Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-17-2024, 10:41 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New & Amazed.
Markus Conan

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-05-2013, 02:34 AM

So I've pretty much just recently signed up here, had a look through a bunch of promos... and they're bloody massive. I've cut promos before in separate e-feds but they aren't what you'd call to the extent of some of the ones I've seen here. Basically, what I'm asking for is, are there any tips that I can use to elongate my promos without them being completely boring?
Edit
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-05-2013, 02:58 AM

There's definitely no emphasis on length over quality. Quality writing is what we love to see here. Some of us write longer than others, for sure, but there are also different styles within that. I might as well be the first to tell the story, but one guy went because he dropped a 14k word rp and didnt understand why he lost. Length doesnt get you a win alone.

The best advice I can give you is see how everyone rps, and what's successful. Don't get caught up in a length mentality.

As far as making your own work longer, just let your character evolve, and that extra 'girth' so to speak will come in time.
Hate Post Like Post
Ann Thraxx Offline
Fuck the fuck off!

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

04-05-2013, 03:28 AM

WOAH WOAH WOAH...... I think I know you... (If not, I look like an idiot, but I'll take the risk)

I am gonna be vague, so it doesn't count as advertising.... Not that it probably would...... But is "MC" in the name of your character on another efed? Is it an angle efed? (doesn't require RPs/promos to win your match)... Does it have 3 brands, one of which having a female show on a Wednesday????

If so.... Hi, I'm the GM from that show. XD

Please, do not read any of the shows here, they put mine to shame.... And anyone on our site, to be honest. Anyway, best to continue this discussion through PM...... Geez, I hope I'm not wrong! I will look stupid.

EDIT - My mind was drawing a blank. I KNOW this is you, from the name which I couldn't remember, could only remember your character's nickname. Also, the pic in your sig is much like what's often used on "that site".....

[Image: 2lv1fme.png]

How come all the weird kinky stuff in the world reminds you people of me!?
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-05-2013, 06:38 AM

(04-05-2013, 02:34 AM)Markus Conan Said: So I've pretty much just recently signed up here, had a look through a bunch of promos... and they're bloody massive. I've cut promos before in separate e-feds but they aren't what you'd call to the extent of some of the ones I've seen here. Basically, what I'm asking for is, are there any tips that I can use to elongate my promos without them being completely boring?

Start up your character's story and run with it. Convince us that this guy is the real deal. It doesn't matter if the guy's life is boring as long as you make the RP interesting to read. Sweet Cheapshots is always at airports but he's still one of the best. Unknown Soldier is always doing crazy shit and he's one of the best. Two very different characters, both are equally fun to read about.
Hate Post Like Post
C Y R E N Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-05-2013, 07:06 AM

Be a Taxidermist!
Hate Post Like Post
TheXtremist"Bryce" Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Raging Face

(heavily cheered BECAUSE they'll break rules & bones)

04-05-2013, 01:39 PM

-.-

Win/Loss records

The Xtremist Bryce- 3-5

Sophia Sanchez- 0-0

Overal Record- 3-3

The Fallen

Crimson Dong
Josh Woodrum
Stalker Knight
King Nothing
Masked Warrior
Thomas Matthews

Next Victim(s)
Jason E. Smith

Accomplishments:
Bryce:2x X-Treme Champion
2x Heavymetal Weight Champion
Sophia Sanchez:
1x North Korean Champ
Hate Post Like Post
KnightMask Offline
One half of Crimson Knights

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

04-05-2013, 03:59 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the main thing is just to try to create a good, entertaining post. Doesn't have to be long, just as long as it has to be to get its point across. In other words, it could be a paragraph, it could be a novel.

Bill Shakespeare: "Brevity is the soul of wit."

[Image: index.php?ftpserver=localhost&ftpserverp...oMaker.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
TheXtremist"Bryce" Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Raging Face

(heavily cheered BECAUSE they'll break rules & bones)

04-05-2013, 07:27 PM

QFT

Win/Loss records

The Xtremist Bryce- 3-5

Sophia Sanchez- 0-0

Overal Record- 3-3

The Fallen

Crimson Dong
Josh Woodrum
Stalker Knight
King Nothing
Masked Warrior