Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-15-2024, 12:24 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback for a new guy?
"Lucky No. 7" Carson Waters Offline
#VoteBrickSquad

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

04-04-2015, 02:17 PM

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=19389
http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=19441

Hey peeps. I'd love to know what you guys thought of my first two RPs. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

[Image: RyBK7ka.png?2]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
Thunderbolt Lying Asshole Offline
I'm sure having fun now! Look at me!

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(shemale)

04-04-2015, 04:13 PM

From one New guy to the next welcome to XWF. I loved both promos. They both really funny so use that to use to your advantage. I love how each colour you use represents a new person. You have the potential to be a main eventer here if you try and do exactly what you are doing. Don't push yourself to write many promos, I mean I only do 3 promos for a match. And remember is Quality over Quantity. But other then that your doing fine mate.

I'm a lying asshole who says in public threads that he donated to the fed when he didn't

I'm a whiny bitch who sends shitty PMs to my opponent after he beats me fairly

I'm also pretty sure I might be , except I still don't know what means

Be my friend
Hate Post Like Post
Mandii Rider Offline
Eat Your Heart Out Bitches

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-06-2015, 10:21 AM

I thought they were both funny and that can really work in your favor. So far I've enjoyed reading your work but there is a little thing I would look out for and that is when your opponent ends up putting things off camera, flash backs, ect. I know I use a lot of off camera work to explain who Mandii is and what she does when the cameras aren't on. When I write roleplays for Mandii I kind of think of each of them as episodes in season if you understand that lol. This makes writing interesting for not only me but whoever is reading. I also use flash backs as another way to kind of also tell more about Mandii. I noticed you using some of your opponents off camera or flash back in a promo for Carson to make fun of her (And while I thought the way you did it was perfect) you also have to understand the difference between something said off camera, in a flash back, or even in someones head. As for your first RP I thought it was really good and funny and I really enjoy the Miss Fortune and Carson back and forth.

jlHCQQ.png

Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

04-06-2015, 11:22 AM

(04-06-2015, 10:21 AM)Mandii Said: I noticed you using some of your opponents off camera or flash back in a promo for Carson to make fun of her (And while I thought the way you did it was perfect) you also have to understand the difference between something said off camera, in a flash back, or even in someones head. As for your first RP I thought it was really good and funny and I really enjoy the Miss Fortune and Carson back and forth.

I wanted to take a second to clarify something here.

The rule that we use here is that if it is written down on any IC board, such as the RP boards, or in results or news and rumors then it is fair game to be used by an opponent.

So while you can put things in rps that you consider off camera or a flash-back that does not make it safe from being used against you.

That might seem frustrating and perhaps even unfair, and believe me, there have times I have wished I could put things in roleplays that would help to further character development without it being subject to retaliation but that is not how we handle things here.

So in short, if we can read it on an IC board it is fair game.

[Image: uuNaMEP.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Mandii Rider Offline

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

04-06-2015, 11:53 AM

Well as far as that goes off camera I understand. That can be seen by anyone however flash backs and in thought shouldn't count against a person. If I say on Mandii that in my head I called someone stupid you can't hear that, it is in my head. The same applys for flash backs, it is in my head not out in public is what I meant. I've been in places that people have said something about my off camera and used it against me, and that I can see working out because even on off camera people can hear it or see it. You can't see or hear inner thoughts or flash backs was my thing.

jlHCQQ.png

Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-06-2015, 12:03 PM

I've always seen rps as video productions where everything read is what were "seeing."
Hate Post Like Post
Pest

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-06-2015, 12:05 PM

I look at the same, and the narration of people's thoughts is a voiceover. Kind of like a Christmas Story.
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

04-06-2015, 12:08 PM

(04-06-2015, 12:03 PM)Burger King John Said: I've always seen rps as video productions where everything read is what were "seeing."

Correct.

Right that's how I view it as well.

I get what Mandii is saying but that's just not how we view it here.

Hate Post Like Post
John Samuels Offline
Whatever you are, be a good one.

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-06-2015, 12:09 PM

Even though Madison eats butt I agree with him. If there's something written in an RP that can be made fun, I'm going to make fun of it. That said, if it is an internal dialogue and someone that is mocking it presents it as something that was said out loud, you can make them look like a total asshole.

[Image: WWF-JBL_1506347856131-768x431.jpg]

1X - GOAT.
Hate Post Like Post
Mandii Rider Offline

XWF FanBase:
Very random

04-06-2015, 12:10 PM

As a promo I don't see it that way, could be just me. I see it as mind is safe however things you are doing can be seen by anyone. Then again things are not realistic on Warfare so guess anything can happen.

jlHCQQ.png

Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

04-06-2015, 12:22 PM

(04-06-2015, 12:10 PM)Mandii Said: As a promo I don't see it that way, could be just me. I see it as mind is safe however things you are doing can be seen by anyone. Then again things are not realistic on Warfare so guess anything can happen.

Just to clarify, while there are differences in certain aspects of how you should RP for Madness and Warfare, something like this, "off camera" or "internal monologue" would be viewed the same way on both shows.

Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-06-2015, 12:26 PM

If it was protected then I could be like, "John looked up at the moon and it reminded him of how Samuels was a giant homo for losing to Maverick." and not have to worry about John calling me out on it.
Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

04-06-2015, 12:28 PM

Why the moon?

Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-06-2015, 12:41 PM

Cause Samuels gay.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
Morbid Angel (04-06-2015), Vincent Lane (04-06-2015)
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

04-06-2015, 12:43 PM

Makes total sense.

Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-06-2015, 12:49 PM

I ain't saying you can't talk shit back to someone who's reading into your thoughts. I could be like, "hold up, Samuels saw me looking at the moon and thought that it reminded me of that time he lost to Maverick? I think Samuels and the production crew are taking that loss pretty hard if I can't look up at the moon without Samuels crying like a bitch."
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
John Samuels (04-06-2015)
John Samuels Offline
Whatever you are, be a good one.

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-06-2015, 12:55 PM

So harsh.

[Image: WWF-JBL_1506347856131-768x431.jpg]

1X - GOAT.
Hate Post Like Post
"Lucky No. 7" Carson Waters Offline
#VoteBrickSquad

XWF FanBase:

04-06-2015, 06:25 PM

I interpreted the part of my opponent's story that I mocked to be a voice over/reenactment so I didn't even realize that would be an issue. It would appear I was kinda right which is good. Thanks for the clarification, everyone, and thanks for the feedback!

[Image: RyBK7ka.png?2]

Hate Post Like Post