Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-06-2024, 10:25 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas/plans to keep xwf moving forward instead of back to basics
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

06-09-2014, 02:17 PM

(06-08-2014, 08:40 PM)Morbid Angel Said: its like buying a prostitute for a couple of hours…you can’t see the goods unless you pay, lol…not that I ever hired a prostitute ever…

How many "didn't" you hire? *winks sadistically*

Quote:Anyway, I enjoy that idea and I also think that the $5 in matches (which have no real value other than an odd colored name and maybe the ability to give 3 rep until the next month). I am not sure if people understood what I meant when I wrote that.

I do understand, and I do like where the idea is going. Yes, I'd actually be able to come up with a nice list of fun extras for certain donation amounts... we already offer the custom badges but I could see figuring out some other small perks like name customizations (they can actually be customized beyond just a color change, based on CSS styling code) and maybe some extra rep abilities like you said. I really do like that direction. I also like the idea of having some $5 opt in matches or something as long as enough people are actually opting in and making it a lively event. I think there are a lot of fun perks we can come up with that maybe I myself am not even thinking of at the moment.

Quote:Thirdly…I have no idea how much a site of quality costs and I can only imagine.

Not a huge amount of money, but enough... but yes costs will go up as we move forward. Even just keeping the domain name (xwf99) registered to us goes up over time as everything else in the world does. The main factor is that running the boards requires a huge amount of TIME, which then breaks down to money, and I'm referring to the aspects that ONLY I myself can tend to directly with coding, maintaining, hosting, etc. As far as my personal life goes with work, I am my own boss so I decide how much I work and I also have many expenses in turn. If I take more time for XWF than I do for my work stuff in a given week, I obviously LOST money, etc...etc... (being your own boss is NOT all it's cracked up to be, especially money wise) that's where I keep bringing up that whole "time is money" aspect, which weighs in very heavily right now. Also, I'd like to invest in some specific types of advertising once/if we are fully moved over to the new server which will be able to handle a LOT more than this one, and will be faster. (way less lagging and downtime for those who sometimes mention it to me) I have some ideas that may be able to increase the quality of new sign ups and give us less people who show up, last a week or two, and then just flop. Again though... those ideas = time/money, both.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Rain (06-10-2014)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ideas/plans to keep xwf moving forward instead of back to basics - by Carver's Sheath - 06-09-2014, 02:17 PM