Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-04-2024, 03:32 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
The Sit Down
Drew Archyle Offline
Apex's Weakest Link duh

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

09-13-2019, 03:43 AM

Thrusday September 12th in the year of our Lord 2019

As the scene fades in to another nice sunny day in Sin City America, Las Vegas. Home of Robert Main and soon the Oakland Raiders. You know, the team Antonion Brown just ghosted for greener pastures. In the sprawling backyard of Casa De Main is Robert Main, lounging by the pool inching closer and closer to the inevitable skin cancer diagnoses.

Off to the side in the gaudy looking cabana is Drew Archyle and his "main" squeeze Kayla.

See...

[Image: tumblr_oobven9Ola1v6cm6ao1_500.gif]

...she is real. And she fine AF.

Do you really have to go to this? Can't you just stay here and I don't know...call in or something? I took the day off so we could spend it together and now you have to leave? Kayla asks as she leans closer in towards Drew.

I'm sorry, you know I love nothing more than spending time with you. Other than sleeping, sleeping is my favorite, but you're my second favorite. But this...this has to happen. This guy whose name I can't even speak, he committed an unspeakable act against Apex Prophecy. He went against the family and it has to be addressed.

Who cares? We won. It's over and done with. Move on. Main shouts from across the pool.

Ok Robert. I'll just move on. I'll forget what he did. I won't think about how it could happen again. Ned has a case now. You hear that Robert, he has a case. What stops him from cashing in on us and taking the tag titles since it's apparently open season on Apex Prophecy. No Robert I won't just let it go and you shouldn't either. But since you are so preoccupied with your match on Saturday with Page I'll handle the adult stuff. You just leave it all to me.

You as the adult is a scary thought. As Robert takes a sip of his drink.

Be nice Robert. Drew is just trying to do right by you guys.

Yeah Robert, show a little respect. You are worried about you and I'm worried about all of us. Someone needs to do it. The meeting is set. James will be there so put your mind at ease. I just want to hear where the traitor's head is at and what is focus is on going forward. So if you don't mind I need to get a move on. I can't be late to a meeting I called.

Drew gets up from his seat, kisses Kayla on the forehead and then disappears into the home as the scene fades to black.

Several Hours Later at an Undisclosed Location

As the scene fades back in we see Drew Archyle seated by himself at a small fold up table placed in the center of what appears to be an empty warehouse. On the table are a few unopened bottles of water. Standing off to the side looking as dapper as ever is the People's GOAT James Raven.

Are we really doing this Drew?

Well we kinda have to now that you went through all the trouble of getting us this primo local for the meeting. It would be rude to cancel at this late juncture. I am many things James but rude is not one of them. By the by is this thing being catered? I could really go for some lox and cream cheese on a nice onion bagel.

Are you serious?

I never kid about food James. Never. Hashtag name of my second cookbook.

Look Drew I get it, you're annoyed that Centurion teamed up with Lux but it's over and done with. We won.

Did we though? You and Robert won the match but is Robert the Universal Champion still? No he isn't and that is a direct result of that tag team match. As you can see people are coming for us. First it was the Universal Title. Next it's the tag titles, who knows someone might even come for Ned's case. We need to be unified not facing each other. I want to hear from your friend why he took up with Lux and came for our titles. I want to hear what his plans are for the future. And I want to hear it from the horses mouth.

Don't you think that we are better off focusing our efforts on our match with The Arm Collectors and letting sleeping dogs lie? James asks as he starts pacing around the room, intermittently checking his fancy schmancy watch.

I can multitask James. You know this. You wanna talk about The Arm Collectors? Fine, let's talk about them. Steve Justice is a former Xtreme Champion and one of heck of a wrestler. I also really enjoy his promos. They are entertaining which is more than I can say about his partner, but I'll get to him later. A lot of people seem to think that because we are the longest reigning champions that have bested every challenge put before us that we are taking things for granted. That we think we are unbeatable and that's not true.

Not entirely. Everyone is beatable. No one is perfect. We DO make mistakes. But so far what has allowed us to prevail each and every time is our ability to function as a cohesive unit. Apex has been together for a long long time now. We know each others strengths and weaknesses like we know our own social security numbers. We haven't been facing teams. We've been facing two wrestlers who have come to together for common cause. To take our titles. And maybe that might work against lesser champions but not against us. Some people might take exception to us frolicking around a fair but what they see as us taking our opponents lightly I see as us living our best lives. Together. That's what guys like Steve Justice and Hanari Carnes don't get. They see shenanigans. I see team building. And honestly these guys aren't the first to go that route, attacking how we spend our free time but the truth is our reign speaks for itself and it is a direct result of what we do in and out of the ring.

Steve Justice can throw all the threats at us he wants. He can paint the most vivid images of how exactly he is going to cave my skull in and send me to the nursing home drooling and pissing myself. He can say all those things because he has been pretty successful so far in his short career in the XWF but he has not faced us before. And as if that isn't enough...

There's more?

You said you wanted me to focus on our opponents and so I am. You opened this box. No take backs. Now as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted. As confident and cocksure as Steve Justice is he has a real big problem on his hands, beyond the fact that he is facing us and that is that in his corner he is stuck with Hanari Carnes. Now I know, I know, here goes crazy Drew talking all crazy again. These guys have won two matches already, clearly they are pretty good as a tag team that's true. But pretty good isn't good enough. Hanari Carnes weaknesses as a wrestler are as pronounced as his weaknesses speaking English. Seriously does anyone hear this guy talk? One minute the guy speaks perfect English for a good 20 seconds like he's been speaking it his whole life, the next minute he can barely string together two words without sounding like he has a bag of marbles in his mouth. It's almost like the guy isn't really even Dominican. Time to come clean Hanari, if that is even your real name. But no all seriousness aside, horrible broken English and all Hanari's biggest weakness is all in his mind. Physically he is fine but up in his head he's all turned around. And believe me, I know a thing or two about crossed up wiring. Hanari spends so much time trying to justify his own existence and telling people how star spangled awesome he is that he can't seem to really work on perfecting his craft. Sure he's decent out there in the ring but has more holes than a piece of swiss cheese. It's almost like Hanari doesn't even believe his own hype with how much he tries to talk himself up, trying to change this false narrative that he himself created. You know the one where he says everyone doubted him from day one. No one really thought that because no one knew who he was.

When new folks show up most of us just sit back and wait to see what they bring to the table before sitting there and taking a proverbial dump all over them. Hanari showed up and almost immediately won the TV title, ending a pretty lengthy reign by Mastermind. No one had time to call into question what he would become as a wrestler because he had already proven that he could hack it in the ring. Make no mistake about it, Mastermind isn't a Main Event staple like Robert or you Jim but he's not a bum either. He makes you work for your win like few others do and Hanari earned his win. And he's earned a few more since then. But as many wins as he has recently his little streak comes to an end on Saturday.

Drew reaches out and grabs one of the bottles of water. He unscrews the plastic top and then places the bottle to his lips. It only takes about 3 seconds before the entire contents of the bottle have disappeared down Drew's throat.

Is this guy coming or what? It's extremely unprofessional for someone to show up late to a business meeting of this importance.

I think you might be overstating the the importance of this meeting Drew.

And I think you might be underselling it James. This is a serious matter, one that I would like to not continue to hang over us and the only way that will happen is for us to talk about it like men.

A loud bang can be heard off in the distance which is accompanied by both Drew and James turning around and looking in the direction of the sound.

Finally.

The unmistakable sound of footsteps can be heard getting louder and louder until he appears around the corner. Except the he we see is not the one our heroes were expecting.

Hey, you're not the traitor.

Sorry to disappoint Drew.

Ned Kaye continues his march towards Drew and James. Once he reaches the table he places a small white tablet down on the table, it's screen facing in Drew's direction.

What's going on Ned?

Just doing my job Drew.

The screen of the tablet lights up with a bright white screen and then a few seconds later the face of Centurion appears.

Drew.

Traitor.

Look Drew this has gotten out of hand. You're basically stalking me on twitter.Which is making it impossible for me to score chicks. (This last sentence is likely something Drew heard in his head but Cent didn't actually say.) It's over and done with ok? We lost. I lost. Let's just move on. I have a match with Santos coming up. You have a tag title defense and Main has to get his title back from Unknown Soldier

You'd like that wouldn't you? For me to just forget all about what you did. Let me ask you something, why did you do it? Why did you come after our titles?

I didn't come after your titles. Lux asked me to be her partner. She has a lot of talent and I wanted to see what we could do. I certainly didn't expect to face Apex in your first defense.

It was a tag team tournament, there was a better than zero percent chance you were going to face Apex at some point. You turned your back on us. You came for our titles. I don't think you really understand the gravity of that.

I was asked to help. I did. We lost. I've moved on. You should too.

And you should go play in traffic.

Drew!

You're right James. That was rude. I get that you're old school Cent. You were asked to do a job and you did it. It's not personal, so you say but to me it is. It's about trust. I trust James. I trust Bob. I have no reason not to trust Ned. People are coming for Apex Prophecy. It would be nice to go into each and every battle being able to trust the people next to me. It's that simple.

You can trust me Drew because James can trust me.

Drew looks over towards James who is nodding in the affirmative.

Oh well why didn't you just say so? Good chat Cent. Catch you on the flip side.

Wait what?

Drew reaches out towards the tablet and starts pressing all kinds of buttons with not a single clue as to what he is doing.

How do you turn this stupid thing off?

What's happening? Centurion asks as he inches closer towards the screen on his end of the connection.

Right here Drew.

Ned reaches out and grabs the tablet from Drew and taps a button on the top left corner which immediately makes the screen go dark. Ned looks the tablet over real quick and then hands it back to Drew.

Here you go.

Why are you giving me this?

Cent told me to give this to you at the end of the meeting as a peace offering.

What am I supposed to do with it? Drew asks as he starts examining every inch of the tablet.

Cent thought you could use it for watching cooking shows or to film yourself cooking if you wanted. It has a camera on it right there. Ned says as he points to a small circular lens at the top center of the tablet.

Film myself cooking you say? I like it. You tell Cent we're all good.

Really? That's all it took? A gift.

No James that's not all it took. I'm not the type of girl you can just buy off with gifts. I wanted to look Cent in the eyes when he told me what happened. They say the eyes are the window to our soul and I wanted to see if his soul is pure. Plus you said you could trust him so yeah we're good.

Unbelievable.

Believe it buddy. Now that that's settled we can get back to the task at hand. The Arm Collectors. Are you ready for this match James? Who am I kidding. Of course you are. You're the People's G.O.A.T. and the people want to see Apex win and win and win. Guys like Hanari and Steve, they can talk about how Bob losing the title is a precursor to the crumbling of Camelot but they would be wrong. People have doubted us before. When we faced The Motherfuckers as an example. And then we dusted them as easily as if we were to snap a finger. Poof. Disappeared. Never to be heard from again. Chris Page and his band of ball ticklers, all like 9 of them. They came in, tried to turn the fed upside down only to be met by us and now look at them. It's just a broken Chris Page, Tristan Slater and Famine of the Vile. Maybe they will beat the baddest bitches on the block, I mean that endearingly btw's but I doubt it they will. Selfishly I hope they do so that at Relentless we can finish off Page's goon squad once and for all. Bob losing the title wasn't a precursor to anything more than Bob becoming a two time champion. That's it. Period.

Believe it or not James but the rumors of our impending demise were greatly exaggerated. Now let's get some food. I'm hungry. How do you fellas feel about burritos?

I could eat.

Good. Because you are also gonna be paying.

Seriously?

Yep. Welcome to the big leagues rook. Consider this the beginning of your hazing period.

Drew grabs the tablet off the table and stuffs it into his bag which he then promptly tosses over his shoulder before heading towards the exit. Raven and Ned follow behind a few feet away before Ned grabs Raven by the shoulder causing Raven to stop and spin around.

Has he always been like this?

Insane?

I was going to say spacey but yeah insane works too I suppose.

Yes he has. But oddly enough it's part of his charm. You get used to it after a while.

Ned finds an odd level of comfort in Raven's response as the two then follow Drew's path out of the building and onto the streets as the camera fades to black.

[Image: mIFJDRA.png]

Former:

[Image: fMJwa5h.png]
w/ Robert "The Omega" Main and and James Raven "Apex" Longest reigning tag team champions in XWF history at 241 days.
[Image: nLYNvyj.png]
[Image: sxRvsd0.png]
[Image: OZdvB4F.png]

February 2018 Superstar Of The Month
March 2019 RPOTM For Captain Americhyle - The First Apexvenger
Winning Team War Games 2017 w/Apex
XWF Federweight Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Drew Archyle's post:
(09-13-2019), Atticus Gold (09-13-2019), Madison Dyson (09-13-2019), Robert "The Omega" Main (09-13-2019)