Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-03-2024, 11:31 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! NEW X-TREME TITLE 24/7 REQUIREMENTS
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-19-2022, 07:24 AM

Hey guys!

First off, thanks for bearing with us during the arduous and confusing site upgrade. You will see things pop up here and there as we continue to improve things from time to time, add new graphics or features, etc. Luckily, for the most part, things went rather smooth and we didn't lose much if anything, other than some outdated plugins that are just no longer supported.

Secondly - we on the staff had a conversation today about the briefcase rules for the X-Treme Title. It's been quite a while since we really looked at them, and we haven't shaken them up in several years. As you know, for the longest time it's been about how long you can hold the title... which then was amended with the Gilmour Accountability Rule, stating you needed a certain number of defenses (so you couldn't just win the title and then never opt in again).

Nowadays there's a lot more variety in the types of shows we do, with different word counts, RP amounts, and rosters that tend to stick to one more often than float back and forth. plus, it looks like it's almost too easy sometimes for a decent champ to get to that case. The time frame itself has been moot for a long time already, for example.

So what we are going to do is this:

We want the champion to have to tour the brands in order to get that 24/7 briefcase. They need to visit each show and defend against someone under that show's rules. That will include

- 2 Warfare defenses
- 2 Savage defenses
- 1 Anarchy defense
- 1 PPV defense

After those six successful defenses, however long that takes, the case will be awarded.

We think this will give a different challenge to the champion and also give more of the roster a chance to be a part of the X Title scene. Plus, with the shows all being biweekly, it will take long enough for all of those matches to happen anyway.

The 24/7 forum will stay the same, no changes there with regards to how long it takes to pin the champion (although AS SOON AS I find a way to stop you guys from subscribing to the forum, I am going to!)

What do you guys think? What are your opinions on this versus the way we have been doing it up until now?

Oh, one last thing... the first ever Anarchy X Title defense is getting booked RIGHT NOW!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 9 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Dolly Waters (08-19-2022), Finn Kühn (08-19-2022), Game Girl (08-19-2022), Jason Cashe (08-19-2022), Marf (08-19-2022), Mr. Oz (08-19-2022), The Chameleon (08-19-2022), Theo Pryce (08-19-2022), Unknown Soldier (08-19-2022)
Dolly Waters Online
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

08-19-2022, 06:18 PM

I love that you’re going to find a way to stop forum subs. All positive changes. Win on every brand if you want a case, I like it!

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dolly Waters's post:
Marf (08-19-2022)