Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-05-2024, 03:08 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An apology to those I may have offended
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-09-2019, 04:33 PM

It has been brought to my attention that I have made some remarks that have come across poorly. Namely, I have made some recent allusions to when I angled the Universal title off of me with a past character and onto Robert Main. That did happen, and it was wholly an idea I pushed for because I felt burnt out and didn't think I could hack it in an "unlimited RP capacity anymore." I spoke about this recently in the context of some work I did with Ned in which I let him use Engy and gave him a suggestion to use this preconceived angle (which again, I devised and pushed for, not Main) in his promo work.

It was pointed out to me that mentioning this has come across in poor taste, and suggested that it seems like I could feel Main didn't earn the title. I want to ensure everyone that was not my intention at all. In fact, Main picked up the ball that I dropped when I couldn't hack it anymore, so if anything he is absolutely deserving of the accolade and is a very gifted competitor here. I'm the one who couldn't hack it, not him.

Sometimes when we post on here, it can be easy to forget that context gets lost and something that you think is innocuous actually sounds pretty shitty. I do value any degree of respect I may have earned here, and I hope I haven't lost that. I apologize for my recent statements and for any offense they caused. It as not fair for me to seem like I was lording something over Main that was my idea to start with.

Again, To Main and anyone else who thought I was being shitty, I apologize. I feel very strongly about keeping things welcoming, and I hope I didn't jeopardize that too much.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
Rain (05-12-2019)
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

05-09-2019, 04:48 PM

I mean, I don't know really what you're talking about, but I've never had a problem with angling stuff if both parties agree. It might seem unfair to some people, but it's not like you just did this with any old loser who doesn't deserve it.

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like B.O.B. D's post:
Ned Kaye (05-09-2019), Rain (05-12-2019)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-09-2019, 04:51 PM

(05-09-2019, 04:48 PM)BigD Said: I mean, I don't know really what you're talking about, but I've never had a problem with angling stuff if both parties agree. It might seem unfair to some people, but it's not like you just did this with any old loser who doesn't deserve it.

Most people who read this in all likelihood will have no idea what I'm talking about, but I heard some people were upset by it so I wanted to publicly clear the air.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
Rain (05-12-2019)
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

05-09-2019, 05:14 PM

(05-09-2019, 04:51 PM)Lux Said:
(05-09-2019, 04:48 PM)BigD Said: I mean, I don't know really what you're talking about, but I've never had a problem with angling stuff if both parties agree. It might seem unfair to some people, but it's not like you just did this with any old loser who doesn't deserve it.

Most people who read this in all likelihood will have no idea what I'm talking about, but I heard some people were upset by it so I wanted to publicly clear the air.

That's fair. From what I do get of it, though, it's really kind of the champions right to drop the title to someone if they want. I mean, we're not bound by law to RP, so a champion could just as easily not role play or intentionally do bad so they don't win. I almost feel like angling it is a more noble way to do it.

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion