Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-12-2024, 07:06 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opinion
Scully Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-27-2014, 11:10 AM

I might get victimised for my opinion here. I really do like this fed but there's something on here that make it a bit stupid and I prefer realism. I'm not saying I'm going to leave because of it. For example Cain killing his opponent. The heavy metal weight title whatever how dumb is that title
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-27-2014, 11:13 AM

Ah, the HMT is just for laughs really. Keeps people having fun and being involved.

And the deaths are like punishment for not being active. Pretty sure Sacrelidge asked to be killed if he lost.

Hate Post Like Post
Socrates Offline
#ASCEND.

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-27-2014, 11:23 AM

Not all parts of the fed are compulsory! Death storylines and the Heavy Metal title are for fun, it keeps people entertained.
Fantasy>Reality.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Socrates's post:
Vincent Lane (08-27-2014)
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-27-2014, 11:28 AM

(08-27-2014, 11:10 AM)Scully Said: I might get victimised for my opinion here. I really do like this fed but there's something on here that make it a bit stupid and I prefer realism. I'm not saying I'm going to leave because of it. For example Cain killing his opponent. The heavy metal weight title whatever how dumb is that title

I have been here several years now and never gone for that title in its many incarnations...nor the old Shove It shows which pushed the barriers further than I liked to do in my own writing. However not once did I refer to either as 'dumb'.

This is a game at the end of the day. I used to have issues with people using racism etc (again though I never referred to them as dumb), but i have come to accept that people like what they like, just because you or I have no interest does not mean we have to inflict that opinion on other people and refer to their fun as stupid or dumb. It's kind of disrespectful, don't you think?
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Neonero's post:
(08-27-2014), AerialKnight (08-27-2014), Ozymandias (08-27-2014)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-27-2014, 11:33 AM

You only get killed if you no show in a debut or just vanish without telling us anything for more than 1 match after your debut and haven't established yourself as somebody we think will return. If you're worried about randomly getting killed for a match you RP for, it won't happen. (and yes, in the Sacrilege case he actually asked OOC to be killed off after the match)

If anybody wants to start killing more people, we do let people murder individuals who no show their debut. All you have to do is ask or send in a segment when you realize a person has no showed in their debut. Smile

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-27-2014, 11:40 AM

Plus, the killings aren't even necessarily permanent, from what I gather.

Hate Post Like Post
Luke Gunnar Offline

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

08-27-2014, 11:47 AM

Hi, two cents time.

I'll put it out there and say the killings, the HMW Titles, the Shove Its, all the comedy things. I probably won't take part in them if only because of a lack of interest and it wouldn't fit my character very much. That's not to say I don't like the idea of them, it gets people having fun I just choose to focus on the main matches.

I guess what I'm getting at is, you don't HAVE to partake in the gags, its cool if you do but some people just don't find an interest in it.

[Image: HJjQGDo.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luke Gunnar's post:
(08-27-2014)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-27-2014, 12:04 PM

The shows should stay pretty realistic compared to the stuff that goes down in the 24/7 area. The only ones to look out for where the really crazy shit happens is the occasional Shove Its.

I'll consider raising the expected realism of Warfare though, if that's something people want to see. It used to be that Warfare was a PG show (no uncensored foul language, sex, or murder allowed on shows or RPs) but very few people cared and so I don't think I'll take it that far again.

But then the issue becomes where do you draw the line for what should be considered realistic. For instance, the Mr. Supernova character itself is pretty unrealistic. An alien who's blown up planets? Yet he's one of the best writers and is able to make his stuff relevant to wrestling. So should he be penalized for being the most unrealistic story? Cause I'd say Cain murdering someone for a title is a little more realistic than a time travelling alien.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
Ozymandias (08-27-2014), Vincent Lane (08-27-2014)
Scully Offline

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-27-2014, 12:48 PM

Maybe dumb is the wrong word, lame might be a better one. I know this is all fiction and we make it up as we go along. It is all fun. Maybe I'm just too old or mature to see the fun side of the HMW Title. Even I can be childish alot, I like a laugh and a joke.
So I can sign in as a guest, be a steel chair and attack the chump, I don't see how that is funny. It's like 5 year old stuff.
I'm the kinda guy who says what's on mind, I wasn't doing it for the purpose of being an a hole
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-27-2014, 12:50 PM

LOL

Dude who plays online fake wrestling is too mature.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vincent Lane's post:
Unknown Soldier (08-28-2014)
Scully Offline

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

08-27-2014, 12:55 PM

You have a point Loverboy. I guess i've just never been in a fed like this before. I'm on the Super shove it to the weekend show. I got find a super power, time to be a clown ☺
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scully's post:
Vincent Lane (08-27-2014)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-27-2014, 12:57 PM

You should have your superpower be that you turn into a chair and beat down people with heavy metal titles, and murder them after. Tongue

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Gator (08-27-2014), Liz Hathaway (08-27-2014)
Scully Offline

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

08-27-2014, 01:00 PM

Haha Good one Shane
Hate Post Like Post
SwagMire

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-27-2014, 01:01 PM

I'm a 25 year old Medical Professional. When I started I was running a contract for the United States Department of the Army. I can see the humour in all of this. Except taking it too seriously. It's like watching South Park, or Doctor Who. You just turn off the seriousness for a while. But I agree, it is dumb. Dumb fun. And I don't mean that as an insult, the Heavy Metal title is meant to be stupid fun. Hence the ridiculous pins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwagMire's post:
Luke Gunnar (08-27-2014)
Blizzard Offline
Big Cock

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

08-27-2014, 01:14 PM

This is like ECW mixed with Chikara. The show may not be realistic but most television is unrealistic.

[Image: hw7M8KM.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Blizzard's post:
Great Buzzard Eli James IV (08-28-2014), Vincent Lane (08-27-2014)
Zoey Ryback Offline
--The Original Daughter of Destruction--

XWF FanBase:

08-28-2014, 06:30 AM

dude there are actually super heroes in this fed LoL Azrael! But whether or not they use that bullshit from their RPs in the matches is like... up to them.

LoL! dude its gotta be fun.

[Image: zoey2_zps7e97bccb.png]

[Image: nickxwf_zps4da01d73.png]
[Image: mckayla_zpsf517aade.png]

-w/l/d-
5-1-0

Copyright 2014 Suicide Note Productions
Hate Post Like Post
SwagMire

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-28-2014, 06:39 AM

AZ is a simple human. He used to be an alien, then he got turned human. He stills has a sense of adventure and stuff. Still smells of cinnamon, too. But hooman. Guppy is a super hero.
Zoey Ryback Offline
--The Original Daughter of Destruction--

XWF FanBase:

08-28-2014, 06:42 AM

Oh Yeah! LoL! We're Just a bunch of charactors.

[Image: zoey2_zps7e97bccb.png]

[Image: nickxwf_zps4da01d73.png]
[Image: mckayla_zpsf517aade.png]

-w/l/d-
5-1-0

Copyright 2014 Suicide Note Productions
Hate Post Like Post