Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 10:59 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superhero Movies
Mr Killjoy Offline
Who wants their trap silenced?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

07-24-2017, 02:24 AM

As some of you will know, I'm a HUGE Marvel/DC geek, I've mentioned it several times and they're an influence source of my RPs. Recently Marvel/DC have recently dropped trailers for Black Panther, Thor Ragnarok, Justice League and Infinity War ( well that trailer got leaked but whatever lol) and imo they all look fucking AWESOME. What movie are you most looking forward to and which is your favourite super hero movie so far? I'm excited for all of them but most looking forward to Infinity Wars, Marvel have done a really good job tying all the movies together and from what I've seen from the leaked footage that movie is gonna be crazy. I'd say my all time fav superhero film is The Dark Knight. I'm more of a Marvel fanboy than DC, simply because I find Marvel heros more cooler and relatable, whilst DC ones are imo sometimes a bit bland and/or overpowered (like Superman) but Batman is one of my all time favourite superheros and The Joker is my all time favorite villain and Heath Ledgers portrayal of him was the best character potrayal of a comic book character I've seen.

[Image: UbmSUem.jpg]

Banner created by Gabe "The Radical" Reno

XWF Career accomplishments/Highlights:

One Time XWF Universal Champion
Two Time X-Treme Champion
One Time Intercontinental Champion
One Time World Tag Team Champion
XWF All Time Top 50 inductee
One Time 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Intercontinental Royal Rumble Winner
Captained the winning team "Team Dominance" at War Games '15
Lethal Lottery IV Finalist
July 2015 Superstar Of The Month
March 2017 Superstar Of The Month
October 2016 Promo Of The Month "Changes"

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr Killjoy's post:
JackCain (07-24-2017)
JackCain Offline
Fighting to the last man

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

07-24-2017, 02:49 AM

I'm a huge geek myself and cosplay at conventions in the UK a lot. I'd love to go to SDCC if possible but I know tickets are like gold-dust.

I saw the Justice League trailer first and was blown away, but I have real fears that it won't live up to the hype. I was stoked for the Batman v Superman trailers but the final product was a little underwhelming for me. Same for Suicide Squad.

The Thor trailer looks great and I'm a huge Hulk fan, so I'm pleased he's seemingly getting some decent screen time other than to smash stuff.

It also looks like, from the leaked Infinity War trailer, that Ragnarok will lead into it somehow. When I saw that I think it looks epic - I can't see how they'll top that once it comes out.

All in all, really, looking forward to all of them, but forced to choose, would have to be Infinity War.

[Image: JackCain.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes JackCain's post:
Mr Killjoy (07-24-2017)
Chris Valerius Offline
The Ubermensch

XWF FanBase:
Hardly anyone to be honest

(booed by most fans; hurts people even when not supposed to; often angry and shitty)

07-24-2017, 03:27 AM

I know it's not technically a superhero film, but I know it'll contain superheroes so bite me. I nearly had a fucking stroke when I saw the trailer for Ready Player One. I love that book so much, but I have a feeling that somehow the movie, while not covering all the book's content, will be better.

[Image: efuVD1W.png]
1-0-2
Wins, Draws, Losses.
1x Quote of the Moment Winner.
What's normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Chris Valerius's post:
JackCain (07-24-2017), Mr Killjoy (07-24-2017)
Mr Killjoy Offline
Who wants their trap silenced?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

07-24-2017, 03:51 AM

(07-24-2017, 02:49 AM)JackCain Said: I'm a huge geek myself and cosplay at conventions in the UK a lot. I'd love to go to SDCC if possible but I know tickets are like gold-dust.

I saw the Justice League trailer first and was blown away, but I have real fears that it won't live up to the hype. I was stoked for the Batman v Superman trailers but the final product was a little underwhelming for me. Same for Suicide Squad.

The Thor trailer looks great and I'm a huge Hulk fan, so I'm pleased he's seemingly getting some decent screen time other than to smash stuff.

It also looks like, from the leaked Infinity War trailer, that Ragnarok will lead into it somehow. When I saw that I think it looks epic - I can't see how they'll top that once it comes out.

All in all, really, looking forward to all of them, but forced to choose, would have to be Infinity War.

Yeah BvS did disappoint, it tried being too "deep" and on top of that they showed literally all the best bits in the trailer, why they revealed Batman and Superman team up and Doomsday is the actual real villain I'll never know.

Yeah I'm psyched for Thor Ragnarok, Thor, Hulk, Hela, Fenrir , the Valkyries AND Surtur!? Shits gonna be crazy. I also loved the " What are YOU the God of again?" line by Hela to Thor, which is a direct reference to this scene in the "God of Thunder" story arc, one of my favourite story arcs ever.

[Image: thor6.jpg]

But yeah the Thor trailer is sweet and it will most definitely lead onto Infinity War judging by what we see at the start of the IW trailer.

(07-24-2017, 03:27 AM)Chris Valerius Said: I know it's not technically a superhero film, but I know it'll contain superheroes so bite me. I nearly had a fucking stroke when I saw the trailer for Ready Player One. I love that book so much, but I have a feeling that somehow the movie, while not covering all the book's content, will be better.

I haven't read that book or seen the trailer but I will give it a watch.

[Image: UbmSUem.jpg]

Banner created by Gabe "The Radical" Reno

XWF Career accomplishments/Highlights:

One Time XWF Universal Champion
Two Time X-Treme Champion
One Time Intercontinental Champion
One Time World Tag Team Champion
XWF All Time Top 50 inductee
One Time 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Intercontinental Royal Rumble Winner
Captained the winning team "Team Dominance" at War Games '15
Lethal Lottery IV Finalist
July 2015 Superstar Of The Month
March 2017 Superstar Of The Month
October 2016 Promo Of The Month "Changes"

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr Killjoy's post:
JackCain (07-24-2017)
JackCain Offline
Fighting to the last man

XWF FanBase:

07-24-2017, 10:40 AM

Ready Player One trailer is here:

Spotted so far, Freddy Kruger, Christine from the Stephen King novel/movie, the Delorean from Back to The Future.

Incidentally Trax, if you're a fan of the Dark Knight Trilogy, my cosplay is Bane from The Dark Knight Rises (can't embed from Instagram but here you go)...

Hate Post Like Post
Chasm Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-24-2017, 12:04 PM

I am more excited for Defenders, Inhumans and Gifted then any DC based movie. JL looks like it could be good but DC has the habit of making their trailers look amazing and then the finish product being crap so I am going to wait till it is out and read reviews before getting too excited

[Image: pupKDGC.jpg]
might as well throw another pin in here as well
Deserves To Be In The Hall Of Legends

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chasm's post:
JackCain (07-24-2017)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

07-24-2017, 02:29 PM

cant wait for thor 3 and infinity war to see THANOS just destroy ppl

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
JackCain (07-24-2017)
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-24-2017, 03:26 PM

(07-24-2017, 10:40 AM)JackCain Said: Ready Player One trailer is here:

Spotted so far, Freddy Kruger, Christine from the Stephen King novel/movie, the Delorean from Back to The Future.

Incidentally Trax, if you're a fan of the Dark Knight Trilogy, my cosplay is Bane from The Dark Knight Rises (can't embed from Instagram but here you go)...

Holy shit, is the lead in Ready Player One a kid named Luke Bylik or something? I know him, we did an episode of Degrassi together, lmao.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Hate Post Like Post
JackCain Offline
Fighting to the last man

XWF FanBase:

07-24-2017, 03:35 PM

(07-24-2017, 12:04 PM)Chasm Said: I am more excited for Defenders, Inhumans and Gifted then any DC based movie. JL looks like it could be good but DC has the habit of making their trailers look amazing and then the finish product being crap so I am going to wait till it is out and read reviews before getting too excited

Empire reviewed the first four episodes of Defenders - there are no spoilers but worth a read if you're interested..

http://www.empireonline.com/tv/defenders/

And yeah, I'm yet to be convinced about Justice League - the trailer looks great but that could be misleading.

The fact they've also announced a Flashpoint movie makes me think there's gonna be a lot of world building, which could over stuff what looks to be an already packed full JL movie.

Hate Post Like Post
JackCain Offline
Fighting to the last man

XWF FanBase:

07-24-2017, 03:38 PM

(07-24-2017, 03:26 PM)James Raven Said:
(07-24-2017, 10:40 AM)JackCain Said: Ready Player One trailer is here:

Holy shit, is the lead in Ready Player One a kid named Luke Bylik or something? I know him, we did an episode of Degrassi together, lmao.

Sadly not I'm afraid, it's Tye Sheridan, who played Cyclops in X-Men Apocalypse.

Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-24-2017, 04:05 PM

(07-24-2017, 10:40 AM)JackCain Said: Incidentally Trax, if you're a fan of the Dark Knight Trilogy, my cosplay is Bane from The Dark Knight Rises (can't embed from Instagram but here you go)...

Yes, but can you do the voice?

I am a was/kinda still am a huge comic book dork, but I've always preferred DC, so it's unfortunate that the DC movies have shit the bed hard lately.

Honestly though, I've started to get burnt out on the whole mainstream superhero movie thing. They're all starting to feel very samey and it's getting old. The last one I saw was Gaurdians of the Galaxy 2 and I came out of it feeling like it had a few funny bits, Groot was cute, but meh.

I truly feel, like a lot of other fanboys including Trax, that the Dark Knight was the pinnacle of super hero movies. I'm not sure it'll get any better than that (and admittedly even TDK had it's flaws). Other standout superhero flicks for me have been Deadpool (yes, its funny, shut up, also I am 12), Winter Solider, and Spider Man 2 (the Doc Ock one), and X-Men 2. Logan was also good but I'm not sure how much I want to consider that a super hero flick.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-24-2017, 04:06 PM

Also want to know more about Raven being on Degrassi.

Hate Post Like Post
Neville Sinclair Offline

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

07-24-2017, 05:09 PM

Does anyone watch any of the superhero tv shows?

I live in Vancouver and a lot of the shows are filmed out here. Have been of Arrow and the Flash a couple times due to having friends working on them.

The show I'm really excited for is "Black Lightning" which will be on CW. I have a friend that's read the pilot script and called it one of the best things he's read.

Educating the XWF since 06/08/17
Hate Post Like Post
Neville Sinclair Offline

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

07-24-2017, 05:10 PM

(07-24-2017, 04:06 PM)Maddy and Engy Said: Also want to know more about Raven being on Degrassi.

For real. Is he friends with Drake?

Educating the XWF since 06/08/17
Hate Post Like Post
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

07-24-2017, 05:20 PM

Yep. Need to know more about Raven being on Degrassi.

[Image: pFP1ZZx.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Chasm Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-24-2017, 05:23 PM

It's nothing special guys it's Degrassi pretty much any Canadian actor has been on that show at least once

[Image: pupKDGC.jpg]
might as well throw another pin in here as well
Deserves To Be In The Hall Of Legends

Hate Post Like Post
Travis McCoy Offline
The Real McCoy

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

07-24-2017, 05:37 PM

(07-24-2017, 05:23 PM)Chasm Said: It's nothing special guys it's Degrassi pretty much any Canadian actor has been on that show at least once

Dude...80 percent of my childhood crushes were on that show.

It's a big deal

[Image: pFP1ZZx.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-24-2017, 06:14 PM

(07-24-2017, 05:37 PM)Travis McCoy Said:
(07-24-2017, 05:23 PM)Chasm Said: It's nothing special guys it's Degrassi pretty much any Canadian actor has been on that show at least once

Dude...80 percent of my childhood crushes were on that show.

It's a big deal

I may have boned them.

No, I'm not friends with Drake. He was off the show by the time I did it.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-24-2017, 06:23 PM

Were YOU on Degrassi? I rest my case.

Although, it's pretty funny if Degrassi is like the Law and Order of Canada in that every actor in the history of man has held a newspaper in the background while Christopher Meloni gets pissed.

Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-24-2017, 06:26 PM

(07-24-2017, 05:09 PM)NevilleSinclair Said: Does anyone watch any of the superhero tv shows?

I live in Vancouver and a lot of the shows are filmed out here. Have been of Arrow and the Flash a couple times due to having friends working on them.

The show I'm really excited for is "Black Lightning" which will be on CW. I have a friend that's read the pilot script and called it one of the best things he's read.

I watched Arrow till it got dumb. I haven't seen Flash but I've heard good things. Watched the first couple series of Gotham and that show tends to swing between being pretty cool and heartbreakingly .

The Netflix stuff I've seen so far has been pretty tight: Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones. Daredevil more because side characters like Punisher and the Kingpin are badass. Luke Cage suffered from "wrong villain died" syndrome though.

Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

07-24-2017, 06:38 PM

who were u on degrassi JR?

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post