Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-30-2024, 04:55 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The first
Angelus Offline
The Whole Damn Show

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

01-07-2013, 07:35 AM

So, since the boards are pretty quiet I figured I'd post something to spark some type of conversation. This has probably been a thread before, but hey, it's a new year right?

The question: "What's the first e-fed you remember joining?"

Feel free to share anything cool, weird, funny, effed up that happened there.

The first e-fed I ever joined was a place called RAWF and to tell you how long ago this was Geocities was hosting the page. It was a pretty cool place. You earned "Development" points for each win or loss depending on how well you did. I started out with a character who was part of a tag team (my friend who introduced me to the site and e-feds was my tag partner). There were some cool characters, but a lot of knock-offs as well (Y2K Kris Jaric and Curt Agile come to mind).

Surprisingly, the place closed after a long run when people just stopped returning after a holiday break one year. I wish I was kidding. We literally took a break over three days and for some strange reason barely anyone returned and the place had to close due to lack of activity.

So, that's my story, what's yours?

[Image: fightaboutit.jpg]
2x XWF X-Treme Champion:
1.31.13 to 3.31.13: 62 days
8.14.13 to ???
Current Reign: 21 Days
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

01-07-2013, 05:27 PM

I made my own feed way back when called TwO/KRB but the first fed I really joined was bwf

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-07-2013, 07:36 PM

I started in one I wanna say about 98/99. My name was, as you said, a knockoff, Shawn Douglas. It was also the name I used in backyard wrestling. Shane Douglas, as was told, was my 'uncle'. This fed was known as the AWA. It was less story, more trash talk. All promo. It was fun, I had some good times, but at the same time not ANYTHING like e-fedding is today. The writing styles and things of that nature that exist today or so unique. While picbases and the way each character moves around or speaks, those may be based off of real wrestlers or other characters the way they are portrayed is pretty unique. I love it. I'm extremely happy I found this place. It's also amounted to quite a few new quick friendships. I couldn't be happier to be back in the fed game.
Hate Post Like Post
C Y R E N Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-07-2013, 09:04 PM

I joined one in 2001/2002, called Miller Wrestling Federation - Miss Perfect was there and the big name was a guy called 'Chaos.'

I was actually recruited to XWF by Jonathyn, who in turn gave me a nice push.

I remember KoRe coined the phrase, 'Cyberg' and Epic got it going.
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-07-2013, 09:05 PM

I can't remember the year, probably between 1999-2001. It was around when AOL was still hot. It was entirely e-mail based. Members would send out shows and RPs to an e-mail list of the handlers. It was a pretty close community actually since at the time everyone had AOL and the messenger was built-in. I got tired of it pretty quick, but had a fun 6 or so months.

Took a break and didn't return until around 2003ish. Messed around in a fed called EWCL until 2005, then took a longer break. Came back to XWF in 2012.

This is probably the best one I've been involved in even with all the crazy people coming in to flame the owner.
Hate Post Like Post
Prof. Derek Baxter Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
Classic Face

(usually cheered; very rarely plays dirty)

01-07-2013, 09:22 PM

You know something?

I just realized that the first e-fed I ever joined was called....Xtreme Wrestling Federation.

Obviously, it wasn't THIS XWF. The RP boards were just a guestbook, and I think the longest RP in the fed was MAYBE 1 full page on Word. The owner also fought (and won a lot), and the results were done via a generator (instead of RP quality).

When I joined Big Money Wrestling, my entire life changed as I was finally joining a legitimate e-fed with REAL writers in it.
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

01-08-2013, 08:34 AM

I started out by joining a fed called DiWF (Daves Internet Wrestling Federation... yes, really) and my first character was...

SCOTT STEINER!

One of my first memories is being a complete fool and actually ATTACKING my opponent, Chris Jericho, in my roleplay! HA! I did that!

As you can imagine, I quickly was filled in on how that's not the way we play the game. I went on to take a couple of losses as Steiner but I kept at it. I was determined to win... and then I finally did! I'm pretty sure my very first victory was against Bill Goldberg. (that fed had a lot of real wrestlers in it) I was so thrilled that I was able to make Scott Steiner beat Goldberg! I was ecstatic!! I didn't even really realize or care that the person RPing as Goldberg wasn't very good... that totally didn't occur to me. All that mattered was that I had begun my winning ways and defeated Goldberg!

From there, I was pumped! lol I RPed my ass off and went on to eventually win the Cruiserplayer title, which was their light-heavyweight title and for some reason Scott Steiner was given a shot. Anyway... the title reign didn't last too long and I never really made it into the main event scene in DiWF, but I had a lot of fun in my early days there.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-09-2013, 07:28 AM

First fed was called something like Elite Ring Of Hell and we had a little login spot in their website to tell us our records and earnings. The owner didn't keep it going very long though and it seemed like the same couple guys kept getting all the title shots as others left. Good place but some questionable decisions hurt them. It was funny that if you typed in another guy's name in the url when viewing your private info you could see their private info too. I miss the days of simple websites sometimes.
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-09-2013, 11:05 AM

I was lucky to drop right into a really popular fed, my first rps were embarassing writing in the wrong tense and paying no real attention to roleplay etiquette (though I didnt break rules like admin!). However thanks to some changes in my life I started putting in more effort and offering to write matches. I was inspired by a dark character and made my character really dark, an influence which the character never shook despite the fact I stopped using it. It turned out that the fed owner was also about five characters in the fed, even still I managed to win almost every title in the fed culminating in being the last ever World Champion, though years later I ran a reunion show and had my character give the belt to someone else (who was seriously talented and totally shafted by the owner).

Forgot to add about 6 months in I became GM of the second show, which I ran for a fair while, until the fed owner disappeared, then I opened a fed so everyone could stay together called ExWA (Exoddus Wrestling Alliance) which was a cult success, unfortunately I made the mistake of closing it and encouraging everyone to return to the first fed when the owner reappeared, which lasted only a few months, but ah well.
Hate Post Like Post
Nephrite

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-09-2013, 12:09 PM

The first I joined was LPW but it became dead fast