the side of the face. He’s not a fighter and never has been. It didn’t hurt.

”Ahh fuck,” he says as he shakes his right hand.

”Was that a goodbye kiss?” I ask him mockingly.

”You wanna hit me Thad? Do it!” he insists.

”I’ve wanted to hit you since yesterday when I picked you up,” I answer him honestly. ”Not really a fair fight though.”

”THEN DO IT!” he screams in my face.

”If you insist,” I say with a sigh.

THWAP!

Thump.

I’d like to say that I feel like shit for doing that, but I really don’t.

”You knocked him out,” Brandon says as he approaches and peers over my shoulder at the out cold Garrett Wentworth.

”Yeah but it felt really good,” I reply as I close the door. Grabbing me by the hand, he pulls me through the house. ”Where are we going?”

”To make you feel even better,” he answers causing me to laugh.

”We can’t, Frankie should’ve already been home by now,” I protest as he shoves me gently onto the sofa.

”Baby I’mma pro. I know how to make it real quick.” he says while snapping his fingers.

I wanted to let him, but I didn’t. I couldn’t. The sofa is like fifteen feet from the front door and as I told him, Frankie barges in. Instead, I took a quick cold shower in anticipation of Frankie’s arrival while Brandon toured the penthouse. Awhile back, I had my wrestling trophies and memorabilia moved here from the Compound. When I come back downstairs, that’s where I find him – in my trophy room. I enter as he’s eyeballing my title belts.

”You’re… rather accomplished for...” his voice trails off as he looks at me. ”How old are you?”

”22,” I answer with a smile. ”It’s true though. I am rather talented,” I joke causing him to chuckle.

”In a lot of ways apparently,” he jokes back. ”I used to watch wrestling when I was younger. I kind of grew out of it.”

”What we do in the XWF is a lot different than the shit you see on USA and TNT,” I try to explain to him and he just looks at me with a puzzled expression. ”It’s a shoot,” I say to him, only then realizing he probably doesn’t know the terminology. ”It’s another way of saying real, not predetermined.”

”What’s a Universal champion?” he asks as he reaches for said title belt before taking a look at me as if to ask ‘can I?’ I nod.

”It’s a world championship,” I answer him.

”Jesus it’s heavy,” he says as he just about drops it after lifting it from it’s display cradle.

”The lions on the side plates probably add ten pounds.”

”Yeah what’s up with the lions anyway?”

”My nickname is the Lionheart,” I answer him. ”It’s sort of a way of life rather than a nickname, but the reality is its just a play on words from my actual name.”

He unsnaps the straps and lays the title on my shoulder. Instinctively, I hold it in place with my left hand as if I were about to walk through the curtain. ”Man I need pics of you wearing it.”

”There’s thousands of them in circulation,” I respond with a smile.

”I meant wearing only that,” he returns a smile.

”Nope,” I reply quickly. ”No pictures like that.” That’s a mistake that only needs made once.

”There’s a lot about you I don’t know,” Brandon says as I hand the title back to him and he begins to place it back in its cradle.

”THAD!?” Frankie calls from the entryway.

”In here,” I call out to him.

”If you let me, I’m looking forward to learning it.”

I only nod and give him a gentle kiss on his forehead.

”Thad… hey who’s this?” he asks as he enters the room and eyes Brandon.

”Frankie, this is Brandon,” I answer the boy. ”Brandon, this is the incomparable Francis Robert Duke. The real star of my show.”

”Yeah that’s kinda true, isn’t it?” Frankie jokes as he shakes Brandon’s hand.

”Frankie it’s a real pleasure to meet you,” Brandon says.

”Stick around awhile, you’ll probably change your mind,” he quips, causing Brandon and I both to laugh. ”Thad, is there some reason Garrett’s asleep in the hallway?”

”He’s still out there?” I ask as I make my way toward the front door. ”I guess he needed a nap or something,” I say facetiously as I open the door to see Garrett still lying there. Stepping into the hall, I reach down and slap him hard in the face.

”Hey that felt good too,” I say to Brandon who stands in the doorway. Garrett shoots his eyes open and blinks several times looking up at me. ”Collect yourself and get the fuck out of here,” I tell him before retreating back inside the penthouse.

For what it’s worth, I’m over the moon. Brandon is really easy to like and the funny thing is, he just kind of fell into my lap… and that’s not a euphemism. I’m just saying that I wasn’t even looking for anyone and while I’m sitting there by a fire and stewing over my newfound dislike for Garrett, he just swoops in, takes my mind off of that and puts it onto him.

I don’t know what the future holds between Brandon and I but I’m excited to find out. Maybe he’s exactly what I needed at exactly the right time. It’s all new and exciting to be sure. But when that wears off will he still be into me? Or I him? I guess time will tell that story.

Good of you to show up Morbid. The way you ran all over D.C. hunting me down to even get this match I’d have thought you’d have more for me than what you released. You acted like you really wanted this match but then… but then… you proved that maybe you didn’t after all. Thing is though, it happens quite a bit. A lot of people think they want to get in the ring with me but then I agree and then they’re not so tempted. But by then it’s already too late.

I get it.

It’s not easy for guys like you to live up to the hype that surrounds me. It’s not easy to step into the bright lights of the Thaddeus Duke Show and not get blinded by them. They glow white hot and there is seemingly always some hint of gold in there somewhere.

Desire.

That’s what I lack and Morbid Angel has in spades. You know, if this were second grade and opposite day. Morbs my man, there isn’t a man or woman on this roster that burns with the desire I have. That relishes in the spotlight like I do. That goes full throttle the way I do.

No one.

What desire is and what it isn’t is the difference between you and I. Morbid, I desire things, then I take them. You desire things, then you look at them longingly as champion after champion snatches them out of your reach.

It’s okay that you’re not like me Morbid. No one’s like me. I’ve spent the last year going out to the ring dead set on repairing my image in the eyes of the fans, in the eyes of the roster, in the eyes of the guys that sign my paychecks.

See when I came back here, I wasn’t satisfied with being the 2017 Thaddeus Duke. He was good, just not good enough. I surely wasn’t coming back here to be the 2019 Thaddeus Duke. He was merely okay, but very problematic. Nahhh man, see, I came back here wanting to live, to breathe, to bleed, to sacrifice my own body to prove that I wasn’t just the son of some guy that also did this. When I came back here, being the absolute fucking best is the goal I set for myself and though I feel I have reached a point of pending in legendary status, I’m not even done yet. Not even close.

I lost something very close to me, something very near and dear to my heart and sooner or later, I’ll put sights back on it. I’m cleaning the barrel and calibrating those sights as we speak. So when I pull the trigger…

Killshot.

What I’m missing comes back home where it never should have left to begin with.

And in the meantime while I’m waiting for the right moment and I’m choosing my spots, waiting to load the chamber... why not make the Hart title great again.

Desire, sir.

Passion.

The desire to be the best, the passion to see it through.

That’s what separates men like me… from men like you.

[Image: yIk6jXf.png]

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
Atara Raven (07-06-2021), Doctor Louis D'Ville (07-07-2021), Dolly Waters (07-06-2021), JimCaedus (07-06-2021), Lycana (07-07-2021)