Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-23-2024, 11:20 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Announcements & Important Info
Introducing: XWF's very own Elo Rankings!
ELO Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Flop

(boring; promos act as sleeping medicine; never recognized in public)

06-01-2024, 05:21 AM

Hello everyone! My name is Elton Llewellyn Orville and I like numbers! Using this numerical love of mine, I embarked upon a quest to determine who the greatest XWF superstar of all time is. Alas, as the numbers told me, this is not so easy to determine. I could, however, create a relative rating system of XWF talent month-by-month using a variation of the Elo system. So I did.

What is Elo?
Named after physics professor Arpad Elo, the Elo rating system was developed to calculate relative skill levels whereby the difference in ratings can serve as a predictor of outcomes between competitors. It was originally developed for chess, but has since been adapted for a wide variety of other purposes from official Magic the Gathering tournaments to the official FIFA World Rankings. More information can be found here.

So what does this mean for the XWF?
Data-based ratings and rankings every month from January 2013 to today and beyond!

Monthly lists, starting with this year - 2024 - and then going back to the beginning in January 2013, will be released as time allows. The ratings are already calculated, so it's just an administrative exercise to format and publish them now.

At the beginning of the rollout here, over 900 shows have been included and over 1600 individual characters at various times. Excluded were house shows, the 24/7 boards, any pre-shows where only the winner was announced without written results, (as most recently seen on Madness), and incomplete Shove-It events.

I will endeavour to publish the current year’s list near the start of each month, while filling in the previous years as best I can periodically. I’m part way through formatting 2013 at the time of writing this, but there are A LOT of wrestlers on those lists so it’s taking a longer time.

Other than that, check out the Q&A below for some more specifics on how calculations are made, or just take a look at the lists when they suit you! Hope you like it!

Any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Q&A

Edit Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

06-01-2024, 09:23 AM

Do owners get a bonus 100 points?
Hate Post Like Post
ELO Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Flop

(boring; promos act as sleeping medicine; never recognized in public)

06-02-2024, 04:05 AM

(06-01-2024, 09:23 AM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: Do owners get a bonus 100 points?

Maybe if they didn't fail the activity test.
+100 to Theo Pryce.
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

06-02-2024, 12:17 PM

Wow dude! I'm cancelling your company Dave & Buster's card!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
ELO (06-05-2024)