Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 01:14 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PlaceMarker Bought and Sold
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

11-18-2020, 11:50 PM

November 18th, 2020

“So, why’d you bring me here, Ned?”

Urias Pheelanruff and Ned sat in a humble looking XWF office, Ned absentmindedly flipping through a stack of papers laid out in front of him. He chuckled slightly at his doctor’s inquiry, mostly because Pheelanruff was awfully curious at this benign activity when every other week it felt like Urias was recording a diss track or something equally ridiculous.

“Nothing over the top, Doc. It’s just time for me to choose an endorsement. We all have to do it eventually, but I thought I’d have you tag along because you have an eye for the odd.”

“Well, I’m glad you finally noticed! Let me look through those bad boys!”

“Uh, sure,” Ned handed the stack to Urias, who began to excitedly skim through.

“Kaye Crunch: The Snack that Fills You Til’ Lunch! That’s great!”

“Ehn, what else?”

“The Notorious Nikes!”

“Cool, but too expensive.”

“You can be on the box of Whaties!”

“Wheaties? Not my style, but an ho-”

“Not Wheaties, buddy. Whaties.”

“What?”

“Exactly.”

“Okay, forget it. What else?”

Urias looks through, finding one in the very back.

“You could get a sandwich with your name on a local New York deli.”

Ned smiles, signing the paper, before beginning to head out.

“Thanks for the help!”

“Hey, Ned. Can I have a sec?”

“Yeah?”

“It feels like you’ve been more distant than usual, y’know? You still come to therapy, but I can tell you’ve been holding something in. Psychiatrist’s instincts and all that.”

“Well, you’re not wrong. It’s been on my mind since the 20th.”

Urias thought for a moment before chiming in, “That’s your birthday, Ned!”

“Yeah. Mom woke out of her coma that day.”

“Talk about a birthday miracle!”

“Kinda. She got better in the following days, but when she first woke up..”

Ned crosses his arms in discomfort.

“She didn’t remember me.”

“When I was growing up, I was lucky enough to have both of my parents nearby. And while it wasn’t guaranteed sunshine and rainbows, it gave me a structure that I’m very thankful for. My father all but beat into me the importance of character. The kind of stalwart integrity I fight tooth and nail to exemplify, while my mother taught me about dignity. Dad might have focused on the strength I needed to be the kind of man he was used to visualizing, but it was my mother who helped me realize the power in putting that character to good use. I’ll never forget that.”

“This match puts me in an odd position. The one man standing alongside and across women who represent not only some of the most distinguished in our great sport, but also three champions at different points in their careers. When I mention the kinds of people I am honored to share this company with, they’re still typically half as prestigious as the three women I share that ring with on Thursday.”

Ned hangs his head, hands pressed together.

“So, why does this all feel so hollow?”

“I have been waiting for a rematch with Ruby and Kenzi for quite some time, and while both second confrontations have come to me at once, it is under the pitch black shadow of BoB. I remember responding to Kenzi’s tweet where she proclaimed that she “needed” BoB and I asked her not to. Damn the history, damn the animosity between her spouse and me. It was worth speaking out against. Yet, she stands on the edge of joining BoB out of desperation because this company’s owner had to get defensive about a horrible booking decision. Despair begets despair and even though we’ve entered a brighter day, the skies remain clouded. Kenzi shouldn’t even be giving BoB a precursory thought, but this is where we’ve come.”

“And fighting alongside me is someone with not only a championship, but the respect and character you have to earn and continue earning. Tula has blown expectations out of the water and I have zero doubts she can hold her own. That said, her words haven’t left my mind. Her plea that I focus on Ruby. And I wonder: why should I do that when Ruby never focused on me?”

“I don’t mean to sound overly critical of the XWF’s darling, but while she was out selling cereal, being a babysitter for a rich girl, and waggling fingers at those with the audacity to drive one mile over the speed limit, I was at a low point in my life. Moments away from unconditional torment and having the woman who taught me some of my most treasured values held for a ransom that amounted to little more than my own turmoil. And I had no hero come to my aid. I didn’t even get a damn phone call. That’s when it became clear that the myth of Ruby mattered to people like Tula, but the reality, the action figure inside of the pretty packaging, mattered to me. I hope you live up to your myth, Ruby. I don’t want Kenzi to be let down like I was. God forbid you stand by with a bright smile and a pat on the back as she signs away her soul.”

“I still believe in heroes. Tula struggling to get a hold of me made me realize why Kenzi turned to BoB. I mean, sure I reached out, but where was I? I’ve placed myself behind so many walls, hoping others can solve the problems I don’t trust myself to. No more walls. No more hesitation. If you won’t show Kenzi that her path is a steady walk towards hell, then I’ll lead by example. And when you look up to see Tula and I standing tall over you two, maybe it’ll hit you. That character can’t be bought and dignity ain’t sold.”

“It’s earned through fighting for what’s right when what’s right hurts like hell. And it’ll hurt me just as much as it hurts you.”

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 38 | 4
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Ned Kaye's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (11-19-2020), B.O.B. D (11-19-2020), Doctor Louis D'Ville (11-19-2020)