Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-13-2024, 03:16 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playstation 4
Crimson Deadly Away
The Pinions Master

XWF FanBase:
Heel w/ Cult Following

(the heel you love to love; does whatever they want)

02-20-2013, 06:04 PM

So, I didn't know where to post this, so I just posted it where it says games... So apparently Sony have announced the Playstation 4, and it's gunna be released into the markets THIS summer, here's a link with the article:

http://kotaku.com/5985759/sony-announces...ystation-4

The question is, what are your thoughts about it?

Personally, I'm not interested in playstation anymore, I had the ps1 and ps2 as a kid but when the 360 came out, that was my console of choice and I plan to buy the next Xbox console as well (well... When it's had a few price drops of course). Just thought I'd post this so we could all just comment on it Tongue

Italic, change a to i and n to i
[Image: siggy1.png]
W/L/D
3/2/0
pin!
pin
Trophy Cabinet:
1. 24/7 WTF UFO E1999 Champion: 18/02/13 - 19/02/13
2. 24/7 WTF UFO E1999 Champion: 20/02/13 - 21/02/13
Edit Hate Post Like Post
John_Black Offline
Tha Soulja Of Nuthin'
TITLE - Revolution Champion

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

02-20-2013, 06:06 PM

Who Would Buy it?

An Outsider Thug.
[Image: killer-mike.jpg?w=300]
Hate Post Like Post
Agony Offline
Agony, The Wrestling Messiah

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

02-20-2013, 06:13 PM

I will! I wish they had showed us what it looks like or even a price point, but those will come in time. Besides why let Microsoft have the advantage of watching our reactions to the design and price of PS4 before they even announce the Xbox 3.

And the PS4 isn't releasing this summer, they gave us a predictable release date of Holiday season 2013. So hopefully that means before Christmas lol.

[Image: WristClutchExploder.gif] [Image: 66zvj9.jpg]
Accomplishments:
1x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion 02/23/13 - 02/27/13
First to make "Olympic Gold Medalist" Martin O' Connor tap out!

Record:
W/L/D
6-3-0
I've never tapped out. I am excellence. I am the Wrestling Messiah and I am here to save you from the mediocrity in XWF.
[/color]
Hate Post Like Post
Crimson Deadly Away
The Pinions Master

XWF FanBase:
Heel w/ Cult Following

02-20-2013, 06:57 PM

yeah, noticed that it's likely to be near december when I looked at the release dates of their previous consoles, plus it would make sense since parents will be buying games for thei kids lol...

I think Xbox 720/Infinity will kill Ps4 this time around... Only reason people buy ps3's anymore is for the free access to the ps network... I know each brand have their patriots but, of course, now Xbox have a little time to pull something unexpected out of their sleeve that PS4 doesn't have... Why? Because Playstation have already announced a lot of what they've got Tongue

W/L/D
3/2/0
pin!
pin
Trophy Cabinet:
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

02-20-2013, 08:31 PM

Get to play ps 1-3 games on the new system sold me

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Chris MacBeth Offline
Knight of the X-Treme

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

02-21-2013, 01:48 AM

It's all about the plays toon for me. I have owned almost every notable console but I have slowly turned into a playstation man and that's how ill stay. Remember 360 got the release jump over the ps3 and it was still the more popular console so Microsoft now having more time to develop there new console doesn't mean it will have an advantage over the playstation.

In my opinion. :-)

[Image: bkr0f_Tl.jpg]

Chris Macbeth's Backstage Page

1 X XWF Hart Champion - 04/27/16 - 06/08/16
1 X XWF Tag Team Champion. - 04/06/16 - 05/25/16
1 X Heavy Metal Weight Champion - 04/29/13 - 05/05/13
1 X 24/7 Federweight Champion - 02/21/16 - 02/23/16
1 X Star of the Month

Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-21-2013, 02:05 AM

lol I wonder what astronomical price they'll be asking for. As somebody who was an avid video game player in the 80's (loved NES, SNES, etc) I am so disappointed with what the gaming industry has become today. Less quality, more bells and whistles, more jacked up prices... and most of all, more dumb asses who keep buying into it and allowing it to get worse by shelling out money instead of complaints.

Anyone here see what happened with the SVR series over the years? We've been buying the same game every year, with WORSE controls and still missing the features that the classic wrestling games of the past had already built in. Why can't we have an elimination 6 man match inside the Hell in a Cell structure? Why can't they get the targeting option to work right and have it be on a convenient button to press, like it was back on SVR06? What's wrong with the gaming industry of today? Anyone remember how we went TWO YEARS (2 game releases) with NO fucking targeting button? That means in a multi-person match, NO WAY to manually choose who you are looking at so you can attack them. Boy, that was fun.

I also think all the 1st person style shooters and other repeating games are pointless. More 3-D, less control over what you're doing and where you're walking... more ways to fail due to improper visuals and bad controls. I just "love" those 1st person games where you have the camera right up your ass so you literally can't see ANYTHING behind you, or next to you on either side, and then to turn left or right is so slow that it becomes its own chore.

Sorry just had to vent! I can only imagine what horrible things the PS4 has in store for anybody who remembers when video games worked right and weren't filled with glitches and lacking controls. The challenge should be in the gameplay... not in trying to get the game to react how you want it to, due to shitty controls and overbearing graphics that are only impressive if you're watching somebody else play it.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Crimson Cobra Offline
Dat Crimson Boy

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

02-21-2013, 02:08 AM

Or good ol' Smackdown! where you could have a multiplayer season mode where you are placed into a title division and begin the race to get the title. I do miss the old SVR games compared to todays crap!

Twitter Trends Related to @TheCrimsonSnake:
#MadnessGM
#MadnessGoesCrimson
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-21-2013, 02:12 AM

(02-21-2013, 02:08 AM)Crimson Cobra Said: Or good ol' Smackdown! where you could have a multiplayer season mode where you are placed into a title division and begin the race to get the title. I do miss the old SVR games compared to todays crap!

Yeah.. it was nice.

Or being able to have a gameshark? PS3 sure fucked THAT up. At least with PS2 games you could grab a gameshark, type in some codes, and fix the wrestling game settings. You could FORCE it to have an elimination inside a hell in a cell WITH weapons and tables that you could bring on top of the cell! Or have a match with literally 15+ tables that you could STACK!

They sure made sure to get rid of all that. We've been "enhancing" games since the fucking 1st Nintendo (Game Genie) and now once PS3 comes out, it's no longer an option. Fuck you, asshole Nazis of today's gaming industry.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Crimson Cobra (02-21-2013)
Crimson Deadly Away
The Pinions Master

XWF FanBase:
Heel w/ Cult Following

02-21-2013, 06:12 AM

I'm sure you can do elimination in armaggedon hell in a cell in wwe 13 can't you? Wouldn't you just have to go into the match details part and switch elimination as on?

Or am I missing something, did they just have a moment where they didn't give you that option, lol Tongue

W/L/D
3/2/0
pin!
pin
Trophy Cabinet:
Hate Post Like Post