Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-12-2024, 02:04 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Treme Title Reform
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-22-2013, 03:39 PM

Good evening loyal subjects of the realm....oh fuck it, who am I kidding, I'm the least respected King since Madison, why bother trying to gain your favor.

Anyway, a bunch of us were talking on Skye(if you don't partake in Skype Chat, shame on you, PM me and I would love to bring you into the nonstop fun that is XWF chat) back to the point. We were talking about the Xtreme Title and our perceived belief in a need for some reform in the title. And please know this has nothing to do with the current title holder and everything to do with the title itself, how it is won, and how it is maintained.

Tony Santos has a fantastic idea earlier that a few of us got on board with and rather than completely fucking up what he said, I'd rather he respond to this and tell you all and then at that point I would love to see some discussion from the rest of the fed to get your thoughts, does it need reform or are you cool with how it is now? If you would like to see something different please share it. I'd love to hear what you all think.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
LJ Havok (12-22-2013), Minxs (12-22-2013), Tony Santos (12-22-2013)
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 04:09 PM

Here's what I had proposed in our Skype chat earlier:

"What about a modified 24/7 rule, where the challenger posts a 100 word max RP, and the champ has a day to respond with a 200 word max RP?
Then a quick judgment is made (say, in a day or so)."

Basically, we should do something where challenges are (very) miniature RPs, and the champion has the advantage of extra space. The challenger posts, then the champ has 24 hours to respond. Then, however this may come about, an admin or random judge judges the match and picks a winner. No results, just a winner (maybe a quick segment where something happens backstage, leading to a pin).

This makes the championship more than a "I hope the champion has to file his taxes and H&R Block has him by the balls with questions, finally realizing that he's actually been defrauding the IRS for months and we thus have to report him so he can be sent to jail, thus catching him off guard" championship.

September 2013 and May 2019 Star of the Month
1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

[Image: VIh61T5.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 7 users Like Tony Santos's post:
Jason E Smith (12-22-2013), LJ Havok (12-22-2013), Minxs (12-22-2013), Mystica (12-22-2013), Smoke (12-22-2013), Steve "KingSlayer" Davids (12-22-2013), Theo Pryce (12-22-2013)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

12-22-2013, 04:23 PM

I like that. I think when it comes to judging you either go the GM route, or maybe people the GM's trust to judge and then have like a rotating schedule so that the same people aren't responsible for judging all the time. I know it's not much that you are judging so the GM's can probably handle it.

Also, how often would the Xtreme Champ defend the title on cards? Every week? Every two weeks thus allowing them to take part in other matches for other titles/events?

What about the current perks for the X-Title at the 2 week and 6 week mark?

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 05:02 PM

I like the idea of the quick promo type of pins for the X-Treme Title.

One promo required by the champ every 24 hours for as long as someone is challenging him/her.

I don't think it should be strictly promo work though. I'd like to see it incorporate some of the old UFO rules where you had to create a good story for your pin attempt. (not disguising or hiding pins) If you don't want to be creative with your pin, that's fine. Simply cut your 200 word promo (and hope that its great) and then type pin at the bottom.

For that reason, I'd have it be 200 words max for the attacker and 250 max for the defender. For reference, 200-250 is a little more than the length of Tony's post.

With that in place, the X-Treme champion could do their title defenses more sporadically on the shows since they would be defending against multiple opponents throughout the week.

I think it would be fun, but I suppose the traditional rules of the title are fine as well.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
Minxs (12-22-2013), Smoke (12-22-2013), Theo Pryce (12-22-2013), Tony Santos (12-22-2013)
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 05:10 PM

(12-22-2013, 05:07 PM)Michael McBride Said: I like Maddy's idea but I do like the old rules as well. All great ideas in my eyes.

Stop being so neutral. Pick a side, McBride!

That rhymes, eh? You have a new catchphrase. Let's start a segment where you have to choose between your Irish family and their wishes for you to marry a nice Irish gal and move back to Dublin, or your current woman, who happens to be a full-blooded New Yorker. Pick a side, McBride!

1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tony Santos's post:
Smoke (12-22-2013)
Smoke Away
://location_unknown---

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

12-22-2013, 05:12 PM

(12-22-2013, 05:10 PM)Tony Santos Said:
(12-22-2013, 05:07 PM)Michael McBride Said: I like Maddy's idea but I do like the old rules as well. All great ideas in my eyes.

That rhymes, eh? You have a new catchphrase. Let's start a segment where you have to choose between your Irish family and their wishes for you to marry a nice Irish gal and move back to Dublin, or your current woman, who happens to be a full-blooded New Yorker. Pick a side, McBride!

Sounds like a potential sitcom, if you ask me. We can put it before every XWF event showing, just after the hit show: "Shane and the Potatoes".

[Image: logosmoke_zpsfca57577.png]

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
4x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smoke's post:
Tony Santos (12-22-2013)
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 05:13 PM

(12-22-2013, 05:12 PM)Smoke Man Said:
(12-22-2013, 05:10 PM)Tony Santos Said:

Sounds like a potential sitcom, if you ask me. We can put it before every XWF event showing, just after the hit show: "Shane and the Potatoes".

Oh my god, Pick a Side McBride would be a fantastic cutaway segment on select XWF shows!

1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tony Santos's post:
Smoke (12-22-2013)
Hunter Payne Offline
RIP Ray Peterson

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 06:26 PM

My only argument would be,

Why not just create a NEW Championship with these specifications?

I think we have enough active people for another title anyway. Plus, everybody likes something new, and we can have 3 24/7 titles, all with different rules set to obtain each one. The Xtreme Title with the 12 hour kickout. The UFO Title with the hidden pins. Then this title which involves having the better story.

[Image: 111315-wwe-Eddie-Guerrero-pi-mp.vresize....high.1.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-22-2013, 06:39 PM

mmm I think our title setup is perfect actually. We already have two separate tag championships to book which can be a pain sometimes.

I think the idea in this thread is good, but the better and easier solution is to go with is the newly proposed "6 defense rule."
Hate Post Like Post