Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-02-2024, 05:02 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Six Xtreme Title Defenses for a Briefcase?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Six Defenses Makes Sense
82.35%
14 82.35%
Shut Up, Tony
17.65%
3 17.65%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Treme Title Reform: Six Defenses for the Case?
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-23-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote: An example of this would be when Gilmour defended the title in the Elimination Chamber, which was going to be for the X-treme title no matter who was champion when that match finally happened. Peter entered as champion and was able to win the match, which by our standards was considered a credible X-treme title defense because of the quality of opponents in the match. Also, as a side note, he almost didn't win that match with how close it came in the end so he certainly wasn't handed an easy win.

I would definitely qualify winning a match like that as being a credible defense.

Quote:I definitely understand about one person making noise and attracting attention to something else and yes many debates about the x-treme title have been had over the years. It's definitely not a perfect system that we have in place, but then again I don't think such a system can exist in the way that all participants would view it as perfect. No setup is going to please everybody.

Also true, but I would say that just because there is no perfect system that you(the royal you) should keep the current system in place. I do think there are other alternatives here and some of the things Paul listed were ideas that multiple people came up with not one individual. For what it is worth, I brought up the topic of X-Treme reform on Skye but I can't say that any of these suggestions, 6 defenses for a case, 3 for a US/TV shot were things I came up with because they weren't.

Quote:I will say that if we had more strict rules for the X-treme title, we might not have ever had a single person win a briefcase yet. Remember, Sid had a briefcase from winning last year's Lethal Lottery. John Austin had a briefcase from winning a special event that I believe was called "Thunderdome" if memory serves me right. The entire year is already over and the number of actual briefcases handed out for the X-treme title is staggeringly low. Does anybody know the exact number for this year? I'm not looking at actual stats right now but I'm thinking it's a grand total of: 2. I believe Luca won a briefcase through the xtreme title and Angelus earlier in the year. One of them cashed in very quickly and the other has never even cashed in. Are there any others I am forgetting from the last year? Why is it we want to cut down this number again?

That one I can't answer since I only have a 1/4 of the year to draw from and I'm too lazy to go back through results and forums to look the info up.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
RE: X-Treme Title Reform: Six Defenses for the Case? - by Theo Pryce - 12-23-2013, 01:03 PM