Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-10-2024, 03:00 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pimp Your PC... What kinda Rig you got?
C Y R E N Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-13-2013, 06:04 PM

Hey all

I'm bored.

Here's the skinny on my 'rig.' What you guys got?

[Image: propertiespc.png]

[Image: winrating.png]

[Image: dxdiag1u.png]

[Image: dxdiag2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
EricLewis

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-14-2013, 06:32 PM

3 macs (black MacBook, 2006 iMac, 2009 Mini dual booted with WinXP), an iPhone 4S, and a generic HP desktop using Win7 at work.

I'd like to build another gaming rig, but I just don't have the time anymore to build anything.
C Y R E N Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-14-2013, 06:39 PM

It takes like 20 mins to build a PC, lol.
Hate Post Like Post
JohnMWhite Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

(usually booed; often plays dirty)

01-14-2013, 07:04 PM

Well, slotting everything together and turning it on doesn't take long, of course, but you have to source and ship all the parts, after doing your research and finding exactly what you want and need.

Speaking of PCs, anybody here running Windows 8? Just wondering what people thought of it.
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-14-2013, 07:07 PM

The PC I sit at:

Rating: 5.9
AMD 4100 Quad Core 3.6 GHz
8 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6670
500 Gb HD

I bought it from IBuyPower. I believe it only cost me $600. Shitty case though, I'll probably get a new one. So far it's played all the games I bought on max settings with no problems. I've tested Assassins Creed 3, Dishonored, Mass Effect 3, and the new Max Pain. I have two small ASUS monitors hooked up to it which is convenient as fuck for everything.

My other setup is a simple media computer that we have hooked up to our big TV for netflix, movies and streaming.

I want to build my own, but I want it to be something I can drop a ton of money on.

Quote:Speaking of PCs, anybody here running Windows 8? Just wondering what people thought of it.

I've heard it hasn't changed much, and isn't worth the upgrade at the moment. I'll probably sleep through it until the next version comes out.
Hate Post Like Post
JohnMWhite Offline

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

01-14-2013, 07:25 PM

Until the end of January you can upgrade to Win 8 from XP, Vista or 7 for $40. I hate to sound like a commercial but that's an extremely tempting price. I'm running the evaluation now and trying to make up my mind. I've noticed it feels lighter than 7 and, aside from the absolutely awful Start Page, the interface is quite nice. Apps are useless on the desktop, though, and I'm just finding it hard to justify paying for it when its headline new features are terrible. Under the hood it runs nicely, but I'm not sure if that's enough, even for 40 bucks. If I did get it, it wouldn't be because of Metro or the Windows Store, it'd be in spite of it.
Hate Post Like Post
EricLewis

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-14-2013, 07:39 PM

There's a difference between slapping parts into a case and building a rig. Building a rig is a work of art, and if I'm going to do it, I'm doing it right. I want to turn a blender from the 80's into a fully functional kitchen desktop. Maybe hack an old NES Advantage with a thumb drive and USB cable, turning it into an NES emulator.

That would be Awesome.
JohnMWhite Offline

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

01-14-2013, 07:53 PM

You could stick a Raspberry Pi in the NES case, that should be plenty to run the emulator.
Hate Post Like Post
EricLewis

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-14-2013, 08:14 PM

That's a possibility. One thing I was thinking of doing was putting a small hub with a thumb drive containing the emulator and the library. Connect the controller to the hub, and the exit cable replacing the controller cable. Should be able to mount everything as one unit, if done right.