Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-05-2024, 05:56 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Guys
AaronReign Offline
The XWF's Best Pure Wrestler

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

07-23-2014, 08:25 PM

I'm the guy behind Aaron Reign, a character I decided to port over from my WWE '13 online fed from a year or so back and try my hand at an e-fed. I'm completely new to these, but I've always held an interest in text-based roleplaying. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck finding outlets to practice this with my two of my favorite things (Wrestling and Halo), so I doubt I'll be the most amazing of assets for the time being. Wrestling is kind of an obsession of mine, I watch anything from WWE to ROH to NJPW to even Shimmer when I can, which is most of the time. I'm hoping that not only do I gain a few wins, but I attain some writing skills as well.

I do have a question though. I've searched the forums and I'm still not entirely sure how things work around here (Forgive me if I've missed some "Here's how the XWF works" page). Do we just post promos before our matches and the one who posts the best quality stuff gets the win? I was expecting to roleplay the actual match, but it doesn't look as if that's the case. Either way, I hope to establish some acquaintanceships and maybe even friendships over the course of my time here, but for those with the (mis?)fortune of taking Aaron Reign on, I'll see you in the ring.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

07-23-2014, 08:36 PM

Ok, so what the deal is, you sign up for a match in the booking thread. If you sign up for Madness, the card goes up on say Monday the 21st, and you post role plays until the following Monday at Noon PST. Max of 2 a day, so 12-14 total depending on whether card is posted monday or tuesday. The GMs will be reading your work and they judge whose work is better. Based on that they write, or outsource the writing of the match, and post the results. Remember, quality over Quantity. In the IC sections of the boards you talk as if you're face to face with the other people in the fed. Or leaving notes or stuff. Never mention an e-fed, the world role plays, or anything to indicate this isn't real. If you've got any advice any of the GMs will be happy to help. Or you can PM me.

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-23-2014, 08:37 PM

There is a Rules/FAQ link at the top of our page that is a good starting point, but I believe it was written with a few assumptions already in mind, such as...

Yes, the RPing here is the classic set up where you and your opponent post roleplays throughout the week and then the better roleplayer that week is given the win. You don't roleplay the match itself, no. If you want something specific to take place in a match or during a show, you are welcome to use our "Forms" link at the top of the page and direct it toward whichever show it should be placed on. When we judge your roleplays we look for "peaks" that you hit throughout your week. For example if you tell an amazing story, maybe your story will be the "peak" that your opponent was unable to match with his/her own story... BUT we also weigh trash talk (both general attacking AND also how well you retort to points made by opponent), relevance to the fed/match/opponent, pure writing ability (grammar, sloppiness, errors all get looked at) and sometimes other factors depending on the type of character and type of roleplays you're going for that week.

Keep in mind (and this goes for everyone) that the RELEVANCE category is getting looked at with more weight than in the past and in some other feds. In fact, we're going to increase it even further. Basically that means we want to have some indication from you within your work that week that tells us you're an XWF wrestler... tells us you know what match you're even in that week... tells us you wrote that piece THAT WEEK and isn't just an elaborate story that has nothing to do with XWF. A key rule is going to be, if you supplied ZERO relevance for your match but your opponent DID supply relevance, you lose. Period. We're not quite that strict yet... but it's coming, so it's a good idea to always be sure to supply some sort of relevance.

Once you've read the Rules/FAQ, here is another good section to read up on: Announcements and important info

Hope you enjoy yourself here!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Frodo mother fucking Smackins (07-24-2014)
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

07-23-2014, 08:43 PM

(07-23-2014, 08:37 PM)Shane Anonistrator Said: Keep in mind (and this goes for everyone) that the RELEVANCE category is getting looked at with more weight than in the past and in some other feds. In fact, we're going to increase it even further. Basically that means we want to have some indication from you within your work that week that tells us you're an XWF wrestler... tells us you know what match you're even in that week... tells us you wrote that piece THAT WEEK and isn't just an elaborate story that has nothing to do with XWF. A key rule is going to be, if you supplied ZERO relevance for your match but your opponent DID supply relevance, you lose. Period. We're not quite that strict yet... but it's coming, so it's a good idea to always be sure to supply some sort of relevance.
This, I want to point this particular segment out because when I get asked to judge I abide by this pretty closely. You can win without being relevant, if your stuff is good. Or like Plexx did, where he would have these crazy adventures, but loosely tie them in a way that kind of made sense to him. Like when he went swimming with Phelps and Locke, just to work on some endurance for his Santos match. Not that I decide matches that often, but when I get asked to give an opinion, I use this as a guide.

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post