Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-14-2024, 11:56 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
King's Court: RP #6
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

01-17-2017, 11:05 PM

Sunday, December 25, 2016 | 11:09 AM Local Time | The Illuminatus Compound | Old Saybrook, Connecticut

James Edwards Journal Entry:

I find myself in a strange predicament. Discovering that picture in Father Asmodeus’ old roll top desk is very troubling to me. I don’t know if Thaddeus has seen it yet, but if he did, I wonder what his reaction was. The resemblance between he and Jake at roughly the same age is striking. I find it impossible to be merely a strange coincidence.

There’s not many people that I can confront with my discovery. Most of the underlings are left out of the loop as it pertains to family matters and this is indeed a family matter. Those in the loop would be strictly the upper echelon of the Illuminatus leadership. Two of them are dead. One is the King. One is the Prince. Matthew would likely know, but not only is he still at the Vatican, but he wouldn’t tell me what he knew, if he knew.

Curiosity kills the cat.

But I have to know.

I must confront the King. I must show him this photograph and gauge his reaction. By doing so, I fear I may possibly be signing my own death warrant. Confronting the King on family matters is strictly forbidden when you are not blood related. More often than not these days, he remains chill and down to Earth. But most don’t know the King like we know the King. He most certainly has a psycho switch. As cool and calm as he tries to remain, it does not take a whole lot to cause him to go from zero to you’re a dead man, in the blink of an eye.

If I said I wasn’t scared to death, I’d be lying. People have laughed at him for years, but he’s always managed to shut them up. He’s a terrifying tower of power. With a single look he can make any mortal tremble with fear and lose control of their bladder. I’ve seen it myself. This is dangerous territory and I know I am so far in over my head.

Part of me wants to burn that photograph and pretend I never saw it. But another part of me, a very big part of me, needs to hear the truth. Whether or not I’ll learn the truth is another question. Whether or not I’ll live to accept whatever that truth is, is probably an even bigger question.

[i]James paces nervously in his room. He holds his phone in one hand, and the photograph in the other. He’s sweating profusely as he paces. Finally getting up the courage, he decides to send a text to the King:

Do you have time to talk to me about something?

Message sent.

James throws himself on his bed, almost exhausting himself with nervousness and absolutely regretting sending that message. Soon, his phone vibrates, notifying him of a text.

Going out for a bit. Wanna come?

James sighs, somewhat relieved it wasn’t the King.

Nah I got something I need 2 take care of.

Ur the head of my security detail. Aren’t U required to come?

James somehow forgot that. Perhaps its because the lines between subordinate and friend have been blurred for too long.

Shit Ur rt. Gimme 30.

Come to the house when ur done hoe

Jim starts to reconsider his inquiry altogether as he lies on his bed staring up at the ceiling. He questions whether the King will even text him back at all, hoping he doesn’t, and planning to forget the whole thing. If he does reply, he can always blow it off and tell the King never mind.

His phone vibrates.

In my office.

Crap.

James sighs a deep one while considering his options. His curiosity can not be ignored though as he decides to follow through with his inquiry. The young English born German citizen with the thick British accent doesn’t even remember walking from his room. He doesn’t remember descending the stone spiral staircase and doesn’t remember walking the long main corridor. Yet here he is, staring at the door leading to the office of the King.

”Are you coming in or what?” the King asks in a muffled voice from behind the door.

‘How the fuck does he know that?’ James asks himself. ‘I haven’t made a sound,’ his mind wonders as he hesitantly opens the door and enters the office, forgetting to close the door behind him.

”Before I tell you why I’m here, how the hell did you know I was there?” he asks, partially freaked out.

The King leans back in his large office chair, ”I just felt your presence,” the King replies.

James’ hands begin to tremble.

”Relax, kid. I saw your feet at the bottom of the door.

“I just figured it was either you or someone else that wanted something.

“Somebody always wants something.”

James stares at the King. The King lifts his head from whatever he’s writing and looks at Jim. Jims eyes immediately hit the floor, already defeated. And he knows it.

”Well what is it?”

James doesn’t even realize it, but the photograph is in his hands and the King has eyeballed it.

”What you got there?” the King asks.

James says nothing. He elects only to lay the photograph upon the Kings desk. Face up. The King looks at Jacob’s picture and stands up immediately.

”Oh God,” James says aloud.

King Sebastian walks around the desk and James back steps against the wall. Ignoring him, the King only aims to close the door Jim left wide open. The King then returns to his seat.

”You’re stepping into something you may not make it out of,” the King warns. ”Where did you get this?”

”Father Asmodeus’ desk.”

”So you figured you’d do some investigating? You figured you’d stick your nose where it most certainly does not belong?” asks the King, his voice beginning to raise.

”Your Highness, you’ve entrusted me for well over a year now with protecting the blood line!” James says, finding courage. His voice too, begins rising. ”I’m aware of the protocol as it pertains to family matters, but let me tell you this, your son, the Prince is my best friend. I am sworn to protect him against all threats.

“I love my friend, your Highness. I’m sworn to protect him and I will do exactly that. Even if that threat is you,”
James pauses. ”I know you think I’m way out of line here, and you’re likely correct. But I have to know, is Jacob Thaddeus’ father?”

”Sit,” the King commands angrily, yet quietly.

James does as ordered.

”If Jacob was the father of my son, why would I tell you?”

”I just need to know,” James replies.

”Why?”

James just shrugs, initially. ”I’ve been scratching my head to figure it out. Ever since I found this picture, I have been searching for a logical explanation and I can’t find one.”

”Has Thaddeus seen this picture?”

”He has no idea I found this. I don’t know if he saw it or not, because it wasn’t exactly hidden. It was just lying beneath a folder.”

”You’re off base.”

”Am I? Then explain it.”

”My father thought that the future of the Illuminatus depended on the disposition of he who wears the crown. Asmodeus was a bit of a mad scientist. When I was conceived, he was able to alter my DNA in order to make me as large as I am. As imposing a figure as I am. That’s what he foresaw as the way to get where we are.

“And he was right.

“As for the future, he thought a softer touch, boyish looks, easier eyes was what was going to secure us for the long haul. Witnessing Thaddeus as he handles business, I have to say he was right again. Jacob was my best friend and perhaps the gentlest human in our midst. He also was tough when times dictated.

“My father, for better or worse, was then able to alter Thaddeus’ DNA in order to give him Jake’s kinder disposition, smaller figure, softer looks and so on. It sounds far fetched, I know. I’d be willing to give you a DNA test to prove it.

“I have nothing to hide.”

”Far fetched doesn’t begin to cover it.”

”This is why family matters are strictly forbidden to the family, James. I have entrusted you with this information and it can not leave this room.”

”Why did you tell me?” James asks of his King.

”You said yourself that you love Thaddeus and he’s your best friend. Right now I have a particular kindness for best friends.

“Consider yourself lucky.”

”Why the secrecy though?” James inquires. ”If it’s science, why not be open about it?”

”Knowledge can be dangerous in the wrong hands. This guy finds out and tells his friend, he tells his, soon it leaks outside the confines of our ranks. Then the world knows and they’ll develop ways to use it against us. Develop ways to challenge our legitimacy.”

”I feel like an idiot.”

The King doesn’t respond.

”I apologize for coming at you the way I did, sir.”

”It took balls, I’ll say that.

“You’ve earned my respect even more than you had previously.”

James begins to take his leave, when the King speaks up again. ”Just so you know, James, if you were anyone else, you wouldn’t have got an answer, and your brains would be covering my wall.

“I know what its like to lose someone you care deeply for. I know what its like to lose a best friend. I’d not wish that pain or that loss on my son.

“That said, if I ever hear about anyone but you and I knowing about this, including the Prince, I’d be forced to take action. You understand?”

”I do sir,” Jim answers knowing full well that luck and circumstance spared him today. Is he satisfied with the Kings explanation? Time will tell. For now though, it was time to enjoy the day with his friend.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
75-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
(01-18-2017), Unknown Soldier (01-18-2017)