Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-12-2024, 02:28 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Reverting to basics? Or continuing to advance?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'd really like us to keep our features and continue to add more, etc...
52.17%
12 52.17%
I am here to write and compete; it doesn't matter what features the board has
30.43%
7 30.43%
I honestly don't care either way because I'm just here to kill time when I'm bored
17.39%
4 17.39%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(all read!) Old School vs Features and upgrades
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-31-2014, 06:59 AM

I would like to get opinions on whether or not reverting back to a basic, free, no special feature message board would be a negative in your eyes.

One way or another we are leaving the current server we're on in the next 60 days, period. I will not continue to renew the current server with the increasing trouble I am having to deal with behind the scenes.

When we leave this server, if the NEW site/server is not already 100% complete, I am abandoning the project entirely and signing us up in an automatic free board so the XWF can continue onward, uninterrupted. We'll still be able to RP and upload avatars, etc... but pretty much every feature that feels like "XWF" is going to be gone because those free boards do not allow you to fully customize their coding/source.

So here's my question... would reverting back to an ad-supported, free board really be that bad? How much DO you guys care about the extra bells and whistles? How much DO you guys hope to see even further improvements and all of the ideas I had in store for the new site, such as currency systems, a word of the day bonus, a built in chat, a built in "live" word counter on the screen as you type your rp, and many more?

If it makes no difference to you guys, then I will be honest and say I want to revert back to a free board that doesn't require me to maintain it nearly as often behind the scenes. This will also relieve me of having to ask for donations because, in all honesty, who wants to donate to an e-fed anyway? I get that. I really do get that.

Vote on the POLL specifically, but if you'd like to leave a comment here on the matter that is also welcome.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
(all read!) Old School vs Features and upgrades - by Carver's Sheath - 05-31-2014, 06:59 AM
Old School vs Features and upgrades - by Rain - 05-31-2014, 07:55 AM