Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-28-2024, 04:15 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats on those who did poems this week
SBW-SmokingBobWilliams Offline
XWF Management
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-13-2019, 11:11 PM

I have to say a big congratulations to those who took a chance and wrote poems for the first week of the promos for Wednesday Night Warfare.

I did check out the poems, they are all awesome. I'll get together with my fellow gms and judge those poems. We won't nake ut public until after results next week.

Again congrats and thanks for taking on something different this week and going with it.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 7 users Like SBW-SmokingBobWilliams's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (08-14-2019), Barney Green (08-14-2019), Peter Fn Gilmour (08-14-2019), Robert "The Omega" Main (08-14-2019), Scully (08-14-2019), The Brothers Blackwater (08-14-2019), The Truth (08-14-2019)
The Brothers Blackwater Offline
Vindicators

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-14-2019, 08:06 AM

Curious about the poetry. It's a limerick, that's a five verse poem - the first, second and fifth line rhyming with no more than seven to ten syllables. The third and forth line rhyme apart from those, carrying only five to seven syllables each line. Will those guidelines be used to judge? I'm literally only curious cause I'm a nerd and I know poetry. I might not be amazing at it or even good, I just know the guidelines.

[Image: vp1uvfb.jpg]

[Image: iNVRm0X.jpg]

Donovan Blackwater
Former 1x...

[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: OZdvB4F.png]

Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-14-2019, 08:16 AM

I think Bob used the term "limerick" a little loosely here. No one is expecting iambic pentameter or a classic aubade for an efed promo.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
The Brothers Blackwater Offline
Vindicators

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-14-2019, 08:24 AM

I totally did that. I counted my syllables, lol. I'm also facing myself but I wanted to do it proper like. In limerick fashion. I wasn't the only one who did it either, which made me think maybe that was a thing. It's not a big deal, it was more of a curiosity.

[Image: vp1uvfb.jpg]

[Image: iNVRm0X.jpg]

Donovan Blackwater
Former 1x...

[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: OZdvB4F.png]

Hate Post Like Post
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-15-2019, 05:39 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing some more of these fun RP stipulations.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Corey Smith's post:
B.O.B. D (08-15-2019), Ned Kaye (08-15-2019)
SBW-SmokingBobWilliams Offline
XWF Management
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-15-2019, 06:10 PM

I'm thinking of some more unusual stips to use on Warfare in the coming months. Because nearly everyone ran with the poems.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes SBW-SmokingBobWilliams's post:
Barney Green (08-15-2019)
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

08-15-2019, 08:10 PM

(08-15-2019, 06:10 PM)SBW-SmokingBobWilliams Said: I'm thinking of some more unusual stips to use on Warfare in the coming months. Because nearly everyone ran with the poems.

I had fun with it and it allowed me to do something a tad different.

[Image: juXb2Dg.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2019, 05:54 AM

(08-14-2019, 08:24 AM)The Brothers Blackwater Said: I totally did that. I counted my syllables, lol. I'm also facing myself but I wanted to do it proper like. In limerick fashion. I wasn't the only one who did it either, which made me think maybe that was a thing. It's not a big deal, it was more of a curiosity.

Stop being so god damn smart. But yes, it was kind of fun to have a twist thrown into the first RP.

September 2013 and May 2019 Star of the Month
1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

[Image: VIh61T5.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Rebel Star Offline
The Violent Vixen

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-16-2019, 08:08 AM

Next stip... write a Haiku , lol jk Tongue

[Image: 1TJ3kUo.pngg]

Former...
King of the XWF
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel Star's post:
Tony Santos (08-16-2019)