Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-16-2024, 01:44 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Time allowed to kickout
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 hours
21.43%
3 21.43%
7 hours
35.71%
5 35.71%
6 hours
7.14%
1 7.14%
The time should be reduced depending on how many attacks champ has received that day for added realism and difficulty
35.71%
5 35.71%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New time frame for x-treme title kickouts?
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-09-2018, 04:44 PM

(03-09-2018, 05:39 AM)Muddy Waters Said: Not sure I’m a fan of any of these options. But then again I doubt I’ll winning this title anytime soon. Unless the goal is to have constant turnover with this strap and basically making the briefcase defunct then by all means. How many people have secured a 24/7 case in the last three years by holding the xtreme title? Soldier, Engy and maybe someone I’m forgetting?

I say 8 hours. But again that’s just me

I do have some sympathy for this opinion as well. I've said in the past if it's TOO hard people may not bother. I realize the argument could be made that "well then they just don't want the belt enough." But if you look back in the title history even with the wide berth of a 12 hour kickout window, before Engy's reign the average length of time someone held the belt was less than 2 months. That was, of course, well into the advent of cell phone technology where people could check all day conceivably. People will inadvertently slip up, or get busy, or just lose it in a straight up match. Hell, I flushed my 6 month reign on a complete fluke where I just forgot to check in time and Raven had me spotted. It happens.

But long story short, I think to air on the side of not having it be too daunting, the higher the window the better. 7-8 hours seems fair.

I will say this though, me losing that belt is probably one of the best things that's happened to that title in a long time. Even without changing the rules that forum has been pretty hot and there seems to be a sense of excitement about chasing it again.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post

Messages In This Thread
re:New time frame for x-treme title kickouts? - by The Engineer - 03-09-2018, 04:44 PM