Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-15-2024, 12:59 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XWF Real Life Equivalents.
Nico LaVey Offline
The Prince of Vice

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

08-13-2016, 04:48 PM

Nico in terms of wrestling is equivalent to Chris Hero and Abyss, but has no real gimmick equivalent.

Ophelia is equivalent in gimmick to a face Lana.

Ferngotti is equivalent in both gimmick and wrestling to The Young Bucks.

Peter is equivalent in gimmick to Eugene and in wrestling to drunk Jake the Snake.

Any more you can think of?

[Image: zTgZCuO.jpg]

Overall Record: 2-8-1.

1x Federweight Champion.

Shitlist: Izzy Ravenwolf, Nate Higgers.

“We have never heard the devil's side of the story, God wrote all the book.”
― Anatole France
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Nico LaVey's post!
Frodo mother fucking Smackins (08-13-2016)
Prof. Bobby Bourbon Offline
Mad Scientist

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-13-2016, 07:23 PM

Bourbon: Wrestling equivalent to Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow, gimmick equivalent to early Kurt Angle and Frank Reynolds from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

[Image: newtngb.png?ex=661f68da&is=660cf3da&hm=6...9be1b4b4b&]
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-13-2016, 09:33 PM

im more like kevin steen in terms of wrestling Wink

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Thomas Girard Offline
Savage Saturday Night General Manager

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

08-13-2016, 09:46 PM

(08-13-2016, 09:33 PM)Peter Fn Gilmour Said: im more like kevin steen in terms of wrestling Wink

You didn't deny being Eugene in terms of gimmick.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Thomas Girard's post:
Barney Green (08-14-2016), Nico LaVey (08-13-2016)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-13-2016, 10:19 PM

fuck eugene!

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Dillinger Offline
I am total chaos. Strange and abstruse.

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

08-14-2016, 08:04 AM

I'm not sure what my character's wrestling equivalent would be, I kinda try and shy away from the idea of that. I like to develop a character over time, starting with a rough template, I'll then have him evolve; little by little, as the story progresses.. I think in terms of a character in a book/movie/tv show, where things aren't so two dimensional. I prefer grey areas where you have room to adapt. A hero can become a villain or vice versa. Of course the same basic, bare principles still apply to said character, they don't become a different person per se but there are definite complexities that I like to try to get into that make identifying with a source that doesn't do that a little difficult. Lucha Underground is pretty dope, I think it's probably one of the best wrestling programs out there, next to NJPW (I don't watch the WWE, lol) but there's no one wrestling there that I'd compare Dillinger to. I feel left out, lol.

[Image: rTQMvmN.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dillinger's post:
Prof. Bobby Bourbon (08-14-2016)
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-14-2016, 08:16 AM

You're too cool for us, Dill, we get it.

Smile

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vincent Lane's post:
Dillinger (08-14-2016)
Dillinger Offline

XWF FanBase:

08-14-2016, 08:28 AM

Nah, too cool for school... maybe, but not too cool for you guys

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dillinger's post:
Vincent Lane (08-14-2016)
Ophelia LaVey Offline
Lady Lust

XWF FanBase:

08-14-2016, 08:40 AM

(08-14-2016, 08:04 AM)Dillinger Said: I'm not sure what my character's wrestling equivalent would be, I kinda try and shy away from the idea of that. I like to develop a character over time, starting with a rough template, I'll then have him evolve; little by little, as the story progresses.. I think in terms of a character in a book/movie/tv show, where things aren't so two dimensional. I prefer grey areas where you have room to adapt. A hero can become a villain or vice versa. Of course the same basic, bare principles still apply to said character, they don't become a different person per se but there are definite complexities that I like to try to get into that make identifying with a source that doesn't do that a little difficult. Lucha Underground is pretty dope, I think it's probably one of the best wrestling programs out there, next to NJPW (I don't watch the WWE, lol) but there's no one wrestling there that I'd compare Dillinger to. I feel left out, lol.

I can think of a gimmick equivalent to Dillinger.

KAZE NI NARE!
Hate Post Like Post
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

08-14-2016, 09:13 AM

Green is supposed to be a throwback to a bygone era of wrestling. Old school brawler.

[Image: juXb2Dg.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Equinox Offline
Mr. Ratings

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

08-14-2016, 04:18 PM

Nox is an entertainer like HBK, but wrestles more closer to Petey Williams and Tajiri.

[Image: q9xELSp.png?1]
Hate Post Like Post
Mr. Oz Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

08-14-2016, 05:22 PM

I don't know GT's equivalent. I wanted to make someone unique. I have always wanted to see a wrestler that's tall as fuck, but can do not just the power moves associated with his size, but able to do the same shit that someone like Rey Mysterio, John Morrison/Nitro/Mundo, Psychosis, Evan Bourne, y'know, those high flying sumbitches that make you go "HOLY SHIT!"

As for persona? I'm not sure. I guess maybe he'd be like Mil Muertes? What with the Death gimmick.

I'd like to know if any of you have any thoughts about GT's wrestling/in-ring equivalents are.

[Image: xdagprt.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
Dillinger Offline

XWF FanBase:

08-14-2016, 10:35 PM

(08-14-2016, 08:40 AM)Ophelia LaVey Said:
(08-14-2016, 08:04 AM)Dillinger Said: I'm not sure what my character's wrestling equivalent would be, I kinda try and shy away from the idea of that. I like to develop a character over time, starting with a rough template, I'll then have him evolve; little by little, as the story progresses.. I think in terms of a character in a book/movie/tv show, where things aren't so two dimensional. I prefer grey areas where you have room to adapt. A hero can become a villain or vice versa. Of course the same basic, bare principles still apply to said character, they don't become a different person per se but there are definite complexities that I like to try to get into that make identifying with a source that doesn't do that a little difficult. Lucha Underground is pretty dope, I think it's probably one of the best wrestling programs out there, next to NJPW (I don't watch the WWE, lol) but there's no one wrestling there that I'd compare Dillinger to. I feel left out, lol.

I can think of a gimmick equivalent to Dillinger.

KAZE NI NARE!

[Image: tumblr_ngh835YUxx1u2ragso1_250.gif]

Hate Post Like Post
Scully Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-15-2016, 12:47 PM

Scully is Scully and that makes him unique. Well I'm only saying that cuz I dont think anyone is similar lol
Hate Post Like Post
Blue Gator Offline
The Walking Disaster

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-15-2016, 01:44 PM

(08-14-2016, 05:22 PM)Ghost Tank Said: I don't know GT's equivalent. I wanted to make someone unique. I have always wanted to see a wrestler that's tall as fuck, but can do not just the power moves associated with his size, but able to do the same shit that someone like Rey Mysterio, John Morrison/Nitro/Mundo, Psychosis, Evan Bourne, y'know, those high flying sumbitches that make you go "HOLY SHIT!"

As for persona? I'm not sure. I guess maybe he'd be like Mil Muertes? What with the Death gimmick.

I'd like to know if any of you have any thoughts about GT's wrestling/in-ring equivalents are.

Maybe Brian Cage? He's a huge bloke that still pulls out high flying moves, though not as big as GT.

My entire character is a merger of Marty Scurll and Joey Ryan, but I originally went with a modern rave lounge lizard character unlike the 70's Ryan gimmick. My wrestling style is a updated version of Ted DiBiase, as well as some BJJ and martial art influences, especially in my finisher.
Hate Post Like Post
Lord of Darkness Reaver Offline
Let the slaughter begin

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

08-18-2016, 01:07 AM

In-Ring equivalent: Sting if he was in ECW

Gimmick Equivalent: I dunno....maybe Kane during his May 19th storyline....

Championships:

1x Trio Tag Champ(w/ Shade and John Black)-8/3/16-????

W/L/T Record: 0-2-0
Hate Post Like Post