Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-22-2024, 06:16 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Six Xtreme Title Defenses for a Briefcase?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Six Defenses Makes Sense
82.35%
14 82.35%
Shut Up, Tony
17.65%
3 17.65%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Treme Title Reform: Six Defenses for the Case?
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-23-2013, 02:57 PM

Others could have noticed the Radio situation but I just mean nothing got brought to my attention or posted on the boards about it to any extent, which to me is very different than what was happening lately. One situation I handled silently behind the scenes with nobody else going out of their way to point me in the direction of it, and the other situation has blown up into a fed wide concern due to the nature of the title holder's actions OOC. Then that OOC air transfers over into the xtreme title rules being looked at as possible problems.

Gilmour's OOC actions accomplished 2 things... They got him banned and they drew attention to the xtreme title rules being less than perfect. I might make some revisions when I implement the new "submission" attempts for that title but there's nothing currently so wrong with the x-treme title scene that it needs to be addressed by a drastic, immediate rule change. The title is constantly on the line and we don't let people just take off for 3 to 6 weeks just so they can get an easy briefcase. Even in tag situations and multi-person situations, if the champ gets pinned they lose the title.

People are worried about someone repeatedly backing out of matches to delay until they can get a briefcase, but rest assured we'd SEE that happening and if somebody skated along for weeks while just dodging matches, management such as myself would step in and that person would need to jump through additional hoops before winning any briefcases.

Please everyone have faith that we'd catch things like that even if there's not a series of rules printed out that directly address them in advance. There are a lot of things I look at that aren't necessarily printed out in the rules. Let's say somebody wrote a computer script that could automatically reply to pin attempts with an instant kickout... I'd be able to figure this out and I'd see the patters very clearly. Once I confirmed this was a person kicking out out automatically, I'd come up with some new inconvenience for them to make their path much harder. There doesn't need to be a "don't make kickout bots" rule on the site for me to take action against it. I'm fun like that.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
X-Treme Title Reform: Six Defenses for the Case? - by Not Shane Carver LOL - 12-23-2013, 02:57 PM