Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-20-2024, 10:19 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! ALL READ: New show structure moving forward
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

06-10-2015, 11:33 AM

It seems my full return has had some complications. Yes, it's true, for those who heard the rumors... I had a rock in my dick. Was it fun? Not so much. Anyone else who has had to deal with stones in the dick knows what I'm talking about. It's worse pain than child birth!

With that said, it's time for the big announcement regarding the shows!

Monday Madness and Wednesday Warfare will continue to be our main shows, but will no longer be separated by different ratings. Instead, we're going to turn Monday Madness into what can most easily be described as "the NXT of the XWF" and quite frankly I have a feeling it's going to be very popular. NEW sign ups (who are controlled by NEW handlers) will almost always be placed on Madness to start with, until we have a good idea of what level of talent that person should be getting booked against regularly. If a new handler thinks they want to jump straight to Warfare, they'll need to supply the staff with at least one sample RP that is hopefully their best work ever, and we'll decide if they're ready to jump right into Warfare.

We basically want to think of Monday Madness as the "really fun, but also really EASY show" and that is going to also be accomplished by a new RP limit of THREE. EVERY SINGLE MATCH on Monday Madness will ALWAYS have an RP limit of THREE. The only exception will be if the people in a specific match all agreed to a different limit, and management approves it and marks their match as such on the upcoming card. Now, keep in mind the RP limit is also designed to help staff run this show very easily and quickly, so DO NOT expect us to grant larger RP limits. Usually if any RP negotiations are being had for Madness, it should be if you wanted LESS than three. Maybe you know you're going to be very busy next week but you still want a match? Set up a ONE RP limit match with somebody who's willing, or even a two rp limit match. No problem at all!

Will Madness be ONLY for new members? Absolutely not. Madness will also be the show where veterans and returning stars can go to if they just simply don't have the time to RP all week long back and forth. I know a good handful of people who have stayed away from the fed because of its lack of limits, and they are just very busy people, so it's time to open up a show for those who have busier lives but still wish to have fun in the XWF.

Next point of concern: What if the veterans all flock over to Madness just so they can get easier wins/take advantage of noobs/etc...? Nope! I'm personally going to be the head of booking all matches for Monday Madness as soon as this change is implemented, and I will NOT be booking handlers in uneven matches. Once I know who you are, and once I know your talent level, expect to be booked accordingly. This will not be how our brief "RTX" show was, where multiple veteran handlers all made "new characters" and beat all the new members and made them quit. The entire goal of the new Madness will be to keep things EASY and FUN for EVERYBODY involved... staff and RPers. This also means results will be shorter. Some matches will be summed up very quickly, but as you move up the ladder and provide harder hitting work, you'll obviously be given more meat to your matches.

When we put up booking threads for Madness, we're going to clearly state in the thread how many openings we are accepting for that week. There's a really, really, really, really good chance that EVERY week will be mandatory opt in for Madness, meaning there's no such thing as getting automatically booked... you'll HAVE to reply if you want us to consider booking you that week. I'm still not 100% sure on this; we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but since Madness will only take a limited number of people each week, it only makes sense to make sure we start each week with a clean and empty slate.

Wednesday Warfare will remain a NO limit show (aside from the usual anti-flood rules) and will be considered the show where full time veterans reside. It will be considered the top show, period. IC and OOC. For example, the Universal title will only be defended on Warfare. There should never be a reason that our Universal champions or contenders need a light/easy schedule the week OF an actual title defense. They're welcome to take matches on the easier show as needed, but the actual Universal title matches will be no limits, always. This also means we will probably be dedicating a specific title to being the top Madness title, or maybe even two titles for Madness exclusively, depending of course on how this all plays out over the next few weeks and the responses we see.

Lastly, traditional vs bat shit insane. You liked having the option of choosing which type of match you're in, right? Well, you still DO have that option and now it applies to BOTH shows! Every single show will have an hour of traditional television and an hour of completely unrated/x-treme television! It's this simple... when you opt in for Madness or Warfare, you will also let us know if you want to be booked in the traditional hour or the x-treme hour. Then, the booker will make the magic happen! If you DON'T MIND either style, then you can simply leave it up to the booker which match type you're entered into that week. I have a feeling some of you will rather enjoy leaving it up to us and seeing which style you need to use that week, and that's perfectly fine.

Let the questions, comments, etc... begin!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 10 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(06-10-2015), (06-10-2015), Doctor Louis D'Ville (06-10-2015), Great Buzzard Eli James IV (06-10-2015), Hank Lane (06-13-2015), Hooded Man (06-10-2015), Kirk MacClay (06-10-2015), Mr Killjoy (06-10-2015), Ozymandias (06-10-2015), Peter Fn Gilmour (06-10-2015)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

06-10-2015, 12:07 PM

sounds exciting

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
Doctor Louis D'Ville (06-10-2015)
Mr Killjoy Offline
Who wants their trap silenced?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

06-10-2015, 12:15 PM

Sounds good,I kinda wish both shows had RP limits besides title matches/main event matches though, then again this fed judges quality over quantity which is good to see, so I guess its not that much of a problem.

[Image: UbmSUem.jpg]

Banner created by Gabe "The Radical" Reno

XWF Career accomplishments/Highlights:

One Time XWF Universal Champion
Two Time X-Treme Champion
One Time Intercontinental Champion
One Time World Tag Team Champion
XWF All Time Top 50 inductee
One Time 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Intercontinental Royal Rumble Winner
Captained the winning team "Team Dominance" at War Games '15
Lethal Lottery IV Finalist
July 2015 Superstar Of The Month
March 2017 Superstar Of The Month
October 2016 Promo Of The Month "Changes"

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr Killjoy's post:
Ozymandias (06-10-2015)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

06-10-2015, 12:40 PM

(06-10-2015, 12:15 PM)"Mr FN Dominance Said: Sounds good,I kinda wish both shows had RP limits besides title matches/main event matches though, then again this fed judges quality over quantity which is good to see, so I guess its not that much of a problem.

Even on the show with no limits, you guys are always welcome to negotiate a smaller limit if need be. If you and another handler both agree to have a set RP limit for your match on Warfare, that's perfectly acceptable. Just try to make sure the agreement is public (like in the booking thread) so staff knows you guys agreed to that and can do their best to book accordingly.

Another option is, once you see who you are booked against, you can always set up an agreement with that person privately if you prefer. Most of the people here are pretty willing to work out a deal/limit on any given week if someone brings it up to them. There have actually been many times where a match privately gets a smaller RP limit agreed to by its participants, and the general audience is none the wiser.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(06-10-2015)
Mr Killjoy Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-10-2015, 01:04 PM

(06-10-2015, 12:40 PM)Shane Anonistrator Said:
(06-10-2015, 12:15 PM)"Mr FN Dominance Said: Sounds good,I kinda wish both shows had RP limits besides title matches/main event matches though, then again this fed judges quality over quantity which is good to see, so I guess its not that much of a problem.

Even on the show with no limits, you guys are always welcome to negotiate a smaller limit if need be. If you and another handler both agree to have a set RP limit for your match on Warfare, that's perfectly acceptable. Just try to make sure the agreement is public (like in the booking thread) so staff knows you guys agreed to that and can do their best to book accordingly.

Another option is, once you see who you are booked against, you can always set up an agreement with that person privately if you prefer. Most of the people here are pretty willing to work out a deal/limit on any given week if someone brings it up to them. There have actually been many times where a match privately gets a smaller RP limit agreed to by its participants, and the general audience is none the wiser.

Ah OK sweet, sounds reasonable.

Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

06-10-2015, 01:20 PM

Copying from the Madness Booking Thread.

(06-10-2015, 01:13 PM)Thunderbolt X Said: Out, I really don't like the 2 styles combined idea. Like what if a Main Event was the X-rated style but the competitors want a PG style RP. If you know me really well then you will know that I only write PG rp's so I guess I can't main event Madness. Also does this new format dissrupt anything significant such as rivalry's and Title Matches?

We'll probably be switching it up from time to time. There will be weeks that see traditional style main events, yes. For this week though, it'll be hour 1 = traditional and hour 2 = x-treme. As far as disrupting rivalries and title matches, the only disruption would be if two people don't want to both be on the same show anymore for whatever reason.

[Image: uuNaMEP.png]
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-10-2015, 02:04 PM

Yeah, I imagine the main event hour will depend on who's booked.

For instance you wouldn't see Theo Pryce vs Crimson Dong in the main event just because they chose the crazy hour since Theo is ajobber. If Lane/Thunderbolt opted in on that same show and asked for traditional, chances are the traditional hour will go last since it would be a bigger main event.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
(06-10-2015), Great Buzzard Eli James IV (06-10-2015), Hooded Man (06-10-2015), Ozymandias (06-10-2015), Wallace Witasick (06-10-2015)
Thunderbolt Lying Asshole Offline
I'm sure having fun now! Look at me!

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(shemale)

06-10-2015, 02:08 PM

I understand now thanks

I'm a lying asshole who says in public threads that he donated to the fed when he didn't

I'm a whiny bitch who sends shitty PMs to my opponent after he beats me fairly

I'm also pretty sure I might be , except I still don't know what means

Be my friend
Hate Post Like Post
Ginger Snaps Offline
<3 Ginger <3

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-10-2015, 02:09 PM

Can we opt in for a no trash talk match?

[Image: aTUIZMN.png]

<3 Gator <3
Hate Post Like Post
Mr Killjoy Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-10-2015, 02:14 PM

(06-10-2015, 02:09 PM)Ginger Snaps Said: Can we opt in for a no trash talk match?

People post non trash talk RPs against people who majorly trash talk all the time.

Its a good strategy actually,its hard to trash talk a story lol.

Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

06-10-2015, 02:57 PM

(06-10-2015, 02:04 PM)Burger King John Said: Yeah, I imagine the main event hour will depend on who's booked.

For instance you wouldn't see Theo Pryce vs Crimson Dong in the main event just because they chose the crazy hour since Theo is ajobber. If Lane/Thunderbolt opted in on that same show and asked for traditional, chances are the traditional hour will go last since it would be a bigger main event.

Damn dawg. I mean I know I'm retired and all but ajobber?

That shit cuts deep.

Like all the way down to my core.

Hate Post Like Post
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-10-2015, 03:31 PM

(06-10-2015, 02:57 PM)Ozymandias Said:
(06-10-2015, 02:04 PM)Burger King John Said: Yeah, I imagine the main event hour will depend on who's booked.

Damn dawg. I mean I know I'm retired and all but ajobber?

That shit cuts deep.

Like all the way down to my core.

Don't take it personal. Everyone is ajobber compared to Dong.
Hate Post Like Post
Ozymandias Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:

06-10-2015, 03:44 PM

Thanks man. I appreciate that. Maddy had me all shame faced but you know how to pick a guy up when he's feeling down.

Hate Post Like Post
Great Buzzard Eli James IV Offline
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-10-2015, 06:11 PM

So what you're saying is a kidney stone, though painful, gave you this idea? The only idea I had when I passed my stone was a woman should've sucked it out. Pleasure and pain baby. That's how I roll, and I'm not talkin' blunts either.

[Image: N1KpZEA.jpg]

1x Universal Champion
1x Undefeated Trio Champion (1/3)
1x Undefeated Tag Team Champion
1x Undefeated European Champion
2x Undefeated UFO/FTW (Ark of the Covenant) Champion
1x United States Champion
2013 July Star of the Month
The One Who Ended & The Administrator
Former Owner of the XWF
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Great Buzzard Eli James IV's post: