Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-24-2024, 05:39 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking opinions
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-16-2014, 10:46 AM

Something came up recently that I thought I'd mention here and see what you guys all think.

Basically there are some people who aren't too fond of the manner in which they are addressed/attacked if they post something in the News/Rumors area, so here's my question...

Would you guys like it if that section was divided up into two parts? One would ALLOW replies to whatever somebody posts, but the other section would have replies DISABLED.

This way if somebody wants to post a news piece, introduction, char dev, or whatever else that they DON'T want a bunch of replies on, they can simply choose to post it in the no-reply section. Meanwhile those who want to have some fun and get into some verbal exchanges can post in the regular section.

How many of you think this would be a good choice to have? Any other thoughts, questions or suggestions on this matter?

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(08-16-2014), Gator (08-16-2014), Vincent Lane (08-16-2014)
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 10:48 AM

That might be the easiest way to diffuse the issue before it turns into anything big.

If you just want to share an episode for people to see and leave alone, that goes in one place, if you want to leave yourself open to others to add to, that's a separate place.

Makes sense to me.

Hate Post Like Post
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 10:53 AM

I thought that was pretty bad, if this is what I'm thinking of.

I have a better idea but I don't know if it's workable. Would it be possible to add a button or colour that people choose when posting? For instance 'Storyline' 'Trash Talk' 'Anything goes'.

That way when people are trying to post character pieces they wont get needlessly buried before they've even started, unless they actually opt for that kind of reply. Not everyone is familiar with how things work here but I think that'd be very straight forward.
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-16-2014, 10:59 AM

Adding an option such as a title prefix could be done, but then the non-reply posts would get buried in yet another fashion... because the posts people are allowed to reply in would bump the non-reply thread way down the list and later that day people might not even look down that far. It would need to be two separate sections for news/rumors/char in order for it to accomplish what I'm thinking and allow non-reply threads to gain the attention their creator desires.

Hate Post Like Post
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 11:07 AM

Yeah I see what you mean. Maybe sections would be good. It just gave me flashbacks to all the unused forums at the bottom of the old forum.

But, to be fair, don't we already have this separation? Post-match trash talk/storyline forwarding trash etc could easily sit in 'Looking for a Fight' and the News/Rumours/Character Development sections could be reserved for just that. Rather than creating new forums, just make that implicit? Replies could that way still be allowed in the character section, but only if they were storyline related (assuming people can stick to that, I can imagine issues would still pop up).
Hate Post Like Post
SwagMire

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 11:16 AM

Nero, though your idea is fairly correct there is a blurring issue I can see. Peter and I have this rivalry going, yeah? Well, let's say Peter says something like "I beat Frodo! Suck my dick, hobbit!" I retort with some asshole comment. Now, he's not looking for another fight, and nor am I. But it's still an argument. And it can happen with anyone.
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

08-16-2014, 11:22 AM

Or we could just make it so that News and Rumors is a do not reply board and you can bring back the Days of Our Lives boards and that's where people can have their character development/bitch fests?

[Image: uuNaMEP.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 11:23 AM

I don't think we need a dick swinging section. That could easily go in looking for a fight section. You're verbally fighting. It's not necessarily the Looking for a Match section.
Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

08-16-2014, 11:31 AM

(08-16-2014, 11:23 AM)Neonero Said: I don't think we need a dick swinging section. That could easily go in looking for a fight section. You're verbally fighting. It's not necessarily the Looking for a Match section.

On that I agree. We don't need one. But in many cases that's what a lot of threads seem to turn into. So that being the case, I'd rather they be kept to one board only rather than everywhere. Hell the booking thread for the PPV turned into that and it made trying to figure out who opted in a headache because it was 20 replies of opt ins and 40 replies of "Suck my dick" "your a " "and let's troll Peter."

So I am all for News and Rumors just being a board where the author makes a post and that's it. No replies nothing else. If people want to have back and forth's than do it in Looking For A Fight or the 24/7 Live boards. I'd rather we keep the latter hidden as it is now.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ozymandias's post:
(08-16-2014)
SwagMire

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 11:41 AM

(08-16-2014, 11:23 AM)Neonero Said: I don't think we need a dick swinging section. That could easily go in looking for a fight section. You're verbally fighting. It's not necessarily the Looking for a Match section.

I'm not saying we need a separate section. I'm saying if you tell people only reply because if it's story related then it gets a little hazy some times. We might need to work on establishing more guidelines for what's story or not. Or just turn NRCD no reply. I'm ok with either way.
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-16-2014, 11:44 AM

i dont care either way

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Darren Dangerous Offline
The Lord Of Ultra-Violence

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 06:14 PM

I think the fact that you CAN reply in character to these posts is what sets it apart from the official RP boards.

What I have an issue with is the like/hate buttons. For some reason Mr. WGWF feels the need to hate mainly mine, Cain, Sacrelidge, and Peter's rps as well as giving some of us negative reputation in what I would consider a troll like manner. He also keeps pming me insisting I am Sacrelidge which I am not. I really don't understand this guy and what his deal is.

[Image: dd_zpsbyxex51n.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-16-2014, 06:26 PM

Mr. WGWF has some serious issues. I'm pretty sure the picbase he uses is actually the handler in real life, so that should tell you something. No, I'm not kidding.

But yeah, the "hates" are all In Character which is why I never enable them on any OOC sections. Reps are viewed as optionally OOC or IC, and are not taken on all that serious of a level. The rep system is more just for fun. If there are repeated neg reps that annoy you, you can PM me and I might be able to remove some of them if they're getting excessive but for the most part they don't really elevate or lower your standing in the fed. Feel free to neg him right back.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-16-2014, 06:27 PM

PS: I am Sacrelidge

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(08-20-2014), Morbid Angel (08-16-2014)
Pest

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 06:31 PM

(08-16-2014, 06:26 PM)Shane Anonistrator Said: Mr. some shitty fed has some serious issues. I'm pretty sure the picbase he uses is actually the handler in real life, so that should tell you something. No, I'm not kidding.

But yeah, the "hates" are all In Character which is why I never enable them on any OOC sections. Reps are viewed as optionally OOC or IC, and are not taken on all that serious of a level. The rep system is more just for fun. If there are repeated neg reps that annoy you, you can PM me and I might be able to remove some of them if they're getting excessive but for the most part they don't really elevate or lower your standing in the fed. Feel free to neg him right back.

He actually neg repped me with some insults 4 times, which is roughly 1/4 of my total negs. And if you check the hates probably half of them are from him. So, I don't really see the issue there. And I've hated almost all of the RPs for the PPV. It's kind of my thing.
Pest

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 06:35 PM

And look, Shane negged me 100. And I hated every single RP on the Relentless boards. Every single one.
Darren Dangerous Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 06:36 PM

seriously man, we are going to start this? This isn't kindergarten and we aren't kids. Yeah I gave you negative rep when my rep dropped from 10 to 6 in less than an hour and it was all because of you. Stop being an assclown and stop messaging me asking if I am Sacrelidge.

Hate Post Like Post
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

08-16-2014, 06:39 PM

If you look at my hates, they're mostly all from Madison or Gilly. Madison does it as a joke, and it's 50/50 with Peter. Peter currently has given out half of all hates given out. He's given almost 700 hates in less than a year. They're not something to take at all serious. And it's also not even relevant to the issue.

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Frodo mother fucking Smackins's post:
Darren Dangerous (08-16-2014)
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

08-16-2014, 07:18 PM

(08-16-2014, 06:26 PM)Shane Anonistrator Said: But yeah, the "hates" are all In Character

See and this is the issue I have with the hate button.

If the hates are supposed to be all IC than what about the likes? Because I have seen instances where, and I have done this myself, I have liked rps where my character got slammed to high heaven by the author. My character would hate it but as the reader and the handler I like it. To me, hating an RP feels OOC. It's why I don't do it ever.

But I get that's me, and that's how I operate.

I know there are some here like Dim or WGWF who will hate an rp just because they can and it's an IC thing. There are others who I will not name aloud who I know hate an RP as an OOC thing and to me that's kind of beat.

Having said that, I wouldn't worry about someone hating your RP. People have hated my rps and I've turned around and used that in a promo, or I ignore it all together because at the end of the day it's just someone hitting a button on their mouse and it has no bearing on how the rest of my day will go.

Same thing with neg reps. Some people use the rep system IC, some use it OOC. Sometimes it's rather easy to tell in what manner the person is using it but not always, so I can understand the frustration but again, at the end of the day does it rally matter?

Also, I am Sacrelidge.

Hate Post Like Post
Sacrelidge Offline
From The Shadows

XWF FanBase:

08-16-2014, 07:25 PM

I am Sacrelidge

[Image: SACRELIDGE_zps973489d7.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
SwagMire

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 07:36 PM

[Image: Sacredlige.png]
Kendall Savannah Sawyer Offline
Repetition is the key to success.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

08-16-2014, 07:40 PM

(08-16-2014, 07:25 PM)Sacrelidge Said: I am Sacrelidge

No you're not! That's just silly!

Awardments and Accoladations:

Last European Champion (Won April 28, 2014 -- Unified into the Universal Title May 19th, 2014)
Tag Team Champion (w/ ???) (Won August 13, 2014 -- Lost December 10, 2014)
Star of the Month (April 2014)
Wannabe Jessie Diaz (You know, if you're stupid Swagmire)
11-6

“Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.” ― Mary Shelley
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Kendall Savannah Sawyer's post:
(08-20-2014), Ozymandias (08-16-2014)
Kaiser Offline
Active in your sister

XWF FanBase:

08-16-2014, 07:51 PM

I'll just put it out there that I don't care if anyone uses me in their promos, feel free. Kaiser or Maine.

[Image: tumblr_mnonnfrbHW1rc39cco1_400.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

08-16-2014, 07:59 PM

(08-16-2014, 07:51 PM)Kaiser Said: I'll just put it out there that I don't care if anyone uses me in their promos, feel free. Kaiser or Maine.

Que Kaiser and Maine getting gang raped by silver back gorilla's while Frodo sits in the corner and watches.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Ozymandias's post:
Darren Dangerous (08-17-2014), Kaiser (08-16-2014)
SwagMire

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 08:01 PM

(08-16-2014, 07:59 PM)Ozymandias Said:
(08-16-2014, 07:51 PM)Kaiser Said: I'll just put it out there that I don't care if anyone uses me in their promos, feel free. Kaiser or Maine.

Que Kaiser and Maine getting gang raped by silver back gorilla's while Frodo sits in the corner and watches.

Frodo is in Belize on his honeymoon. With his wife. He would not be doing that. He'd watch from the comfort of his hotel room, on TV. But yeah, Kaiser said it can happen. It's on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwagMire's post:
Kaiser (08-16-2014)
Kaiser Offline
Active in your sister

XWF FanBase:

08-16-2014, 08:04 PM

Why am I looking forward to reading this?

[Image: tumblr_mnonnfrbHW1rc39cco1_400.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-16-2014, 08:46 PM

Makes no sense to me. To begin with, isn't the goal to get attention by posting in the news section? Personally, I'd rather have a couple of replies than to have no response whatsoever.

A section where people aren't allowed to have opinions on what somebody posts sounds pretty boring to me.

I think a better question, would anyone bother reading any of the posts if they weren't allowed to respond or write their opinion?

Why is it an issue if somebody response to your news post anyway? It isn't that hard to ignore people.

Sorry, I just don't see the point.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
(08-20-2014), Unknown Soldier (08-20-2014)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-16-2014, 09:40 PM

(08-16-2014, 07:18 PM)Ozymandias Said:
(08-16-2014, 06:26 PM)Shane Anonistrator Said: But yeah, the "hates" are all In Character

See and this is the issue I have with the hate button.

If the hates are supposed to be all IC than what about the likes? Because I have seen instances where, and I have done this myself, I have liked rps where my character got slammed to high heaven by the author. My character would hate it but as the reader and the handler I like it. To me, hating an RP feels OOC. It's why I don't do it ever.

You're over thinking the feature that is mostly just a fun little extra. If somebody is curious enough about whether a person's like of their RP was IC or OOC, they can always ask them. I have a feeling very few people see a like on their RP and instantly wonder if it was IC or OOC... instead, they're probably just glad to see some likes on an RP.

(08-16-2014, 08:46 PM)john madison Said: Makes no sense to me. To begin with, isn't the goal to get attention by posting in the news section? Personally, I'd rather have a couple of replies than to have no response whatsoever.

A section where people aren't allowed to have opinions on what somebody posts sounds pretty boring to me.

I think a better question, would anyone bother reading any of the posts if they weren't allowed to respond or write their opinion?

Why is it an issue if somebody response to your news post anyway? It isn't that hard to ignore people.

Sorry, I just don't see the point.

There are times where it's nice to see what kind of reaction a post might get, and there are times where the person might want to just make something known without the risk of it turning into an in character war. People can't reply to an RP but they still read them. With all the room the new boards will have, I figured it might be nice to give people the choice to post something they take as serious IC without the risk of it turning into a joke IC by the replies it gets.

Also, since that section is supposed to allow character developmental RPs, and since RPs in general are not supposed to be able to get a reply, there is currently a flaw in the fact that any person who posts a Character Developmental RP has to just accept that it's going to get replied to and possibly IC trolled.

I have a feeling way more people will use the regular half that accepts replies, but I know a handful or so would enjoy the option of a no-reply zone for some of their news or developmental work. People will still see the new post in the "most recent posts" column that will return on the new boards, and they'll click them.

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-17-2014, 12:33 AM

I honestly had no idea the likes and reps were supposed to be IC. Any time I've liked anything has been because I legitimately liked it.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-17-2014, 12:42 AM

They're not supposed to be IC. They're supposed to just be.

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-17-2014, 12:47 AM

Yeah, I see how they aren't important. Still, feels nice when people like stuff. I'm a softy.

BTW , I dont know if I accidentally broke a rule with my last RP, having Azrael in a dream sequence. Is that sort of thing okay?

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-17-2014, 12:56 AM

Dreams or parodies are fine as long as it's clear that that's what is happening.

Hate Post Like Post
Tri Bute Offline
Justice Integrity Zankustility Zeusrion

XWF FanBase:

08-17-2014, 04:52 AM

John Austin and I hated each others RPs one week. It was pretty fun.

"Pink is my signature color!" - Elle Woods
[Image: fpUoGTE.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tri Bute's post:
Kendall Savannah Sawyer (08-17-2014)
Pest

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-17-2014, 05:01 AM Information  RE: Seeking opinions -->

I just want to add about the hates and stuff. Don't hate someone's posts, or neg rep them if you don't expect it back. Whether or not it's done IC or OOC. I expect most of the people whose rps I hated will hate whatever ones I do, and I'm ok with it.
Darren Dangerous Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-17-2014, 05:14 AM

But you do it just to troll. Every RP I have made you have clicked to hate it. Every RP I have made, every RP Sacrelidge has made, and every RP Cain has made. You said you click to hate them because you don't like the RP but it just so happens that you also don't like me or else you wouldn't have kept harassing me asking about Sacrelidge. Also other than all the bitching and fussing you do I don't see you doing any RPs so get in there and do something original or fuck off already

Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

08-17-2014, 05:24 AM

Ok a couple things. He did just RP last week for Warfare. So it's not like he is just going around hating rps without actually contributing.

Secondly, tone it down a bit, this is an OOC board.

You are completely right in that he is hating just to troll. Have you heard the phrase "Don't feed the trolls?"

If not, now you have, if you have, try abiding by it. It will save you some headache and time. Let him troll. Don't respond, don't even give it a second thought. Just ignore it and go about doing your thing.

Hate Post Like Post
Pest

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-17-2014, 05:32 AM

First, you're bordering on an ooc attack, especially after calling me an ass clown. Second, I never said I click if I don't like the RP. I said I clicked hate on every RP for relentless. Some people added ones later, so I need to hate them. Yes, Pest is here to troll people as well as have matches. Which I did have as him. I'm not booked on relentless, so no rping for it.

As for you being Sac, I messaged him one time telling him I knew but would keep it a secret, he asked why and I explained end of. You messaged me with an attitude asking me to explain myself to you. I did, and you responded with more attitude. I also told you if you are him and wanting to keep it on the DL, praising him whenever you get the chance and liking everything he posts os a bad way. You're making mountains out of mole hills.

And ignoring the damage you do to make you look victimized. You hated my ooc posts telling Sac to not wrote for me, and explaining why I didn't want it. You also neg repped me for posts I made calling me a "cock smoker" and "fucking idiot" and "dick head". Which is about the same me negging you because I can. Now, I'm not going to argue with you because I really don't think you can see my point.

I also have never said I have a real dislike of anyone here. Not once, so don't accuse me of it if you don't like accusations.
Morbid Angel Offline
Баба Яга

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

08-17-2014, 05:37 AM

I wish someone would hate my posts....I Dare You! I Double Dare You Mother Fucker!

болезненное ангел!
[Image: 8IZ5unY.png]

Intercontinental Champion
TRIO CHAMPION x2
UNIVERSAL CHAMPION x2
UFO Champion x2
Ark Champion x2
Heavy Metal Champion x2
Xtreme Champion x3
Won at War Games 2014
Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

08-17-2014, 05:45 AM

(08-17-2014, 05:32 AM)Mr WGWF Said: First, you're bordering on an ooc attack, especially after calling me an ass clown. Second, I never said I click if I don't like the RP. I said I clicked hate on every RP for relentless. Some people added ones later, so I need to hate them. Yes, Pest is here to troll people as well as have matches. Which I did have as him. I'm not booked on relentless, so no rping for it.

As for you being Sac, I messaged him one time telling him I knew but would keep it a secret, he asked why and I explained end of. You messaged me with an attitude asking me to explain myself to you. I did, and you responded with more attitude. I also told you if you are him and wanting to keep it on the DL, praising him whenever you get the chance and liking everything he posts os a bad way. You're making mountains out of mole hills.

And ignoring the damage you do to make you look victimized. You hated my ooc posts telling Sac to not wrote for me, and explaining why I didn't want it. You also neg repped me for posts I made calling me a "cock smoker" and "fucking idiot" and "dick head". Which is about the same me negging you because I can. Now, I'm not going to argue with you because I really don't think you can see my point.

I also have never said I have a real dislike of anyone here. Not once, so don't accuse me of it if you don't like accusations.

If you guys want to keep arguing like little children than take it to PM's or Skype. Don't clutter the boards with it.

This is your one and only warning.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Ozymandias's post:
Darren Dangerous (08-17-2014), Gator (08-17-2014), Mastermind (08-17-2014), Socrates (08-17-2014), Vincent Lane (08-17-2014)
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-17-2014, 07:31 AM

(08-17-2014, 05:37 AM)Morbid Angel Said: I wish someone would hate my posts....I Dare You! I Double Dare You Mother Fucker!

Can I just call you a cunt instead? Angel
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Neonero's post:
Darren Dangerous (08-17-2014), Gator (08-17-2014), Morbid Angel (08-17-2014), Ozymandias (08-17-2014), Vincent Lane (08-17-2014)