Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-17-2024, 06:48 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
While defending AP this kinda happened...
Hunter Payne Offline
RIP Ray Peterson

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

09-18-2014, 12:06 AM

So as everybody already knows Adrian Peterson is in deep shit for hitting his son too hard. Do I think he went overboard? Yes. Does that mean he should do 2-10 years in prison for it? No.

So I seen a post of SportCenter's Facebook page about AP, seeing a lot of the comments were divided, I decided this was going to be one of the few times I post a comment on an entities' page. I happened to write and save it on my laptop's notepad before I posted it. So I put:

"This is subject based on culture. Just one of many ideologies not everyone will agree on.

That being said, I'm tired of those who compare Adrian Peterson to a the same monster who beat his younger son to death. It IS NOT the same thing. Not even close. There was no malice intent, he was just being a father(something too few star athletes are). As many scratches as the child had, he wasn't going to die from getting spanked with a switch. Period. In fact, I remember getting worse cuts from those woodchips after falling off the jungle gym in elementary school.

Sorry, spanking as a form of discipline will always exist. Why? Because it works. Some people would rather put dog leashes on their children to make sure they don't misbehave. Personally, I find that more dehumanizing than any lacerations on the skin. But, only in this day and age would a parent get arrested for going slightly overboard with a spanking than walking their child around the neighborhood like a house pet.

Adrian Peterson said that's how he was brought up. If you misbehaved, you got hit with a switch. Simple. So how did that form of excessive punishment work out for him? Oh, he's a millionaire pro athlete you say? And the only trouble he has ever been in was when he attempted to raise his kids by the same standards that he was raised. Seems to me, that that a switch hitting punishment and getting a few extra cuts worked out pretty nicely for him.

And you know the kicker in all of this? When that kid grows up he is going to realize just how overblown this whole situation really got. And he will probably take his father's side, in that he misbehaved and he got disciplined for it, lesson learned. But that shouldn't stop everyone from destroying Adrian Peterson's reputation now right?"

It got tons of likes. And the first comment was from some guy who had a Packers helmet as his profile picture. He said "It's people like you that should never have kids."

I read that as I was falling asleep. I thought to myself, "tomorrow I am going to comment back and fucking obliterate this asshole from the face of the earth... with my words." Very similar to the way I hype myself up to trash talk on here. Probably going to mention how unprofessional it is to wish I was sterile because of my beliefs, and that maybe if his parents disciplined him more, he wouldn't be the comment-trolling asshole that he is today.

Something like that.... Anyway, I wake up in the morning and my phone says that like 12 other people commented on my post. But I had school, so I was going to check my post when I came home.

And when I checked, the post was gone! Deleted. But all the other top comments were still there intact. That kinda pisses me off. What did my post say to get deleted from SportsCenter's page? Was it what somebody else probably said? Now I hate that this guy is around somewhere in Florida, and he has no idea of how angry I am at him. I was going to make him regret his fucking existence if it wasn't for whichever asshole deleted my (and only my) post! GRRR!

[Image: 111315-wwe-Eddie-Guerrero-pi-mp.vresize....high.1.jpg]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

09-18-2014, 12:27 AM

Just because something has been done for a long time doesn't mean you should keep doing it. A professional athlete shouldn't be using a weapon to hit a four year old kid hard enough to leave wounds, period. Nobody should. There's really no need to hit a kid. Plenty of other disciplinary methods have been shown to be more effective, but they aren't as easy so people balk at them.

Does he deserve 2-10 years? Why not? Plaxico Burress went away for 2 years for accidentally shooting himself. Vick went away for killing dogs (another "tradition" according to many.) People go to jail for way less than beating a kid bloody.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Vincent Lane's post:
Blizzard (09-18-2014), Tommy Gunn (09-18-2014)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

09-18-2014, 04:14 AM

These nfl guys doing this shit should all be in jail

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
Ozymandias (09-18-2014)
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

09-18-2014, 09:13 AM

I'm sitting, waiting for my niece to be born. Her mother is in labour right now, so I'm waiting. I feel now is an appropriate time to answer this. I agree with spanking, but not with a switch. I will gladly slap my children if they act up to deserve it, but by no means will I go overboard. The first time I draw blood, or leave anything more than a red mark, I'm done. I was raised with a mixture of spankings and other forms of punishment. My father was a drill sergeant, so I got dealt with by doing pt, standing at parade rest for hours, and a voice that would make the Dragonborn envious.

Do I believe this guy was being a horrible father? Can't say for sure. Don't know the story, most of know only fractions of it. Is he a shining bastion of success and humanity because he is a pro athlete? In the same sense Michael Vick, Oscar Pistorious, OJ, Tyson, and Benoit are. No, he's not a monster in my eyes, but neither is he immune from being looked down upon. Remember, Randy Orton is an athlete. Punishments do not always need to follow traditions. My grandmother used to beat my mom, doesn't mean my mom should have beat me, literally beatings.

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post
Blizzard Offline
Big Cock

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

09-18-2014, 10:11 AM

I completely agree with Loverboy. I do not think that corporal/physical punishment (spanking, switching, etc.) is an effective way of parenting in regards to disciplining. I was spanked because I misbehaved a lot but I don't think it was effective. When you hit a kid, they learn not to do whatever they were doing because they don't want to be hit again, not because they understand what they did was wrong. It's definitely difficult to reason with a child but I do think it's possible with dedication. I think we can all agree that it's definitely not okay to beat the shit out of your kid and that most people are okay somewhat with non-abusive spanking... I just won't ever do it myself and I won't tolerate anyone ever putting their hands on my children.

I do think AP went a little overboard because, honestly, he's just not an intelligent person. He didn't know he was hurting his kid and did too much on accident. I think he's someone who has good intentions but lacks the mental ability to reason things through. That would explain why he has so many kids (he doesn't even know how many) and why he doesn't keep track of many of them in the slightest.

[Image: hw7M8KM.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

09-18-2014, 10:16 AM

To further expound on Aidan's salient point -

AP, as he mentioned, is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. So, when it came time to discipline a kid, he did what was taught to him to be done, even though he doesn't fully understand it. It's another good reason to just not have anybody do it, ever. If I'm smart and know how to spank my kid or whatever etc., am I guaranteed that my kid is also smart enough to not hurt his own kids? No. All I'm guaranteed is that it's the first thing he'll try. Conversely, if I just send him to time out, and that's the lesson he learns for his future kids - nobody gets hurt.

Hate Post Like Post