Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-12-2024, 10:41 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favourite moments...from other people's RPs?
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-25-2014, 11:07 AM Rainbow  Your favourite moments...from other people's RPs? -->

I thought I'd start a thread that was a little bit different...I know a lot of the writers here (especially the top ones) have complete malaise towards feedback, and apart from the times people ask me things in pm I generally don't use that section either because the culture has rubbed off on me.

So instead of critiquing people's work, why not show examples of the things you've loved in other people's rps, and people can get a handle on what is 'well liked' by everyone?

The first rp I thought of when I thought of this thread was Soldier's > Don't be a Douchebag <. I always love his work and when I think about laugh out loud moments in roleplays, I don't think I ever laughed so hard as with the weight lifting session in this rp.

Of course, it's not all about comedy, but since I titled the thread 'favourite moments' not 'best rps', who cares! I have plenty more examples to add if the thread takes off.

So, how about you guys, what are some of your favourite moments from other people's work?
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neonero's post:
Wallace Witasick (02-25-2014)
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

02-25-2014, 11:12 AM

I love all of Mystica's work but this is one example...

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=6060

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

[Image: 97166.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-25-2014, 11:19 AM

Don't forget to tell us why ya love it!
Hate Post Like Post
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

02-25-2014, 11:20 AM

Mystica's a genius, that enough for you ya bitch?

If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
Margaret Thatcher

Hate Post Like Post
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-25-2014, 11:23 AM

No, no it's not. The idea is to show your favourite moments so people can learn what other people enjoy. If you are posting just an rp, then explain what you like about it. Otherwise it's just a hollow pat on the back and we can't really tell if you read the rp to begin with.
Hate Post Like Post
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

02-25-2014, 11:26 AM

Apologies. Okay, well to begin with I love his character. The whole split personality, is complete genius. The fact we don't know who was telling the truth, again genius. He has this way of making you want to read the next RP like a good tv series makes you want to watch the next episode. That's not an easy thing to do

Margaret Thatcher

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Archie Lawson's post:
(02-26-2014)
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-02-2014, 04:49 AM

(02-25-2014, 11:15 PM)Michael McBride Said: I don't have a link, I forgot the title of the rp, but it was one of Duke's. It's the one where he had to kill his son's mother. He couldn't bring himself to do it, but it had to be done, so Jack did it. I think that was his name, anyways. I was sad after reading that rp, it got to me. Killing the woman you love because you have to. That just sucks, but that rp is one of my faves by Duke.

His name is Jake, and it was actually Asmodeus that killed her. BUT, thank you for that. It means a lot.
Hate Post Like Post
Archie Lawson Offline
Britain's Finest Export

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

03-02-2014, 06:11 AM

I liked Duke's returning RP after he was buried alive by Sattelite I think it was (i'm not researching just remembering), that Rp was sick too.

Margaret Thatcher

Hate Post Like Post
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-03-2014, 02:34 AM

That one was different. Duke wasn't speaking then, so all of those initial RP's when he did come back were told from The Messenger'sh perspective. Again, thank you.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul Heyman's post:
John Samuels (03-03-2014)
AlexandraCallaway Offline
Demon or Angel? You decide!

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

03-14-2014, 09:56 AM

Griffins Choking on the Truth series:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

And no it's not because I'm involved. GAH! Griffin has a way of making you feel for his "Anti-Hero". Everything he writes is amazing. Not just because of his superb writing skills, but because he can draw you in, make you want more and then, just when he thinks you've gotten a good taste, Griffin disappears for a length of time.. then returns.. causes hell and leaves. He literally leaves you hanging off the edge of your seat, wanting more.

---------------------------------------

Another person who I love reading their stuff is Mystica. He can pull you into the story with him and make you feel like you are right there. Experiencing everything first hand.

Duke/Wyatt

Everything the man writes is fucking entertaining. I don't think I need to say anymore.. just look at the title wins for the characters... they speak for themselves.

1x UFO E1999 Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

03-14-2014, 11:54 AM

Jayzus! Too much love goin on here for the Duke. I can't take all this love!!!! Quick! Someone tell me I suck!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sebastian Duke's post:
Damien Callaway (03-14-2014)
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

03-14-2014, 12:06 PM

If you sucked any harder you'd have a dodge. Go lick the tail pipe of a K5. Wink

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Frodo mother fucking Smackins's post:
(03-14-2014), AlexandraCallaway (03-14-2014)
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

03-14-2014, 04:20 PM

(03-14-2014, 03:04 PM)Griffin MacAlister Said:
(03-14-2014, 11:54 AM)Sebastian Duke Said: Jayzus! Too much love goin on here for the Duke. I can't take all this love!!!! Quick! Someone tell me I suck!

IC: You suck harder than Linn Kwann did back in the day man.

Thanks buddy
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sebastian Duke's post:
AlexandraCallaway (03-14-2014)