Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-20-2024, 10:06 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cold open question
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-01-2019, 10:56 AM

One last bit I would mention is that the cold open rule doesn't mean you can't reply to an opponent's promo that came before the present show. For example, if you thought your opponent said or did something dumb in a promo from weeks before, feel free to reference it. The cold open rule is strictly for that given show only, and is designed to take away any kind of advantage people would try to get out of waiting for an opponent to go first.

My personal opinion is that going first is definitely not always a disadvantage as somebody who knows what they're doing will still get it done. Plus when you go first you can set the tone and tenor of what is to come sometimes. But I see the reason for the rule and there have been some people who abused going second in the past.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
cold open question - by SteamDieselBlack - 11-30-2019, 06:00 PM
cold open question - by Vita Frickin Valenteen - 11-30-2019, 06:04 PM
cold open question - by Shawn Warstein - 11-30-2019, 06:06 PM
re:cold open question - by Corey Smith - 12-01-2019, 10:56 AM
cold open question - by SteamDieselBlack - 12-01-2019, 05:24 PM