Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-28-2024, 04:45 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reminder about deadlines
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-27-2013, 11:32 PM Exclamation  Reminder about deadlines -->

Hey guys,

We've had a couple of new faces pop up in the past two months. So I thought now would be a good time to get this out real quick...

First, great job on this week and last. I feel like this month has probably been one of the top months since I've been here.

Second, I noticed we had a couple of role plays make it past the deadline for Wednesday's show this week. Unfortunately, myself and Wallace did not feel as though they were necessary for tonight's show. Therefore, they will not count towards this week's show. (They will count towards next week's show though.)

Yes, there are some exceptions to the deadline rule. You can post a post-deadline role play if your opponent waits until the last day to post both of their role plays, and did not leave you any material to work with earlier in the week. We refer to this as "sandbagging." We didn't have any sandbagging this week, which is great. But we did have some role plays that took place after the deadline. If you break the deadline, that's cool, but your RP will be bumped to next week. No points will be docked, so that's a good thing.

I don't want to discourage RPing, but I also don't want to see us getting into the habit of breaking deadlines if a sandbagging did not occur.

Yes, the sandbagging issue can be gray at times. We understand that. Get with myself, Wallace, Admin, Heyman, or Shane and confirm with us if you have any doubts.

Also, great stuff this week by the Warfare crew. We had two very close, main event caliber matches, and a couple of squashes. To those of you who were on the bad end of a squash; don't get discouraged. Let us know if you need help getting back into your groove or if you need a week off to recharge the batteries. We have plenty of creative people here who can help you out. To those of you who RPed; good stuff.

Alright, that's all. Hopefully I didn't leave anything out.
Hate Post Like Post
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-28-2013, 04:58 AM

I'd like to echo these thoughts. I love the dedication put forth from the entire roster but you need to realize these deadlines are deadlines for a reason. If for some reason you feel the need to post a late RP, then PLEASE contact the GM of that show and get permission.

Obviously real world factors play a part sometimes in not being able to RP on time and we understand that and in most cases will allow a late RP if its brought to our attention.

Deadlines for RPs are 12 noon PacificTime... 3 PM Eastern....

Please adhere to this rule in the future....

You need to remember that posting late RPs is not fair to other RPers who do post in time.... Also not fair to those trying to write the shows. Writing shows and coming up with winners is hard enough without having to factor in late RPs...

That said, continue to have fun here. The XWF is THE fed to be in. I love the work and dedication put forth by so many of the new faces. Keep it up. Smile
Hate Post Like Post
Crimson Deadly Away
The Pinions Master

XWF FanBase:
Heel w/ Cult Following

(the heel you love to love; does whatever they want)

02-28-2013, 11:18 AM

That's cool, the only reason why I actually posted my 4th rp disregarding the fact that it was past the deadline is because I'm the kinda guy that likes to finish something he's writing about... By that I mean the storyline in my rps up until the third wasn't finished (the sparring match, that kind of stuff), and like I said, I like to finish my work, so, I posted it anyways, I did ask for an extension to write it and have it count but at the same time it's fully understandable that it wasn't counted 'cause, like you said, no sandbagging took place, all competitors in my match wrote their first rp WELL before the deadline.

Just wanted to explain myself Tongue

Italic, change a to i and n to i
[Image: siggy1.png]
W/L/D
3/2/0
pin!
pin
Trophy Cabinet:
1. 24/7 WTF UFO E1999 Champion: 18/02/13 - 19/02/13
2. 24/7 WTF UFO E1999 Champion: 20/02/13 - 21/02/13
Hate Post Like Post
XLDIGJYTRWWWQ Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

02-28-2013, 11:46 AM

If anyone posts after the DEADlines again, I will MAKE SURE that I tea(eat) their stun(nuts)!
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-28-2013, 01:40 PM

(02-28-2013, 11:18 AM)Crimson Deadly Said: That's cool, the only reason why I actually posted my 4th rp disregarding the fact that it was past the deadline is because I'm the kinda guy that likes to finish something he's writing about... By that I mean the storyline in my rps up until the third wasn't finished (the sparring match, that kind of stuff), and like I said, I like to finish my work, so, I posted it anyways, I did ask for an extension to write it and have it count but at the same time it's fully understandable that it wasn't counted 'cause, like you said, no sandbagging took place, all competitors in my match wrote their first rp WELL before the deadline.

Just wanted to explain myself Tongue

Oh, no problem I get where you're coming from with that. Your late RP should end up counting for one of the future shows. Just get with Shane if you want to have it moved to Sat, Mon, or next Wed.
Hate Post Like Post
KnightMask Offline
One half of Crimson Knights

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

03-02-2013, 05:41 PM

So, the deadline is noon, day off, right? I was trying to figure out if I went over the deadline or not this week...

[Image: index.php?ftpserver=localhost&ftpserverp...oMaker.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-02-2013, 07:41 PM

Not a problem.

For all XWF shows: Deadline is 12 noon PST (US/Canada) the day of the show. Day of the show = Monday for madness, Wednesday for Warfare, and Saturday for Shove It.

For other time zones, I believe that converts to:

1:00 PM mountain US/Canada time
2:00 PM central US/Canada time
3:00 PM eastern US/Canada time
8:00 PM GMT

on day of deadline.
Hate Post Like Post