Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-12-2024, 12:46 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » 24/7 Interactions
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL WAR GAMES DRAFT THREAD
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

05-08-2023, 11:44 AM

The camera cuts to Ned, seated at a small table as his girlfriend, Darcy Ellis looks over a few of the many books and files scattered across the table in front of them, her eyes a bit wide at the sheer mountain of data he'd accumulated.

"So wait," she said, "this used to be your whole shtick?"

"Yup," Ned responded flatly, a little embarrassed of his past.

She side-eyed him as she slowly shoved one of the books off of the table, "Jesus, no wonder they used to call you boring."

"Oh, shush," he rolled his eyes, his arms crossing as she continued.

"I mean it! This is basically what I was doing for The Chameleon project. Just without the same finesse."

"Wait a second," Ned interjected, "what do you mean? These are good notes on people!"

Darcy responded with a suppressed laugh that got Ned chuckling.

"Oh, fuck off."

As the two giggled lightly as Theo Pryce's voice was heard from off screen.

"Are you two finished with... whatever this is or is Ned's first draft pick blue balls?"

Darcy held her hands up, absolving herself of blame wordlessly as Ned gave a glare off screen.

"We're done, Theo. Besides, I already have my first pick."

He clapped his hands together, rubbing them together a bit for some friction as he exhaled lightly.

"Here's an interesting fact about me: my loyalty is as deeply earned as my ire. I have a tough time always giving someone a second chance or the benefit of the doubt, especially when they repeatedly show disinterest in following through. But... I can acknowledge that I place my standards high and sometimes it's worth it to give someone an opportunity that they haven't, as well as work with someone who is instrumental to this company's past. Someone capable of seeing the bigger picture."

"It is with this desire to push myself and those around me that I make my first choice. Your round one, pick one for War Games 2023 is..."

Darcy leans in, clearly curious of what Ned is about to say, but having an idea of who it likely will be.

"Mark Flynn."

Darcy's jaw drops as she shoves Ned's arm slightly, doing a bad impression of a whisper as she gets close to Ned's ear.

"That guy's a complete asshole! Why would you even bother?"

Ned leaned away slightly, trying to get some space between his ear and her failed whispers, although smiling slightly at her lack of volume control.

"Trust me, I have a lot of the same issues as you and I'm skeptical, but I have it on good authority that he can be a lot better than what he has been. He wants to be a "good guy?" Then I'll put him to the goddamn test."
[-] The following 7 users Like Ned Kaye's post:
Angelica Vaughn (05-08-2023), Dolly Waters (05-08-2023), Peter Principle (05-08-2023), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (05-08-2023), Thaddeus Duke (05-08-2023), Theo Pryce (05-08-2023), Thunder Knuckles™ (05-08-2023)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Ned Kaye's post!
Atticus Gold (05-08-2023)

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL WAR GAMES DRAFT THREAD - by Ned Kaye - 05-08-2023, 11:44 AM