Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-05-2024, 05:32 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a little about me
Goth Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

11-06-2022, 03:50 PM

hey man,

thanks for the kind words

I do have some experience with voice operated programs, but that's mostly with my phone as I have dictation programs on there which is very helpful. I have learned text writing on a computer at an early age, making it easier for me to type without having to stare at my keyboard all the time (lol)

so far i have used a windows program that allows to read out loud what you are typing. Which has been very helpful for me at times so that i do not need to look at the screen to know whether I actually wrote something down correctly or not. It's actually the standard program from Windows that you can activate by clicking on control/the windows button and enter (and turn it off again by using the same buttons) it has a education option to help you out to use certain command options to like have something being read out loud on a website for instance and other options. There are obviously also a lot of other programs out there that are similar to that but they are expensive 

i have not yet attempted to use the option to activate things by merely using your voice or have attempted to use a voice to text program. i know there's a windows version on your computer/laptop but again i have not tried that out before. I know someone that is a text writer for companies that hire her to write articles for almost anything. She is reumatic and uses a voice program to write her text on screen. I could ask her what kind of program she uses, even though like me she is dutch so it could very well be a program that is solely used for the Dutch market.

What i have learned is that is very helpful, but you have to make sure that when you are busy having your words being written down on tekst and you get a phone call that you have to turn it off or else your conversation could very well be added to the tekst lol and you still have to check thigns for errors as i believe it is not fully 100 percent guaranteed that it will not make text errors (something that from time to time i notice when i dictate a message to someone or an email)

Perhaps try your luck with windows before trying to search for perhaps a better solution so at least you get an idea what it is like.

I also hope we can share stories when we may face each other on the rp board and whether it is by voice writing or just the old fashioned typing with the fingers lol
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Goth's post:
Finn Kühn (11-06-2022), Prince Adeyemi (11-06-2022)

Messages In This Thread
a little about me - by Goth - 11-06-2022, 12:53 AM
RE: a little about me - by Prince Adeyemi - 11-06-2022, 04:50 AM
RE: a little about me - by Goth - 11-06-2022, 03:50 PM