Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 07-01-2024, 08:44 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Immortal (Feedback Please)
RichardWestonKielich Offline
All strung up without a lick 'a sense

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

06-26-2014, 12:48 AM

I'm new here, but saw you were asking for feedback.

I think this was a good piece, but ultimately there were some flaws (at least in my eyes) that stop it from being great. First of all, the random change of tense and perspective. The former was a one shot occurrence but something I noticed nonetheless. The latter was a little jarring to say the least; not because changing perspective mid RP is inherently a bad thing but because it came without much warning. That's one of those things where some warning would be nice.

Also, I feel like your dialog was a little too wordy at points. Again, not necessarily a bad thing but I've always held a viewpoint that less is more in that regard. I guess what I'm saying is that it didn't seem natural. Not the emotions behind them of course, but the actual words themselves. Something felt like Steve and Mark, both seeming incredibly stubborn and hot headed would interrupt each other a lot more. If I'm misinterpreting the characters there feel free to correct me but that's just how they came across.

Other than those two things though, you got an interesting story going on here that ended on a clever cliffhanger.

Hope I helped a little bit.
Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
My Immortal (Feedback Please) - by RichardWestonKielich - 06-26-2014, 12:48 AM
My Immortal (Feedback Please) - by Archie Lawson - 06-26-2014, 03:12 AM
My Immortal (Feedback Please) - by Archie Lawson - 06-26-2014, 03:25 AM
My Immortal (Feedback Please) - by Kruzifix - 06-27-2014, 12:57 PM
My Immortal (Feedback Please) - by Kruzifix - 06-27-2014, 01:13 PM
My Immortal (Feedback Please) - by Kruzifix - 06-29-2014, 11:56 PM